IGNORED

Lori Alexander 42: Biblically A Bitch, Now Dressed Up In White Privilege

laPapessaGiovanna

1 hour ago, molecule said:

She'd have a hey-day with me, then. It would probably get to me at first, but then I would remember that my husband deems me of worthy of far more than ten minutes and lube and I would be fine.

I've got 100lbs to lose, but I'd rather pile another 100 on than look like Lori, if we're being honest.  Thanks to her angular frame and un-cared for skin, she always looks like a really pissed off lizard to me.  

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reply to Lori is... I'm fluffy and fabulous. Yeah I'm trying to eat healthier but I also don't sit around hating myself. I also have great style IMHO (dramatic hair flip). And I do it on a small budget. 

Question: Does Lori wear organic clothes? 

1 hour ago, pamplemousse said:

Of course she is. Because it's SO much better when your daughters develop (or are suspected to have developed) eating disorders and you watch and count every bite of food and every glass of water your guests consume, isn't it?  Sometimes I think it would serve her right if she were to develop a medical condition that would make it very difficult or impossible to keep her weight down.

Nah, that wouldn't happen because Lori doesn't eat anyway. A "big" salad with a couple sardines and a bowl of soup, maybe a little oatmeal and that seems to be all she eats. Every day. Woman is barely sustaining herself let alone eating enough to be a healthy weight. If she developed such a condition, she probably would eat next to nothing. Like a piece of lettuce a day diet. 

Hey, Lori:  When my daughter lost a noticeable amount of weight recently, my first reaction was to ask her whether she was OK. It turned out that she was under a lot of emotional stress, which I’d never have learned about if I’d just gushed about how “wonderful” she looked.  (My daughter was already on the slim side, but you catch my drift.)

Back in her 20s, my middle sister, who had been heavy all her life, had gastric bypass surgery and lost over half her body weight. When she gained some of it back, she developed anorexia and bulimia, and wound up on what her nurses called “the danger list” at the hospital, with a blood calcium level so low her doctor had never seen it in a live person.  At that point, as my sister struggled to stay alive (she was 5’1” and weighed 140), some idiot nurse asked her whether she’d “ever tried Weight Watchers.” No, Nurse Nancy—it never occurred to an educated adult woman who’s been fighting with her weight all her fucking life to go on Weight Watchers. [/sarcasm]

I used to be stick thin.  Then my migraines started, which impaired my swallowing ability (mine have stroke signs/symptoms).  I lost weight I couldn't afford to lose and they had talked about having a feeding tube placed.  We tried high fat diets, etc. Finally, they gave me shots to slow down my metabolism.  I've gained more weight than I should have, but I'm alive.  I'm working on losing some of the weight, but they want me to keep a decent fat store for the next exacerbation. 

And Lori, your opinion doesn't mean a thing to me.  I'd rather bring other people happiness and live my faith than make others miserable and hide behind a screen because I can't/won't practice what I preach.

Just watched the cleaning video. There isn't a single cleaning tip in it. What is the point?   "Okay here's my toilet it's clean, really really clean, I clean it on Mondays. It's nice to have a clean toilet. Everyone should clean their toilets. Okay now here's my really clean kitchen" . She's ruining the word clean for me now. 

18 minutes ago, cara said:

Just watched the cleaning video. There isn't a single cleaning tip in it. What is the point?   "Okay here's my toilet it's clean, really really clean, I clean it on Mondays. It's nice to have a clean toilet. Everyone should clean their toilets. Okay now here's my really clean kitchen" . She's ruining the word clean for me now. 

This is how she intends to achieve her goal of silencing women- ruining ALL.THE.WORDS so we have none left! 

36 minutes ago, EowynW said:

That whole thread on the Matt Walsh article was deleted. At least from what it looks like. I can't find it anymore. 

I looked from my work account- Lori must have deleted her comment. Speaks volumes about her- not that we really needed any more, but it certainly reinforces her need to control and to save face. What does it say about her faith if she can’t stand behind her comment. 

3 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

Of course she is. Because it's SO much better when your daughters develop (or are suspected to have developed) eating disorders and you watch and count every bite of food and every glass of water your guests consume, isn't it?  Sometimes I think it would serve her right if she were to develop a medical condition that would make it very difficult or impossible to keep her weight down.

Fair warning: I'm stressed out and this is my Lori-rant: :mad:

This is one of the (many) things that drives me batty about Lori. She's sick. (I should clarify: in addition to being a sick person, she's also physically suffering). She knows what it is to be sick and injured, and unable to do things because her body won't let her. And yet, she has zero grace for people who are suffering from illness or injury. Nope--quit complaining (self-pity is Satanic! :pb_rollseyes:), spread your legs, make babbies, and serve your husband. No excuses for illness or injury or disability. Except for Lori--Lori's the exception. Lori can use birth control because she's sick and can't handle more children. Lori can spend money on a nanny and maid because she's sick, but you're seeking after worldly treasure if you don't reuse wax paper, don't walk 15 miles to town, and don't do your own orthopedic surgery with a butter knife and superglue. Lori can gain pounds due to changes in her medication and hormones, but don't you do it, otherwise your husband has a right to leave for a hotter, younger woman. 

As a person who also struggles with her health and has a disability, it astounds me that she can't make the connection between her experience as an ill person and having some freaking compassion for other women who also struggle physically. I'm sure she'd tell me I'm a fat-fatty and need to lose weight. Never mind that I've had similar surgeries (her neck fusion, my complete spinal fusion) as she did. Nope, I should just go for long walks on the beach and eat nothing but a half cup of fermented vegetables in weird glass jars and lemon water. 

44 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I looked from my work account- Lori must have deleted her comment. Speaks volumes about her- not that we really needed any more, but it certainly reinforces her need to control and to save face. What does it say about her faith if she can’t stand behind her comment. 

Lori is totes willing to be persecuted for her faith...until she’s not. ‘Cause her need to control is way greater than her desire to be a good Christian. 

Also, she will NOT ruin the word CLEAN for me as she’s done with so many other words. She may be able to cook expensive food of questionable health value better than me, but even with a 60 hour a week job I kept my house far cleaner than hers. 

Yes, that whole thread is gone. I am just in shock. She has that much control. Lori always has to have her away. I first thought Matt or his social media managers deleted it all, but as @Frog99 says maybe Lori deleted her original comment and then the follow up stuff doesn't make sense, so I don't know if you delete an original do all the replies automatically go to?  She probably realized her boring comment was not worth the so called "attacks", but wait a minute, is she still "blessed"? I thought she like all this because it was a sign from God that she is blessed. She couldn't stand all that truth being brought to light. 

No worries, I'll be making a big post on my tumblr with all the shots and will also post on my fb page. It will take some time but well worth it. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Yes, that whole thread is gone. I am just in shock. She has that much control. Lori always has to have her away. I first thought Matt or his social media managers deleted it all, but as @Frog99 says maybe Lori deleted her original comment and then the follow up stuff doesn't make sense, so I don't know if you delete an original do all the replies automatically go to?  She probably realized her boring comment was not worth the so called "attacks", but wait a minute, is she still "blessed"? I thought she like all this because it was a sign from God that she is blessed. She couldn't stand all that truth being brought to light. 

No worries, I'll be making a big post on my tumblr with all the shots and will also post on my fb page. It will take some time but well worth it. 

When you delete a comment on FB, all the replies to that comment do disappear as well. The original thread is there--Walsh posted it twice for some reason, he does that with a lot of his posts--but Lori's comment is gone. Interestingly, she's left this morning's post up on her page, proving that she wants total control over all responses to her words (as if we needed more proof!). Couldn't do that on Walsh's page, so she took her toys and went home. :my_dodgy:

@Loveday That is good to know. Makes me feel better that Matt wasn't manipulated or threatened into deleting them. She just had to have control. There will probably  be a doodle about it again. She is promoting her book on fb now I guess to make her feel better. 

Also, you know what! I bet she loved the thrill of being able to delete 90 some comments at once. 50 or so people silenced in one push of a button. 

Just now, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@Loveday That is good to know. Makes me feel better that Matt wasn't manipulated or threatened into deleting them. She just had to have control. There will probably  be a doodle about it again. She is promoting her book on fb now I guess to make her feel better. 

Yeah, I wondered for a minute if Matt had deleted the entire thread, because I came across the duplicate thread before I came to the one Lori commented on (I don't know why he posts things twice, it's very confusing). But someone had mentioned here earlier that he rarely, if ever, deletes anything, so when I got to the right thread, I saw what had happened. I wonder, though--maybe Ken told her to delete it? Because Rachelle mentioned some things I'm sure he'd probably not want talked about there. 

Re: that clean* video - I have never in my life heard someone say "perfectly" so many times, and in relation to making a bed? FFS what a useless thing to be perfect about!

*I omit the -ing since no dirt removal occurred. 

I am kind of smiling at the thought of Lori deleting her own comment.  :pb_lol:  Can't have a conversation that she can't control.

Why did she remove her comment? If she's being lead by the spirit to write and is taking the time to seek her god before posting shouldn't those posts be blessed? Why would she delete the word of her god? Isn't she disobeying? Shouldn't she stand in the suffering? 

*did not capitalize god and spirit because I have a hard time seeing us worshipping the same being. #petty 

11 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Why did she remove her comment? If she's being lead by the spirit to write and is taking the time to seek her god before posting shouldn't those posts be blessed? Why would she delete the word of her god? Isn't she disobeying? Shouldn't she stand in the suffering? 

*did not capitalize god and spirit because I have a hard time seeing us worshipping the same being. #petty 

I’ve thought some more about why- certainly it’s about control, and quite possibly insisted upon by Ken (it mentions Alyssa’s possible infertility and while I think he’s despicable, I think perhaps he might want to protect her), but I really think it’s because one of the comments referenced how her posts have been discussed on FJ, SSB, and Patheos. She can’t have people exposed to different perspectives and true, healthy discussion because women might be empowered and no longer buy what she’s selling. It’s not at all ironic that she’s now promoting her book- she only wants people to read her interpretation. I pray some people find their way to those sources. 

Lori, on the Internet, social media, etc nothing is ever truly deleted. I think you are losing control and you will be exposed for the shrew you are. 

This is too funny on her cleaning IG post. My trailer one ups your trailer! And as if living in a trailer with no kids is the same as a family of 5. And does what work exactly? Lori taught nothing in that post. Except make your  bed! Yes, that can work in a trailer.

trailersize.PNG.3c1e25d22e272892607f125e7ccfff62.PNG

Watching Lori's behavior today made me think that the woman has a serious illness...really.  Besides the chronic issues she has, I'm sure she has some kind of severe OCD or anxiety disorder resulting in her uber-controlling personality.   The house, the inflexibility, the spewing of rules (even though she didn't follow them in her home life.)  I watched two of her videos recently -- the one "showcasing" her house at Christmas (saddest holiday display ever) and the one focused the entire time on the picture of her and three of her children in their younger years.  She says something very honest in that video.  They were all smiling but she admits she was a terrible person and a terrible wife. It was a moment of honestly I believe. 

If it weren't for the fact that she shames and judges so many women who are earnestly doing the best they can in life (isn't that what we all are doing? Just trying to get by with the best we know how, according to our own belief systems}  I would almost feel sorry for Lori and Ken and especially their children. But in the end, we all have to be responsible for our own actions. 

I wonder what it's really like in that "perfectly clean" house? Doesn't appear to be much happiness or joy. In one of her recent doodles she made reference to losing friends and family over her actions.   Despite my anger at her at times, I will pray for her.  Even though I believe she is misguided and twists scripture and acts contrary to Christ's commandments, I will pray that she somehow sees the truth and can enjoy whatever years she has left. 

By her deleting her comment/thread on Matt Walsh f/b, won't her readers be confused over her blog post about the comments when they can't find her comment and the "persecution" comments?

7 hours ago, Frog99 said:

OT- but is anyone else having trouble reading posts here because of google ads over parts of them?

There is a thread about this here (@Curious seems to have fixed it, but post here if you’re still having problems):

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

This is too funny on her cleaning IG post. My trailer one ups your trailer! And as if living in a trailer with no kids is the same as a family of 5. And does what work exactly? Lori taught nothing in that post. Except make your  bed! Yes, that can work in a trailer.

trailersize.PNG.3c1e25d22e272892607f125e7ccfff62.PNG

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

By her deleting her comment/thread on Matt Walsh f/b, won't her readers be confused over her blog post about the comments when they can't find her comment and the "persecution" comments?

No, I don't think they even click over or bother to look. They just take her word for it.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived