IGNORED

Maxwell 24: Juicing, Chiropracters, and Faux Insurance

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Gawd they’re all so freaking smug.  I hope life smacks them real hard.

i have known women who suffered at the hands of backstreet abortionists, my stepmom was butchered so badly she couldn’t have children.  What is wrong with these religious assholes?.  I hope they split hell wide open when they die. Curse them all.

Now I’m all stabby.  

What's wrong with them? They want to punish people (read women) for having sex because they're backwards and fucked up. It's not about saving babies, not really, it's about punishing women because we're all sinful temptresses leading poor men astray.

For fucks sake, their "insurance" won't pay for any procedure that will terminate an embryo even if it means the mom could die. Ectopic pregnancy? Wait for your fallopian tube to rupture and hope you don't bleed out before surgery. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hane said:

@punkiepie, I believe I’ve seen that kind of 15/45 or 20/40- minute plan suggested on sites like Unfuck Your Habitat, to help making jobs that look onerous more manageable. I find myself doing this at work when I have a huge task to do.

I think Teri has to schedule small increments because she can't function very well or cope with life.  She never takes her grandchildren out by herself.  She even has trouble with simple tasks like cooking.  I get the impression that she's sicker than she lets on, and the kids rescue her so she doesn't get grief from her tyrant husband.  She needs a shrink but her husband would never go for that.  It also seems like most of her posts are about how hard things are.  I don't know if she posts like that on purpose so people will buy her stuff, or she really thinks that everything in life is difficult.  

7 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I think Teri has to schedule small increments because she can't function very well or cope with life.  She never takes her grandchildren out by herself.  She even has trouble with simple tasks like cooking.  I get the impression that she's sicker than she lets on, and the kids rescue her so she doesn't get grief from her tyrant husband.  She needs a shrink but her husband would never go for that.  It also seems like most of her posts are about how hard things are.  I don't know if she posts like that on purpose so people will buy her stuff, or she really thinks that everything in life is difficult.  

If this is the case then I have more than a little empathy for her.  That doesn't absolve her of responsibility for not standing up for the well being of her kids as Steve created this insular life for them, but last several months I have been struggling with some stuff and...I understand feeling overwhelmed by nothing.

If your hypotheses is true (and it's plausible from what we see) I bet there is a lot of relief in being able to abdicate all real responsibility to Steve.  Being overwhelmed while still being responsible for all the big things for yourself and your family....that's terrifying.  

1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

She needs a shrink but her husband would never go for that.

She has needed a shrink for decades!!  I feel like most husband’s would get their wives the help that they need. Steve never did that. 

9 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

She has needed a shrink for decades!!  I feel like most husband’s would get their wives the help that they need. Steve never did that. 

Most would. I suffered from depression very badly in high school. I tried to take my life and all my mom could say was “how could you do this to me.” I grew up in a Jewish Christian household. My mom never got my help for my depression. Some people believe it’s all in your head. 

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Most would. I suffered from depression very badly in high school. I tried to take my life and all my mom could say was “how could you do this to me.” I grew up in a Jewish Christian household. My mom never got my help for my depression. Some people believe it’s all in your head. 

I feel you. Though only vague "Christian" background.

12 hours ago, nomoxian said:

That pool really is not large enough to teach kids how to swim properly. When I took lessons, we started off at the shallow end where we could stand (smaller kid groups did the same thing, but on a platform placed in the shallowest part, which was 3 feet) Before we were considered actually able to swim - like enough to enter the area that goes above our heads - we had to do two widths of the pool without stopping.

Not to mention not holding your head up out of the water.  Former swim instructor, Teri? Like hell you were.

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Right? The swim classes I’ve seen were a bunch of kids 10 and under in bathing suits. No adults or teens in bikinis. If they are worried about their children seeing little boys in trunks and little girls in ordinary bathing suits, they are beyond ridiculous. 

Or they are fucking perverts.

11 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I tried to take my life and all my mom could say was “how could you do this to me.”

Hugs to you - I thought *my* mom was the only one fucked up enough to say such a thing.  

My husband was my biggest champion when it came to me being in therapy - at my last appointment he hugged my therapist and thanked him with big tears in his eyes.  My honey has more compassion and empathy in his pinky nail than Stevehovah has in his whole smug body.

I have to chuckle -- I'm visiting my mom at her retirement home and there is a woman here who looks so much like Teri.  The other night we were at the same dinner table and I noticed that she ordered the meat (brown) and mashed potatoes w/gravy (cream & tan) but no greens or any other veggies (or colors).  That made me almost giggle out loud!  

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Right? The swim classes I’ve seen were a bunch of kids 10 and under in bathing suits. No adults or teens in bikinis. If they are worried about their children seeing little boys in trunks and little girls in ordinary bathing suits, they are beyond ridiculous. 

My d once attended a homeschool only class--there was a Gothard teen there. She wore a normal "tank-ini" about 1 size bigger than normal so it covered, but she had better mobility than in a tight one piece.

The new post is up. This gem screams out at the reader:

"The sixth step I will refer to as Editing."

Words fail. Again.

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

I have to chuckle -- I'm visiting my mom at her retirement home and there is a woman here who looks so much like Teri.  The other night we were at the same dinner table and I noticed that she ordered the meat (brown) and mashed potatoes w/gravy (cream & tan) but no greens or any other veggies (or colors).  That made me almost giggle out loud!  

My MIL looks like Teri. They could pass for sisters. My son’s teacher looks almost exactly like Anna Maxwell. Except about 10 years older. It’s almost creepy. And what’s sad is that I could easily see Anna as an early education teacher if she had not grown up in Maxhell. Teaching and interacting with children seems to come natural to her. 

6 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

The new post is up. This gem screams out at the reader:

"The sixth step I will refer to as Editing."

Ohhh. Did she compose this piece on the six step that she will refer to as editing while on what some would call a vacation?

18 hours ago, Dru said:

What's wrong with them? They want to punish people (read women) for having sex because they're backwards and fucked up. It's not about saving babies, not really, it's about punishing women because we're all sinful temptresses leading poor men astray.

For fucks sake, their "insurance" won't pay for any procedure that will terminate an embryo even if it means the mom could die. Ectopic pregnancy? Wait for your fallopian tube to rupture and hope you don't bleed out before surgery. 

I don’t think I’ve ever told this story, but I used to work for a faith-based non-profit and many of the volunteers were conservative Christians. One of the volunteers was a woman in her mid-twenties who had a two year old daughter. Unbeknownst to her, she’d gotten pregnant. She discovered it was an erotic pregnancy because she passed out from pain and was taken to the hospital. The surgeon decided to remove the affected Fallopian tube to save her life, a decision they had to make themselves because she was unconscious on the operating table and they went ahead and did what they had to do to save her life. All good, right?  No. She had Samaritan. (When she told me this story, she was surprised I guessed the company involved...). Samaritan refused to do the cost sharing for the procedure, one that she didn’t have any control over, and one which saved her life. She felt AWFUL because Samaritan made her feel like she killed her baby—even though she had no say in the matter and it was NEVER going to be a “baby.” She was pro-life, and this was basically one of the worst things you could say to a woman who lived to be a mom to her child. It took her a couple of years to get over it and have her second child (one which, obviously, would not have been born without her life-saving surgery). That company is pure evil for making a very kind, accomplished woman feel like a murderer for something well-beyond her control. I spit on the ground when I say it’s name. Shame.  

56 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

She discovered it was an erotic pregnancy because she passed out from pain and was taken to the hospital.

I'd hope most pregnancies started with some eroticism~! ?

(I know you meant ectopic, probably autocorrect)

Scamarian sucks and should be illegal. 

So, now we know those "professional editors" Steve has boasted about are just Anna and Teri. 

Sarah, find an actual professional to edit your work, please!

30 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'd hope most pregnancies started with some eroticism~! ?

(I know you meant ectopic, probably autocorrect)

Scamarian sucks and should be illegal. 

Yep—meant ectopic, but I’ll keep it. ?

That whole post.... how does Teri give fresh ideas after they’ve read through the book in detail and provided thoughts then?  What a weird, boring family. 

I made a good living in publishing but over the past couple years I had a recurring nightmare in which I’m thisclose to deadline and have Absolutely Nothing Even Started, much less ready to go.

I wonder now: did PSarah/Steve’s posts about her writing, trigger the nightmares? Talk about a woman who has Absolutely Nothing to write about!!!

Anyway, I’ll be interested to see if i have the dream  tonight.  I am optimistic I won’t. For one, the nightmares’ story lines have progressed over the past several months, to where most recently, Dream-me is quitting the job and thus blissfully unconcerned about anything having to do with the product. 

Also, when I saw the topic this time, I only skimmed the screen — out of pure boredom, not any fear about the dream. But now I’m glad I didn’t. Let’s see what Mr./Ms.Sandman brings me!  8-D

I had to laugh out loud when I read that on her second draft Sarah works on "making the story come alive". How fucking boring and awful must the first draft be? Also I'm pretty sure this family hasn't had a "fresh idea" about anything in years.

I'd love to see Sarah have Chelsy edit one of her blog posts or Moody books. I bet we'd notice the difference.

On 10/9/2018 at 12:12 PM, Knight of Ni said:

Makes me wonder how many other authors use ghostwriters. 

My first ghostwriting assignment is due tomorrow...took a break from working on it to say this thread is making me nervous!

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My first ghostwriting assignment is due tomorrow...took a break from working on it to say this thread is making me nervous!

If you ever need any “sparkle”, contact Anna.  

9 minutes ago, bertnee said:

Seriously, what 'sparkle' is in those books? They read very dull to me!

I have never read them, but is it possible she's writing for a specific demographic with which her style would resonate?  

I know there is objectively good and bad - but i've read some bad writing that is wildly popular

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived