IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But why would JD be close friends with Zack and not Josh? The families have known one another since Josh and Zack were very young. I believe around 7 maybe? Josh and Zack have more in common. They are both the oldest of 19. They are close in age. Yet JD is good friends with him. Speculation alert: it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Zack never liked Josh much. 

They have "known" each other but as they said the first time the Bates' were on the show--they hadn't seen each other in years. Mostly knew "of" each other thru ATI/IBLP. I don't think either really would have known how to be a "best" friend at that age. It wasn't allowed or encouraged. I don't see, though, why they couldn't have been--they grew up the same way. We assign a lot of the "character" we see in all of these people--we don't truly "know" them. We just see what is presented. I think Josh, John and Zack all had too much responsibility, all went without as much food as they needed/wanted at that age, and all were probably as horny as any 15 year old anywhere! Both Zack and Josh were relentlessly told they must be a "leader" as the firstborn. I think Zack, too, had to go to work too young. Josh was forced to work on the house (later John, too) and Zack first learned window-washing and then tree work with his dad. Nothing wrong with "learning' but full-time work at 14 or 15? I doubt any of these boys will make their sons do that! I wonder if they will allow their kids to have personal friends.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/27/2018 at 10:06 AM, Alice in Fundieland said:

I get the impression that JD shrugs off a lot of the Duggar hang-ups. IMO it isn’t an intentional rebellion, just that he doesn’t see the point of so many rules and restrictions. He just seems like a no-nonsense kind of guy and it is endearing. At least this is the way he is presented on Counting On. I realize his actual personality could be quite different from the image cultivated by television producers.

This!  If you remember when Counting On was first aired and some of Josh's siblings reacted to his assholery, JD was very affected and was emotional while talking about it all. I think that Josh's behavior in  some ways, did wake JD up to how fucked up it is that these kids blindly followed their parents without their own convictions. I wish it was more and he would hightail it out of there, but hopefully it is process and him and his curly haired nurse can make a complete break one day. 

7 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Because there are so many forbidden things you can do while driving ... :pb_rollseyes:

There’s always road head 

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

They have "known" each other but as they said the first time the Bates' were on the show--they hadn't seen each other in years. Mostly knew "of" each other thru ATI/IBLP. I don't think either really would have known how to be a "best" friend at that age. It wasn't allowed or encouraged. I don't see, though, why they couldn't have been--they grew up the same way. We assign a lot of the "character" we see in all of these people--we don't truly "know" them. We just see what is presented. I think Josh, John and Zack all had too much responsibility, all went without as much food as they needed/wanted at that age, and all were probably as horny as any 15 year old anywhere! Both Zack and Josh were relentlessly told they must be a "leader" as the firstborn. I think Zack, too, had to go to work too young. Josh was forced to work on the house (later John, too) and Zack first learned window-washing and then tree work with his dad. Nothing wrong with "learning' but full-time work at 14 or 15? I doubt any of these boys will make their sons do that! I wonder if they will allow their kids to have personal friends.

Jana and Michael both had huge amounts of responsibility yet they are still good friends. 

9 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

^This - Especially in the case of say, Michael and Brandon. It’s unfair to bring them up. But they are the ones publicly struggling with infertility and QF. And Michael is quite outwardly modest. Brandon is not the smoothest. It’s very difficult picturing them jumping through ALL the initial fundie sex obstacles 0-100 we discuss and then going into all the science stuff AND staying intimate/having good sexy times.

I truly hope they are. I hope this process is not overtaking them and they are learning together and growing. 

I hope she has true friends that aren’t her mom and sisters.

My husband and I didn't have sex before our wedding night and we are dealing with infertility. We had each had sex prior to our relationship (although, just one time for me), so we weren't anywhere close to Michael & Brandon. But physical intimacy was probably still the hardest part of our marriage early on and we had a lot of insecurity wrapped up in it. It's actually why we waited starting to try until we did (almost 2.5 years into marriage), because we wanted to have a better sex life before adding the pressure.

But no matter how good your communication around sex and quality of your physical intimacy, infertility does a number on it. We actually took this month off treatment because the pressure was getting to us. I don't think I can describe what it feels like month after month to try and get yourself in the mood again during crucial times. IUI in the morning and sex in the evening is the worst. I was never shy with my husband about my cycles before we started trying, but you pretty quickly get to a point of 100% communication about it. My husband knows more about ovulation than most of my girl friends! Men struggle with infertility too, and I'm sure Brandon is fully up-to-speed on things. There is even about a 40% chance that their infertility has a male-factor component, so he might even be the one being treated.

The process does overtake you. It's impossible to go through infertility without times of being overwhelmed and despairing. And it's really hard to do that in light of Christian faith too. I have to deal with people's insensitive "prayers" for us all the time. Just the other day my cousin sent me a fb message about how God has a plan, if only the waiting weren't so hard. Bitch, you had a baby 40 weeks after we started trying to conceive and that happened even with your tubes tied!

And the jealousy is real, guys. It's all-encompassing sometimes. I have had someone pregnant in my church small group the entire time I've been trying. My church only has about 70 people and at least four couples are expecting right now. But I know Michael has more pregnant bellies around her than I can ever imagine. I do not envy her that. But I do envy her Illinois health insurance! Assuming they aren't on medshare or something (big assumption), insurance in IL is required to cover infertility treatments. She could even do something like NaPro, since they probably wouldn't do IVF. 

5 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Nothing wrong with "learning' but full-time work at 14 or 15? I doubt any of these boys will make their sons do that! I wonder if they will allow their kids to have personal friends.

I think Michael Cera, in one of  the recent episodes, talked about how he can't wait to have a bunch of kids to help out at Fort Rock and house-flipping, which is weird.

21 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I think she is probably happy not getting knocked up on a regular basis in case she marries someone who doesn't believe in birth control.  (by the way, how could a couple discuss this topic if they are never left along with each other and BOOB and ME monitor calls and texts?) 

That's always been MY question about all of this. How do you get to know the REAL person when you're always in front of someone else? You can't really talk about YOU when you've got your parent or a sibling monitoring every conversation, email, letter.

I must say I'm surprised at how quickly JD jumped on the Instagram bandwagon. He definitely strikes me as the more private type, ala JoKen.

17 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I must say I'm surprised at how quickly JD jumped on the Instagram bandwagon. He definitely strikes me as the more private type, ala JoKen.

I doubt he will post a lot. Maybe Abbie will do most of it. 

New post! They are a little too close! Leave room for the Holy Spirit!

B3758871-9567-435A-B4E2-FB384AD78D12.png

9 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

There’s always road head 

I guess. But is that really where you go after not being allowed to even hold hands? That sounds like a car accident waiting to happen ...

Now I’m imagining the scandal that would have been. :pearlclutching:

9 hours ago, theotherelise said:

My husband and I didn't have sex before our wedding night and we are dealing with infertility. We had each had sex prior to our relationship (although, just one time for me), so we weren't anywhere close to Michael & Brandon. But physical intimacy was probably still the hardest part of our marriage early on and we had a lot of insecurity wrapped up in it. It's actually why we waited starting to try until we did (almost 2.5 years into marriage), because we wanted to have a better sex life before adding the pressure.

But no matter how good your communication around sex and quality of your physical intimacy, infertility does a number on it. We actually took this month off treatment because the pressure was getting to us. I don't think I can describe what it feels like month after month to try and get yourself in the mood again during crucial times. IUI in the morning and sex in the evening is the worst. I was never shy with my husband about my cycles before we started trying, but you pretty quickly get to a point of 100% communication about it. My husband knows more about ovulation than most of my girl friends! Men struggle with infertility too, and I'm sure Brandon is fully up-to-speed on things. There is even about a 40% chance that their infertility has a male-factor component, so he might even be the one being treated.

The process does overtake you. It's impossible to go through infertility without times of being overwhelmed and despairing. And it's really hard to do that in light of Christian faith too. I have to deal with people's insensitive "prayers" for us all the time. Just the other day my cousin sent me a fb message about how God has a plan, if only the waiting weren't so hard. Bitch, you had a baby 40 weeks after we started trying to conceive and that happened even with your tubes tied!

And the jealousy is real, guys. It's all-encompassing sometimes. I have had someone pregnant in my church small group the entire time I've been trying. My church only has about 70 people and at least four couples are expecting right now. But I know Michael has more pregnant bellies around her than I can ever imagine. I do not envy her that. But I do envy her Illinois health insurance! Assuming they aren't on medshare or something (big assumption), insurance in IL is required to cover infertility treatments. She could even do something like NaPro, since they probably wouldn't do IVF. 

I’m so sorry you are going through that. It sucks. It sucks so much!

During our five years of trying we had three nephews/nieces (one a ”surprise” that they told us about right after we found out our fifth IVF had failed). Among other relatives, friends and colleauges dozens of children were born. I once made a list of them all but my husband made me throw it away. 

It was really hard for Mr Way too, maybe even harder then for me, and in the end we started avoiding people so we didn’t have to talk about kids and pregnancies. 

And it’s not that you’re not happy for all of them, it’s just that it hurts you in places you didn’t know you had. We did hate the friends that told us how hard it had been for them when it took them six months to concive and how happy they were they had finally made it a little though. 

After 3,5 years of trying, first naturally, then with medication and then four unsuccesful IVF:s we took a six month break from everything, treatments, work, our whole lives. We travelled and only had sex when we actually wanted to. We were very lucky to be able to do that and it was what we needed to continue fighting. Because it is a fight.

So after five years of trying, five failed IVF:s and one misscarriage, after pills, examinations, shots and even an operation, Miniway was suddenly concived naturally. And once he was here it was all worth it. I will not pray, since I don’t believe, but I wish with all of my heart that you will get that moment too. :my_heart:

Stay strong and love eachother. 

JD wanted to be a commercial Pilot and JB and Michelle told him no due to lack of time with family, I’m hoping he goes for his dream and Abbie encourages it. It is possible for both to work and have a family...

If anyone's ever been on OkCupid, you'll recognize one of the questions they (used to?) ask for matching purposes: "Would it bother you, even a little bit, to find out that the pilot of your plane to Europe was a woman?"

I feel like this question could be rephrased: "Would it bother you, even a little bit, to find out that the pilot of your plane to Europe was a Duggar?"

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

If anyone's ever been on OkCupid, you'll recognize one of the questions they (used to?) ask for matching purposes: "Would it bother you, even a little bit, to find out that the pilot of your plane to Europe was a woman?"

I feel like this question could be rephrased: "Would it bother you, even a little bit, to find out that the pilot of your plane to Europe was a Duggar?"

I had a female pilot when I was a kid and she was wicked cool. As we were boarding she invited the girls on the flight to check out the cockpit. I think she or the airline were trying to spark an interest in flying in us. I had no interest, but it was still cool to see where the Pilots sit.

John David has a commercial pilot license.  What he doesn't have is the certification for any airliners.  He can, however, take passengers for hire in the aircraft that he has certification to fly.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Umm does she have a black eye.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Haven’t posted on here for awhile and I come back to this! 

John David looks happier than I think I’ve ever seen him, wow what a difference. Abbie is cute, and obviously a smart and hard worker, getting some kind of licensing and training. Good for them both! 

I know, I know, shame about the cult and all that. Aside from all the other awful bullshit he and his family believe in, just glad for him is all, he looks truly happy. 

4 hours ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I bet there is a lot of push from the parentels to be out there for the papers and public to keep themselves relevant. Although JD looks happy with her, it is too coincidental that he is all of a sudden that he is in a courtship right when the show is about to restart and they have nothing going on but babies. I bet they were hoping he would be good enough for a rating boost since fans have been waiting on him and Jana. I bet JD likes her and he seems like a good guy, but I wonder if he is so happy that a woman is finally interested in him that he is in love with finally not being alone. My sister dated a guy who had never dated a girl, and it suprisely never worked out bc it seemed like he wanted to be in any relationship at that point.

So p*ckles posted a candid pic of John and Abbie at a store. According to her source they were unchaperoned and it looked like he grabbed her ass. I can believe the unchaperoned part (kinda) but not the ass grab part lmao. He probably touched her lower back and the source saw an opportunity. 

I do hope they aren’t chaperoned, They’re 28 and 26 for fucks sakes, they don’t need a 12 year old following them around

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So p*ckles posted a candid pic of John and Abbie at a store. According to her source they were unchaperoned and it looked like he grabbed her ass. I can believe the unchaperoned part (kinda) but not the ass grab part lmao. He probably touched her lower back and the source saw an opportunity. 

I do hope they aren’t chaperoned, They’re 28 and 26 for fucks sakes, they don’t need a 12 year old following them around

Pickles is a dumbass and I don't trust a word she says, but that'd be hilarious if it was true. I only hope that if he's foregoing the normal courtship rules they'd just come out and say it.

I’ve been away a while (part of the downside of having exceptional kids is that I’m constantly doing *something* and don’t have a life of my own), but has to come back to discuss JD.

I hope that if Abbie wants to keep working after getting married and having kids, she gets that choice.  If she wants to stop working, I’m okay with it as long as it’s her choice.

And is it just me, or all the Duggar brothers, with the exception of Smuggar, nearly indistinguishable?  The sisters got all the genetic variation.

42 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

I’ve been away a while (part of the downside of having exceptional kids is that I’m constantly doing *something* and don’t have a life of my own), but has to come back to discuss JD.

I hope that if Abbie wants to keep working after getting married and having kids, she gets that choice.  If she wants to stop working, I’m okay with it as long as it’s her choice.

And is it just me, or all the Duggar brothers, with the exception of Smuggar, nearly indistinguishable?  The sisters got all the genetic variation.

I think Jeremiah looks different than the rest. Jed looks cuter than the rest but I think thats because he hasn't lost his hair... yet.

45 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Their hairlines are all very similar but I can pretty easily tell them apart. Especially some of the younger ones. Jackson, Justin and Si are very light in comparison to the other brothers. Jeremiah has a pretty different face and hair (curly) compared to some of the others. But I guess Joe and John have a few similar features. 

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

If it's true, I honestly can't say I'm all that surprised.  Considering the countless times both he and Jana have demonstrated they are trustworthy, to not trust them with their significant other is even more insulting to them than the other kidults.  I don't think even Boob could justify making JD have a chaperone with him at Wal-mart when he regularly gives him (and Jana) the responsibility of keeping everything going while he and Meechelle traipse around the country telling their 3 stories over and over.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived