IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

@Palimpsest, thanks for taking one for the team: that seems like a particularly dry "Seriously" edition. Bath time? Fingernail clipping? Egads! What's next? Ass-wiping?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

@Palimpsest, thanks for taking one for the team: that seems like a particularly dry "Seriously" edition. Bath time? Fingernail clipping? Egads! What's next? Ass-wiping?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Steve allowed only a certain number of squares of TP to be used for each wipe. He probably makes them all use single ply, too. None of that "comfort" stuff going on. Got to keep your hands away from that area, and only touch it when absolutely necessary. And I'd be willing to bet he's banned tampons from his house, too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

I hate the term "littles" to refer to children with the fire of a million suns. 

I’m with you on this.  Little is not a noun; it’s an adjective.  I also dislike “little ones.”  Children or kids are perfectly fine words, and a good thesaurus will help you find synonyms when necessary. 

And I noticed the incorrect apostrophe usage as quickly as @Palimpsest did. The Maxwells suck badly at punctuation, and it drives me batty. 

• Upvote 9

Ummmm.....he’s changing  a fucking light bulb!  How many Steves does it take to change a lightbulb?  Only one but that lightbulb has to really really want to change.  Then we must post it and save the act for ever so real men have a Godly example.  

Spoiler

1AD20BD8-828F-4562-A819-B3A696809DF6.jpeg.e32dbdbccabccfad58093d72a8fb20c1.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

I really do not understand why Steve thinks this crap is stuff wives shouldn't read. He goes over the same topics over and over again, and they aren't any different than what's in their books. Which they encourage both moms and dads to read! There's no material there that is fundamentally different than they put everywhere in their materials!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I really do not understand why Steve thinks this crap is stuff wives shouldn't read. He goes over the same topics over and over again, and they aren't any different than what's in their books. Which they encourage both moms and dads to read! There's no material there that is fundamentally different than they put everywhere in their materials!

Maybe there’s a code?  Like if you read every second letter of every third word except those beginning in A it spells out a secret squirrel message about private guy stuff.

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Ummmm.....he’s changing  a fucking light bulb!  How many Steves does it take to change a lightbulb?  Only one but that lightbulb has to really really want to change.  Then we must post it and save the act for ever so real men have a Godly example.  

Reveal hidden contents

Right?!  I cane home from work yesterday, started dinner, threw in a load of towels, and fed the critters before I had chance to take off my boob prison.

where is my blog post?  Compared to a Maxwell I’m the queen of productivity.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

On 2/10/2019 at 8:07 AM, PennySycamore said:

Oh, Steve is probably telling tales alright, but the building codes might just be pretty lax as well.  I thought that building codes required GFCI switches/outlets to be used in kitchens and bathrooms (within 6 feet of a water source), but I stopped at a motel near Atlanta a few years ago and there were no GFCI switches in the bathroom.  There's also a non GFCI switch in my daughter's downstairs powder room in the house that they bought several years ago.  Both these happened within the past five years.  As Mike Holmes says, build better than code.  

Definitely not defending anything Maxwell, but my understanding of GFCI code is that there are two ways to comply -- one way is to have a GFCI outlet as mentioned, the other is to have a regular outlet connect to a GFCI *breaker*.  In that latter case, one can't tell by looking at the outlet whether it's GFCI or not -- you'd have to look at the breaker box to see.

NB I'm only referring to outlets -- I can't speak to switches as I didn't know GFCI rules apply to switches.

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

34 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Definitely not defending anything Maxwell, but my understanding of GFCI code is that there are two ways to comply -- one way is to have a GFCI outlet as mentioned, the other is to have a regular outlet connect to a GFCI *breaker*.  In that latter case, one can't tell by looking at the outlet whether it's GFCI or not -- you'd have to look at the breaker box to see.

NB I'm only referring to outlets -- I can't speak to switches as I didn't know GFCI rules apply to switches.

My husband found the same thing. One of our bathrooms doesn’t have one.  He believed it should. We had a professional electrician come in for something else and while other stuff in the house was messed up, the electrician said above.  All was okay. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, anjulibai said:

He thinks that a wife might read about how a husband is supposed to act and compare her "better half" unfavorably  to the ideal one Steve describes.  (And we all know Steve is writing about himself!). 

The sheer arrogance of that man.  Or, the sheer delusion.

• Upvote 15

15 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Hide contents

1AD20BD8-828F-4562-A819-B3A696809DF6.jpeg.e32dbdbccabccfad58093d72a8fb20c1.jpeg

My concern is with the lightbulb. Did it know where it was going when it died ?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

Steve is an ass.   John is just one sassy moment away from moving to Be be near Chelsey’s family.

With regard to Steve running hosnhpuse lime a business:  Steve, there is an emergency meeting being of the board of directors on whether or not to terminate your employment contract.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

This sounds risky y'all, and its probably because I am a flighty woman, but I change lightbulbs WITHOUT wearing a tool belt. Actually, I change lightbulbs with NO TOOLS at all. And often, I don't even schedule this activity beforehand.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

Just now, HereticHick said:

This sounds risky y'all, and its probably because I am a flighty woman, but I change lightbulbs WITHOUT wearing a tool belt. Actually, I change lightbulbs with NO TOOLS at all. And often, I don't even schedule this activity beforehand.

And this is what happens when women make decisions without following the orders of her headship.

Anarchy!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

The first outlet in a circuit needs to be a GFCI. Any other outlets on that circuit can be non-GFCI. The one GFCI outlet will trip and cut power to the entire  circuit if there's a ground fault anywhere else on that line.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And, I'll bet that for you, it isn't even news.  You probably don't blog about how blessed you were to have light again and post a dozen selfies showing the entire process!

For me, this morning, my coffee maker malfunctioned.  It suddenly leaked the water all over my counter.  I simply took a towel to the countertop to clean it up.  No fuss, no schedule, no tool belt, and no blog post with a dozen photos.  Sorry to disappoint, fellow snarklings!  :my_smile:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

And, I'll bet that for you, it isn't even news.  You probably don't blog about how blessed you were to have light again and post a dozen selfies showing the entire process!

For me, this morning, my coffee maker malfunctioned.  It suddenly leaked the water all over my counter.  I simply took a towel to the countertop to clean it up.  No fuss, no schedule, no tool belt, and no blog post with a dozen photos.  Sorry to disappoint, fellow snarklings!  :my_smile:

I hath added you to my prayer list, the devil hath been interfering with your coffee maker. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

On 2/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, HereticHick said:

My outside lights need an allen key to access the bulbs...I still don't use a tool belt or a schedule <rebellious>

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

On 2/14/2019 at 1:41 PM, catlady said:

Little is not a noun; it’s an adjective.  I also dislike “little ones.”  Children or kids are perfectly fine words, and a good thesaurus will help you find synonyms when necessary. 

The only word I really dislike referring to children is kiddo. I had a manger refer to me using this word, and I was older than her! Couldn't stand the woman, and the word is now tainted. Some people don't like kid because they say that is a young goat, but meh. Almost any term Stevehovah uses would be irritating because he is irritating.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 2/14/2019 at 8:36 PM, anjulibai said:

Because it's Sooper Secret Man Readings No Girls Allowed. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

I think I absorbed the skill of research from my parents. If you don’t know how to do something, look it up. I liked reading Consumer Reports. They always analyzed something fun in addition to whatever home appliance was on the cover. And then my grandparents taught me about quality matters. Also, be nice to all the customer service people and tip them

I picked up cooking, gardening, animal husbandry, computers, swimming.

Neither was good at teaching. If I didn’t take to it (driving, math, locks) it didn’t go well.

It could have gone better. I think I got good parts of both parental brains. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Steve's latest Seriously talks of the country being founded on religious freedom and blah, blah, blah. 

Of course, in his mind, that means HIS kind of religion, not anyone elses. 

In 2019 the accusation has changed, but the concept lives. Today you could be called  “intolerant” if you gently speak out against what God calls wrong. Each must choose who you will align with. There is no middle ground. “Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind” (Romans 14:5b). 

His own mind, according to Steve, is Steve's mind. And all those who think like him are persecuted because other human beings dare to grasp the concept of religious freedom for themselves. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Coward Steve I doubt Arnold would appreciate being part of your Seriously emails who BTW along with Ellie are the only Maxwells I like.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

"Each must choose who you will align with." 

You know with whom I'm aligning, Steve? People who use proper fucking grammar, that's who.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

How is someone supposed to respond when you have the comments turned off? Do you want them to email you? Do you really care? 42390B6D-14AF-4516-9560-ADDC57342412.thumb.jpeg.7a1d5736b4acd71b08192b1216daa953.jpeg

also why isn’t there a 3. Both 1 and 2? 

Arent we supposed to come to god like children? And letting kids be kids doesn’t mean we aren’t preparing them for life. Life can be fun. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic