IGNORED

Dillards 53: Making Assumptions and Indoctrinating the Children

Jellybean

FINALLY CAUGHT UP!!!

Re the conversation last thread about my friend’s wedding: My dress was navy/marine blue. I didn’t get a chance to tell the bride about how much I missed all of you, and that I was falling desperately behind on the Dullards because Derdick went off his rocker again. And sadly I didn’t have a mustard cardigan to cover up my defrauding shoulders.

I didn’t drop into Jeremy's church, but I did think about the horror of running into him or a Duggar. Funny story: On the way to the wedding venue with 2 of the other bridesmaids we drove by a large southern baptist church and plot of land. One of the bridesmaids wondered, “Is that some sort of commune or cult? I kinda want to check it out but I’m worried they’d never let us leave.”

On 3/12/2018 at 10:02 PM, artdecades said:

I really don’t think Jill has the critical thinking skills to understand why the books are racist and anti-Semitic. 

I doubt she has the critical thinking skills, but if she did, would she even care about the racism and anti-Semitism? 

On 3/15/2018 at 9:12 AM, Drala said:

One of the issues with Medicaid is that it is a state-administered program.  This means that eligibility rules and benefits vary from state to state.  The federal side of the program says,  the states CAN authorize coverage of X, Y or Z  benefits, but the states get to decide whether X, Y or Z benefits coverage actually goes into effect. 

-snip-

States also vary in how effectively and efficiently they administer their Medicaid programs.  A state may authorize a certain benefit under Medicaid  and simultaneously make it extremely difficult to access.  They do this through the use of bureaucratic regulations and failure to  train benefits counselors in how to interpret the regulations.  (That's what I've observed in my state.) 

Exactly. For example, most states offer Medicaid coverage for certain autism therapies. However, some states cover more than others. In Texas, they limit the number of children who can recieve applied behavior analysis therapy (one of the major proven therapies) to 22,000 for the ENTIRE state. They also only pay a fraction of the cost, and cover less than the recommended hours per week. https://www.mystatesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/why-the-best-autism-treatment-out-reach-for-poor-texas-families/GuFIinuHOpjgyyXT8lhymI/

Some families have to sell their homes to pay for therapy. But in another state, they get far more coverage. It’s bull. 

On 3/15/2018 at 3:04 PM, littlemommy said:

I agree.

I kept trying to make a pun or a joke involving "the Boob" and biting the hand that feeds you, but then I got tangled up in "Don't bite the Boob that feeds you" and I had to show myself out. 

Well, that’s good advise for babies.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:37 PM, metheglyn said:

As a side note, did we know that Cathy spent 17 years working as an accountant then inventory coordinator (etc.) for Walmart and then Sam's Club? I certainly missed that: http://www.treehss.com/team/cathy-dillard-bryum/ I wonder if that is related to how Derrick got the accounting job at Walmart in the first place?

So that’s who baby Sam is named after!! Can’t you see Derdick going to Sam’s Club and demanding that all his groceries should be free because he named his child after th establishment? He VOLUNTEERED to make his child free advertisement for them, so they really should compensate him for it. 

22 hours ago, patsymae said:

I had a dentist who didn't give me any anesthesia and told me to shut up when I yelped in pain; I was lucky the government was letting me go to the dentist at all.

Is your dentist my former dentist? He told me to “stop flinching.” Then take your ducking drill out of my mouth, asshole.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also thank you for the advise about dealing with family members with dementia. My family has been dealing with that with my grandmother. It’s been getting worse (the other day she forgot my dad has children), but then the next day she as able to remember our names. Some days are better than others. She’s in an assisted living home, and I don’t know at what point she’d have to go to a full scale nursing home. The home she’s at is private and has associated independent living (where she used to live), assisted living, and a nursing facility. In January she was feeling lightheaded so my uncle told her to call the nurse, and she said there are no nurses. There are, it’s why she’s there. Then my uncle told her to press the call button, and she said there is no call button. There is, she wears it around her neck. All the residents at all the facilities do. And it’s just like, what’s the use of her having the care she needs available if she doesn’t remember she has it?

She’s also always been passive aggressive, but she’s become so nasty that it’s hard to visit/talk to her. My dad finally lost his cool because she keeps going on about how my mom and aunt want her dead so they can get her jewelry, and other awful things.

39 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Jill would like you to help Derick...I mean Izzy win $350.

BFA994B3-BC9A-40B0-852C-07CF6DBC5918.jpeg

People in the FB comments are really upset that Jill is allowed to participate as  a public figure, and the author (being big on the free market) just keeps saying that it’s a fair game contest to everyone.

Also, I was scrolling through the pictures and had 2 observations:

1. Almost all of the other applicants’ pictures are cleverly staged in some way, and almost none feature the parents. So Jill’s grainy selfie actually seems kind of subpar considering it’s most likely going to win. I will say Izzy looks very cute though.

2. There’s a photo in the entries featuring a child reading one of the books, holding a gun, with a bear skin hanging on the wall behind him. 

The Tuttle Twins author was on Jill’s Instagram when she first posted the pic and was lapping up all of the attention in the comments. 

The fine print of the photo contest-

You agree that, by submitting an entry in this contest you will be bound by these Official Rules and you acknowledge that you release all rights to photos uploaded, and your name, for general viewing and marketing use by Libertas Institute.

If you look at the Tuttle Twins website and hover over "The Law" book the site has already began using the Dillard's photo to advertise the product.

So basically the company just got the right to use the Duggar name and likeness as a celebrity endorsement indefinitely for a $350 Amazon gift card.   Cheap! I bet Jim Bob just hit the roof she is diluting their brand for something so insignificant and for someone who has completely different beliefs then them. 

ETA:  There is no guarantee she will win, her fans are as lazy as Derick and don't realize they aren't liking the correct post!! :pb_lol:  if the other 89 families rally to beat her, which is what the chatter on FB is suggesting, she essentially gave a celebrity endorsement FOR NOTHING.

5 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

The Tuttle Twins author was on Jill’s Instagram when she first posted the pic and was lapping up all of the attention in the comments. 

Did anyone call him out as being halfway to being a Nazi?   Damn shame I don't have an Instagram account. The world needs to know what kind of anti-semitic, anti-American trash the Dillards are peddling.

Yeah, I noticed the author was all over the comments section of the original Instagram post on these books. I think this is the third post about them in a week. I don't know how promo or advertising works on instagram though to know if that counts or not.

Derrick's ego will be needing another #besthubbyever #bestpapaever soon.

1 hour ago, Fjrocks said:

The fine print of the photo contest-

You agree that, by submitting an entry in this contest you will be bound by these Official Rules and you acknowledge that you release all rights to photos uploaded, and your name, for general viewing and marketing use by Libertas Institute.

If you look at the Tuttle Twins website and hover over "The Law" book the site has already began using the Dillard's photo to advertise the product.

So basically the company just got the right to use the Duggar name and likeness as a celebrity endorsement indefinitely for a $350 Amazon gift card.   Cheap! I bet Jim Bob just hit the roof she is diluting their brand for something so insignificant and for someone who has completely different beliefs then them. 

I don’t think Boyack’s political beliefs are that different from the Duggars and that’s what matters. Boyack seems to believe in this bizarre amalgamation of economic liberalism and social authoritarianism, as do the Duggars. I think they’ll gladly give his Mormonism a pass as long as Boyack genuflects before the trinity of small government (except when it comes to the military or prison industrial complexes), patriarchy, and screw everyone, I’ve got mine.

3 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Jill would like you to help Derick...I mean Izzy win $350.

BFA994B3-BC9A-40B0-852C-07CF6DBC5918.jpeg

Sam in the background, half cut off, plotting his escape is my favourite thing ever! :D

I think we will never know if Jesus and Mary were married.  I like to think they were.  There are lots of arguments for and against on the interweb.

29 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Okay so does anyone have thoughts on Jesus being married to Mary Magdalyn?

The book I mentioned way back in the thread brought that up, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to consider.  She's named dropped an awful lot for someone who really didn't have any reason to be stuck in there.  If she was just a random woman who was healed and followed Jesus around, would she be mentioned so often?

41 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Okay so does anyone have thoughts on Jesus being married to Mary Magdalyn?

I think so. Another poster provided a link on ancient Jewish life/marriage, and it would have been abnormal for him not to have been married at that age in that time period. Rabbis and scholars have been (and still still are to some extent) expected to be married and have families. It’s the whole, “be fruitful and multiply” thing. There is no concept in Judaism of lifelong celibacy = holiness. Having children and continuing the faith is a Mitzvah. I just can’t see a single man in that time period having a following. And wasn’t the whole Mary Magdalene being a sex worker thing invented centuries later by a bunch of mysoginist dudes? I agree with @Nargus that she is the candidate for Jesus’ wife since she’s mentioned so much. 

I just wanted to add that people like Derdick make me want to sell bumper stickers and t-shirts that say, “Jesus thinks your an asshole.” There’s no way Jesus would want people to be so cruel, judgemental, and selfish in his name. 

15 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I think so. Another poster provided a link on ancient Jewish life/marriage, and it would have been abnormal for him not to have been married at that age in that time period. Rabbis and scholars have been (and still still are to some extent) expected to be married and have families. It’s the whole, “be fruitful and multiply” thing. There is no concept in Judaism of lifelong celibacy = holiness. Having children and continuing the faith is a Mitzvah. I just can’t see a single man in that time period having a following. And wasn’t the whole Mary Magdalene being a sex worker thing invented centuries later by a bunch of mysoginist dudes? I agree with @Nargus that she is the candidate for Jesus’ wife since she’s mentioned so much. 

I think early Christianity started with the celibacy = holiness.  God isn't a sexual being so in order to be 'Christ-like' you also have to be non-sexual. 

But people forget that Jesus was a young Jewish man.  It was those who came after him who created Christianity as we know it based around him. So it makes sense that they would have wanted to portray him in a certain way, and having a wife is too 'normal'.  Average Joes have wives, we're talking about JESUS!

Also, I agree @HarryPotterFan that Jesus would likely be very, very disappointed with quite a few of the people that are horrible in his name.

I wonder how Derick would react if someone pointed out that views on Gd or a god being a sexual being or not depends on your particular religion and belief system. For example, Zeus. He’d probably just say people who believed in Zeus were just lost though.

Derick does know the new testament isn't word for word how Jesus lives right?

we were taught it was possible Jesus had a wife and child... 

Also that the Bible is open to interpretation.

15 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Derick does know the new testament isn't word for word how Jesus lives right?

we were taught it was possible Jesus had a wife and child... 

Also that the Bible is open to interpretation.

Seeing how he doesn't seem to even know what Jesus's actual teachings were I'm going with no.    

Looks like Derelict is off to Guadalajara. Not sure if Jill and Sammy are also going or if she's just seeing him off. 

eta: This is from a fundraiser's page. I don't think Jill is really permitted to go. 

Join us as we help our former staff member Julio Arriola plant a church in Guadalajara, Mexico! Guadalajara is a major city in Mexico with a large university student population. The week will be filled with street evangelism and building relationships to share the gospel. The week will also involve helping the Arriolas with strategy to help their church launch in the fall. Come join us over Spring Break in Mexico! This trip is geared specifically for C3 students!

4 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don’t think Boyack’s political beliefs are that different from the Duggars and that’s what matters. Boyack seems to believe in this bizarre amalgamation of economic liberalism and social authoritarianism, as do the Duggars. I think they’ll gladly give his Mormonism a pass as long as Boyack genuflects before the trinity of small government (except when it comes to the military or prison industrial complexes), patriarchy, and screw everyone, I’ve got mine.

I disagree in part. Boyack has publically stated that he doesn't salute the flag (http://www.connorboyack.com/blog/why-i-do-not-pledge-allegiance-to-the-flag); the Duggars love to carry on about how patriotic they are. Boyack is also a self proclaimed anarchist. Boyack also hates the State of Israel (google his name and "Israel")-- the Dillards seem to love the State of Israel, down to Derick wearing a IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) tshirt. Boyack may not think he's an anti-semite--but his use of anti-semitic symbols in his books say otherwise.

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I disagree in part. Boyack has publically stated that he doesn't salute the flag (http://www.connorboyack.com/blog/why-i-do-not-pledge-allegiance-to-the-flag); the Duggars love to carry on about how patriotic they are. Boyack is also a self proclaimed anarchist. Boyack also hates the State of Israel (google his name and "Israel")-- the Dillards seem to love the State of Israel, down to Derick wearing a IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) tshirt. Boyack may not think he's an anti-semite--but his use of anti-semitic symbols in his books say otherwise.

I guess the question is what practices or beliefs do the Duggars borg consider to be non-negotiable? Their willingness to go all in for Trump suggests it’s not religion, spousal fidelity, or “character.” Their god-country-guns version of patriotism isn’t a deal breaker not is being a Protestant Christian if they’re shilling for Conner Boyack. All this suggests that the only things that are really non-negotiable are opposition to abortion and birth control and a passionate love of extreme free market capitalism as the only “godly” form of economics.

Omg Jill no one is going to steal your wanker husband. You can release the leg grip.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived