IGNORED

Bates 25: Moving The Kids Out of the House

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Also, Tori was talking about how cool Kelton's song was, and... Bobby?  her husband, had this hurt look on his face like he was thinking "so my idea sucked?" and she didn't seem to catch onto his looks. 

I noticed. I think she said it was the best surprise ever which kinda locked her comment into a corner she couldn't get out. lol Folks usually put a lot of effort into the proposal and surrounding events even if it looks simple. So I can see him really feeling some type of way by what she said but strugging it off. I doubt she meant harm by it or that it truly was the best. I think she was exaggerating to emphasize how good a job Evan did. That is the kind of stuff that adds up later.

I wonder if she says stuff like  that often. Ihave said before I think Tori comes off insensitive. Not sure she means it anymore. She could just be oblivious.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Where are you from?

In Barcelona a few years ago, bachelorette parties where just a diner and some drinks in a club, with (sometimes) gross jokes/games for the bride-to-be. The typical gift was some sexy underwear for the bride.

Recently, it has gone crazy. Weekends in spa hotels, nights in luxury boats, trips that require plane tickets, and even in the cheapest bechelorette parties, lots lots lots of games and matching outfits. I hate games, I'm sorry. I don't like dressing like 10 more ladies and sing in the street in my bikini or I don't know what. And they try to make you feel guilty for ruining the bride-to-be party.

Netherlands, we are known to be a cheap kind of people anyway ?

Some bachelorette parties are also going over the top now but they are still not common, most people do just an activity (like a game or a workshop) and dinner and drinks.

So i just watched last week live previous to the show. There were only Lawson and Nathan on it. Surprisingly i didnt find Nathan obnoxious like he is on the show, but maybe because Lawson kept interrupting and talking over him about himself all the time. They were doing the live from New York (it looked like a family kitchen, i wonder if its Ashleys or other friends house). They will be traveling from there to the Philippines to work for two weeks in missionary work and in disaster respond. He also replied to a question that he is a commercial pilot and flying instructor and he has a website, and now he is in helicopter school too. 

I wonder what name he uses for the website because i was not able to find it.

Funniest moment was when Lawson was talking about his and Trace horses and Nathan said that they could as well be his since he is the one paying for their food. LOL 

Also in a reply about who is his favorite sister Lawson said at the moment Katie since she is the only one single (and so she has all the time to hang out with him, of course), so unless he is lying Katie is not geting to know anyone at the moment.

I don't love going to bridal showers and baby showers and whatnot (I have pretty bad anxiety when it comes to playing guessing games in front of a crowd), but when my cousin got married, our aunts threw her a holiday shower. Everyone got a holiday on a slip of paper in their invitation, and you are supposed to buy home decorations so that the newlyweds can decorate their house throughout the year. I thought that was something different but not too over the top.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, llucie said:

Also in a reply about who is his favorite sister Lawson said at the moment Katie since she is the only one single (and so she has all the time to hang out with him, of course), so unless he is lying Katie is not geting to know anyone at the moment.

I think she could be single and getting to know someone...if she's just 'getting to know' them, they're not officially in a relationship yet. 

'The Maine Event' Recap

Bringing Up Bates "The Maine Event"

Carlin, Evan, Gil, Kelly, and Evan’s parents (Paul and Denese Stewart) arrive in Portland, Maine, for the big proposal weekend. Their first order of business is picking up lobster at Portland Lobster Co. Evan is eager to try a lobster roll, but Carlin orders a cheeseburger. Evan holds a live lobster and convinces Carlin to touch it. 

Carlin and Evan rent bikes and leave their parents behind. “Alright Evan,” says Kelly. “See all these people? That’s going to be your chaperone for now. That’s your chaperone for now until we catch up.” Carlin says they have God as their chaperone.

The lovebirds take a trail along the water but end up getting lost. “You know what?” jokes Gil. “They may have run off without us. That could be bad.” They finally make it to the picnic spot where the parents are waiting, and they all eat their lunch. Carlin tries a piece of lobster but doesn’t love it.

After the picnic, Evan asks Carlin if she has a fancy outfit to put on for the activities he has planned for the evening. At this point, Carlin knows that the engagement is just hours away.

The group goes back to their rental house to change. Kelly, Gil, and Evan’s mom arrive at Portland Head Lighthouse 30 minutes early to set up flowers and a table. Back at the house, a chauffeured limo picks up Carlin and Evan and drops them off at the lighthouse.

“I don’t think anyone realizes the blind faith I have going into this,” admits Evan. “Even Carlin, I don’t think she realizes it. She thinks everything’s just perfectly under control, and I’m here sweating under my suit coat. I’m looking for my parents, her parents. I’m not even sure where they set up.”

When the couple makes it to the proposal site, the cellist starts playing. Evan reads a poem that he wrote called “My One:”

“I could list a million reasons why you’re the one for me and a million reasons more why I love you tenderly. From your hair to your smile to your heart that’s made of gold, I love every part of you with a love that won’t grow old…I need you in my life cause you’re the very air I breathe…I thank my God above that I’m as blessed as a man could be cause out of every guy on earth, He made you just for me. Now as I’m standing here with my love so strong and true, I have a special question I’ve been meaning to ask you. It’s just five simple words, but they’re filled with much romance. So Carlin Brianne Bates, may I have this dance?”

At that point, Carlin is smiling, laughing, and crying as she says, “I don’t know how to dance!” But they pull it off.

After their dance, Evan says, “I love you so much. You’re my best friend, you’re my girlfriend, and I hope you’ll be my fiancée.” He gets down on one knee and asks the big question: “So Carlin Brianne Bates, will you marry me?”

And of course, she says yes! They embrace, and he puts the ring on her finger. After a few moments, they call the parents over for hugs. “There were a lot of tears, a lot of tears on both sides,” says Kelly. The sun is setting, so the lighting is perfect for photos.

“We love Carlin,” says Denese. “I think she fits perfectly with our family.”

“We’re not just gaining a daughter,” laughs Paul. “We’re gaining about 40 people.”??

@miss_batson lol you are impossible to beat when it comes to the Bateseses, was just coming to post the same. What a pimp Kelly Jo is hey! ? For all the talk of memories, not one old photo or even one of him not dressed nicely. She cracks me up, she is so transparent. Trace has made it through the awkward stage and is growing up to be a good looking fella all the same. I much prefer her post for him to Teri Maxwell's (birthday message for sarah) though!

I am probably late to the party but I just realized that Trace looks so much like Taylor Lautner

37 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

@miss_batson lol you are impossible to beat when it comes to the Bateseses, was just coming to post the same. What a pimp Kelly Jo is hey! ? For all the talk of memories, not one old photo or even one of him not dressed nicely. She cracks me up, she is so transparent. Trace has made it through the awkward stage and is growing up to be a good looking fella all the same. I much prefer her post for him to Teri Maxwell's (birthday message for sarah) though!

@HurricaneBellshahaha!? ?

I agree with you about Trace and im sure she would love to move one of the older boys out but its not happening. 

Kelly and JRod should really compare notes on how to pimp out their (sometimes just barely legal) offspring. Kelly, you may be horrified by JRod but in this regard, you’re just like her!

So Trace really is in police academy. I wonder since when and how long until he graduates.

Also when Chad Paine left his job at the factory he said he was going to have a furniture shop (they even said how it was going to be called, but i dont remember it now), i wonder what hapenned to that? it seems he is doing construction work now, with is great too dont get me wrong, but the idea of the handmade furniture shop seemed so perfect for him and Erin.

Is Kelly selling Trace because she has lost her hope regarding Lawson and Nathan? She wants so bad to be the mother of the groom again.

Don't get me wrong, she writes different messages for each kid's birthday and she's always very nice. But this long message and the number of pictures are over the top.

3 hours ago, llucie said:

So Trace really is in police academy. I wonder since when and how long until he graduates.

Another fundie male in the police force, just what the world needs. 

Without weddings or a courtship the show is pretty damn boring, so Kelly needs to marry someone off and Trace might be the best bet. Lawson doesn't seem inclined to give up his freedom and Nathan seems to still be upset over his broken courtship. Kelly knows it will look odd if they keep marrying off daughters super young while the sons stay single. 

About their dance last night- they were doing what I think is called a box step? I feel totally lame. To me dancing is like the swaying back and forth to a slow song that we did in 8th grade at the dance. ? 

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Without weddings or a courtship the show is pretty damn boring, so Kelly needs to marry someone off and Trace might be the best bet. Lawson doesn't seem inclined to give up his freedom and Nathan seems to still be upset over his broken courtship. Kelly knows it will look odd if they keep marrying off daughters super young while the sons stay single. 

Trace might be her best option right now. Lawson seems too in love with himself and taking selfies to want to include any other person. Based on Nathan's comments to Tori about her hair at her wedding, Nathan may be so obnoxious that he's actually repelling women instead of attracting them.

17 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is Kelly selling Trace because she has lost her hope regarding Lawson and Nathan? She wants so bad to be the mother of the groom again.

Don't get me wrong, she writes different messages for each kid's birthday and she's always very nice. But this long message and the number of pictures are over the top.

Kelly Jo will not give up on the opportunity to marry off one of her eligible children any time soon. I have joked, if Jana was hers, Jana would have been pushed off the ranch long ago. Lawson and Nathan are no match for mama Bates...

I just believe both of them bringing in their own income, helps them to navigate the pressure better.

I think Lawson actually wants a woman, but he wants the Big Time so much more than an UP TV courtship. His music etc. career will come first and probably makes him unattractive to the average fundie woman, because he'll hardly be home and it isn't the most stable work unless you're an A/upper B celeb. But when he's ready which could be today or 20 years from now, he's on it.

Nathan, I think, is holding out for a love match or rebuilding his stock on the marriage market. Maybe both. I wonder if a failed courtship made him less attractive to fundie elites, causing him to work harder to get a girl (well woman at this point). 

Unlike his older brother who went out of fundiedom to catch his mate and someone like Josiah who married an extremely young misses whose family worships the Duggars, he may actually have to do extra work to marry within his desired circle. He could do that or he could stay riding Ashley to events, sitting next to her there and pining for a romantic reunion all the while throwing himself into his work until 50 when he finds his next true love. Just kidding.

Honestly, I think Nathan will surprise us all.

14 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

Congratulations post for Jeb.

That's pretty sweet. I know Kelly actually personalizes the birthday posts but this one was really sweet.

18 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

He's quoting Taylor Swift :evil-eye:

Let's see next year if he'll be quoting blink-182 because no one likes you when you're 23...

(also, is there a song for people who turn 21? asking as a person who turns 21 this summer.)

5 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Let's see next year if he'll be quoting blink-182 because no one likes you when you're 23...

(also, is there a song for people who turn 21? asking as a person who turns 21 this summer.)

Probably not what you want, but this got stuck in my head when I read your comment: 

It's about how 21 is already old in the modeling industry. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived