IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 3: No Hugging, No Kissing till You Make Me Your Wife

VaSportsMom

10 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So are we thinking large family for Carvan, or would too many kids take too much time away from Carvan's pictures?

I think it will depend a lot on how the experience goes for her. If she has an easy pregnancy/birth then she will probably have a couple back to back but I think once it starts to feel hard or stops getting her the attention she wants she might stop. Carlton seems quite selfish but I think in her atmosphere she's needed to be. I wouldnt be surprised if after 3 or 4 kids she truly bucks and goes on birth control. The real threat will be how Evan reacts to it all. 

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will depend a lot on how the experience goes for her.
The real threat will be how Evan reacts to it all. 

*Snip*
I agree. I could see her following Alyssa's lead and at least talking about limiting family size and (maybe) practicing NFP or secretly taking birth control. I would guess it'll come down to which sisters she trusts and what they encourage her to do. I think that Kelly and Gil's influence/control is fading in these women's lives as more of them start their own families.
I could see Evan being fine with limiting family size if it made his life easier. I don't see him taking easily to fatherhood of many children.

I think they’ll have the first one pretty quickly, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s quite a gap to the second, especially if the first one isn’t the easiest of babies.

I actually think Carlin might be a pretty good mother. She seems to enjoy children and coming from a large family she knows what it entails, and I think it’s very much possible that motherhood will make her mature a lot as a person. That being said, ideally she should be mature enough for parenthood BEFORE she has children.

I’m less sure about Evan, mainly because I know less about him and my opinion of him is almost exclusively based on his ridiculous IG pics. Maybe fatherhood will make him grow as well, maybe it won’t. 

For their future children’s sake I hope that CarVan will surprise us as much as Benessa did. I do hope they’ll have better taste in names though, but considering CarVan’s constant need for attention, I wouldn’t be surprised if they came up with something that could even rival Spurgeon.

I could see them having two or three close in age and take a break afterwards. They are just so childish themselves. If they hadn't been brought up in this screwed up belief system and would have had the chance to grow and learn and develop a personality apart from their parents rules, etc. they might not be such a pain in the ass.

God help a child of those two. They are going to want future children to pose perfectly for Instagram pictures and help fulfill their Pinterest dreams. 

I can see them going the full Caitie Newman route with their kids. Perfectly posed photographs on insta. Only less aesthetic. 

25 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I can see them going the full Caitie Newman route with their kids. Perfectly posed photographs on insta. Only less aesthetic. 

Or they will mostly take pictures with the babies. They will look perfect and blue steely while the babies and toddlers look a mess. Kind of like Jill Rod. She posts so many pics with her looking fine and David looking ridiculous. 

Oh of course they'll be Instagram parents, lol. Evan is one of 6, I'm sure they'll have at least that many - I think 8ish, and Carlin will LOVE the attention of being pregnant and glowing. Once they're tired of each others' childish antics, being preg may be the only way Carlin gets attention from her hubs....

I think as a mom, Carlin will be a slightly-better version of Jill Dillard. More involved and maybe more in touch with her kids' needs, but still ridiculously insistent on forcing them into photos/videos whether they like it or not. I hope the CarVan brood all love cheesing for the camera (like Spurgeon Seewald) rather than fear it (like Israel Dillard)...

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-12-16-14-32-11.thumb.png.703b860892324ab03da29a0418b7be86.png

Carlin tagged the photographer they've hired on her Instagram story. Needless to say, if you were wondering which filters they'd select for the wedding pictures you can get a fantastic idea from her Instagram portfolio.

19 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Oh of course they'll be Instagram parents, lol. Evan is one of 6, I'm sure they'll have at least that many - I think 8ish, and Carlin will LOVE the attention of being pregnant and glowing. Once they're tired of each others' childish antics, being preg may be the only way Carlin gets attention from her hubs....

I agree she'll like the attention and the parties. But will Carlin like the other parts of being pregnant? The weight gain, sleep issues, acne, stretch marks? I just can't see it. 

And I really can't see she and Blue Steel (especially the latter) dealing with infant nighttime feedings, colic, spit up, the house a mess, constant diaper changes, and Carlin's changed body. Like others said, maybe it will make them grow up. But for now, I predict it will be really hard for them. 

10 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I agree she'll like the attention and the parties. But will Carlin like the other parts of being pregnant? The weight gain, sleep issues, acne, stretch marks? I just can't see it. 

And I really can't see she and Blue Steel (especially the latter) dealing with infant nighttime feedings, colic, spit up, the house a mess, constant diaper changes, and Carlin's changed body. Like others said, maybe it will make them grow up. But for now, I predict it will be really hard for them. 

I predict they will beg for help wherever they can. They will go back to the Bates home as much as possible so they can get a break. And they will have a sister come over and stay at their house often. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I predict they will beg for help wherever they can. They will go back to the Bates home as much as possible so they can get a break. And they will have a sister come over and stay at their house often

They are going to live in Nashville, isn’t that a 4 hour drive from the Bates? They will have to count on Tori and Evan’s family for help. There are a lot of them so that won’t be much of an issue.

29 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

They are going to live in Nashville, isn’t that a 4 hour drive from the Bates? They will have to count on Tori and Evan’s family for help. There are a lot of them so that won’t be much of an issue.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they drove to the Bates home every other weekend. And take a sister home with them for a week at least once a month. 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they drove to the Bates home every other weekend. And take a sister home with them for a week at least once a month. 

It'll likely be a much younger sister, if that's the case. After all, I think Katie's currently studying at Crown? She's the only unpartnered (as far as we know) adult sister. The next sister is Addallee, who's only 12, with Ellie at 11, and Callie's the youngest daughter at 9. So, I mean, they could go help, since I'm sure they've been handed nieces and nephews on many occasions by now, and would probably be considered ready to help by the Bates daughters.

But I feel bad for them if they get roped into playing long-term care person for their sisters' kids since they're young enough that their primary focus SHOULD still be their education and being a kid (being a Bates notwithstanding). Though who knows who'll be doing the "schoolwork" with them once Carlin moves out and Katie's the only adult daughter left at home (and is at Crown), so I don't know how different that would really be for them.

47 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

It'll likely be a much younger sister, if that's the case. After all, I think Katie's currently studying at Crown? She's the only unpartnered (as far as we know) adult sister. The next sister is Addallee, who's only 12, with Ellie at 11, and Callie's the youngest daughter at 9. So, I mean, they could go help, since I'm sure they've been handed nieces and nephews on many occasions by now, and would probably be considered ready to help by the Bates daughters.

But I feel bad for them if they get roped into playing long-term care person for their sisters' kids since they're young enough that their primary focus SHOULD still be their education and being a kid (being a Bates notwithstanding). Though who knows who'll be doing the "schoolwork" with them once Carlin moves out and Katie's the only adult daughter left at home (and is at Crown), so I don't know how different that would really be for them.

I think Addee will have a lot to do at home once Carlin is married. Katie can’t do it all. So they will probably send Ellie since Callie is too little.

Doesn't Evan have two unmarried adult sisters? I'd guess they could easily be roped in to helpmeet duties until they marry as well. 

If wouldn't shock me if they decided to move closer to her family though. Mostly because I think they want to be in the show, but then Carlin is also able to get support from her family more easily. The show mainly though. 

This is one the shortest skirts I've Tori ever seen in.

Based on her clothes she always seems to be on the more conservative side. Like Michaela and Erin.

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

This is one the shortest skirts I've Tori ever seen in.

Based on her clothes she always seems to be on the more conservative side. Like Michaela and Erin.

It might be because she’s sitting. Sometimes skirts will hike up quite a bit. Especially if they have no stretch to them. It would probably look longer if she stood up. I agree that she usually dresses more like Erin and Michael. Whitney, Alyssa, and Josie seem to dress alike with their jeans and shorter skirts. I think Carlin will dress a bit more like Josie after she’s married. But she might wait slightly longer to put on the jeans. Like maybe a month, lol.

On 12/9/2018 at 7:43 PM, Audrey2 said:

From looking at pictures posted by these two over the years, they seem like frustrated, over the top high school drama students. (I'm not putting down drama departments, but I think every high school has the over the top actor or actress that it must deal with)

Like this?

61mGPU2l-jL._SX466_.jpg

On 12/13/2018 at 8:42 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

You guys do realize that after this extra AF wedding, they will have an extra AF honeymoon, an extra AF pregnancy announcement, an extra AF baby shower, and finally and extra AF birth. 

It will NEVER END with these people. 

If they don't cause a natural disaster with their gender reveal, I will be disappointed. 

On 12/15/2018 at 9:45 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or they will mostly take pictures with the babies. They will look perfect and blue steely while the babies and toddlers look a mess. Kind of like Jill Rod. She posts so many pics with her looking fine and David looking ridiculous. 

Jermajesty, love you but when has J-Rod ever looked good?

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived