IGNORED

Lori Alexander 42: Biblically A Bitch, Now Dressed Up In White Privilege

laPapessaGiovanna

If that were me, I'd never ever be posting that. I'd be too ashamed to. 

My my dad broke his body providing for us while my fundie mother stayed home and homeschooled us. They don't regret it. But I don't want that to be me and my husband. 

IMG_3246.PNG

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori’s fan followers are women that come across as jealous of professional working mothers. I think they have misplaced anger because they are unsatisfied with their husbands.

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t Lori live in a 1 million dollar house?

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Lori’s fan followers are women that come across as jealous of professional working mothers. I think they have misplaced anger because they are unsatisfied with their husbands.

Yes and yes.  This reminds me of the early days of second-wave feminism, when a male columnist whined that “women go out and get jobs when the ironing basket is full.” I instantly thought, Who the hell wouldn’t want to? Who wouldn’t rather be paid—possibly doing something interesting—than settle for household drudgery?

8 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Yeah, its a million. 500K in CA would be a shack or at best a condo. The home address is in plain view on Ken's business website. They are so stupid they use their home address for business. At least get a PO box, jeesh.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Yeah, its a million. 500K in CA would be a shack or at best a condo. The home address is in plain view on Ken's business website. They are so stupid they use their home address for business. At least get a PO box, jeesh.

A million? Omg!!! 

3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

A million? Omg!!! 

Well, to be fair, it's valued at that much. It was about 400-500K I think when they bought it in the late 1990s. Cost of living there is stupid. Yet Lori, clueless as ever, thinks her readers can just up and move there. 

@dairyfreelife Correct. They did pay 450K for it in 1998. Inflation calculator says that is $693K in today's dollars. Still something the majority of her readers could never afford. 

And here we are just praying we can one day get a 50-65K loan for a home. :( 

I might have the chance to get in for a better paying job here and more hours. Buttttt it's as a church secretary. On a salary. And I just don't know if church drama is worth the extra $$. We could use more money and could save for a down payment faster and it's hard to find jobs here. But. Church drama. 

My current job, while hard work and much less pay, is a good fit for me too. And I'm learning lots of knowledge to be applied to my own garden and hopefully own business one day  

Sigh... 

Let me roll my eyes at this because it's simply not true. Once again it's guys taking a movement to empower women and make it about themselves. If you can't  compliment a woman without being creepy that's a problem. 99 percent of women aren't going to react negatively to someone complimenting a hair cut. And seriously stop blaming women for you supposedly giving up your masculinity. Gosh it's like some guys are soooo power and such great leaders and then the moment women attempt to get equal footing all of a sudden they're somehow taking away a makes masculinity. Idk maybe they're just over the toxic masculinity bullshit.

image.png

Lori commented that all the men in her family are manly. I can think of a lot of descriptors for Ken, but manly wouldn’t be one of them. 

1 minute ago, Frog99 said:

Lori commented that all the men in her family are manly. I can think of a lot of descriptors for Ken, but manly wouldn’t be one of them. 

Trueee. 

@Sarah92 Josh is a creeper and is just one example of the twisted mindset that exists among some of these people. There’s another guy in the comment thread who said he’s going to look for an Asian woman. 

7 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Let me roll my eyes at this because it's simply not true. Once again it's guys taking a movement to empower women and make it about themselves. If you can't  compliment a woman without being creepy that's a problem. 99 percent of women aren't going to react negatively to someone complimenting a hair cut. And seriously stop blaming women for you supposedly giving up your masculinity. Gosh it's like some guys are soooo power and such great leaders and then the moment women attempt to get equal footing all of a sudden they're somehow taking away a makes masculinity. Idk maybe they're just over the toxic masculinity bullshit.

I wondered about that.  Why the F does 'the rise of homosexuality' make men 'terrified of women'?  :pb_rollseyes:

One night I went down the Lori YouTube rabbit hole and I remember in one she described her house as “tract housing,” which seemed disingenuous, at best. Googling their address shows that is a lie. Here’s the description of a house on the same street:

6B50F19D-7BCD-484C-8632-98AB4CAA5A8D.png

24 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

@Sarah92 Josh is a creeper and is just one example of the twisted mindset that exists among some of these people. There’s another guy in the comment thread who said he’s going to look for an Asian woman. 

I laughed at this because he clearly has in his mind a picture of the extremely stereotypical, submissive Asian housewife that does NOT match reality. He will be in for quite a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I laughed at this because he clearly has in his mind a picture of the extremely stereotypical, submissive Asian housewife that does NOT match reality. He will be in for quite a surprise. 

#1 son is married to a girl from Mongolia...she's a lot of things but submissive isn't on that list. She's not a housewife either. She has some fairly high-powered job with a bank. 

I couldn't take it.  I had to say something so I did it on the thread that Madame can't delete from.   She. Makes. Me. Sick.   Lori has NO idea how lucky she is that she's nearly 60 and has both of her parents.  Myself and several of my peers (mid-30's to 40's) have either only one parent still living or neither.   Some of my peers are caring for those parents who are of similar age as Ms. Thing, herself--NOT being cared for By them.  There are others who are her age and still working full time because social security and Medicare are shit!  They can barely support their own household much less be saddled with grown children and grandchildren.  She has such a charmed life and takes it totally for granted.  

Woo saahh. I'm headed to class to weld and beat the shit out of some metal now.

Also, Rachel's comments and many many others are there on the Matt Walsh post.  

For those who don't want to go digging:  

Spoiler

It's interesting to me that the consensus is women work because they want "things", smart phones, fine clothes, et cetera. This is not the case in general. A person has no control over one bank buying out another and subsequently raising interest rates on homes. A person has no control over property taxes or costs of living. If a man is laid off from his job because his field is suffering, money has to come from somewhere. Children still need to eat and they still need a warm, dry place to sleep. Even if a woman's part time income is solely for a savings account, it will still make the difference between a family losing their home or not. We live in the real world, not every adult with children has parents they can run back to in crisis. Some of those parents are already deceased or in a way that disables them from being able to support someone else. Churches are not in the business to fully support their constituency, a payment here and there is one thing, months of bill support plus food and clothing are another. You can teach being "keeper at home" all day, there is nothing wrong with the idea. The issue is when the message is delivered by a kept person who has never had to truly suffer in her life. People who've had everything handed to them can't fathom having a rent house with no electricity or heat. They can't fathom having to choose between buying groceries or paying insurance on the necessary vehicle that gets the husband to work. What a fine world we'd have if the lie were true, that women only work because they are greedy. Some folks need to get out of their own back yard and see how the other half lives

@Imrlgoddess thank you for sharing. I can’t look at those comments because Lori blocked me (somehow I could comment on the blog page if I wanted). I did go in on my work account (I manage three professional pages) and wanted to high five Rachelle’s comments as well as those that acknowledge different needs and circumstances. 

I would really love to comment on her women must stay home posts what my bring home is after taxes and what we pay for insurance thanks to my job but I won’t. Because it’s taking a haughty attitude and that’s acting just like Lori. Those women are clueless as to the earning capacity of many females. 

23 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I couldn't take it.  I had to say something so I did it on the thread that Madame can't delete from.   She. Makes. Me. Sick.   Lori has NO idea how lucky she is that she's nearly 60 and has both of her parents.  Myself and several of my peers (mid-30's to 40's) have either only one parent still living or neither.   Some of my peers are caring for those parents who are of similar age as Ms. Thing, herself--NOT being cared for By them.  There are others who are her age and still working full time because social security and Medicare are shit!  They can barely support their own household much less be saddled with grown children and grandchildren.  She has such a charmed life and takes it totally for granted.  

Woo saahh. I'm headed to class to weld and beat the shit out of some metal now.

Also, Rachel's comments and many many others are there on the Matt Walsh post.  

For those who don't want to go digging:  

Reveal hidden contents

Have fun welding you ebil woman.

Out of all the fundies we talk about here, Lori is the biggest spoiled brat of the bunch. I hope karma eventually pays visit to Lori in some form. It would be hilarious if her children refused to support years from now as payback for how she treated them.

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

The other stereotype I see on the manosphere is that Russian and Eastern European women are super submissive. Which, no. Just no, honey. 

30 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

People who've had everything handed to them can't fathom having a rent house with no electricity or heat. They can't fathom having to choose between buying groceries or paying insurance on the necessary vehicle that gets the husband to work. What a fine world we'd have if the lie were true, that women only work because they are greedy. Some folks need to get out of their own back yard and see how the other half lives

Three and a half years ago, our lives fell apart. I lived in a house WITHOUT electricity for a month while we tried to get our stuff out before we got evicted. Hubby got a bed in a shelter, but I couldn't because cats. Once we got our stuff out and managed to avoid an eviction, I lived in our SUV with cats. We had to donate, give away or throw away most of what we owned including a refrigerator, a BBQ grill and a bunch of other things. We had to get rid of most of our furniture. We had to pare down a 3200 sqft house to a 10x15 storage room. Lori would have NEVER survived. Then we went to an extended stay place, then into a 1br apartment. They both sucked but beat the hell out of living in a shelter or SUV. Now we live in a bigger apartment in a shitty neighborhood. Lori wouldn't know what it's like to have to choose to either pay the light bill or buy groceries, or rolling quarters for gas money. That CUNT (yes I said it) wouldn't know hardship if it bit her in the ass. I hate that bitch with the fire of a thousand suns.

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

This has crossed my mind a few times in regards to the fangirls. Some of their husbands probably don't make all that much as evidenced by the various posts where they talk about living off 9k, 20k, 30k, and 40k while having larger families. Of course, the fangirls will go on and on about how they make it and are happy. But, I bet some  have constant money troubles and they are probably either pissed that some one income households and some two income households don't have constant money struggles. They in turn put their anger towards working mothers. That leads to them generalizing all working mothers as materialistic and only working for things.

I'm still perplexed that the fangirls haven't wised up that their hero Lori has much more privileged life than them. Now, there are always going to be others with more money or more things. Lori is annoying as fuck because she doesn't really live the frugal lower income lifestyle that she insists that women should have in order to be SAHMs.

Just want to jump in and say that 1 mil is really not that impressive for a lot of areas of CA, and I do believe Lori's area is a somewhat desirable area.  Prices are out of control in many areas of the state.  

My friend just bought a 4 bedroom, standard SFR in a good (but not like excellent or impressive) neighborhood in Orange County for 750k+.  And it needed work.  Like...fairly serious work.  Not like ripping walls out, but there were fixtures missing/needed replacing, floors that needed refinishing, etc.  

Lori's house is an upper middle class home, and from the looks of it, is a typical mass-built, 1990's McMansion.  It has some high-end features and decent square footage, but it's not a palatial estate.  Many of the rooms have clearly not been updated since the 1990s as well, so they're no longer as nice as they once were (see: her garden tub). 

Most of the value of her home is probably in the land.  Location, location, location.  

If I have been blocked by Miss high and mighty herself, would her comments on Matt Walsh's Facebook be hidden as well?

(Let's face it, I just want to read the comments of people handing her ass to her. #NoShame)

2 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

If I have been blocked by Miss high and mighty herself, would her comments on Matt Walsh's Facebook be hidden as well?

(Let's face it, I just want to read the comments of people handing her ass to her. #NoShame)

My inability to see those posts led me to the discovery that she had indeed completely blocked me, and I could not see her post until I asked a friend to find out if she could see it, and she showed me what's going on.  I'm loving the comments!  

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived