IGNORED

John Shrader 16: Flying Away in That No-Engine Plane

Jellybean

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John is throwing a mission conference for men only. 

Oooh, how exciting.  This isn't the same conference we mocked back in June; it's a brand new one.  I wonder who the guest speaker is because Evangelist Ted Alexander isn't due until May 2019.

I don't think he banned wives (and all women) in his original plan for the 2019 Conference.  Perhaps when we asked if we could attend that one he decided to ban women from all conferences.

As to who will go:  Bros. Boyd, Humphrey, David, Scribner, the chief from the Western Province that John thinks he has in his pocket, and poor Bro Theophil (if he's still around and hasn't fled back to Canada) ...

17 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Often we are isolated,
Especially if Separated in Doctrine are we
And even lack close friendships,
With other missionaries

Bro. John Shrader
Historic Unaffiliated Biblical Separated in Doctrine Baptist Missionary
Zambia

Based on his poem, he probably needs to add even more words to his signature block.  It's too bad his Jesus is so darn picky about doctrine that missionaries don't interact.  

I don't know why John keeps adding words to his siggy to show how extra-special he is.  He's invented his own religion, which doesn't have anything to do with Christ's teachings as far as I can see. 

He should cut to the chase and simply call it the "Church of Shrader."  You know,  the church where people pray to Rick, the Father; John, the Son; and the Holy Colloidal Silver Machine. 

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

the church where people pray to Rick, the Genius Father;

Just need to add one more word in the Church of Shrader description...

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I wonder who the guest speaker is because Evangelist Ted Alexander isn't due until May 2019.

Apparently this is the May one, he is just starting early trying to get people to attend. No one has shared his posts on the subject. He has made a new one saying it is for pastors. 

Attention Zambian Independent Baptist Pastors! Your Response Needed!!!

First Annual "Thy Word Is Truth" Conference will be held this coming May at:

Truth Biblical Baptist Church 
Kafue, Zambia

Date: May 6-9, 2019

This time John is

Missionary and current pastor of Truth Biblical Baptist church, Kafue Zambia
Bro. John "Kapolo" Shrader

On 11/6/2018 at 10:37 PM, formergothardite said:

Apparently this is the May one, he is just starting early trying to get people to attend. No one has shared his posts on the subject. He has made a new one saying it is for pastors. 

This time John is

Thanks.  So the same conference.  That is boring.  Can we all say in unison:  "Desperation, thy name is John Shrader."

He's definitely spinning in the wind and grasping for attention.

However desperate he is, I really don't think John will throw himself in the path of a bullet to get attention away from the Kescos.  He cares too much for his own sorry hide for that.

However, the cynic in me says that John, a Shraderling, or Esther will soon suffer from something life-threatening and urgent.  I hope it isn't real because I will be doubting his account of the "crisis".

I will be generous and say 8 men will attend. 

But I secretly think it will be delayed and then quietly cancelled. 

Anyone else want to make a prediction? Also anyone else anxiously avoiding all election coverage today until it’s over ?

On 11/5/2018 at 11:38 PM, Palimpsest said:

That said, @subsaharanafrica is right.  It is possible to live and raise children in "yellow zones" without being irresponsible.  I also assume she (or rather husband) is working with a company that has the where-with-all to get one or all of them out in an emergency, have adequate medical insurance, and are registered with and would obey orders from the Embassy or Consulate to get out if things turned pear-shaped.  

Yes to all of this except in emergencies we are more reliant on the company than the embassy. They’ve got a better track record (and fewer people to look out for) than the State Department plus they’re the reason we’re here and they’re the ones contractually obligated to cover flying us out in case of emergency (medical or otherwise), pay for repatriation of remains, etc. etc. 

ETA: If they’ve raised $98k I’d imagine she’ll be fine. We’ve had a couple friends die over the course of our tenure and repatriation of uncremated remains is somewhere in the neighborhood of $20k. 

2 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

ETA: If they’ve raised $98k I’d imagine she’ll be fine. We’ve had a couple friends die over the course of our tenure and repatriation of uncremated remains is somewhere in the neighborhood of $20k. 

For fun and procrastination I looked up the cost of one way flights from Yaounde to Kansas City (I have no idea where this family is from, just went for central USA.) It's a lot cheaper than I thought - about $1000 per person over 2 years old. (Also shorter flight than I thought, only 27 hours with a couple of stops.) So around $28,000 to get them all home, which isn't bad.

My prediction: John will be home, feet firmly planted on Katy soil before May '19. 

Daddy G Shrader wants to retire. If he isn't at the lectern of the church every Sunday whipping up the older original sending Sheeple, the funds will dry up. Also if the original congregation are ages with Daddy G shrader they will have grandchildren beginning to arrive. Their money will be quite rightly diverted to their own families. 

7 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

My prediction: John will be home, feet firmly planted on Katy soil before May '19. 

Daddy G Shrader wants to retire. If he isn't at the lectern of the church every Sunday whipping up the older original sending Sheeple, the funds will dry up. Also if the original congregation are ages with Daddy G shrader they will have grandchildren beginning to arrive. Their money will be quite rightly diverted to their own families. 

Oh, I really hope so! I suspect he will be a lot more...interesting...when he's expected to work and living in the U.S.

13 minutes ago, Inky said:

I suspect he will be a lot more...interesting...when he's expected to work and living in the U.S.

He was pretty fascinating when he was forced to work here in America. :laughing-jumpingpurple: He whined non-stop about everything. We got great posts where he bragged about his children shouting "thief" at the mall Santa because he was trying to steal Christmas from Jesus. 

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

He was pretty fascinating when he was forced to work here in America. :laughing-jumpingpurple: He whined non-stop about everything. We got great posts where he bragged about his children shouting "thief" at the mall Santa because he was trying to steal Christmas from Jesus. 

Oh man! That was before my time following him. Now i have something to really look forward to.

59 minutes ago, Inky said:

Oh man! That was before my time following him. Now i have something to really look forward to.

Here are some of the posts he wrote back when he had to work. 

asks for prayer, work not going so hot. Appreciate it. The music they play...obstinato, as almost every form of modern music is

"christian" music. 'Bout to drive me insane

J God is giving me chances to speak for Him...that's a blessing. Just not selling many cars

But John has always managed to find people who will give him money. I'm not sure if it will be as easy if he fails as a missionary, though. 

Someone paid off all our debt (3,500.00), paid for our babies birth (midwife, 3,000.00), and some of my amazing relatives are going together to buy our family a 16-17 k 15 passenger van with only 30 or 40 k miles...practically brand new! We've never had anything that new in our lives! I am so overwhelmed by all that so many have done to bless our family as we seek to serve God by seeing this baby church established here in the Northwest.

And here is there original blog. They didn't blog much and he didn't last long as the pastor before he started getting the "calling" to go to Zambia. They started off at this church only living in an old hunting travel trailer that someone let them use. No pictures of it have seemed to have been saved. John is living really well off in Zambia compared to what his life was like here. 

s://web.archive.org/web/20110208083248/http://theshraders.com/

On 11/7/2018 at 3:41 AM, Ozlsn said:

For fun and procrastination I looked up the cost of one way flights from Yaounde to Kansas City (I have no idea where this family is from, just went for central USA.) It's a lot cheaper than I thought - about $1000 per person over 2 years old. (Also shorter flight than I thought, only 27 hours with a couple of stops.) So around $28,000 to get them all home, which isn't bad.

Close.  The Wescos are from Indiana.  https://www.redpathfruthfuneralhome.com/notices/Charles-Wesco

The Wesco Deputation Grift blog seems to have taken down (or I can't find it again, I swear it was up a few days ago) but it wasn't that different from Shrader or Rea's trajectories.  One misscation survey trip by Charles and the two oldest sons only.  Then they heeded the Macedonian call to go to a country they knew nothing about to convert the wrong sort of Christians.  'Cos Jebus.  The hubris of it all.

Yes, that is what the people of Cameroon really needed:  a pastor's son, assistant pastor of some podunk US church, holder of an online non-accredited college degree in Bible studies, and a part-time piano tuner to "give up his life for them."  Somehow I doubt they are grateful.

ETA -  Oops found the blog:  http://www.cameroon4god.com/ 

It's been wiped.  Looks like it was temporarily taken down to get rid of evidence of stupidity, ignorance, and arrogance.

I am sorry for the family - but FFS.

And the widow and children are on the way back.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/trust-the-lord-s-will-wesco-family-returns-to-michiana/article_dbf13018-b11f-5134-8b13-17df658ba15d.html

The U.S. Embassy in Cameroon has for some time warned Americans against traveling to the country’s restive regions, where violence has escalated and hundreds have been killed in the fighting between separatists and soldiers. Most foreign and local enterprises have left the areas.

State Department spokesman Robert Palladino said it appears that Wesco was “caught in crossfire” while traveling in a car. Palladino noted that Wesco’s death “occurred in the midst of the Anglophone crisis,” violence that began after the government clamped down on English-speaking teachers and lawyers protesting what they called their marginalization by Cameroon’s French-speaking majority.

Regional Gov. Deben Tchoffo said Tuesday that Wesco was wounded as armed groups attempted to stop the reopening of the University of Bamenda and the military fought back.

Looks like an ignorant and bull-headed foreigner caught in cross-fire not a  hero "targeted" as a martyr for his Christian faith.

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Looks like it was temporarily taken down to get rid of evidence of stupidity, ignorance, and arrogance.

Yes it does. It was very much a John Shrader situation complete with them wanting some troopie like vehicle. The last post made was showing that they could cram tons of people into a van. 

23 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And the widow and children are on the way back.

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/local/trust-the-lord-s-will-wesco-family-returns-to-michiana/article_dbf13018-b11f-5134-8b13-17df658ba15d.html

Looks like an ignorant and bull-headed foreigner caught in cross-fire not a  hero "targeted" as a martyr for his Christian faith.

From the article:  foreign workers rely on the government to keep them safe.   Thought they relied on the Lord.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:01 AM, Palimpsest said:

Do you know your missionaries,

Thanks for the earworm, John.

Spoiler

Or, if you prefer:

Spoiler

Maybe I can shift it over to Dionne Warwick, if I try:

Spoiler

On 11/8/2018 at 8:20 AM, Palimpsest said:

State Department spokesman Robert Palladino said it appears that Wesco was “caught in crossfire” while traveling in a car. Palladino noted that Wesco’s death “occurred in the midst of the Anglophone crisis,” violence that began after the government clamped down on English-speaking teachers and lawyers protesting what they called their marginalization by Cameroon’s French-speaking majority.

Obviously no one deserves to die for this but it seems that they not only ignored all warnings to travel there but also decided to be in one of the most violent areas of the nation just because that area is mostly made up of the English-speaking minority. They could have learned some French and then really learned on their feet once they got there but they were lazy and clearly wanted to live this 'African missionary' dream without doing the hard yards like learning to speak another language even if it's mediocre and tough for them.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:03 AM, Palimpsest said:

it wasn't that different from Shrader or Rea's trajectories.  One misscation survey trip by Charles and the two oldest sons only.  Then they heeded the Macedonian call to go to a country they knew nothing about to convert the wrong sort of Christians.  'Cos Jebus.  The hubris of it all.

Hubris about describes it. Again if it was just him I'd be fine with it. He wants to do something unwise and endanger only himself then no problem. If he'd done lots of research (as in talking to long term residents, setting up connections, finding out as much about local conditions and customs as possible, doing a crash language course so he at least had the basics to get by) and planning before bringing his family over, again, no problems. It's the lack of any listening to people with knowledge and the Great White Saviour mentality that annoys me, particularly coupled with dragging a heap of dependents around the world so he can essentially cosplay. I mean if the actual goal was to gain converts to the "right" Christianity it'd be a lot more effective and cheaper to sponsor a local pastor firstly for education locally or in the US and then supporting the church to get on its' feet. 

Is it wrong that I kind of want Zambians to start sending missionaries to Texas?

On 11/7/2018 at 6:59 PM, formergothardite said:

"christian" music. 'Bout to drive me insane

When I'm driving back from southeast to central Texas, there's a dead spot where neither of the NPR stations (Corpus Christi or Austin) come through.  At that general end of the FM dial, I can get at least one station with Christian programming, which I listen to briefly for the WTAF content (Tony Perkins, anyone? "I was beaten by my parents and turned out OK, so don't be afraid to beat your kids!"), which I would rather listen to than the Christian popular music station.  This music sounds the same with the exact same production values and it drives me nuts. I sometimes recognize it before even clearly hearing the lyrics. 

I'm not often driving in that area during the lunch hour, but there's also a station that plays polka music from 12 to 1 on weekdays, with birthday dedications!  Thumbs up!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived