IGNORED

Kendra, Joe and Garrett Duggar, Part 10

Jellybean

My kiddos were July and August babies in the Midwest, I was always told to dress them the same as I would? If I was comfortable they would be too. Depends on what their AC is set at too, ours stays between 76-78 which is warm enough for single layers. Temps over 75F don't warrant more than that even with newborns. Some like the swaddling though which is why I mentioned the muslin instead.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think either of them look particularly young in these photos. They just look like "new moms" to me.

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

My kiddos were July and August babies in the Midwest, I was always told to dress them the same as I would? If I was comfortable they would be too. Depends on what their AC is set at too, ours stays between 76-78 which is warm enough for single layers. Temps over 75F don't warrant more than that even with newborns. Some like the swaddling though which is why I mentioned the muslin instead.

The recommendations I’ve heard is to dress infants and young babies in one layer more than you’d wear. They’re inside in the AC, so I’d assume that recommendation would be pretty appropriate in that case. 

(I have an 18 month old, so that recommendation is pretty recent.)

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

My daughter was born two days after Garrett, we're in Florida, and I tend to keep her fairly bundled like that indoors. The A.C. can definitely be chilly for a newborn.

The A.C. in Florida can definitely be chilly for this fully grown adult woman :pb_lol:

I think most people in Europe live without A/C. I haven’t seen it in private houses in the south either so that might be reason for the confusion. I know that A/C is way more common in the USA but I still forget about it. So seeing a naked baby and one in a warm blanket and hat confused me (even though one is obviously a newborn).

3 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

UGH 78 degrees? That sounds miserable, I only know 1 other person who keep their house this warm, everyone else I know keeps it around 72.  I'm in the midwest as well. 

5 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

UGH 78 degrees? That sounds miserable, I only know 1 other person who keep their house this warm, everyone else I know keeps it around 72.  I'm in the midwest as well. 

72 is far too cold as far as I'm concerned.  I hate going into overly air-conditioned places, especially when it's a very pleasant 78-79 degrees out, it's finally nice weather after four months of winter, and then you're forced to go inside and be cold again.  Please let me have at least a few months out of the year when I can forget the feeling of being too cold. Having to carry around a sweater (and sometimes even a blanket to cover my legs) inside in the summer is ridiculous. 

That said, I don't have A/C at home and most people I know in New York don't, so at least I only have to deal with it in public places.  Like the subway.  Which is often a wintry 68 degrees and feels like death when you're just trying to wear a cute sundress. 

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Barring any fertility issues, I see Joe and Kendra by far having the most kids. Kendra comes from a double digit sibling family and her mom is young enough to not be done yet. I’d bank on second largest brood of kids being Si & Lauren since Lauren has 10? sibs and her mom just had a new baby. Kendra and Lauren are also teenagers too so they have just a little over 20 years of fertility. 

Kendra is one of 7, while Lauren is one of 9

I do think Kendra and Lauren will end up with more kids than their parents though

I've currently predicted 18 kids for Joe and Kendra, including two sets of twins. Wow!

Source: my imagination

We'll have to see how the next couple births go (and of course, even five or eight or ten easy births are no guarantee that the next one will be), but if Kendra keeps having relatively small babies and complication-free natural deliveries, and she and Joe continue to be pleased as punch with their happy little fundie life, I think they could easily have 12 or more.

Another big question mark right now is how quickly she'll get pregnant again. Anna's established something of a pattern, and luckily for her it amounts to about two years between each kid. If Kendra's more like Michelle, yikes. Then again, some of it will depend on whether Joe and Kendra actively try for babies or actually 'leave it up to God'. I'm very certain that Michelle was actively trying to get pregnant much of the time. That can make an enormous difference. When you've got little kids and babies it can be incredibly easy to just miss that fertile window every month and go 1-2 years, sometimes even longer, without getting pregnant again even if you're not preventing. But if you're actively trying, that changes everything.

The reason that these folks will most likely NOT have 12+ kids is because of the money needed to support such. For many years, the Duggars have been used to a higher standard of living than most other fundie families, and how long can their "pot of gold/easy money Teveeee show" continue supplying that easy money? How many will willingly  accept going back to eating rice only meals or scarfing food in the bathroom? How many will have a laundry fairy?  

Has it ever been said how 18 YO JB and 17 YO M afforded their own home and cars when they first married? I'm betting Mary Duggar helped them out. JB is going to need to grow his assets to support all these families. 

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Barring any fertility issues, I see Joe and Kendra by far having the most kids. Kendra comes from a double digit sibling family and her mom is young enough to not be done yet. I’d bank on second largest brood of kids being Si & Lauren since Lauren has 10? sibs and her mom just had a new baby. Kendra and Lauren are also teenagers too so they have just a little over 20 years of fertility. 

isn't Kendra the eldest of 7? 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

isn't Kendra the eldest of 7? 

She's the oldest of seven. According to the article on the Fundamentalists Wiki, which seems accurate based on my memory, her younger siblings are Lauren, Micah, Nathan, Timothy, Olivia and Jesiah.

Oh, and Christina Caldwell was born in 1980 and is already a grandmother. Yep, I think I'm done with fundamentalism for today. :pb_confused:

4 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

My guess is their AC is much cooler than 78 degrees. 

My husband complains bitterly when the house is warmer than 22C (72F). Overnight we usually turn it down to 19C (66F).  And the outdoor temp here rarely goes above 90F (unless you count the humidex)

Kendra looks great! I can't believe she had Garrett 10 days ago. I don't look that good and I only have two cats. 

I may just be lazy! 

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Oh, and Christina Caldwell was born in 1980 and is already a grandmother. Yep, I think I'm done with fundamentalism for today. :pb_confused:

That's crazy!! Like, I get how some people do become grandparents at a young age, but so many wonen are just having their first child at 38!

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I keep mine at 78*... I'm in south Texas, so it's more for the sake of my electric bill than for comfort, lol... I could comfortably go cooler... When we're in a motel or something, and can control the a/c, I turn it all the way down and enjoy freezing my butt off, lol

One of my second/third/removed cousins (I don’t keep up with them) was a grandma at 32.  They’re not fundie, they’re just... interesting. 

Kendra "only" has six siblings but there seems to be a large gap between her sister Lauren and the next one. Maybe her parents became quiverful later and that's why there's not more kids. Anyway, pattern will be established after the next 3 or 4.:pb_lol:

26 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Kendra "only" has six siblings but there seems to be a large gap between her sister Lauren and the next one. Maybe her parents became quiverful later and that's why there's not more kids. Anyway, pattern will be established after the next 3 or 4.:pb_lol:

well from dates their marriage may have been a shot gun wedding so I can see the first two coming fast and then they wonder what the hell they got themselves into and how they ended up there. :laughing-rofl:

16 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

well from dates their marriage may have been a shot gun wedding so I can see the first two coming fast and then they wonder what the hell they got themselves into and how they ended up there. :laughing-rofl:

It seems she was pregnant when they got married, but they had been together for a few years by that point. I think it's fairly likely that they only became quiverfull a few years into their marriage. A lot of these families have a similar story (the Maxwells, for example).

Edit: Actually, to be fair, I'm not 100% sure the Caldwells are quiverfull (though it's a fairly safe bet, I think). Since their youngest isn't that old, and Christina is only in her late 30s, it will be interesting to see if they have any more. For some reason I feel like this is it for them (in which case they're probably not actually quiverfull) but it's just a gut feeling. Look at Lauren's mum - she just had a baby a few months ago. Lauren could easily be having babies at the same time as her mother. Same could be true for Kendra. Anyone recall how old Jesiah is?

Yeah the 76-78 is to stop my electric bill from being like $400 a month. It's enough to pull the humidity out of the air and feel nice when you walk in from it being 93 outside (as it is currently here!)  I know most businesses in FL keep their AC between 68-73, in which case a light blanket on a baby would be about right. I dunno, being "that" bundled up in the house just looks hot to me! 

Grandmother age: I was 38 when my first grandchild was born. I kept getting called "her sister" in the hospital. 

Heat...it's a "nice" day in the desert today, the high temp hasn't hit triple digits. By the end of the week we're looking at highs of 110-115F (over 44C). Our A/C is set for 76-78F (25C). We usually have very low humidity, The upside of the lack of humidity is that the shade is definitely cooler than the sun. The downside is the "cooler" is still hotter than hell on the really hot days. 

Current weather: Bring in my planters because there's a frost warning. :562479528aee8_32(4):

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived