IGNORED

Dillards 65: Standard Cringe, New Atrocious Signage

Georgiana

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Is it a guy? I got the impression they were female.

They do say that Jill only goes to the class where the professor encouraged visitors.

The mods there verified the user.

I just assumed it was a guy... maybe because I figured all the women would know who the Duggars are.  LOL.  

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder if that means that visitors were encouraged or the professor just didn't explicitly say no visitors.

Is this weird to anyone else?  I have never once had a professor encourage visitors in any class.

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is this weird to anyone else?  I have never once had a professor encourage visitors in any class.

It's weird to me.  Can't imagine why a professor would encourage visitors, unless there was a large ego issue going on.

How many times has Jill tagged along with Derick to class? I wonder if any other significant others have attended more than once.

22 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I just assumed it was a guy... maybe because I figured all the women would know who the Duggars are.  LOL.  

I snooped in their posts and they're a 120lb vegan with an ankle tattoo of this, so I'm leaning towards them being a woman!

latest?cb=20180217104928 

20 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Wreck contradicted himself on what #datetime means within the week. I can't take anything he has to say on real subjects seriously (not that I did before obvs)

6EF4B1CB-70EF-44C4-9B7C-BAC9D8D21D9C.thumb.jpeg.d2c96c10c02dc00c9ad6b703d87a1a43.jpeg8B5C1535-76DB-428C-BAA9-460D38B447B8.thumb.png.1d0e52b297c4e3fec74bbc7c791a278f.png

So did they park the cart in front of the TVs and leave the boys there?

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

The guy on reddit that goes to law school with Derick said that Jill went to class with him again today.

Maybe Derdick brings her to class whenever he doesn’t do/understand the reading to avoid being cold called. I predict he will do this until the professor bans her. And then he’ll tweet about his professor persecuting him.

17 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I snooped in their posts and they're a 120lb vegan with an ankle tattoo of this, so I'm leaning towards them being a woman!

latest?cb=20180217104928 

Could be awkward if Derek does the same, sounds like she's pretty easily identifiable.

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Could be awkward if Derek does the same, sounds like she's pretty easily identifiable.

She also talks a lot about using kratom, which doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do on an account where you identify which law school you go to.

If I were Jill and my husband would be at law school and someone would take my two kids for a couple of hours, I know many things I would like to do instead of going to class with my husband.

( I would have enough self-awareness to not make him look weird because his wifey for lifey sits with him in class. More than once. Yeah, but that would be my self-awareness. )

But honestly: I would get a massage, read a book ... the bible for sure, take a pedicure, meet one of my sisters or my mum without the kids, meet friends......... and so on. 

Can anything bad happen from her sit-ins on a real, accredited college class other than Jill broadening her horizons a bit and getting a taste of what education actually means? 

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

Can anything bad happen from her sit-ins on a real, accredited college class other than Jill broadening her horizons a bit and getting a taste of what education actually means? 

Jill may have an epiphany and just tell D wreck she is off to nursing college. The boys can join daycare/ an auntie mum could be loaned from the TTH. If she waits a year, Hannie will be old enough. ( not that I wish it on Hannie but being realistic here)!

Good ole J-B can fund it. Jill deserves that much after bringing in an income from a very young age via TLC/ and the Joshy crap. 

Two children are enough whilst Dwreck is in law school. Go for it Jill. 

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

It's weird to me.  Can't imagine why a professor would encourage visitors, unless there was a large ego issue going on.

A lot of college teachers forbid cell phones in their classrooms to cut down on distraction - it seems to me like bringing a whole-ass other person to class with you would be just as distracting?

7 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

How many times has Jill tagged along with Derick to class? I wonder if any other significant others have attended more than once.

I believe we’ve only had two confirmed attendances thus far. Classes began August 20th and end November 30th (with finals held December 3rd through December 14th.) She has been confirmed as visiting the school via Derick’s Instagram - once in September 12th and a second post about Clinton's office a week ago places Jill at the school, though not in the classroom, as well. 

4 hours ago, Pretzel said:

The only negatives I can think of right now are if Jill’s presence is somehow distracting Derick or the other students or if she’s taking up space that an actual student could be using. I don’t know if the classroom source has stated either has happened or not. 

I think Jill being exposed to an actual university classroom is a good thing, but it saddens me that this is the way it’s happening. It’s better than nothing, but I wish it was a class she was taking herself for a degree or for personal enrichment. 

And torally off topic, but for anyone wondering Derick’s brother updated his LinkedIn information:

083083AF-C3F1-4BBC-B239-CDF1E5876754.thumb.png.915a5a89bfa2c6b6c8f9bed757d00d68.png

He left the Boy Scouts job in June and started his new position that same month, so it appears he most likely did have another job lined up before leaving. 

10 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

What class is this that she seems to like so much?  I see becoming a typical Duggar, observe professionals then proclaim to be one. Pretty soon Jill will be spouting all kinds of legal terms like she knows what it all actually means. Also, I could see profs being cool about the occasional visit but if this more of a constant thing wouldn't the school then make her pay for essentially taking the class? 

Oh wow, so now Jill is an attorney and a midwife/doctor? I'm impressed.

6 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I don't know, people are paying a lot of money to be in that class and she's sitting in for free. Sure, she's not getting a credit but I still wouldn't allow it if I were a professor. 

While I didn't go to law school, my grad school had their spouses club at the same time as one of our later classes of the day on campus. I think it was the day of the week we had our social, so it wasn't uncommon to see spouses hanging out before that class or after. One of the wives almost always brought really tasty baked goods that we'd pass around in class.

It's also worth pointing out that Jill was often on campus during Derick's Cross Church ministry program thing, so she may also have friends she's visiting or still be involved in those outreach efforts. 

ETA: Jinger passed out their pregnancy center info on campus and has been shown attending Jeremy's Masters Seminar events. Jeremy is also posting all about how he's in school with a newborn.

I don't think the Cross Church thing is on the Law School campus, so she probably doesn't know anyone there.

Your grad school has a spouse club? Never heard of anything like that. Our Med School is a 6-year programme. The only guy who got married during that time is in some 7th Day Adventist related church.  People think it's really weird that he got married while still in college. The got married after 3rd year, not kids yet though.

I understand Jinger and Jill sitting in on/visiting their husbands ministry programs. Ministries tend to treat spouses as one unit/a team/a package deal. Thats very differnt than secular schools. Of course, it's the law professors perogative to allow it. I just wouldn't personally allow it on a regular basis.  

21 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

I don't think the Cross Church thing is on the Law School campus, so she probably doesn't know anyone there.

Your grad school has a spouse club? Never heard of anything like that. Our Med School is a 6-year programme. The only guy who got married during that time is in some 7th Day Adventist related church.  People think it's really weird that he got married while still in college. The got married after 3rd year, not kids yet though.

My physician niece got married in Med School (2012), had her first child a month before her residency started, and her next during her last year of residency. She and her husband are very religious (RCs). They are an extraordinary family. Most people could not do it.

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My physician niece got married in Med School (2012), had her first child a month before her residency started, and her next during her last year of residency. She and her husband are very religious (RCs). They are an extraordinary family. Most people could not do it.

Damn. That sounds really hard. When my brother was a med student he knew a surgical resident who literally had to take a day off to spend time with her baby. She hadn’t seen him in weeks (well, any time she saw him he was sleeping because of her hours).

11 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Damn. That sounds really hard. When my brother was a med student he knew a surgical resident who literally had to take a day off to spend time with her baby. She hadn’t seen him in weeks (well, any time she saw him he was sleeping because of her hours).

My nephew took 3 years off- and got is Masters at Northwestern during that time. I am sure that they will have more kids. The kids are 4 and 1 now. 

41 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Your grad school has a spouse club? Never heard of anything like that.

I have an MBA, so nobody went straight from undergrad to grad school. Most competitive programs require a minimum of three years professional experience for consideration, so our average class age was 28. There were quite a few spouses and 2 marriages that happened during our year, several people had kids as well.

The spouse club was really important, they'd ripped up their lives to move across the country as well and had a lot of networking/ try to help them career wise for the duration of our program. 

I wonder how Derick feels about Jill repeatedly coming to class with him.  Is her motivation the same as repeatedly showing up to meet him for lunch at Walmart?  I see her as a hard-core clinger.  Maybe he doesn't like it but the visits calm her down for awhile? 

7 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

He probably loves it because #nokids.

Sucks for a person in a cult that does not believe in birth control.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived