IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 8

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

*Unpaid staff. 

B-b-but it's great experience! Because prospective employers will be so impressed that you have experience in cleaning Doug Phillips' toilets and braiding Virginia Hope's hair! 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@acheronbeach, yep—much of Iceland may LOOk like an isolated alien landscape, but it’s totes obvs that Tool & Co didn’t go far beyond the beaten path.

It's the end of the trail for Justice...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnZY600gIo6/?taken-by=thejusticephillips

Hey everybody,
Sorry for the long silence. A little over a month ago I ended my hike of the Continental Divide Trail at the Wyoming border. This was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made but also one of the ones that felt the most right. After a lot of thought I decided that it was better for me to come home and spend time with family and friends as well as heal from a pretty severe sprained ankle I received while in NM. The trail will always be there for me whenever I need it, but for now I need to focus on spending time working on the relationships that mean the most to me.

The 3+ months I spent on trail this year were everything I expected and a little more. New Mexico surprised me with how beautiful the mesas could be as well as hot and unforgiving. I’ve spent a little time in CO before this hike but I’ve never been able to really take my time and enjoy everything that state has to offer.

For the last month I’ve put over 3500 miles on my motorcycle trying to readjust to cyclized life while visiting friends and family. I haven’t taken the time to post anything recently since telling y’all I wasn’t hiking anymore felt like the last nail in the coffin telling me my time on the CDT this year was over. I’ll try and post more stories and photos from my time on trail when I can.

Judging from her Instagram stories, he's been with Kelcie pretty much the whole time.

Oh, JFC, Beall. If you’d ever had to navigate life as a divorced, employed mom—like so many of us here—you’d have collapsed in a juddering heap long ago.  

And your carryings-on about TURNING 50 OMFG get on my last nerve. I’m almost 66 and barely notice my age. I feel as if you go in about it so much because DPIARBT is out after fresh young meat and you feel the need “protest too much” about your “newfound independence” as a woman of a certain age.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:38 PM, AnnaSofia said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnY2eRqAaXx/?taken-by=myfirstyearat50

You've made 11 months feel like a fucking decade. Congrats!

My God, talk about dragging out the "OMG I'm 50" suffering.   I get she's having a difficult time but it's more over losing her VF status and her loser husband prancing about doing whatever that's the problem (and pretending that she's still happily married to the idiot) not her age.

18 hours ago, Hane said:

Oh, JFC, Beall. If you’d ever had to navigate life as a divorced, employed mom—like so many of us here—you’d have collapsed in a juddering heap long ago.  

And your carryings-on about TURNING 50 OMFG get on my last nerve. I’m almost 66 and barely notice my age. I feel as if you go in about it so much because DPIARBT is out after fresh young meat and you feel the need “protest too much” about your “newfound independence” as a woman of a certain age.

Right?? At least act like you have some dignity, especially on a public platform that your kids see (or will one day).  This isn't modeling healthy views on aging to her daughters either.  

I assume Beall's blog is for her friends. I think it's something she writes out of simple loneliness.   She's spent a lot of time in exile in Colorado, away from close friends, plus her community of VF "friends" and any social life and social standing evaporated during the implosion.  I know, I know, she's still raising kids and they are company, but it's not like the good company of long-time adult friends. 

I have some sympathy here. I lived in southwestern Colorado for a good while and have never lived in a place where it was harder to make friends and be part of a community and in fact it never really happened for me; it just wasn't like the friendliness of Texans.  

Anyway, maybe we'll hear a long tell-all about it all some day, but I doubt it.  We won't hear from Lisa Pennington or Erika Shupe, or others who have had a mid-course correction of some type, whose insights would be fascinating.  

In a reflective mood today; my snark meter is pegged to zero. However, I still want to know where his Dougness is hanging out.  

On 9/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, Hane said:

Also, living for the “50?! YOU are 50?! Why goodness me you don’t look it!  Wow wow, THIS is what 50 looks like!!! Loveliness, youthful you!”

Nope. Girlfriend needs to condition that hair and stop bleaching the daylights out of it. 

JMHO, of course, in my SIXTIES!!!!!!

@MamaJunebug, as our friends on “What Not to Wear” used to say, “Never style yourself to try to compete with younger women: you’ll always lose.” 

Anyone else notice that she seems to have ditched the #growingoldwithyou hashtag?

I’ve noticed she’s no longer #growingoldwithyou.
One hopes it’s not #50withnomarketableskillsandamissingheadship.
Seems a bit long for a hashtag.
(Oh Beall, FFS, put down the toner and back away. That color just washes you out.)

13 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Also, living for the “50?! YOU are 50?! Why goodness me you don’t look it!  Wow wow, THIS is what 50 looks like!!! Loveliness, youthful you!”

Nope. Girlfriend needs to condition that hair and stop bleaching the daylights out of it. 

JMHO, of course, in my SIXTIES!!!!!!

The hair color is natural, and I'm a bit jealous of that. Mine is the plain old grey, or "salt and pepper", which can't even leave the impression that I'm bleaching or highlighting it. I'll likely not ever have that snow white hair. But, and I'm hesitant to say this because I hate the "you shouldn't do this after age..." I think she would look better with a shorter cut and style rather than pulling it back from her face like she's 6. 

Post on Instagram: 

Spoiler

My family sends goofy photos of ourselves to each other throughout the day. My son and I sent this one from the grocery store to my husband last night. Just a little reminder that we love each other and are always thinking about each other. Pretty much sums up what the next four weeks will be... ordinary mundane routines punctuated by reminders of love.

Note that this boy is growing up with an absent dad. 

"Just little reminders throughout the day to let my husband know that he still has a wife and three minor children somewhere."

Does that Calendar say, as I think it does, "My Amazing Life."  Moar Cellos Please.

That Baby Jane Blonde, is not Beall's natural hair color.  She is a medium brown/brunette.

Rightly said about the boy(s) with the absentee father. What was that maudlin book DPIARBT wrote "The Little Boy Down the Lane" or some such about how important being a present father was.

I am with those here who are disgusted with the charade. Call it what it is and give those last 3 or 4 kids a piece of yourself. Agree that the blog is chiefly for her friends/sycophants but it certainly is overkill on the 50, 50, 50 and travels in Motel 6's etc. 

The Cheatball Express does seem pretty quiet these days.  Guess we'll hear something around Veterans Day.

15 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

The Cheatball Express does seem pretty quiet these days.  Guess we'll hear something around Veterans Day.

As the WW II vets depart this life, Cheatball Express is moving on to the Korean & Vietnam vets. So, they probably need time to scope out all the grifting opportunities in those communities before ramping it up to a major IG feature. 

Questions: Will they start dressing in 50s & 60s attire once they fine-tune the grifting for the Korean War & Vietnam vets? Will they then be moving onto vets of the various Mideast wars or will that be too problematic, what with all the women who have served in those conflicts? Their idea of military service seems to be "men at war, women at home."

58 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

As the WW II vets depart this life, Cheatball Express is moving on to the Korean & Vietnam vets. So, they probably need time to scope out all the grifting opportunities in those communities before ramping it up to a major IG feature. 

Questions: Will they start dressing in 50s & 60s attire once they fine-tune the grifting for the Korean War & Vietnam vets? Will they then be moving onto vets of the various Mideast wars or will that be too problematic, what with all the women who have served in those conflicts? Their idea of military service seems to be "men at war, women at home."

Honestly, I knew very few Viet vets who will want to hear them warble Grace Slick, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, stuff like that, and be fawned over for their “heroism.”  Most of us, sadly, treatedby ignoring them at least or by being spiteful at worst. You don’t hear VN combat vets recounting their battles and there’s a reason for that. (We lost.  Miserably. A war we shouldn’t have been in, to begin with.) 

Also, how will the Ballers dress? In long straight hair, miniskirts & go-go boots?  It was tacky then & it’s tacky now. Think Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver except for the curly wig. 

Not just for their own survival but so that my generation of combat vets can spend their last years in dignity, I hope & pray they quit now and find another way to make a living, or — if they run out of plasma to sell — that they stop with the gents & ladies who served in wartime Korea.  

On 9/3/2018 at 2:45 PM, Howl said:

Alas, Beall, the perpetual grass widow.  

I had to google this term, as I hadn’t encountered it before. I’m glad I did because it showed me a rather wonderful thing:

There is a plant called Olsymium Douglasii, which is more commonly known as Douglas’ grass widow. I really hope that’s true and not a rogue Wikipedia entry, because it literally made my day!

20 hours ago, Jellybean said:

There is a plant called Olsymium Douglasii, which is more commonly known as Douglas’ grass widow. I really hope that’s true and not a rogue Wikipedia entry, because it literally made my day!

I hear it grows wildly as a prevalent ground cover in Belgium/France...and always near burlesque theaters.

September!  The wattle is starting to bloom and some days aren't cold!

On 9/1/2018 at 11:54 PM, Howl said:

I had to refresh my self and put this into context.  AnnaSophia's post from the Old Blogs We Mourn Thee thread puts it all together: 

Wow I didn't know that Norm Wakefield had a connection to DPIAT.  I encountered him last year as he was speaking at a homeschool conference my family attended and of course my parents bought more of his talks and books.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:05 PM, CyborgKin said:

Wow I didn't know that Norm Wakefield had a connection to DPIAT.  I encountered him last year as he was speaking at a homeschool conference my family attended and of course my parents bought more of his talks and books.

Alysa Wakefield-Welch’s husband Robert  ( perhaps soon to be ex-husband) was DPIAT’s very first assistant, an illustrious role later taken up by Peter Bradrick.  She wrote that even then Tool was a prick ( I’m paraphrasing). It’s crazy how there is this “six degree’s of separation” going on between all these people.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

It’s crazy how there is this “six degree’s of separation” going on between all these people.

Six degrees?  Not really.  Norm Wakefield, Richard "Little Bear" Wheeler, and DPIART all started a church together -- or at the very least, their churches were all "sister churches" in the same small area.  Either way, there was a definite relationship between them.  It is my understanding that the whole community of churches co-mingled to some extent.

As for Doug's Personal Assistant, let's not forget Mr. Bob Renaud.  Bob was immediately before BRADRICK!, present at the infamous confrontation and seemed to be the longest running of the Personal Assistants.  Wish I knew more about Bob.  He's from St. Louis (there's a tie in there but I've never quite been able to follow it -- seem to have to do with the Peter Zes family)

DWT... could you please elaborate?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived