IGNORED

Lori Alexander 42: Biblically A Bitch, Now Dressed Up In White Privilege

laPapessaGiovanna

1 minute ago, delphinium65 said:

My inability to see those posts led me to the discovery that she had indeed completely blocked me, and I could not see her post until I asked a friend to find out if she could see it, and she showed me what's going on.  I'm loving the comments!  

That's so weird. She banned me from her page but I can still see her. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These comments on the reply to Matt Walsh are giving me life. 

But really I see this as her way of getting her name out there more. I noticed her following if going up again. Kinda makes me a little queasy thinking off all the people who might agree with her 

4 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Perhaps it could have been because Alyssa spent the first couple years of her life NOT home with Lori. Lori was working when she was little so maybe being with grandma and not home with her allowed her to develop some personality. Grandma probably didn't beat her into obedience. She also got to go to school for most of her formative years and pursue a passion. The way Lori treats her adult children is really just awful. I honestly don't think she actually loves them. I don't think Lori is capable of such an emotion honestly. 

I also seem to recall that she was able to leave and travel with a group of dancers during her teen years (but please correct me if I'm wrong!), which gave her not just distance but also access to plenty of other positive mentors. That said, she does talk fairly openly about her many battles with body image, food, etc., and it's tough to think that at least some of that might have started at her mother's knee. 

As a mom, I'm hyper aware every time I fail my kids. I cannot imagine blasting out those same bad choices and holding them up as models for others to emulate. No, no, no. 

29 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

These comments on the reply to Matt Walsh are giving me life. 

But really I see this as her way of getting her name out there more. I noticed her following if going up again. Kinda makes me a little queasy thinking off all the people who might agree with her 

Sadly the majority of Walsh's followers I'll agree with her. He has some extremely hateful people who follow him. One "Christian" guy over there once told me my husband had a vagina since he believed in equality in our marriage and willing consent in sex

5 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Simply put: She's the ultimate upper middle class privileged know-it-all sitting on her ass all day in a 5-6 bedroom house in southern California taking 10 week vacations in Wisconsin in the summer while telling other women to live in poverty and suffer to stay home and homeschool and never bother with birth control. She herself had only 4 children choosing not to have more for financial and health reasons, had a nanny, a maid, and her children went to public and private schools and were barely homeschooled. She is a major control freak and refuses to believe she could ever be wrong and therefore keeps her finger ready on the delete button to remove anyone who dares to disagree and if you quote her Bible verses that disagree, you may just end up banned. 

And she had a post go VIRAL....

A viral post just in case we all forgot.

Her post went viral.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

I'm not even going to try to figure out why she actually blocked me. Trying to understand what's going on in Lori's head?  That way lies insanity, and not the fun kind! 

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

too the bolding. Oh my! yes that is jealousy! The single moms I know don't just type a bit on the computer (I take that to mean  "just" a secretary)

Here are job titles of some single moms I know: IT project manager, Assistant to new development VP, IT help desk, nurse, judge, legal assistant (ok this one types a lot of documents), probation officer, special ed teacher, mortgage processor...and that is off the top of my head.

I know you don't mean "just a secretary" so please don't think this is directed at you, quiversR4hunting!

Very few things get my redheaded temper up as much as hearing that I'm "just a secretary." We run the world, actually!

12 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Very few things get my redheaded temper up as much as hearing that I'm "just a secretary." We run the world, actually!

in most places I've worked, it was the admin assistant who really ran the place. It was always to your advantage to get in good with them...they could make your life MUCH easier. 

8 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I know you don't mean "just a secretary" so please don't think this is directed at you, quiversR4hunting!

You are right, I don't mean "just a secretary".

The person commenting on Lori's blog said something like "dress cute and do a little typing" like that is all secretaries do. But the commenter also (to me) was trying to say all working moms are secretaries and that was my point, women I know have a lot of careers and not all are secretaries.

On 3/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, feministxtian said:

Total BUTTER user here. When hubs got sick, it was strongly suggested that we avoid most processed foods (not arguing with anyone here) so we use butter, "real" cheese, and cook with only corn and peanut oils. Not saying that my way is best...it was and is best for my husband's needs. Remember, he has no pancreas and no gall bladder. He takes replacement pancreatic enzymes with everything he eats, and using what I listed makes his digestive system MUCH happier. I will strongly suggest the same to other panky families but if you've got all your digestive organs, do what you damn well please. 

Lori is an idiot, a fucking hypocritical bitch and really needs to STFU. 

I had severe pancreatitis 7 years ago and nearly died. I wound up having a gall bladder removal and for a very long time I really couldn't eat any type of fat, I can now but in small amounts. I use a butter substitute that is made with yogurt, it's good but it's not as good as butter when it comes to taste!

Someone said if women acted like ladies then men would act like men (whatever that means) ..... Except they won't. When women were "ladies" they were married as children, raped, beaten, made to damage their body trying to have children, couldn't work, didn't have a voice, no where to go if abused and this was at the hands of a patriarchal society. Is this what he's implying should happen again? 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

She blocked me from her personal page but not her blog page. I know she was reading over at the undeleted page- I left a comment on her blog page noting that she made sweeping assumptions about staying home and noted that she ignored her privilege while living in a million dollar home, and that her standards had never been options for many women of color as well as women in lower socioeconomic statuses. I used an old FB account I had back when people played games. The comment was posted on the undeleted page and from my personal page I acknowledged the post as the author. I don’t know why she only blocked me from her personal page but find it funny. 

I will say- her “viral” post led me here (FJ’ers are awesome!!) and to pages like the Junia project, Sarah Bessy, and Spiritual Sounding Board. It has caused me to spend some time reflecting on what I really believe. It has led to a deeper relationship with God- but the opposite from Lori- it’s a new freedom. I now understand that it is possible to be Christian and a feminist. I’m also more intentional in the messages DH and I send to our kids about relationships and such, and I’m more intentional in what I teach my kids. I will do what I can to help unpack the ideology that men are superior. 

24 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

in most places I've worked, it was the admin assistant who really ran the place. It was always to your advantage to get in good with them...they could make your life MUCH easier. 

I'm actually the office manager, but you are right - get in good with the administrative assistants, secretary, etc., and it will be much easier!!

20 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I had severe pancreatitis 7 years ago and nearly died. I wound up having a gall bladder removal and for a very long time I really couldn't eat any type of fat, I can now but in small amounts. I use a butter substitute that is made with yogurt, it's good but it's not as good as butter when it comes to taste!

This is post-total pancreatectomy. He has to take enzyme replacements with meals and certain fats are broken down by the enzymes better than others. A total pancreatectomy removes the pancreas, gall bladder, the spleen in some cases, a portion of the duodenum, in some cases a portion of the stomach. The reconstruction is almost exactly like the reconstruction post-gastric bypass. Fortunately, the doctors were able to leave his spleen and did not have to cut the valve at the bottom of the stomach. 

So...due to the replacement enzymes, some fats are more easily broken down than others. The closer we stick to certain things, the better off he is. 

I hope your acute pancreatitis didn't turn into chronic pancreatitis. If you want help finding doctors or treatments, let me know...if I don't know the answer, I can put you in touch with the right people. 

9 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Someone said if women acted like ladies then men would act like men (whatever that means) ..... Except they won't. When women were "ladies" they were married as children, raped, beaten, made to damage their body trying to have children, couldn't work, didn't have a voice, no where to go if abused and this was at the hands of a patriarchal society. Is this what he's implying should happen again? 

To me, the sissy men and crybaby men are the ones posting on Lori’s page about how women need to know their place, etc. DH is a paramedic/electrician who is kind, caring, sensitive, and loving. He puts me and our children first and is honestly nicer than I am. 

I am so glad people are speaking up to her on that thread. In a place where she cannot delete or ban anyone. Or edit their comments. I love it. 

With Lori's latest doodle, I love that she admonishes people for watching Stormi on television, but not, you know, the president for having an affair on his pregnant wife with her. Oh Lori, never change. Actually, do. Do change. Please?

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

With Lori's latest doodle, I love that she admonishes people for watching Stormi on television, but not, you know, the president for having an affair on his pregnant wife with her. Oh Lori, never change. Actually, do. Do change. Please?

Can you imagine how she would rag on Melanie if she were the one cheating?

Since it was Trump who did the cheating, the only possible conclusion is that Melania did not "give" him enough sex. 

12 minutes ago, Carol said:

Here is part of  Lori's latest missive.  Regarding the first two lines...

5abaf5857a0ce_ScreenShot2018-03-27at6_52_19PM.png.3f9b9e8b711ee922ac7c8e5ee47953cd.png

"Why would any Christian want to watch this garbage"?  

Suck on this, Lori, these Christian women wanted to watch it.

https://www.facebook.com/cnn/videos/10158179933226509/

I sincerely hope that they bring that same group together when her attorney's promised 'proof' comes out. 

ETA: Ugh, one of the ladies just said he's doing an amazing job as president. Some days I honestly wonder if I'm living in the same reality as people like this. WTF, no one can say he's doing an 'amazing' job except for him. Maybe. 

3 hours ago, polecat said:

I also seem to recall that she was able to leave and travel with a group of dancers during her teen years (but please correct me if I'm wrong!), which gave her not just distance but also access to plenty of other positive mentors. That said, she does talk fairly openly about her many battles with body image, food, etc., and it's tough to think that at least some of that might have started at her mother's knee. 

As a mom, I'm hyper aware every time I fail my kids. I cannot imagine blasting out those same bad choices and holding them up as models for others to emulate. No, no, no. 

Alyssa left home to travel with dance company after graduating high school. She did post on IG about how she moved to Mississippi for the dance company and became friends with a fellow dancer or teacher. She probably took various dance classes as child and teen before moving off to MS. Hopefully, she had some good memories of dance teachers who treated her better than Lori did.

7 hours ago, EowynW said:

I might have the chance to get in for a better paying job here and more hours. Buttttt it's as a church secretary.

No worries, I am a church secretary and I kinda love it.  Might be the best job I ever had.  

I find the church drama a little funny at times, considering I came from a life of corporate drama...  Give it a shot!  You might love it!

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I sincerely hope that they bring that same group together when her attorney's promised 'proof' comes out. 

ETA: Ugh, one of the ladies just said he's doing an amazing job as president. Some days I honestly wonder if I'm living in the same reality as people like this. WTF, no one can say he's doing an 'amazing' job except for him. Maybe. 

You would think that people would realize that maybe he's not that great but now I'm seeing things like "It was in the past! I don't care what he did out of office". Ugh, I think people should care a lot about what the president did before office. If this was Obama or Clinton (either one) these people would be all over it calling for impeachment. And who in the world would want a man who doesn't have enough integrity to not cheat on his wife to run the country? I don't understand :dontgetit::confusion-helpsign:

36 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

No worries, I am a church secretary and I kinda love it.  Might be the best job I ever had.  

I find the church drama a little funny at times, considering I came from a life of corporate drama...  Give it a shot!  You might love it!

My biggest hesitation is it's a church we've only been attending a few months. We still don't know the people that well, or the leadership. And it is a denomination& church we haven't yet joined. If this was a church family we knew well and had been attending for awhile, I'd feel better. 

19 hours ago, Koala said:

Since Lori considers herself a mentor (specializing in troubled marriages), I think it's important for people to know what they can expect from her.  From today's post:

30 minutes to unwind doesn't seem unreasonable.  Not that his wife gets 30 minutes to unwind, but never mind that.

She continues:

Lori's response:

I wonder what Lori would think of my husband's grandparents.  After they left the farm and moved to the city, she stayed home with the kids and he got a job as a police officer.  He would stay out for hours with his friends after his shift, it was supposed to be 1 beer, which was fine, but it started to be more and more and he'd come in too late, and too loud and cranky for her and the kids.  So the story goes one night Bomma told him he had a family now and needed to be home with them.  Bompa said something about how she needed to know her place and couldn't tell him what to do, and she hit him in the head with a cast iron frying pan and it was happily ever after (70+ years, he died last summer and every night she prays to join him :my_cry:).  I don't condone any kind of violence, and I have no idea if the story is true or just something they came up with to act out each time a child or grandchild got married.  They both really liked telling that story.  They always went to church and believed in God and Bomma never worked outside the home and Bompa was very "manly", but they were sure as hell equals and thought Lori's type of marriage and submission and "traditional gender roles" were absolute garbage.

17 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

well then, I guess my family of 5 will totally die soon and here I thought mustard gas was a relatively fast way to die. I use canola oil because it is affordable and less saturated fatty acids & polyunsaturated fatty acids than corn oil. Also my dad grew it one year. He didn't grow it again because all the whitetail deer in 5 counties* came to eat the entire freaking field. Deer love canola fields and they also didn't die...well until we shot them in hunting season.  (*I might be exaggerating a little.)

As for corn- she can pry fresh sweet corn from my cold dead hands. Do not, take away my peaches and cream sweet corn!

And Fritos. I don't eat them often but damn they are good. Give me horrendous breath but dang they are good.

The "thinking" with canola is that it's in the mustard family, and mustard gas is a thing, so....poison?  Do these people not eat cabbage, turnips, radishes???  Also "they" changed the name from rapeseed in parts of the english speaking world so what are they trying to hide.  Or something along those lines.  It's always been baffling to me but I do admit that it took me a little while, once on my own, even after I'd learned what it actually is and its benefits, to not have a small reservation inside when buying it.  Now though it's fine.  The deer story makes me like it even more!

I miss fresh corn here in Belgium so much...or even frozen...it is incredibly hard to find anything other than canned, and that's always super starchy and too sweet.  When I do see some fresh ears they are also super starchy and have had the husk pulled mostly off so people can see what it is I guess?  And it's 2 tiny dried out ears for like 5 euros.  Once a year I take a chance, once a year I am disappointed all over again,

16 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

This may have changed in the past several years, but it’s my understanding that all US corn grown for human consumption is non GMO.  The GMO corn is used as animal food.

Ah, you would think that but Mercola, Natural News, and the Healthy Home Economist say differently!  Everyone but them is lying to you and all corn is GMO and GMOs are the cause of everything bad and no one ever had a heart attack or cancer before GMOs and margarine (sarcasm from me, actual claim from the loonies).  A single grain of GMO corn has apparently infected all other corn on the planet (ask them what GMO actually is, or if they would agree the population should be lowered so maybe there isn't as much need for better yields and there is silence).

My mother is very smart in many ways, and I love her very much, but she's staggeringly blind in others, while thinking she knows the real truth of things.  For instance, my never vaccinated brother has autism.  Instead of thinking maybe vaccinations don't cause autism, she thinks my father was able to get him secretly vaccinated during a trip to the ER for stitches and they also didn't make a record of it and she didn't notice at the time and my father never cared one way or the other about vaccinations.  She believes in the underwire cancer thing and that soy feminizes boys (pioneer on that one, early 80's!), and that literally one taste of splenda 20 years ago gave me plaques on my brain (it was probably the tick bite but what do I and my doctors know), and that chemtrails are a thing and lately she has been watching flat earth videos on youtube because she's "curious" and "wants to learn".  It makes me want to cry.   I almost can't be mad at her for voting for Trump (almost) because if you'll believe all that other stuff, why wouldn't you believe his con?

14 hours ago, EowynW said:

I found Rachelle on that thread! She can't ban her there lol 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3244.PNG

IMG_3245.PNG

Oh Rachelle!  Be still my heart! I have cartoon heart eyes for her right now.  What an amazing post.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived