IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

19 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh my!!!!!! It looks like that great review on amazon is gone now. The one where the reviewer said she was banned from Lori's FB for posting scripture.  Do you all think she was threatened and took it down? Or can Lori pull strings and have it removed? Why that review when there are so many negative? Did that reviewer fly too close to the sun?  You can say negative things but don't you dare let people know about how she deletes people. She must have really pissed them off. 

Curiously a 5 star review now takes its place saying instantly after reading her book, her marriage got better! Just like that!! 

I got banned from because of posting scripture too. I need to review. 

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, samurai_sarah said:

My German grandmother married a poor farmer, and our family had never had the money to modernise.

I also had a German grandmother married to a farmer. She had a washing machine but never a dryer. Clothes were hung on the line year-round, even in the winter. She had the hugest garden I've ever seen. My mom and aunts would help her can in the hot kitchen. On chicken butchering day, she processed chickens. When the hogs and steers went to be slaughtered, she made sure there was space in the deep freeze for what she would get. She bought flour, sugar, spices, and dairy (after they stopped their dairy farming, that is), but they grew everything else they needed. Until my mom was in grade school (at a one-room schoolhouse, no less), there was no indoor plumbing or electricity. They had a windmill to bring the water up from the well, but on still days, she used the hand-pump. Even after they had plumbing, anyone who was outside was expected to use the outhouse. An exception was made for women having their periods and for children whose legs were too short to reach the outhouse floor. She made sure it was kept as clean as an outhouse can be.

I have absolutely no memories of my grandmother sitting down, other than these exceptions: at meals (if there were too many people to sit at the table at once, she waited until after the men and children had eaten, on Christmas Eve, and on the days they would drive to pick up the baby chicks that she held on her lap all the way home. 

Every time Lori goes on and on about days of old, I just think of my grandmother and how she would have figured out a way to put even Lori to work on something.

I was just watching Lori's how to make vegetable soup video and she says "You always want to buy corn organic, otherwise it'll be GMO". She sounds so clueless, like she's just completely bought into the whole "organic" fad. She doesn't know what it means at all.

You are going to be amazed by this deletion. Got this like an hour ago. Then I looked again and Lori got rid of Shannon's last comment where she says she is going to look for the verse!  The verse she needs is Luke 10:17.  Lori always has to have the last word.  Looks like she was really afraid Shannon would come back for that verse, so lets pretend she never said that. 

Before:

20180323_150111.thumb.png.6c789e05d9d1b4e8f19bb63122ba100d.png

After:

Spoiler

lorideletingshannon.thumb.PNG.742cdf2610dd6fa0bb7d9fee1a8fc32c.PNG

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh my!!!!!! It looks like that great review on amazon is gone now. The one where the reviewer said she was banned from Lori's FB for posting scripture.  Do you all think she was threatened and took it down?

I don't know, but I do know that Lori knew her name.  She was a poster from Lori's Facebook.  I also know that she planned to contact a person who left a negative Amazon review in the past.  It's highly possible that Lori contacted her.  She has a very threatening manner about her.

Spoiler

I was bossy and controlling.  Ask my sisters.  They will tell you I always got my way.  (This is my official apology, Alisa and Debbi...I am sorry.  Will you forgive me for being such a bossy older sister?)  

When our Homeowners Association wouldn't allow basketball hoops in our driveway, guess who wrote the letter protesting and went around and got all the signatures...Me!  

When the dog below us yapped constantly, guess who called them all the time, left notes on their door, and wrote a letter telling them they better shut that dog up Or Else and got all the neighbors to sign it...Me!  

Ask my children how controlling I was...They had to sneak junk food, so I wouldn't get mad at them.  I think they were actually afraid of me, which I don't necessarily think is bad.

There's no telling what she's say to someone who left her a bad review.  Of course, it doesn't bother her.  Not one little bit.

1 hour ago, saintmom said:

Who feeds grass to their cheese? :D

You don't?  I guess you just don't like eating food God's Ways.  :pb_lol:  

Well, I'm off.  It's almost my cheese's lunch time. I like to stay home with it the way God intended.  Definitely don't want strangers raising my cheese.

Lori has ended three conversations with three different people by saying some variation of "no, there is no verse for this". And I bet at that point she bans the person and moves on. Giving them no chance to present a verse. She has the final word. Lori says there is no verse so there is no verse. 

She now has put Shannon's comment back up (the woman who said she was going to look up a verse). She totally reads here or Ken is and told her to put it back cause of how stupid it makes her look. 

3 hours ago, saintmom said:

Who feeds grass to their cheese? :D

Why only the best cheese keepers! We can't possibly feed our cheeses factory made, cancer causing, chemically processed food. If you did that you'd end up with processed cheese rather than organic and that's just plain awful. Only the best for my cheese. Although I recently bought some organic shredded cheese and was wondering... Do I need to cut the grass up so its easier for my shredded cheese to manage? Or can it eat it whole like a regular block if cheese can? 

I apologize for that bit of crazy. It's been a long week and it made me laugh lol. 

I was also thinking of the Armor of God scripture: 

11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 

13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 

14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 

15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 

16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

The above armor description means war. 

Doesn't sound like we are just supposed to just say, "Please Devil, go away and leave me alone."  No, the Devil goes around like a roaring lion seeking who to devour.  

6 hours ago, Loveday said:

Unfortunately, it's gone beyond that now. It's teens (and some pre-teens) challenging each other on social media to 'eat' the pods. They film the exploit and post it on YouTube. Of course it makes them sick. I think YT has shut the videos down, though, so hopefully the fad has faded by now. 

Still children, albeit older ones.  I don't go on you tube much. 

6 hours ago, EowynW said:

Little kids yea. Teenagers, no. 

I was unaware of teens doing this. Just plain stupid, but unfortunately, teens often do risky things. I'm surprised the pods are still manufactured.

30 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Hahaha not long after I say Lori probably put that comment back up to not look stupid. 

She gloats in her stupidity. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgrNqPghAZ7/?taken-by=thetransformedwife

Next thread title suggestion :"Lori: #1 fool for Christ". She would be honored. 

She's quoting a CATHOLIC!! get the vapors, oh my!

8 hours ago, Loveday said:

Unfortunately, it's gone beyond that now. It's teens (and some pre-teens) challenging each other on social media to 'eat' the pods. They film the exploit and post it on YouTube. Of course it makes them sick. I think YT has shut the videos down, though, so hopefully the fad has faded by now. 

I'm not sure it ever was much of a fad. I'm around teens and pre-teens all the time and have never heard a word about eating Tide Pods. What I actually have seen is Baby Boomers posting crap on social media complaining that teens and pre-teens and possibly Millennials are eating Tide Pods. Endlessly. 

22 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I'm not sure it ever was much of a fad. I'm around teens and pre-teens all the time and have never heard a word about eating Tide Pods. What I actually have seen is Baby Boomers posting crap on social media complaining that teens and pre-teens and possibly Millennials are eating Tide Pods. Endlessly. 

Wait, so it's never really been a thing? I'm genuinely confused now. I need to go off and research this... 

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

Wait, so it's never really been a thing? I'm genuinely confused now. I need to go off and research this... 

Not around here at least. I can't speak for everywhere. But two school districts of teens and tweens and I have yet to hear a word implying anyone has done it or thought about it. 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

Not around here at least. I can't speak for everywhere. But two school districts of teens and tweens and I have yet to hear a word implying anyone has done it or thought about it. 

I hope it's true everywhere. I really haven't delved into the story much since I don't have kids in that age group; I only know what I've seen once or twice on the nightly news. Probably not always the best place to get my information! :?

I just asked my husband, who's a middle school teacher--he says he hasn't heard anything about it going on in our school district, either. Thankfully. 

38 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I have seen those memes quite a bit on Facebook lately and the memes like one below are annoying as fuck especially since they are crapping on the Parkland survivors.

For the past few years, I have gotten sick of some Baby Boomers generalizing teens and millennials just because of news stories and supposed fads.

30xboys.jpg

The more I read about this idiotic woman, the more convinced I am that Lori is mentally ill.

If you go on youtube there are actual videos of stupid kids biting into the pods and immediately looking very ill. There are way more videos of grown people saying it's dumb. It doesn't, however, appear to be anything bordering on a national trend. Thank god.

Unrelated Thoughts:

I once squirted one of those little guys near my eye and it was Awful! The internet is doing weird shit to people.

Lori equated this in some bizarre way with kids turning gay and getting STDs? She can go choke on a tide pod.

@lilwriter85, as a boomer, I am enraged by such posts. I rarely see them on line, because of my handy knack of blocking and unfriending stupid people. This practice has had the side effect of drastically shortening the comments threads on the news stories I get—I’ve managed to weed out so many racists, homophobes, gun nuts, and antifeminists!

My take is a few crazy/stoned/ bored kids did it as a dare, it made local news. Then a few more kids tried it & the name (the Tide pod challenge) was invented. Bingo, it gets reported as a huge trend that many kids were doing when in fact the media created it as a thing. 

A few weeks ago, I asked my eighth grader if she knew anyone doing it. She rolled her eyes & said, “Kids aren’t stupid, you know.”

I'm kinda bummed Lori didn't keep going on about how black people should feel about being black.  I've been so sick with the flu, and bored.  I was all in watching her get her ass handed to her by black women and white women.  All in.  Keep going Lori, please.  That woman is nuckin' futz.

From a Time article I was reading there's been around maybe a 100 total teens intentionally biting into them, I don't think the challenge is to actually eat it (but idk for sure) but far more young people are calling it stupid. It appears to pose a greater risk to children under five and potentially elderly people with dementia. But well Internet and hate for young people make it easy.

As a Millennial, I dislike when they group us together so hatefully. I try hard not to make fun of older generations because I actually respect people. Generally, Millennials just assume that they won't retire, will deal with never ending college debt, and struggle to get a job that matches their education level. Also, I'm gonna guess that it's been a lot of the Millennials that were the ones fighting in the war. But nah we just spend our time eating tide pods and trolling from our parent's basement. This topic is a sore spot for me. Millennials can be so brilliant at coming up with ideas and different ways of doing things. We just often see authority figures as equals and older generations don't tend to like that attitude (generalization I know). I'm surrounded by young people and given the room to grow these people will literally help change the world for good in their own way.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived