IGNORED

Dillards 53: Making Assumptions and Indoctrinating the Children

Jellybean

This thread drift hits home for me. I had two grandparents deal with dementia. One of them (grandpa) thought i was my dad's girlfriend the last time i saw him alive.

It was hard watching him relive the last 5 minutes & visually see him get frustrated when he couldn't keep up with conversation. He had a nasty fall where his mobility was taken away from him. Within days of getting him set up back at home, I had an aunt who worked in a hospice for a while & she made a comment that the majority of Alzheimer's patients who have a tragic fall where they lose their mobility, die within three months. Something about the loss of movement dramatically increases the disease's progression. And he did--- just shy of three months.

It's such a heartbreaking disease.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kachuu said:

This thread drift hits home for me. I had two grandparents deal with dementia. One of them (grandpa) thought i was my dad's girlfriend the last time i saw him alive.

It was hard watching him relive the last 5 minutes & visually see him get frustrated when he couldn't keep up with conversation. He had a nasty fall where his mobility was taken away from him. Within days of getting him set up back at home, I had an aunt who worked in a hospice for a while & she made a comment that the majority of Alzheimer's patients who have a tragic fall where they lose their mobility, die within three months. Something about the loss of movement dramatically increases the disease's progression. And he did--- just shy of three months.

It's such a heartbreaking disease.

there was a woman at the nursing home who used to walk around all the time. She never really communicated though. Gorgeous woman, mother of 12 children, husband came often to take her out. One time I saw them leaving and she had on a fringe leather jacket with matching boots.... one day she was in a wheelchair then we didn't see her anymore. She passed only a couple of months after she was moved. 

On 3/14/2018 at 10:20 PM, RainbowSky said:

Probably from people like the bitch dentist that my stepkids  go to.

She literally called herself a saint for working on the Medicaid kids.

I found a new dentist for my kids. He takes the time to tell them what he's doing and make sure they ask questions if they even look a little like they're not 100% sure they understand etc.

I had a dentist who didn't give me any anesthesia and told me to shut up when I yelped in pain; I was lucky the government was letting me go to the dentist at all.

I also have several cousins who are nurses and/or administrators in nursing homes and acute care facilities, and they are very open in their contempt of people with no money, and how dare someone mooching off the government ask for anything, and when I asked, yes, absolutely people should be treated differently depending on how much money they have or don't have.
So yeah, it can matter. A lot.

3 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I had a dentist who didn't give me any anesthesia and told me to shut up when I yelped in pain; I was lucky the government was letting me go to the dentist at all.

I also have several cousins who are nurses and/or administrators in nursing homes and acute care facilities, and they are very open in their contempt of people with no money, and how dare someone mooching off the government ask for anything, and when I asked, yes, absolutely people should be treated differently depending on how much money they have or don't have.
So yeah, it can matter. A lot.

That makes me angry.  Everyone deserves to be treated fairly. 

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I went to public schools for a while in Arkansas. God and Jesus and bible stuff were EVERYWHERE. There was a daily bible verse read over the intercom every morning, along with a Christian prayer before any football game.

Prayer before football games that would have went down a treat last Sunday in Glasgow, when Rangers played Celtic.

Whoa! the tuttle pantry where zombies from the Apocalypse come looking for food and the "good" people hand out jars freely without being taxed:

What happens when the entire population of Flint, MI, shows up asking for clean water for their entire city? What happens when the entire population of Puerto Rico and the USVI, American citizens all, shows up asking for generators and medicine? What happens when the entire population of Miami shows up and asks for the steel, workers and expertise needed to keep bridges from collapsing and killing innocent people? What happens when the nice white people show up asking for a cure for their children who have been exposed to deadly diseases by the subhumans who weren't vaccinated?
Do the Tuttles have all of the solutions in their pantry?

I was really hoping to go to my deathbed without having to read Derick tweeting about virginity. But no...

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I was really hoping to go to my deathbed without having to read Derick tweeting about virginity. But no...

Somebody send him a DVD of The Last Temptation of Christ. 

Btw, I'm not trying to offend anyone but D-Wreck.

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Dear God he's stupid. She's saying, 'You are a man and had no sexual experience until fairly recently, therefore what business do you have dictating what happens to my uterus?' And he fires back with, 'Jesus was a virgin and we base our calendar on him.' Oh my God. He should have just not responded. Now he looks like an utter fool. What is wrong with this dude?

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

what did he do now?  Can someone link to it? or copy it so he doesn't get hits?

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And he fires back with, 'Jesus was a virgin and we base our calendar on him.' Oh my God. He should have just not responded. Now he looks like an utter fool. What is wrong with this dude?

Why can this man not step away from the Twitter? Why Rufus, why???

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Dear God he's stupid. She's saying, 'You are a man and had no sexual experience until fairly recently, therefore what business do you have dictating what happens to my uterus?' And he fires back with, 'Jesus was a virgin and we base our calendar on him.' Oh my God. He should have just not responded. Now he looks like an utter fool. What is wrong with this dude?

"Hello, my name is Derick Dillard, and I just forgot all about the Roman empire even though they're a major part of my beloved New Testament."

The whole anno domini thing comes from a guy who was re-doing the Easter table because he didn't want Diocletian involved anymore.  He made a remark of it being 525 years since the incarnation of Jesus, which may or may not have meant his birth, and here we are.

We never BASED our calendar on Jesus, we made a calendar, revised it, and then made a comment about how it related to Jesus as a REFERENCE POINT that would be understood by the majority of people to help them conceptualize the change.  

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Plenty wrong with that dude. He reminds of internet trolls.

Also, I would like to point out that the question is SPECIFICALLY whether people with limited knowledge of uteruses should be involved in making policy decisions about them.

Jesus, being God, would have had an incredible knowledge of uteruses thanks to the fact that He made them.  HE would not need sexual experience to understand the female reproductive system.  So his virginity would not be relevant, like it is for Derick.  Similarly, a doctor may be a virgin and still have very valuable input regarding female reproductive organs.  

Also, being God, Jesus would have been neither truly/exclusively male nor female...but I digress. I don't think we need to blow Derick's mind with the fact that a pure embodiment of an essentially pan-gendered Divine theologically COULD NOT subscribe to the gender binary.  

It should be noted that I do not remember any passage in the Bible that makes the claim that Jesus was a virgin.   Jesus' sexual history is not mentioned.  He might have been sleeping with lots of women.  We don't know.  It's not discussed. Celibacy may have been part of his ministry years perhaps, but he was pretty old when those began.  Pre-baptism, he may have had sexual encounters.  He certainly had plenty of time for it.  He could even have been married.  WE DON'T KNOW because the Bible is silent.

Finally, since this is specifically about uteruses, I would like to note to Mr. Dillard that my uterus has a calendar.  Spoiler alert: it doesn't run on Jesus.  

10 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Also, I would like to point out that the question is SPECIFICALLY whether people with limited knowledge of uteruses should be involved in making policy decisions about them.

Jesus, being God, would have had an incredible knowledge of uteruses thanks to the fact that He made them.  HE would not need sexual experience to understand the female reproductive system.  So his virginity would not be relevant, like it is for Derick.  Similarly, a doctor may be a virgin and still have very valuable input regarding female reproductive organs.  

Also, being God, Jesus would have been neither truly/exclusively male nor female...but I digress. I don't think we need to blow Derick's mind with the fact that a pure embodiment of an essentially pan-gendered Divine theologically COULD NOT subscribe to the gender binary.  

It should be noted that I do not remember any passage in the Bible that makes the claim that Jesus was a virgin.   Jesus' sexual history is not mentioned.  He might have been sleeping with lots of women.  We don't know.  It's not discussed. Celibacy may have been part of his ministry years perhaps, but he was pretty old when those began.  Pre-baptism, he may have had sexual encounters.  He certainly had plenty of time for it.  He could even have been married.  WE DON'T KNOW because the Bible is silent.

Finally, since this is specifically about uteruses, I would like to note to Mr. Dillard that my uterus has a calendar.  Spoiler alert: it doesn't run on Jesus.  

I love you

Jesus was a virgin?  Really?   How do they know this?  I know fundies believe this , but why.  Yeah I know "better to marry than burn" but Jesus never said it. That Paul dude said it and He was nuts about a lot of stuff.  What it Jesus wasn't a virgin?  I mean really! So what!    STFU Derick

4 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Jesus was a virgin?  Really?   How do they know this?  I know fundies believe this , but why.  Yeah I know "better to marry than burn" but Jesus never said it. That Paul dude said it and He was nuts about a lot of stuff.  What it Jesus wasn't a virgin?  I mean really! So what!    STFU Derick

Jesus was never married because the Bible never said he was married, sex outside of marriage is a sin, and Jesus lived a sinless life, so therefore he never had sex.

I mean, the idea that Jesus was a virgin is at least logically consistent - the funniest thing to me is the "biblical literalists" who claim that Jesus turned water into GRAPE JUICE when the Bible, which they claim to take literally, specifically says that he turned water into wine. Well, if he turned water into grape juice even though the Bible said it was wine, maybe he was married and had sex, and the Bible just left that bit out? Derp de derp.

On 3/15/2018 at 11:43 AM, EmmieJ said:

My siblings and I are dealing not with an aged parent with dementia but our youngest sister who has Alzheimer's.  What is a bit frustrating is that it seems like we are on our own trying to figure out what programs might be available to her.  It has even been difficult trying to get someone to help us learn how to try to lift her without hurting ourselves, etc.  We sometimes feel like we are re-inventing the wheel.  surely we are not the first family to have a disabled sibling.

I wanted to let you know if you are on FB, there is a group called Memory People. It was started with by a man with dementia. There are people from all over that post there, it can be a really good resource to get some help. 

50 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Why can this man not step away from the Twitter? Why Rufus, why???

Just emulating his Orange pussy grabbing Savior.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:08 PM, amandaaries said:

Absurd. Amazing to think that ill, elderly people who've worked their whole lives should somehow pick themselves up from their bootstraps. What a fucknugget that friend of a friend is.

I have never understood the 'bootstraps' argument in any case - people work, they pay taxes, they pay their social security etc. Medicaid, benefits or whatever aren't a "handout", they are an entitlement facilitated by all of us, every day. Take your due and be unapologetic about it - that's why it's there. 

And its universality means it covers people who can't, in the moment, pay for it, which is a good thing. 

On 13 March 2018 at 2:40 PM, libgirl2 said:

And we read Thomas the Tank Engine! Oh the shame! 

We read the Horrid Henry books and particularly enjoyed the story about Horrid Henry photocopying his derrière on the copier in his Dad's office. 

Good memories of #1 and #2 growing up!!

57 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Everytime Dwreck tweets, an angel cries.

I'm no angel, so I roll my eyes. :pb_rollseyes:

49 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Just emulating his Orange pussy grabbing Savior.

And the poor dude is in need of attention. Maybe mommy will soon jump in.

1 minute ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I'm no angel, so I roll my eyes. :pb_rollseyes:

And the poor dude is in need of attention. Maybe mommy will soon jump in.

If Cathy starts defending Derick's virginity, I'm done.

We don't know if Jesus was married. Most Jewish men of his age and time were. And if he was, and had sex, so what? Would you stop believing in him, Derick? Honestly, the man makes me crazy.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived