IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 6: Now Officially Engaged!

laPapessaGiovanna

Gay men often act more feminine simply because that's how they are, the same as how many (not all) lesbian women cut their hair short and wear clothes that don't fit with the gender stereotype. An overly feminine guy is more likely to be gay, probability speaking, but a guy being feminine does not automatically mean that he is gay. There are plenty of crazy macho gay guys out there and plenty of feminine straight dudes. While it has some validity to it, I truly hate the speculation that some of the Duggar boys are gay simply because they don't behave as your stereotypical macho man would.

You have to keep in mind that they've been raised to be 'Godly' and 'pure.' They're not going to have the same desire to be macho and strong as a lot of other men would, simply because they haven't been exposed to that culture.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss someone speculating on the sexual orientation of a specific Duggar?

26 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Speaking of Marjorie Jackson, she just announced her mom is pregnant with a boy (baby #6). Marjorie is a college sophomore, right? So I think she's 20? So mom is probably 40 or over?

according to the babies by the bushel thread Marjorie's mom is 43

I feel like this is a good time to drop a reminder that speculating about the sexuality of any minor child OR any adult still living at home is against forum rules.

7 minutes ago, Dogalog said:

What's the rush?

well he's already had one failed courtship can't let this one get away now can he. 

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Did I miss someone speculating on the sexual orientation of a specific Duggar?

No. A poster asked when speculation could start, I answered, and a broader conversation has since started. :) 

14 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My question actually stemmed from the quoted post. No one here was speculating to my knowledge.

ETA quoted the wrong post but it stemmed from Georgiana’s first post on this thread.

One of my step fathers was a bi-sexual tranvestite, he was kind, gentle and really smart. He killed himself when I was 10 years old, I was with him when he did it.

I don't believe the closet is a healthy  place to live and people need to know if alternate life styles are going to be seen as normal (and they are) and not a spur of the moment choice. Gaydar is a real thing but can be harmful as opinions and feelings can warp it.  I could write a book!

peace out

OK - I was just wondering because it seemed like there was some sort of disjointment (I make up words) in the posting continuum. lol

20 minutes ago, FundaMental said:

Gay men often act more feminine simply because that's how they are, the same as how many (not all) lesbian women cut their hair short and wear clothes that don't fit with the gender stereotype. 

Yeah, no. :my_rolleyes: I'm plenty gay and my hair is long as hell and I can't get enough of girly crap. Take your stereotypes somewhere else. 

And also, steroptyping crap like this is why a good friend in highschool wasn't allowed to cut her hair or do any guy things. Rumors of her being 'butch' because she liked sports and playing with the boys had reached her parents and they didn't want a gay daughter. This poor girl wasn't allowed to do anything  a boy might do. 

Stepping aside from all the speculation, lets get to the important stuff.

Where's my ring shot? I need a sparkly fix. 

2 hours ago, FundaMental said:

Seriously though - imagine being in a 'relationship' (not much different from friendship with the level of physical contact they bring in) for not even two months and then getting engaged. How any of these fundie girls manage it is beyond me.

And then go a few months later to sharing a BED with this person you haven't EVER been able to be alone with or talk alone with. And have NEVER been able to be alone or talk alone with someone of the opposite sex. And it's for life - it's forever. 

33 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

according to the babies by the bushel thread Marjorie's mom is 43

Crap - so am I.... dear lord.

Just now, Meggo said:

And then go a few months later to sharing a BED with this person you haven't EVER been able to be alone with or talk alone with. And have NEVER been able to be alone or talk alone with someone of the opposite sex. And it's for life - it's forever. 

It would be interesting to know which couple had the worst "rude awakening" when the I do's were over & reality set in.

You know, if the show was honest about those things :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

I think they’ll get married between May 15th-June 15th According to whenever it’s one week past her last menstruation. They really seem to aim for ovulation -time :my_sick:.

I hope (for their sake) that they're super clockwork. When I was 19 - I would have had better luck picking lottery numbers. 

Like many things, I think this is dependant on the person's personality.  Whereas Joy was content to be "livin on love" in the trailer for a few months, I have a hard time seeing Jessa being ok with that type of situation.  

Babies having babies.  

These young brides are making me feel like an old maid.

Sometimes I when I'm feeling lonely from being single I think the Duggar life seems so much easier.
Then I remember I get to have a job, live on my own, choose my own partner, and be my own person.

Anyway, new engagements with these people just make me depressed because I know they mean more babies born into this life.

5 minutes ago, kachuu said:

It would be interesting to know which couple had the worst "rude awakening" when the I do's were over & reality set in.

hmm from what we saw on the show I almost want to say Ben and Jessa of the girls  they wouldn't even kiss in front of every one for the first time and they seem the less touchy feely of the couples. 

Joe and Kendra seem the most comfortable with each other. 

I Hate to see what happened with Josh and Anna on their wedding night after that weird talk from Jim Bob. yuck. 

23 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Yeah, no. :my_rolleyes: I'm plenty gay and my hair is long as hell and I can't get enough of girly crap. Take your stereotypes somewhere else. 

And also, steroptyping crap like this is why a good friend in highschool wasn't allowed to cut her hair or do any guy things. Rumors of her being 'butch' because she liked sports and playing with the boys had reached her parents and they didn't want a gay daughter. This poor girl wasn't allowed to do anything  a boy might do. 

That's EXACTLY why I said later in the post that a lot of them aren't like that, only a few. I was going against the stereotypes, not agreeing with them. Please read the rest of it!

7 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I Hate to see what happened with Josh and Anna on their wedding night after that weird talk from Jim Bob. yuck. 

I picture it a lot like that Virgin show a few years ago where the guy hadn't ever kissed anyone? (or apparently SEEN actual humans kiss because <shudder>)

13 minutes ago, kachuu said:

I would tune in for that episode because they are being honest and real for once.  Plus probably voicing what many others feel but are afraid to say.  

Hell at least in Colonial Times you could lay in the same bed before marriage  with a barrier between you of course and it was perfectly normal.  

I think Gaydar is a real thing. Perhaps it is only real for some people. I believe some people can pick up subtle cues from others and that those cues give them more information than most people have to interpret.

It is absolutely nobody's business as to who is gay; I'm just saying some people can tell.

As an ICU nurse, I    could almost unequivocally tell which patients were going to cause problems during our shift, particularly the night shift. They could be rock stable when I hit the floor, but I would know within a short time who would be crumping by dawn. It was subtle things, you could have called it "intuitiion".. and it may be the same with  gaydar.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived