Josiah and Lauren Part 10: First Look at the Wedding

Coconut Flan

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Hahahahahahaha

9as0hf5c26e11.jpg

Of course Lauren needed a modesty undershirt. 

@SapphireSlytherin 

Thanks much for your advice! I spent some time today researching tours. I hadn't realized how popular they are nowadays. I found one that has 7 cities. Seriously committing to this trip. Sounds fun & enough to get a taste of what cities/areas to return to.

The Duggars have received an wonderful opportunity to travel abroad. Hope they appreciate it.

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

[...]

Yep, I am NOT a fan of Lauren because I see a different Lauren with the sisters than when being interviewed in the talking heads. I think she is being fake and thinks she is “witnessing” to all us heathens with her Godly, meek example.

I agree with most of what you're saying but I don't think her personality is too far off from Josiah than with his sisters. I do believe it is an act - hopefully not a malicious or calculating one (doubt it but we can never be too sure). Lauren has not been raised Duggar or ARan. So she has to try a little harder. Also she seems to be a cerebral type. She acknowledged that she processes things. It's called survival. If you're not a typical fundie bride but still want success in fundiedom, you best learn the cues around men.

Sad thing is, until recently the same was for the larger population. Intelligent, thinking type women have rarely been valued for that personality more so than for their beauty or what they could contribute to men, children and families. So women would play up the latter attributes.

@luv2laugh totally agree. I see Spain/Portugal as the honeymoon destination for one of the next couples. I do think pretty soon they will need some variation - I was going to suggest Japan but I know they've already filmed there. JD is the best guess to provide that variation, I'm very interested to see where he and Abbie end up going.

It sort of frosts my cookies that they've all gone to so many more places than I've been to, and likely will ever get to go. *Pouts in corner*

Send the next couple to Riyadh; considering the philosophy they espouse and the laws and politicians they campaign for, they'll feel right at home. 

13 hours ago, freethemall said:

I wonder if they're deliberate about not choosing the same countries - "ugh I wanted to go to Italy but since Jessa went I guess we can't". By the time Josie gets married she'll be honeymooning in Lichtenstein, if TLC is still paying for foreign trips.

I can hear Michelle's voice over after naming all her kids and I delivered everyone of them. There 195 Official countries in the world and each one of them was a honeymoon spot for one of my 19 kids and 200 grandchildren.  

Producer: But isn't 19 plus 200 more then 195?

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I can hear Michelle's voice over after naming all her kids and I delivered everyone of them. There 195 Official countries in the world and each one of them was a honeymoon spot for one of my 19 kids and 200 grandchildren.  

Producer: But isn't 19 plus 200 more then 195?

Are cousins allowed to marry in the US?

On 7/23/2018 at 2:52 PM, Nomorethanfour said:

My husband and I married nine months after meeting when I was 18 years old. We are about to celebrate our 26th anniversary. I know I was young, but by 18 years old I had already had waaay more life experience than fundies.

We met in October and moved in together the following August, and we found out we were gonna have our first baby. We got married Valentines day the following year and our babes was born in May. We had lots of comments made and looks thrown because of our time line and ages (I was 22 and he was 31). 7 years and 2 more kids later, I wouldn't change anything. 

But like you also state, I finished my pharmaceutical degree in that time and had more worldly experience. Marrying young/having babies young is fine and I don't even think you need to be married, but it's the way the fundie are sheltered that makes it sad

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Are cousins allowed to marry in the US?

It depends on the state.

First cousins are NOT allowed to marry in Arkansas, no matter what the media/Hollywood/stereotypes might tell you.

Second cousins are allowed to marry in all 50 states. 

Here's a wikipedia link to cousin marriage laws in the USA:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state

And another:  https://www.thespruce.com/cousin-marriage-laws-listed-by-state-2300731

10 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

I found one that has 7 cities. Seriously committing to this trip. Sounds fun & enough to get a taste of what cities/areas to return to.

That sounds divine! If we were "tour people" I would probably jump on that one like a duck on a Junebug. lol

And you're approaching it exactly as I meant - to get a taste of a place and find out which ones you'd want to go back to, to explore further. So which seven cities??? Now I want to live vicariously through you! haha

I have a feeling Abbie and JD will go to England. They can talk about Florence Nightingale as a role model for Abbie and take cutesy pictures in the ferris wheel. 

I wonder why  none have been to Scandinavia. It’s touristy, very safe and beautiful But I agree they will eventually visit everywhere in Europe for the Honeymoons.  I wonder who will get stuck with Andorra ;)

I was watering my grass and I hit me. Lauren gives me the same kind of vibes as Mackenzie, Ryan from teen mom's wife. If ya'll know their story maybe you'd agree. Like she is the puppet master and Josiah is gonna be along for her ride

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It depends on the state.

First cousins are NOT allowed to marry in Arkansas, no matter what the media/Hollywood/stereotypes might tell you.

Second cousins are allowed to marry in all 50 states. 

Here's a wikipedia link to cousin marriage laws in the USA:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state

And another:  https://www.thespruce.com/cousin-marriage-laws-listed-by-state-2300731

So the 3rd generation will have to look for spouses outside of family then. :)

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I wonder why  none have been to Scandinavia. It’s touristy, very safe and beautiful But I agree they will eventually visit everywhere in Europe for the Honeymoons.  I wonder who will get stuck with Andorra ;)

Because we’re all heathens. They should come here for their mission trips. I’d pay to see that. 

21 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I positive that TLC pays for the all of the Duggar honeymoons. I bet they tell them “We can’t feature any Duggars honeymooning at the same place or we will bore viewers. We need to make each Duggar honeymoon in a different country to appear diverse and and accepting of other cultures.” They give them a choice BUT tell them to pick a place where “a sibling has not already been yet”, I bet. 

Jill got the short end of the stick (and honeymooned where Josh & Anna went) before TLC realized many would be married off soon and needed to change up the honeymoons.

Jessa- France

Jinger- Australia

Joy- Switzerland (am I correct?)

JoKen- Greece

SiRen- Austria

I suspect they are only picking countries and activities that don’t feature the HORRIBLE NIKE bikini clad women as a staple.

I bet the next married Duggars will be going to Spain and Italy. 

I’ve actually thought that the Duggars have been avoiding Italy because of the Vatican and it’s history with *the PAGAN* Catholics being persecuted at the Colosseum. 

Lauren to People: “Travel like this reminds me that people everywhere are really the same, even if the culture and some experiences are different.” Nice line straight from Duggar PR, Lauren!

”This trip makes me love people and desire to deliver God’s love and care to people more than ever before.” I told y’all last week that, based on the mini-wedding episode, Lauren is ON A MISSION, guys!!!!! 

I think your theory is spot on but you're forgetting that Jessa and Ben went to Italy. Jinger and Jeremy also went to New Zealand (unfilmed), Joy and Austin were rumored to have started in Colorado and then finished with a mission trip in Israel. I believe they all do at least 2 nights in Hot Springs AK too like the Bates all start in Gatlinburg so they can get started on their quivers before the jet lag sets in.

I thought Jinger and Jeremy cancelled their trip to New Zealand because of the earthquake.

11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I thought Jinger and Jeremy cancelled their trip to New Zealand because of the earthquake.

They did. They only went to Australia. 

Perhaps JD and Abbie want to go to Australia and/or NZ? JD didn't tag along on the family trip, so he hasn't been there, as far as I know. And the weather there should be pretty good in november! 

On 8/4/2018 at 1:39 PM, Dandruff said:

Safari, maybe?

This would be awesome. Definitely a change from what we've been seeing. I wonder if TLC hands them a list of possible places to go based on taping permit zones. They may be limited to Europe or US/Americas at this time.

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

That sounds divine! If we were "tour people" I would probably jump on that one like a duck on a Junebug. lol

And you're approaching it exactly as I meant - to get a taste of a place and find out which ones you'd want to go back to, to explore further. So which seven cities??? Now I want to live vicariously through you! haha

There are 8 cities (London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Innsbruck, Venice, Lucerne, and Paris). I am excited. An agent is supposed to contact me next week. At that point I can get further information on hotels and tour time frames. 

17 hours ago, Ilovebrownies said:

They seem so uncomfortable with each other.  

They don’t KNOW each other.

How long did they court? I don’t see the show, only follow them here, but it seems to me this was ‘all of a sudden’.

I'd actually like to see an American honeymoon. There are so many absolutely gorgeous, amazing, and interesting places in the U.S.! And the whole, "Aw shucks, those silly cute little small town folk Duggars go to another country and run into extremely minor and mostly unfunny issues with the language/culture/food, herp derp" shtick was old like three honeymoons ago.

38 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

They don’t KNOW each other.

How long did they court? I don’t see the show, only follow them here, but it seems to me this was ‘all of a sudden’.

The bulk of their pre-courtship was long distance.

I still can't get over the fact that these families move closer to the Duggars if a marriage is imminent. The entire family. First Seewalds now Swansons. That is crazy, but realistic I guess. Wow. Duggars must be powerful in their corner of fundieville.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived