IGNORED

Dillards 53: Making Assumptions and Indoctrinating the Children

Jellybean

Where is Israel? I only see Sam.  

Also I'm wondering if their beliefs are that much different from the older Duggars or they just like the books or...??? I feel like I'm missing a link here.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Jill accompanied Derelict to DC on that mission trip, Izzy stayed with Cathy. If Jill is going, it's an extra expense that the Dullards seem to be able to afford, despite having no source of income. It was estimated that it cost Jill and Sammy about $3500 to accompany Derelict to DC. 

Is it too much to hope that Derick maybe won't have access to the internet while he's there?

Thoughts and prayers to the people of Guadalajara. 

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Is it too much to hope that Derick maybe won't have access to the internet while he's there?

Nah, you know they'll be staying at a resort with free wifi, warm water, and 24/7 armed security. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Looks like Derelict is off to Guadalajara. Not sure if Jill and Sammy are also going or if she's just seeing him off. 

eta: This is from a fundraiser's page. I don't think Jill is really permitted to go. 

I get the impression, from this and other photos, that most of the C3 folks aren't particularly fond of the Dillards either.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Looks like Derelict is off to Guadalajara. Not sure if Jill and Sammy are also going or if she's just seeing him off. 

eta: This is from a fundraiser's page. I don't think Jill is really permitted to go. 

Dear lord Derick, stop with the manspread.

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Dear lord Derick, stop with the manspread.

I noticed that too...it's just, wow...

1 minute ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I noticed that too...it's just, wow...

He’s practically doing the splits. Just what the hell Derick.

35 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I guess the question is what practices or beliefs do the Duggars borg consider to be non-negotiable? Their willingness to go all in for Trump suggests it’s not religion, spousal fidelity, or “character.” Their god-country-guns version of patriotism isn’t a deal breaker not is being a Protestant Christian if they’re shilling for Conner Boyack. All this suggests that the only things that are really non-negotiable are opposition to abortion and birth control and a passionate love of extreme free market capitalism as the only “godly” form of economics.

I honestly don't think many of the Duggars are bright or self-reflective enough to parse through what different conservative thinkers believe. I think that anyone who is generally "Red State friendly" is considered okay. I do think that abortion and guns are probably non-negotiables.

I don't know Connor Boyack well, but looking at his and the Libertas website, I would say he seems to be a libertarian in the Rand Paul/Justin Amash vein. His beliefs are very different from that of Dominionists like Jim Bob Duggar or even mainstream Republicans. He definitely is not genuflecting in front of military or prison industrial complexes and has several articles and tweets criticizing police brutality, the drug wars, American exceptionalism, and overseas intervention. Also, as a Mormon, he wouldn't have a moral issue with birth control the way a Trad Catholic or Quiverfull would.

There are a range of beliefs among conservatives just as there are among liberals and I think disregarding any nuance is limiting. (And Libertarians have long been a thorn in the side of Republicans, like an ungainly step-child they're not quite sure what to do with.)

It looks like Derick is manspreading because he has a car seat between his legs. To me that suggests that Jill & Sam are going too because otherwise he probably wouldn't have dragged that thing in with them.

9 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Jill would like you to help Derick...I mean Izzy win $350.

BFA994B3-BC9A-40B0-852C-07CF6DBC5918.jpeg

That desperate for money? This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Sam's looking away, like yeah I'm not part of these two either. 

27 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Based on that group photo, Jill and Derick stick out and look like they don’t fit in with the rest.

They really do stick out like sore thumbs. All the guys together in the back the girls in the front and Jill derelict and baby off to the side. But honestly it doesn't surprise me, Derrick is probably the peer who doesn't socialize, holds himself above everyone and totes his wife and child along everywhere. I think he could do a great job alienating himself even if his beliefs weren't noxious. 

It will be interesting to see if this program actually leads to employment. If Derelict makes himself known as the difficult, high maintenance, disliked by all student I can see church leadership having some misgivings about hiring him. 

30 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

He’s practically doing the splits. Just what the hell Derick.

NIKE!

26 minutes ago, ilikeskittles said:

It looks like Derick is manspreading because he has a car seat between his legs. To me that suggests that Jill & Sam are going too because otherwise he probably wouldn't have dragged that thing in with them.

Is that a car seat? I thought it was a backpack.

It's too bad there isn't a way to change the orange "hot" tag to read "Dumbards being dumb again" for this thread specifically. :pb_lol: 

17 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

NIKE!

I don't want to zoom in. Sometimes I'm glad my tablet is small.:omg:

Can the people of Guadalajara return to sender?

They have beautiful Architecture and Old Churches there, I hope the group gets to enjoy some of it without someone running his big mouth.

I really hope Jill’s attempt to fit in goes something like Betty’s first day at Mode in Ugly Betty

Spoiler

ugly-betty-poncho_glamour_10feb14_getty_

ETA: Except Betty is nice, accepting of others, and works hard to succeed...

47 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Is that a car seat? I thought it was a backpack.

It's too bad there isn't a way to change the orange "hot" tag to read "Dumbards being dumb again" for this thread specifically. :pb_lol: 

Oo, you could be right. I can't zoom in any further, so I can't tell! It did strike me as odd that they would shell out the extra money for an actual seat for Sam when he is still eligible to be a lap child.

29 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Is Izzy wearing a leopard-print snuggie in that instagram pic? :confusion-shrug::laughing-rollingred:

I thought it looked like a cover-up for haircuts. I supposed Jill had just trimmed his hair, and i wondered why no one took the cape off before they took the pic.

2 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I thought it looked like a cover-up for haircuts. I supposed Jill had just trimmed his hair, and i wondered why no one took the cape off before they took the pic.

Jill’s holding a comb and scissors, I assume that she’s going for a cutesy spontaneous  ‘the Tuttle twins are teaching my toddler while I give him a trim’ shot. 

That Cross Church picture is weird. They look totally out of place. All the others seem like a group but Derick and Jill practically look photoshopped in. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived