IGNORED

Dillards 65: Standard Cringe, New Atrocious Signage

Georgiana

Well, Lawson does love taking photos of himself holding fundie babies. Can't let Jaxon miss out on that fundie baby rite of passage lol. But it is a random comment from Deena alright, it is one thing taking pics with his nieces and nephews or even Duggar offspring, but  babies of random Duggar in-laws would be pushing it a bit even for an attention hog like Lawson.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Umm Ok Deena.... ?

also, why did she post this on Lawson’s ig out of everyone?

7503FA8F-A964-4E06-BBA8-477E5A6E7A77.jpeg

Someone is extra thirsty.  :coke:

"Based on what the law determines the sentence should be" was what Derick should have been basing his answer on, but he put his own opinion instead. THAT is what will make him fail law school.

12 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Let's bear in mind Jim Bob was said to push for the death penalty for incest in his time as Arkansas State Representative. Our fundies never ever let cognitive disonance bother them. Plus, it is totally possible to expect sexual assualt victims to forgive and move on while SEVERELY punishing their perpetrator. Hey, what more do they want, we killed the SOB that raped them!? Plus, when they say rapist we know they mean that "scary, ungodly, foreigner lurking in the bushes." Not lily white, clean cut godly Christian men like Josh Duggar. Forgiveness for him. Death penalty for the others. I absolutely appreciate your post @HarryPotterFan. One more putrid layer of the rancid onion that is fundamentalism gets peeled away. 

Oh, true. I forgot #OnlyWhiteChristianMaleLivesMatter. Silly me.

Evangelicals have roughly same amount of divorce as worldly people and more liberal Christians. Cognitive dissonance is the name of the game in certain circles of Christianity.

Wreck contradicted himself on what #datetime means within the week. I can't take anything he has to say on real subjects seriously (not that I did before obvs)

6EF4B1CB-70EF-44C4-9B7C-BAC9D8D21D9C.thumb.jpeg.d2c96c10c02dc00c9ad6b703d87a1a43.jpeg8B5C1535-76DB-428C-BAA9-460D38B447B8.thumb.png.1d0e52b297c4e3fec74bbc7c791a278f.png

Wreck contradicted himself on what #datetime means within the week. I can't take anything he has to say on real subjects seriously (not that I did before obvs)
6EF4B1CB-70EF-44C4-9B7C-BAC9D8D21D9C.thumb.jpeg.d2c96c10c02dc00c9ad6b703d87a1a43.jpeg8B5C1535-76DB-428C-BAA9-460D38B447B8.thumb.png.1d0e52b297c4e3fec74bbc7c791a278f.png

And wtf a date at sams (is that a supermarket??) isn’t that just adulting... doing groceries with your wife and kids isnt a date! Thats being a freaken adult dumb dumb

21 minutes ago, kiwi said:

And wtf a date at sams (is that a supermarket??) isn’t that just adulting... doing groceries with your wife and kids isnt a date! Thats being a freaken adult dumb dumb

It's Sam's Club, which is not exactly a supermarket. It's like Costco, if you know what that is. It's actually the one store I liked going to as a kid because they have so many samples there. :pb_lol: Derick is actually not the first person I've seen to describe going to Sam's Club as  a date either, though I agree it's weird.

He probably thinks this is special since he rarely does the household shopping.  Sorry Derick, going to Sam’s as a family is not #datenight or #familytime. It’s called #shopping or #adultinglikemostpeopledo.  Man up and actually carve out some actual date/family time from your schedule.

I think this is also just another example of just how bad the Dillards are at social media. Because that's a really cute picture of their boys, and he could have easily added a cute/funny caption like "Sam and Izzy discussing if this is the TV they want to buy."

Instead, Derick has to make it about him and Jill, again.

5 hours ago, kiwi said:

My head shape and I love going to the grocery store and will I probably wouldn't call it a date sometimes it is an activity that we enjoy and go more often than we need to.

I wonder if Derick was trying to make some stupid point about death being the penalty for rape under 'God's Law' eg the bible. If so, I hope he also raised a valid point about people sacrificing animals to other gods too.  

Will he ever stop reminding us that OMG he's in LAW SCHOOL and it's SOOOO HARD.  

First, law school shouldn't destroy your personal life.  I found law school less academically challenging than my undergrad.  The scrabble for jobs and jerks jockeying for status (like Derick) made it psychologically challenging, but for an English speaker who understands how to "do college", the material itself isn't super demanding (IMO).  Especially for him, since Derick frequently tells us that he is smart and other people are dumb.  

Second, he's so patently transparent.  This man is SO insecure.  This is nothing more than his usual M.O. of constantly reminding us that he is actually SUPER SMART you internet trolls (have you forgotten from his last ten posts that he's in LAW SCHOOL?).  Plus, I suspect he's trying to bolster an excuse - either for us or for Jill - for why he seems to be such a lazy and uninvolved parent.  

14 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

It's Sam's Club, which is not exactly a supermarket. It's like Costco, if you know what that is. It's actually the one store I liked going to as a kid because they have so many samples there. :pb_lol: Derick is actually not the first person I've seen to describe going to Sam's Club as  a date either, though I agree it's weird.

I don't like crowded, busy stores where pushing a cart down the aisle feels like an obstacle course, which is my Costco experience every time.  That would be a crappy date for me.

48 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

The guy on reddit that goes to law school with Derick said that Jill went to class with him again today.

If this is true, and Jill feels the need to turf her kids and get out of the house all the time, why doesn't she get a paying job? I'm sure Duggar Dynasty could find something for her to do that would: 1) occupy her time and 2) bring some money into the coffers.

48 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

The guy on reddit that goes to law school with Derick said that Jill went to class with him again today.

Do you get the feeling that's a genuine source and not troll?  If so does she bring the kids?

Granted, it's been a day or two since I've been in college but I remember very few toddlers sitting classes.

59 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Is it a guy? I got the impression they were female.

They do say that Jill only goes to the class where the professor encouraged visitors.

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Do you get the feeling that's a genuine source and not troll?  If so does she bring the kids?

Granted, it's been a day or two since I've been in college but I remember very few toddlers sitting classes.

The mods there verified the user.

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Is it a guy? I got the impression they were female.

They do say that Jill only goes to the class where the professor encouraged visitors.

The mods there verified the user.

When I had two small kids the last thing I'd have spent my time doing was going to someone else's classes.  

I'll be honest, by nature I'm clingier than I care to be when in a relationship where I'm happy but this level of enmeshment baffles even me.

What class is this that she seems to like so much?  I see becoming a typical Duggar, observe professionals then proclaim to be one. Pretty soon Jill will be spouting all kinds of legal terms like she knows what it all actually means. Also, I could see profs being cool about the occasional visit but if this more of a constant thing wouldn't the school then make her pay for essentially taking the class? 

The only trip with kids that we would've considered date-ish was Ikea, cause Swedish meatballs, lingonberry  jam, and furniture to boot. Back when our kids were little they had free sitting. It was kind of a sad date, but it worked for us at the time. 

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I wonder if that means that visitors were encouraged or the professor just didn't explicitly say no visitors.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived