IGNORED

Seewalds 36: Waiting for the Next Cute Kid Video or Photo

Coconut Flan

That bandaid looked as though it wasn't applied firmly. There was no screeching and no post-removal redness. I'll give a firm "A-OK" to that video.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2018 at 11:22 AM, Glasgowghirl said:

I remember one of the Bates saying [Amy’s] car looked like an illegal pharmaceutical sales reps car on an episode of the show

I’m fairly sure that was actually one of Josh’s used cars, not Amy’s, that was around to transport everyone to Silver Dollar City. IIRC, Josh made the comment about his concern in his car was Amy, and Amy was waving her iPod around and saying she’d be just fine as long as she could drown our the singing.  The Bates’ comment was around the same point in that episode, but unrelated to Amy. 

"Jordyn was the forgotten child for the most part, so that's entirely possible."

I remember an episode when for some reason Jchelle and everyone was gone and Jimboob was alone with Jordyn and Josie. They were all on this huge bed and Jboob just kept going on and on about Josie. And Jordyn was floating around on the bed and Jboob kept talking about how much Jordyn loved, loved, loved taking care of Josie. She was what--1? And not only taking care of Josie, but loving it, was her assigned role. Looking back, I'm mean enough to wish she'd bit him or something.

That may have been the same episode where, at the dining room table, Jordyn gave JB the best squinty sidelook stink eye I've ever seen. JB was somehow left alone to babysit/parent the youngest.

1 hour ago, patsymae said:

Looking back, I'm mean enough to wish she'd bit him or something

I’d even support her biting him now.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:26 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

I’d even support her biting him now.

I would support it, if it didn't make me sick to my stomach just thinking about the repercussions to her doing it. 

I'll dream about a grown arse (married kid) of his smacking him in the head instead. Their will be consequences but at least they are adults and "out from under his control" Or Jana as she walks her arse out the door...

53 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

2927813F-84DE-41D2-919A-801CE28A74BA.thumb.png.163ee20eada53cc74e2bf22ec7ae68af.png

Henry and Meredith were fighting over a toy

The only thing I can see are her FILTHY feet.  You know how dirty that floor must be and all those smalls crawling on it? I'm not a germaphobe by any standard, I'm very much a bring me yer germs they don't scare me! But I can't handle filthy.  

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

2927813F-84DE-41D2-919A-801CE28A74BA.thumb.png.163ee20eada53cc74e2bf22ec7ae68af.png

Henry and Meredith were fighting over a toy

Of course- your cousin's toys are always much cooler than your toys, even if they are identical!

13 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The only thing I can see are her FILTHY feet.  You know how dirty that floor must be and all those smalls crawling on it? I'm not a germaphobe by any standard, I'm very much a bring me yer germs they don't scare me! But I can't handle filthy.   

For all you know she may have been running around outside in bare feet.

Also the dirt would be good for their immune systems (current indications are that increased allergy rates are at least partially explained by a lack of bacteria in kids environments).

20 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It's Christmas, they obviously had a ton of people over. Unless they were scrubbing the floors every two hours, there's no way to really prevent that. 

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's Christmas, they obviously had a ton of people over. Unless they were scrubbing the floors every two hours, there's no way to really prevent that. 

And kids will find a way to get dirty no matter what. 

48 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

And kids will find a way to get dirty no matter what. 

That's okay, I hear kids are washable now!  :) 

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's okay, I hear kids are washable now!  :) 

Hahah been like that for a while. I'm 30 and my Nanny always said that I couldn't get into much that wouldn't come off with a good scrubbing! :) I was the kid with the dirty socks, koolaid moustache, and twigs/leaves in my hair. :P 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah been like that for a while. I'm 30 and my Nanny always said that I couldn't get into much that wouldn't come off with a good scrubbing! :) I was the kid with the dirty socks, koolaid moustache, and twigs/leaves in my hair. :P 

I don't have one pic of me little where my hair wasn't trying to messily escape barrettes/pony tail holders.  and there's a reason no one ever dressed me in white.

Yes the feet are filthy but the first thought I had was that I was cold just looking at them. Granted, I don't know what the temps are down in Arkansas at Christmas but we're all up in nice, toasty socks in the Northeast. My kids scream about their feet being cold as soon as they're out of their bath.

The toy is a Sea Patroller. My 3-year-old and all his similarly-aged cousins asked for one and got it. It's in the newest season of Paw Patrol so for them a big deal. I have to imagine that the M'Kids are watching the show if Meredith got one.

Jessa posted a video of some of the little kids making gingerbread houses out of graham crackers and other odds and ends. Meredith kept calling out, “See my house? Jessa, look at my house!” and I couldn’t figure out who it was until Jessa answered her. It occurred to me that although I feel bad for Meredith that Josh is her father, at least she has been fortunate to so far remain mostly out of the public eye. 

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Yes the feet are filthy but the first thought I had was that I was cold just looking at them. Granted, I don't know what the temps are down in Arkansas at Christmas but we're all up in nice, toasty socks in the Northeast. My kids scream about their feet being cold as soon as they're out of their bath.

I believe the Duggar house has a radiant heat floor.

13 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Jessa posted a video of some of the little kids making gingerbread houses out of graham crackers and other odds and ends. Meredith kept calling out, “See my house? Jessa, look at my house!” and I couldn’t figure out who it was until Jessa answered her. It occurred to me that although I feel bad for Meredith that Josh is her father, at least she has been fortunate to so far remain mostly out of the public eye. 

The thing is- we have no real idea what kind of father Josh is nowadays. Is he strict? Checked out? Involved? Doesn’t care? Caring? Giving lots of leeway?

I couldn’t really say. Same goes for Anna by the way.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:17 PM, AtlanticTug said:

The toy is a Sea Patroller. My 3-year-old and all his similarly-aged cousins asked for one and got it. It's in the newest season of Paw Patrol so for them a big deal. I have to imagine that the M'Kids are watching the show if Meredith got one.

We're up in the (usually cold, except for now) Northeast and my aunt has BEAUTIFUL Italian stone flooring on the first floor of her house with radiant heat underneath because it gets cold. I definitely prefer to still be in socks in her house. You can still feel the heat through socks, but the floors do tend to be slippery with them so I get the appeal of going barefoot, too.

How often does radiant heating have problems that require ripping open the floor? The way it’s just layed in always made me leery. I have large, ply length ceramic tiles in my bathroom and I often wish they were heated.

I grew up in houses with tile floor basically my whole life because I'm a Florida girl. On days where a lot of people would be coming in and out of the house (like Christmas gatherings) it's just gonna get a little dirty and particles of sand, dirt etc. that people track in stick to your feet.

I still consider tile much more sanitary than carpet. I despise carpet. A rug here and there is nice because I do like to sit on the floor sometimes (I don't have any rugs in our house because I don't trust our dogs not to be jerks at the moment). I just feel like carpet collects and traps things like dust and vacuuming only gives me some comfort. And it's not like you're going to have someone come in and deep clean the carpets as often as you could mop a tile floor.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived