IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

Regarding Bradley’s heartbreak/comment about the miscarriage, does that mean that Jesus is choosing to not put a baby in Michael’s belly?? ?

Yes. Michael herself says that and that's why she works to find contentment although she is clearly unhappy about infertility. Imagine the situation: your biggest dream is to have a baby, but you can't, so you feel awful, but as it's a God's decision you are selfish and mean if you feel angry, so you have to find the way to feel happy in your grieving. It's great to be a fundie!

And when (if) she finally gets pregnant, it will be a Jesus gift. And if pregnancy is impossible and they adopt, it will be Jesus decision. Etc.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish Zack or Kelly had announced the miscarriage without filming Whitney. Her tears during the tree planting ceremony should have been private. I don’t think I would have put a memorial tree right in front of my house where it would remind me all the time.

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I wish Zack or Kelly had announced the miscarriage without filming Whitney. Her tears during the tree planting ceremony should have been private. I don’t think I would have put a memorial tree right in front of my house where it would remind me all the time.

I don’t know. Everyone grieves differently and having the tree there may be a genuine comfort to them both. Same with discussing the loss on camera. Talking about what happened might have helped Whitney cope a bit. Or maybe the thought that sharing their loss would help someone else with their own loss made her feel a bit better. That’s partly why I’ve talked about my early miscarriage on here in the past - it helps me not feel so alone and it makes me feel good to think I may be helping to do the same for someone else.

I hope that Whitney made the choice to discuss what happened publicly because it was the right decision for her. 

Do we have any idea what they're doing in Colorado?  Some nefarious fundie purpose or just yet another vacation? 

43 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Do we have any idea what they're doing in Colorado?  Some nefarious fundie purpose or just yet another vacation? 

Think it was just another vacation, as Kelly explain it in answering to a fan.

But who is Chelsea Khale? ? Kelly tagged her and thanked for takeing the pitcutes. Is she just some random girl who they met or maybe a special friend from one of the boys? Someone asked who is she, someone Evan on IG mentioned courtship but Kelly didnt answerd. 

I guess they are taking a vacation right before they go lead an IBLP conference. Gil is teaching fathers in a week or so. Part of his talk should be how to take over a cult that is worth a ton of money and how to get a reality television show because without those two things his family would still be in poverty. 

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Part of his talk should be how to take over a cult that is worth a ton of money

This has to be killing JB.

Gil and Kelly are so good at putting on a show and figuring out how to present themselves in order to get what they want. Gothard hand picked him because he thought Gil and Kelly would be ideal top IBLP power couples who would turn a blind eye/protect him no matter what. JB was obviously passed over and I bet it is because he came off as too independent minded and Gothard only wanted mindless followers. But Gil and Kelly ended up being the ones who were there for the money and power! There is so much money involved here, Gothard ended up in poverty and Gil and Kelly are now living the life he once lived of constant travel and vacations. Now we need a plot twist where Pecan stabs them in the back and takes control of the cult! 

Yes its another family vacation, they are skying and snowboarding.

They did the live previous to the show last week from there (and by the way if someone is interested in watching the lives and doesnt have a facebook account like me, be aware that UpTV uploads them to their youtube channel, usually the day after).

Kelly even joked that it was a boys trip but that they decided to bring her so they dont starve.

18 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Now we need a plot twist where Pecan stabs them in the back and takes control of the cult! 

This is a fundie show I would watch.

What about Callie, Ellie and Addie? I would be very upset if my older and younger brothers go skying and I'm left at home. The 3 middle boys plus the 3 younger girls are always forgotten, but girls are even more forgotten. It's even sadder when you realise how bonded Kelly is with her elder daughters or how she neglects the 3 little ones. They look so cute! They deserve a real mother!

4 hours ago, miss_batson said:

But who is Chelsea Khale? ? Kelly tagged her and thanked for takeing the pitcutes. Is she just some random girl who they met or maybe a special friend from one of the boys?

According to Facebook, a young married woman with 5 little kids.  Never mind, that is Chelsea K Hale! Lol

18 hours ago, llucie said:

Yes its another family vacation, they are skying and snowboarding.

They did the live previous to the show last week from there (and by the way if someone is interested in watching the lives and doesnt have a facebook account like me, be aware that UpTV uploads them to their youtube channel, usually the day after).

Kelly even joked that it was a boys trip but that they decided to bring her so they dont starve.

I don't know whether to be annoyed at bunch of boys can't feed themselves with a woman to do it or wonder why then they chose to bring Kelly. Her idea of cooking is to make someone else do it. 

4 hours ago, miss_batson said:

This is Chelsea IG profile and she is a young girl https://instagram.com/chelseafaith228?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1ba0a88a420p7

But maybe its just coincidence. Well see.

It appears she lives in or lives in North Texas recently based on some of her pictures and some mutual Instagram accounts following her. 

4 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

why then they chose to bring Kelly. Her idea of cooking is to make someone else do it. 

Kelly came because there was a vacation happening and no way in hell was she staying at home with her daughters! I kind of doubt she is cooking. LOL. I can see her making the boys cook before she would cook! 

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Kelly came because there was a vacation happening and no way in hell was she staying at home with her daughters! I kind of doubt she is cooking. LOL. I can see her making the boys cook before she would cook! 

So do I. If all the girls are married off leaving the boys or if she had all boys she'd be making them cook and come up with some excuse as to why she's making them all cook when really its anything to keep her from having to cook. 

Kelly just said that to try to be funny and cute. Not that i agree that men not knowing how to cook is funny or cute, but to them it is. But actually the Bates boys do know how to cook, at least in the show they have shown them cooking and it didnt look like it was the first time they did it. One of the middle boys even expressed his desire to become a cheff once.

I agree that she went because no way she would miss a vacation. She needs a vacation to rest of all the other trips and vacations! But they still have to call it a boys trip, or someone may question why they left all the poor girls at home.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:30 AM, miss_batson said:

Think it was just another vacation, as Kelly explain it in answering to a fan.

But who is Chelsea Khale? ? Kelly tagged her and thanked for takeing the pitcutes. Is she just some random girl who they met or maybe a special friend from one of the boys? Someone asked who is she, someone Evan on IG mentioned courtship but Kelly didnt answerd. 

I was thinking a courtship with lawson and possibly her sister chasley grace (????) i cant remember her name but something like that. I am not sure on her age. It just seems like Lawson was the only courting age there....

15 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

It appears she lives in or lives in North Texas recently based on some of her pictures and some mutual Instagram accounts following her. 

I hate to say this, but she doesn’t seem like Lawson or Nathan’s type. I would guess a family friend or chaperone for another girl possibly.

I got the impression that Chelsea was a random stranger or fan who said hi and took the picture. She does seem to speak medium Christianese but perhaps that just means she likes the show and recognized the Bates.

I think they'd be waaaaaaaaaaaay cagier if she were actually "getting to know" one of the kidults.

Call me cynical but it seems like the Bates PR strat is to play up on Lawson's singleness. They're running out of marriagable girls which brings in the most ratings. Trace now has a regular job so maybe he is being prepped for courtship. Nathan hasn't quite been himself (show wise) since Ashley. Plus he's busy with his pilot gig. Next bet is to hint at prospects for Lawson. And I just dont see him settling down until he knows for sure where this music stuff is going for him. This is not to say he hasnt tried. He has already admitted on one of their live sessions that he has been in love before. Whitney basically outted him on that one Unless he was referring to Jinger??, I think he gets to know women but leaves it at that. Maybe he actually dates. Honestly, Bates are losing their "authenticity" as they slowly sell their souls to reality tv gimmicking.

I just watched the vow renewal episode. When Whitney/Bradley announce the baby in her belly they pan over to Michael who is dutifully smiling and mouthing “I’m so happy!” in order to keep sweet. ?

Brandon’s expression seems a little more appropriately stony-faced. I just cannot imagine the torture of going through infertility as a part of that cult, being told that your medical issues are God’s will/that you’re not being blessed, being forced to at least seem to be contented at all times, and then know during someone’s pregnancy announcement that your reaction is going to be filmed. 

I have dealt with infertility myself. It’s gut-wrenching. Michael’s circumstances seem like a special kind of hell. She is not allowed to grieve, to engage in self-care by removing herself from others’ baby announcements and events in order to not be triggered, to have life options other than being a mother, and likely not allowed to or persuaded that it’s against god’s will to pursue any fertility treatments. I have rage on her behalf. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived