IGNORED

BRADRICK! Divorce Part 3: Now With Remarriage?

Destiny

On 1/14/2019 at 8:31 PM, Flyinthesoup said:

I do not believe I have ever seen anyone stand that way.  

I have.  Way back in the early 80's there was a guy who'd go to the college basketball games and stand on the sidelines like that.  He always wore tight jeans and a tight t-shirt.  I'd be fascinated watching him take up his stance.  March toward the court with his arms crossed until he was as close to the game as possible.  Quick check to see if everyone could see him; then assume the position.  His height would drop visibly as he spread his legs wide.  He'd suck in his stomach and clench his butt cheeks.  Then he'd make sure his arm muscles were shown off to perfection.

All that was left was to pretend to watch the game intensely, acting like someone's life was at stake if his team didn't win.  He'd never speak, change his expression, or acknowledge anyone in any way, but if you watched long enough you could see that he was actually using the action on the court to scan the crowd, apparently hoping to find someone gazing at him approvingly.  He was something of a local joke.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, starfish said:

But in  Jen vs. Doug the tool,   I'm not sure who to root for. She is clearly a handful. 

Yes.  One thing about Jen, if she comes to a fork in the road she will always take the wrong direction.

I don't think there can be much doubt that Doug and Beall's attempts at marriage counseling and "pastoring" the Epsteins at BCA were really messed up and spiritually abusive.  However, handful is right.  Jen also covered herself with shame after the Fall of the Tool  with her alliance with the vile Kinist TW Eston, AKA Peter Kershaw. 

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2014/01/27/tw-eston-co-blogger-at-jens-gems-blog-is-a-rushdoony-fan-and-a-kinist/#more-10916

And her behavior since then has been just as erratic and unpleasant.  I feel very sorry for her children.  It is no surprise that she is a Trump supporter.

Have the Ro-Botkins ever said anything about the Kelly/Peter fiasco of a marriage? Maybe they are resentful because Kelly's had 2 marriages compared to their 0 marriages. 

Not that I remember.  But then they never acknowledged the Fall of the Tool either.  They were still bleating about the joys and duties of unmarried stay at home daughter-hood the last time I looked.  

I saw a photograph of Natty Darnell on his FB page when I was stalking it, and there's a photograph of him standing that way! It's The Stance! 

15 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

@Marian the Librarian is your post count really "Chaucer! Rabelais! BAL-zac!!" That's just too perfect.

Thank you! Of course, it's best intoned in the voice of Hermione Gingold, from the movie version of "The Music Man." ?

Not forgetting "One Grecian Urn..." 

On 1/16/2019 at 12:46 PM, starfish said:

Have the Ro-Botkins ever said anything about the Kelly/Peter fiasco of a marriage? Maybe they are resentful because Kelly's had 2 marriages compared to their 0 marriages. 

The only thing they've posted in almost 2 years is their 6 part series "How to Victim Blame While Appearing not to Victim Blame".

I mean, "Spiritual Self-Defense"

4 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

The only thing they've posted in almost 2 years is their 6 part series "How to Victim Blame While Appearing not to Victim Blame".

I mean, "Spiritual Self-Defense"

I’ve been feeling altogether too light-hearted and happy and need some angst in my life. I think I’ll look that up. 

....On second thought.....naaah.

On 1/20/2019 at 2:08 AM, MamaJunebug said:

I’ve been feeling altogether too light-hearted and happy and need some angst in my life. I think I’ll look that up. 

....On second thought.....naaah.

When Cows&Kids Collide did a review series on it.  Oh and I snarked on it chapter by chapter in a Botkin thread last year.

Her last IG post was in November 2017. Her bestie, Christie Weathers, made a post on IG dedicated to Kelly on the 5th of January of this year. Don't know if the picture is a recent one though.

So we don't really know what is going on in her life. She could have had another baby, maybe she is even pregnant again?! I don't know when the got married, but with her fertility history probably everything is possible!

17 hours ago, ophelia said:

Her last IG post was in November 2017. Her bestie, Christie Weathers, made a post on IG dedicated to Kelly on the 5th of January of this year. Don't know if the picture is a recent one though.

So we don't really know what is going on in her life. She could have had another baby, maybe she is even pregnant again?! I don't know when the got married, but with her fertility history probably everything is possible!

The wedding was March 24, 2018 (10 months ago), so she might have had a honeymoon baby but I doubt she'd be pregnant again this quickly.

Thank you, @Bethella!

I'm really wondering wether the kids are still allowed to have contact with their father and I hope that their step-dad treats them with love and respect. Going through a divorce and having a parent remarrying can be so hard for a child.

5 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Thank you, @Bethella!

I'm really wondering wether the kids are still allowed to have contact with their father and I hope that their step-dad treats them with love and respect. Going through a divorce and having a parent remarrying can be so hard for a child.

I wonder that too. Especially given how the divorce played out.

On 1/12/2019 at 12:29 AM, Georgiana said:

both ended up in miserable looking marriages with nightmarish husbands who turned against the borg before pulling their families away so they could put their own desires first.  

I think it's a bit unfair to compare Derick and Peter. As far as we know, Derick does not cheat on his wife. He kinda seems like he's dismissive of Jill but it is really hard to tell on social media. If he pulled a Peter (complete with bisexual affairs? Was that real or just the family's speculation?), I think the odds of a Jill-Derick divorce would go up. I bet they'd take affairs with a man waaaay worse than they apparently took Josh's infidelities with women.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:43 PM, ophelia said:

Especially since those boys are a spitting image of Peter. I worry for them. 

4 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Especially since those boys are a spitting image of Peter. I worry for them. 

???  Why would looking like Peter be problematic?  (other than the general aesthetics of those ears)

21 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

???  Why would looking like Peter be problematic?  (other than the general aesthetics of those ears)

Depending on their new stepdad he could give them a hard time for looking like their father since Peter is his predecessor and seems to be persona non grata nowadays.

13 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Depending on their new stepdad he could give them a hard time for looking like their father since Peter is his predecessor and seems to be persona non grata nowadays.

Are we really at a place where we assume that just because a child physically takes after their father, a stepdad is likely to maltreat their stepchild?  Especially a stepparent we know pretty much nothing about?  It's the same as when we first learned that Kelly had remarried, and people were baselessly alluding to the idea that this new husband was a child abuser.  

I'm part of a blended sibling set.  I have a lot of friends who have stepkids.  This particular speculation bus really disturbs me.  

I'm not assuming anything. I just stated that this can happen and that it sucks when people judge you or have a certain image of you just because you resemble your mother or father in a strong way. I hope that the kids are allowed to have contact with their father and that their stepdad treats them (and their mother) with love and respect. 

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm not assuming anything. I just stated that this can happen and that it sucks when people judge you or have a certain image of you just because you resemble your mother or father in a strong way. I hope that the kids are allowed to have contact with their father and that their stepdad treats them (and their mother) with love and respect. 

Yes, it definitely does happen.  I've also read about how children who have a strong resemblance to a deceased parent can often feel rejected by their living parent for reminding them so much of their dead spouse.  That seems to happen more with men who have a hard time with a daughter who looks much like her deceased mother.  On the other hand, women will often show preference to a son who looks like their deceased father.  

2 hours ago, punkiepie said:

Yes, it definitely does happen.  I've also read about how children who have a strong resemblance to a deceased parent can often feel rejected by their living parent for reminding them so much of their dead spouse.  That seems to happen more with men who have a hard time with a daughter who looks much like her deceased mother.  On the other hand, women will often show preference to a son who looks like their deceased father.  

That kinda happened to me.   ?

Yes it absolutely happens. I've seen it with my own eyes. 

Eta: Plus, they're not too far on the fundie spectrum from the types of people that propagate the whole "sins of the father" bullshit. 

Yes, it happens.  Mr. Briefly had that experience with his mom's second husband.  The second husband was an abusive jerk and it might have been bad anyway, but it was much worse for him than for the other siblings and he is the only one who really looks like his dad.

We need to get the Ro-Botkins going again. Maybe they will blog post about the NY abortion bill or some other

fundie calamity and come out of their self-imposed exile. 

On 1/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, Pianokeeper said:

That kinda happened to me.   ?

Happened to me with my dad, who wasn't dead but was a raging alcoholic who saw his children once a month...in a good month and that was rare. If I had a nickel for the number of times my mother said I looked so much like him, I should just go live with him. Then there was the other perennial favorite: I was so moody and such a know-it-all just like him that I needed to leave. She knew there was no way in hell he would take me. Knowing I had no one to take me in and nowhere to go did a real number on me.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived