IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

I'm willing to bet that there are many guys who'd snap Jana up in a heartbeat.   

I think she is probably happy not getting knocked up on a regular basis in case she marries someone who doesn't believe in birth control.  (by the way, how could a couple discuss this topic if they are never left along with each other and BOOB and ME monitor calls and texts?) 

And I'm sure she has concerns about anyone else would remember to put out paper plates with pretzels so that the howlers will have something to eat.   

I think Jana would be snapped up quickly if she wanted to be as well

The second part, no idea.

The howlers are starting to have wives for that.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Sometimes it's hard to get thoughts across and punctuation right when restricted to a cell phone. Thanks.

It's not hard - it just takes more effort.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's not hard - it just takes more effort.

No, it is hard as I keep losing service or have a very weak signal. Sometimes parts of posts disappear while submitting. On top of that my cell is old, I need a new one.  Now I need cheese to go with my whine.

13 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Jeremy was 28 and Jinger almost 23 when they were courting and they used chaperones. Ridiculous or not JD and Abbie probably have to have chaperones too. As for JD being a more involved parent than typical male fundies, we shall see about that. This is the same guy who said he still lives at home for the convenience of his sisters doing his laundry.

That always rubbed me wrong, too. Even if he is not allowed to leave and I don't think he is, he could still choose to do his own dam laundry. He's twenty eight fucking years old! Jana and Jinger looked pretty stone faced. I don't get the sense it was a family joke. 

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I do see what you're saying, but I maintain that knee-jerk reactions in general (whether they come in the form of "blech, women wearing pants, those godless sluts" or "blech, women popping out crotchfruit, those unenlightened breeders") are perhaps not the most helpful for opening dialogue.  

I really do agree with you on this one, and I actually just recently expressed my distaste for the term 'crotchfruit' here, but to be fair to the OP, unless there was some kind of major edit that I didn't notice, they didn't say anything remotely like that. Just 'great, more fundies breeding'. I can totally understand that coming across as a knee-jerky/somewhat offensive statement (most due to the word 'breeding', I think), but I do understand (and agree to a point) with the sentiment behind it. 

8 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Just a general FYI, "bachelor to the rapture" is a Christian saying and not something John David made up.

I feel like you just told me that there's no Santa. 

5 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Kelly said JD was a big part of Zach healing from his broken first courtship and that JD and Zach were berries.

Yes, JD and Andy Leftwich (Zach’s Best Man) we’re both credited by Kelly as really helping Zach heal after Sarah ended their courtship. She also acknowledged that Whitney played a role in that as well. 

3 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I'm willing to bet that there are many guys who'd snap Jana up in a heartbeat.   

I think she is probably happy not getting knocked up on a regular basis in case she marries someone who doesn't believe in birth control.  (by the way, how could a couple discuss this topic if they are never left along with each other and BOOB and ME monitor calls and texts?) 

And I'm sure she has concerns about anyone else would remember to put out paper plates with pretzels so that the howlers will have something to eat.   

I’m fairly certain that they’ve mentioned the couples do get chances for private conversations. I think Benessa mentioned that they were allowed somewhat private phone calls. And I’m pretty sure the couples are eventually allowed to talk alone in person so long as they stay well within eyesight. The Bateses were shown to do something similar - Kelly and Gil allowed Michael and Brandon to walk a bit ahead of them on a date in one episode so the two could have a bit of privacy to talk.

It’s not much, but better than nothing.

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think Benessa mentioned that they were allowed somewhat private phone calls.

My memory says they snuck around for private phone calls. Who knows? lol

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My memory says they snuck around for private phone calls. Who knows? lol

Here we go:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-rules-facetime-161338.amp

Jessa stated that they started a tradition of calling each other before bed each night when they started courting. She says the calls were unchaperoned and private. Jill also said she and Derick got private calls, FaceTime, and Skype after they were engaged as well. 

I highly doubt their parents didn’t know about this. I think it’s possible there was someone else in the room, but not necessarily within direct sight or anything. I’d guess that they’d be less concerned considering the couple isn’t physically in the same location.

Didn't Jinjer make the drive from Arkansas to Laredo alone when they were engaged? I think the chaperone may have been driving a separate car with the rest of Jinger's stuff?

37 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

Didn't Jinjer make the drive from Arkansas to Laredo alone when they were engaged? I think the chaperone may have been driving a separate car with the rest of Jinger's stuff?

There was definitely a howler along for that ride! 

15 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

There was definitely a howler along for that ride! 

Yep one of the boys jammed in the back of the car with her gear all over him. 

Okay I must have missed that. I just remembered Jinjer in the front seat of one car and then another howler driving a different one.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But why would JD be close friends with Zack and not Josh? The families have known one another since Josh and Zack were very young. I believe around 7 maybe? Josh and Zack have more in common. They are both the oldest of 19. They are close in age. Yet JD is good friends with him. Speculation alert: it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Zack never liked Josh much. 

Im speculating right there with you and I dont think Zach is dumb, probably had Josh pegged from the start (and I seem to remember Josh being a bigger pig, if that is even possible). Zach reminds me of JD. Originally i figured the Bates knew and Josh was kept with the adults for the safety of other kids but then i remembered who we are talking about... the same parents who sent their teenage daughters off with BG #nope

I am curious about how these pretty intimate/suggestive but necessary conversations go when you have these crazy purity rules. And probably general discomfort talking about sex or even bodily functions after years being raised to connect that with sin. Like there's a big difference between monthly ovulation tests, and trying to conceive during every fertile window (gross-  circling it on the calendar like JB and M), and deliberate child spacing by not having sex during that time in the cycle. There's a gulf between the beliefs underlying quiverfull vs. thinking NFP (even or non-hormonal birth control) is ok. But how do you have those conversations when even hugging is too much? Is there a pastor praying with you and having a serious talk about the 'importance of children' and then encouraging you each to share your thoughts on what god has "convicted" you of? Ps that's my favorite Duggarism.

^This - Especially in the case of say, Michael and Brandon. It’s unfair to bring them up. But they are the ones publicly struggling with infertility and QF. And Michael is quite outwardly modest. Brandon is not the smoothest. It’s very difficult picturing them jumping through ALL the initial fundie sex obstacles 0-100 we discuss and then going into all the science stuff AND staying intimate/having good sexy times.

I truly hope they are. I hope this process is not overtaking them and they are learning together and growing. 

I hope she has true friends that aren’t her mom and sisters.

3 hours ago, kiwi said:

Because there are so many forbidden things you can do while driving ... :pb_rollseyes:

8 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

I think Jana would be snapped up quickly if she wanted to be as well

I'd snap up Jana if she wanted me, and I'm a straight married woman :D

46 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

I'd snap up Jana if she wanted me, and I'm a straight married woman :D

agreed! To be fair I am bi, (but in a happy committed LTR), and Jana is a dream wife. Beautiful, practical, complex and a vegetable-grower. Free Jana. 

I never expected JD to date anyone as long as the cameras were rolling, to be honest. Maybe he realized fame isn't going away soon, or maybe he doesn't mind the attention after all. 

I'm glad he's marrying someone his age and not another starry eyed teenager! That would have been creepy, honestly. 

I try to not get my hopes up too much because I fear he and Abbie are just as fundie as the rest of the bunch. But who knows? At least they won't have 20 children. I have to admit that the older the woman is the happier I am, because that means less children born into this horrible cult. 

6 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

^This - Especially in the case of say, Michael and Brandon. It’s unfair to bring them up. But they are the ones publicly struggling with infertility and QF. And Michael is quite outwardly modest. Brandon is not the smoothest. It’s very difficult picturing them jumping through ALL the initial fundie sex obstacles 0-100 we discuss and then going into all the science stuff AND staying intimate/having good sexy times.

I truly hope they are. I hope this process is not overtaking them and they are learning together and growing. 

I hope she has true friends that aren’t her mom and sisters.

It must be horrible for them both, for any couple, it must be hard but in this cult such high value is placed on how many children you can have. They seem to be enjoying being together but for Michael to see all her sister's have babies so easily, apart from Erin in the beginning, it must hurt her. 

6 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

It must be horrible for them both, for any couple, it must be hard but in this cult such high value is placed on how many children you can have. They seem to be enjoying being together but for Michael to see all her sister's have babies so easily, apart from Erin in the beginning, it must hurt her. 

I can’t speak for Michael but as a woman whose sister had two kids while we were trying, one of them just two days before my misscarriage I can say that it is horrible. You’re sad, angry, hurt, jealous, and then you feel guilty for having all those other feelings. 

But not once during those five years of shit, that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, did I have to wonder why God, who I had belived in, loved and served since I was born, was doing this to me. She must be so confused. I feel for her. 

1 minute ago, Iamtheway said:

I can’t speak for Michael but as a woman whose sister had two kids while we were trying, one of them just two days before my misscarriage I can say that it is horrible. You’re sad, angry, hurt, jealous, and then you feel guilty for having all those other feelings. 

But not once during those five years of shit, that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, did I have to wonder why God, who I had belived in, loved and served since I was born, was doing this to me. She must be so confused. I feel for her. 

Definitely, while she loves all her niece's and nephew's it must break her heart not being able to have a child of her own. Sorry you went through that too.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived