IGNORED

Turpins 4: 2 Monsters, 13 Victims and Now an Interview!

Coconut Flan

On 2/26/2019 at 10:59 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Shaving his head would be a good start.

I thought the same thing!I was going to predict or hope for a buzz cut.A lot of male prisoners seem to get their heads shaved,not all of them,though.

Dylann Roof had the same hairstyle all through his trial.Since he is on death row (much deserved) in a Federal Prison in Indiana,I have not seen a recent photo of him and his hairstyle.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

That’s my understanding. The children have the option to make impact statements at the hearing. Perhaps some will choose to do so, although it was reported that this plea deal was reached in part to allow the children to avoid testifying at trial.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I am listening to the Turpin sentencing - and being sick to my stomach.  They read the victim letters "I love my parents.  They only chained us because they were worried we would get too much caffeine, but they had to buy soda so daddy didn't fall asleep on the job."   ""I know they love us and I love them and they were just overwhelmed."  "What you did to us was hard, but it made me strong, so thank you."  "We went on vacation every year and they ordered us food every other week, and sometimes every week."   Oh and of course, "Jesus". 

How many of our fundie kids can get out when these kids think  " sure, chaining us up was for our own good! Jesus!"  

I'm just ill and so   I don't know what.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 42
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

Turpins were sentenced to life in prison.  While I celebrate this sentence, the horrors they inflicted on their children will forever damage their children's lives.  I hope  they never get to see their children again.

They're horrible people who should never have had any children.

ETA a statement from David.

"I thank God for all of my children," David Turpin's statement read, adding that he is sorry "if I've done anything to cause them harm."

Fuck you, I hope you and Louise spend your prison time in misery.  

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 18
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

The children probably thought their statements would make their parents look better in the judge’s eyes but it just made them look worse. Those children have been so deeply abused and brainwashed that they are still making excuses for their parents’ abuse. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 23
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those children have been so deeply abused and brainwashed that they are still making excuses for their parents’ abuse. 

I'm no expert in psychology, but in my experience, they may end up very angry with their parents, if and when they fully realize how badly their parents abused them.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

Just now, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm no expert in psychology, but in my experience, they may end up very angry with their parents, if and when they fully realize how badly their parents abused them.

It’s likely they will all go through the stages of grief and loss at different rates and different ways. Some might take many years while others may seem quicker. I just hope they all have access to therapy for many years to come. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 5

45 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

When is the soonest these two can get out - 25 years?

correct - hopefully they are denied parole until they die in custody 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
more words
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Dear god, the damage done to those kids. 

Their parents bought them food every other week, sometimes even every week - Hoorah! They wanted to protect them from caffeine so they were chained, such good, if overwhelmed parents. They went on vacation every year, glory be!

Every single aspect of their existence has been f*cked beyond humanity by their parents. I hope they have life long, really good, solid counselors and support. They're going to need it. If left to their own devices, they will be wide open to be taken advantage of and abused again and again with future relationships of every kind. 

My heart bleeds for them. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 18

Hearing the statement's from the children were heart breaking, their grown up son talking about how great it was to learn to ride a bike last year, most people learn to do that by the time they are five or six. The daughter saying that their parents didn't realise they were malnourished and that they got pizza and Mexican food most weeks, shows how brainwashed they were. They could have put the children back in school, when it got to much and if they were taking soda without permission their are other options like puting it in a locked cabinet or other methods of discipline. David and Louise are truly evil and I hope they are never released.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 14

I used to have a constant battle with my kids taking my Diet Pepsi when they were younger and I wanted to limit their caffeinated drinks. So I started buying them caffeine free Diet Coke as an occasional treat and switched to Pepsi cans instead of bottles so it wasn’t so easily pilfered. As a sane human being it never crossed my mind that the answer was to chain them to their beds.

• Upvote 37
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

@lilith, I recently caught my 10 year old getting into a sugar bowl and trying to sneak honey. (We definitely have candy and cookies in our lives, so it isn't that she never gets dessert.) I put the sugar bowl and the squeeze bottle of honey in a different spot. It also never occurred to me to chain my child to a bed! :my_angry:

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, lilith said:

I used to have a constant battle with my kids taking my Diet Pepsi when they were younger and I wanted to limit their caffeinated drinks. So I started buying them caffeine free Diet Coke as an occasional treat and switched to Pepsi cans instead of bottles so it wasn’t so easily pilfered. As a sane human being it never crossed my mind that the answer was to chain them to their beds.

When my parents done their weekly shop they rarely bought any fizzy drinks for us, we got blackcurrant or orange fruit squash. They did buy us bottles of cola or Irn bru sometimes from the ice cream van or chip shop and would give us a glass of it. They knew sweets, chocolate and crisps when bought in bulk would have gotten eaten quickly and hid some of it but never threatened us for eating it.

• Upvote 8

We handled "having stuff you don't want the kids to eat" simply. Certain things were stashed in the back of the pantry, or in the outside fridge or the top of the fridge (kids couldn't see up there). It never would have occurred to me to chain up my children (ok, I did use a leash w/the youngest because he was a rip-roaring pain the ass to keep next to me) but beyond that, nope.

Admittedly I've made jokes over the years about my kids, like using #2 son to beat #1 son to death so they'd stop fighting, or telling them to go play in the traffic or other goofy shit like that...but...never in my life would I have thought of chaining them. I freaked when grandson would go in the dog crate...thinking I'd be picked up for child abuse when the kid would go in there with the dog all on his own and latch the door. 

• Upvote 13

If you are that concerned about caffeine and sugar, then lock your pop up like you lock your liquor up. That’s even pretty extreme for your average family. But it’s better than locking your children up. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Or keep the soda in your desk at work or in your car .... these 2 people are monsters... 

Growing up my mom sometimes bought soda to have on hand, we knew we had to have permission to have it an it was rare the request was granted. you know how my mom "trained" us not to have soda? Told us no, a lot.

Overall, my mom didn't have stuff in the house we all couldn't have. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

In all honesty, Mr. Briefly was more of a threat to any soda or snacks that we bought than the Briefly daughter was.  I had to hide cookies in the back of the pantry so that they would last, half went into the cookie jar and half were hidden.  I finally just got tired of it and told him in no uncertain terms that he was an adult and had better act like it, because I had one child and it was a redhead girl!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

My parents were pop addicts so there was always a lot of it in the house. We weren’t supposed to drink it but we still “snuck it.” My siblings also snuck my parents’ cigarettes here and there. It’s hard to tell when just one cigarette or just one can of pop goes missing. If my parents wanted us to stay away all that bad, they could have locked their shit up. But they didn’t. So we snuck some. I don’t drink pop, smoke or drink alcohol. I’ve found it’s a great way to keep my kids away from it. The only stuff I have to hide from them right now is Easter candy. Then they can gorge themselves on Sunday. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you are that concerned about caffeine and sugar, then lock your pop up like you lock your liquor up. That’s even pretty extreme for your average family. But it’s better than locking your children up. 

It seems he needed his caffeine at work. So, there is no excuse to have a ton of it at home. And, that doesn't even fucking matter. No excuses.  How about the filth?  What was that for?  My god, those poor children. They are so severely abused. The older ones ( in their 20's even) are going to have an especially hard time over coming the mindset these monsters put on them.  My heart is heavy and broken over the treatment of these children.  Damage that can't be overcome. Their " parents " are pure evil. How dare the "dad" say he loves them. 

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/2019/04/19/turpin-case-children-speak-out-parents-sentenced-life-prison/3523410002/

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Wonder what sort of prison(s) they'll be doing their time in.  I expect that some are more unpleasant than others...

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder what sort of prison(s) they'll be doing their time in.  I expect that some are more unpleasant than others...

Yeah I’m sure their imprisonment will be much more humane than the children’s. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

6 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Dear god, the damage done to those kids. 

Their parents bought them food every other week, sometimes even every week - Hoorah! They wanted to protect them from caffeine so they were chained, such good, if overwhelmed parents. They went on vacation every year, glory be!

Every single aspect of their existence has been f*cked beyond humanity by their parents. I hope they have life long, really good, solid counselors and support. They're going to need it. If left to their own devices, they will be wide open to be taken advantage of and abused again and again with future relationships of every kind. 

My heart bleeds for them. 

I fear what will happen if they have kids of there own

• Sad 3

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Turpins 4: 2 Monsters, 13 Victims and Now an Interview!