IGNORED

Children Stacked Like Cordwood: Upcoming Babies 10

Bethella

Rebecca and Steven Loomis have miscarried once again and named the baby Felicity Love.  They said it was so early on that they hadn't told many people but then must have been far enough along to know the sex?? I try not to judge but I will never understand how a woman who clearly has issues with pregnancy and maintaining them continually attempts to get pregnant.  How is that pro-life? How is that healthy for Rebecca?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may not have known the sex and just given the baby a name anyway? Who knows. Fundies are weird. I don’t know about the Loomises so I’m not commenting on the rest of it.

20 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Are these people British? 

Nope. Anna's family has been in Arkansas for at least three generations, and she actually lives in the home she grew up in (the eponymous blog name). However, Anna's husband is German by birth, and still has some family (including his mother, and possibly a sibling) in Germany. 

Were you asking if they were British because of "Giles"? The kids' names that I mentioned in my post are not her actual children's names. She has always used pseudonyms for every member of the family except herself, though she's linked various projects and businesses her children have participated in over the years, so most of their real names are easy to find in a professional capacity. Giles = Gabriel, Felix = Theodore, Clara = Michael, Bella = Annie (probably legally Anna, like her mom), and the much younger baby of the family, Daisy = Margaret.  

They are aren't much discussed here, and other than being homeschooling evangelical baptists, they don't really belong under the same flag as a lot of the families we cover. Anna used to fangirl over the "sound thinking on staying at home" espoused by Lady Lydia the Loon, and she went through a hardcore headship phase where she closed her blog for a few months because "The Composer" (her husband, Hans) told her to pull down a post about a marathon she participated in for privacy concerns.  But, they are very mainstream these days, and her kids seem to have had similar opportunities regardless of gender. Other than Daisy, the kids have had a blend of homeschool and public school education. The eldest three started and finished college early. Bella took a year off to do something, and is still theoretically pursuing her education. Daisy will turn 14 this year, and if she follows in her older siblings' footsteps, she will likely start college prep coursework soon. 

5 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Rebecca and Steven Loomis have miscarried once again and named the baby Felicity Love.  They said it was so early on that they hadn't told many people but then must have been far enough along to know the sex?? I try not to judge but I will never understand how a woman who clearly has issues with pregnancy and maintaining them continually attempts to get pregnant.  How is that pro-life? How is that healthy for Rebecca?

That's a shame. Was REALLY hoping that they'd have the sense to stop after the last child was born alive & healthy. 

And, no, none of this can be healthy, especially for Rebecca.

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

That's a shame. Was REALLY hoping that they'd have the sense to stop after the last child was born alive & healthy. 

And, no, none of this can be healthy, especially for Rebecca.

How many kids do they have now?

29 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I have three written down. Nehemiah, Priscilla, and Hosea. 

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Three living children, with the youngest born last year, but a total number of six or seven pregnancies now.

Rebecca has always had difficult pregnancies which really take a toll on her, not to mention the rest of the family. Why they can't just enjoy the children they have? How is this pro-life or godly?

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Three living children, with the youngest born last year, but a total number of six or seven pregnancies now.

Rebecca has always had difficult pregnancies which really take a toll on her, not to mention the rest of the family. Why they can't just enjoy the children they have? How is this pro-life or godly?

Uhg, that's got to be so hard to go through. I don't get it. Why put yourself and your family through that?

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Uhg, that's got to be so hard to go through. I don't get it. Why put yourself and your family through that?

It’s just one of the many ways their brand of fundie hurts women. I mean, she can’t get her tubes tied. That’s against god. And she has to submit to her husband in the bedroom. So she will just keep getting pregnant and have a high chance of breaking their hearts over and over again. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s just one of the many ways their brand of fundie hurts women. I mean, she can’t get her tubes tied. That’s against god. And she has to submit to her husband in the bedroom. So she will just keep getting pregnant and have a high chance of breaking their hearts over and over again. 

Breaking their hearts and risking her health/life.  Fundie girls don't necessarily think that they have any choice.  All they can do is marry and have babies.

Heidi Daming Hopkins is pregnant with her first, a girl, due October 30th.

Apologies for the double post, but I didn't know where to put this. Recently Sharia Buckingham Hale made a post about having some friends over, and those friends (the Baker family) had 10 kids 11 and under to go with Sharia's 9 kids 11 and under. I looked into it a little bit, and Sarah Baker is also expecting #11, plus #9 and #10 (at least) were Irish twins. My goodness. That's Courtney level fertility.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjVbhIdAN-1/?taken-by=shariahale

9 minutes ago, albireo said:

Apologies for the double post, but I didn't know where to put this. Recently Sharia Buckingham Hale made a post about having some friends over, and those friends (the Baker family) had 10 kids 11 and under to go with Sharia's 9 kids 11 and under. I looked into it a little bit, and Sarah Baker is also expecting #11, plus #9 and #10 (at least) were Irish twins. My goodness. That's Courtney level fertility.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjVbhIdAN-1/?taken-by=shariahale

I saw that too! I can’t believe they had 19 children 11 and under in one house. That noise level would drive me crazy! 

@luv2laugh They live in Alaska and her husband's name is Jason. She's 31 and he's 35. They're friends of the Buckinghales, obsess over essential oils, and that's all I know.

3 minutes ago, albireo said:

@luv2laugh They live in Alaska and her husband's name is Jason. She's 31 and he's 35. They're friends of the Buckinghales, obsess over essential oils, and that's all I know.

I cannot believe she is ONLY 31 with 11 kids? How is that even possible? She still has another 10 years of fertility and could easily beat Michelle Duggar and Kelly Bates. I do have mutual friends with her.

14 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I cannot believe she is 31 with 11 kids? How is that even possible? She still has another 10 years of fertility and could easily beat Michelle Duggar and Kelly Bates. I do have mutual friends with her.

Young marriage. I think she was 18 when they got married?

Also, looks like they're trying to be missionaries to Alaska? Very Buckinghale-esque. https://www.facebook.com/followthebakers/

19 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I cannot believe she is ONLY 31 with 11 kids? How is that even possible? She still has another 10 years of fertility and could easily beat Michelle Duggar and Kelly Bates. I do have mutual friends with her.

She could even beat Sue Radford.

31 and 11 kids? Damn. High fertility can really burden in their world. 

Kelly Bates was 34 when she had her 11th and Michelle Duggar was 32 when she had number 11. Number 10 and 11 were her 2nd set of twins though.

I should say, #11 is in utero and I think pretty early along. She announced a little over a month ago, so she may be 32 when she actually has #11. However, looking through her posts one of her pregnancies may have been a twin pregnancy where only one survived.

Anyway, a lot of kids. Her insta is private and mostly kid, pet, home stuff. Her Facebook is public to anyone with an account and full of YL oils and really nasty anti-abortion messaging. Just a reminder, because these people are usually full of yikes.

8 hours ago, albireo said:

I should say, #11 is in utero and I think pretty early along. She announced a little over a month ago, so she may be 32 when she actually has #11. However, looking through her posts one of her pregnancies may have been a twin pregnancy where only one survived.

Anyway, a lot of kids. Her insta is private and mostly kid, pet, home stuff. Her Facebook is public to anyone with an account and full of YL oils and really nasty anti-abortion messaging. Just a reminder, because these people are usually full of yikes.

Well if she’s had one set of twins that were fraternal, it’s possible she will have another in the next decade. She could definitely beat Kelly and Michelle if she has another set.

24 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

nice name though poor kid can't even get anything his own since he is already sharing both names with cousins. I have a name like that and always hated it. 

He's cute - looks like the Duggar side. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

nice name though poor kid can't even get anything his own since he is already sharing both names with cousins. I have a name like that and always hated it. 

To be fair, Garrett is Joseph's middle name, and it's not being used as a first name by anyone else. I think with Mason's middle name, was a sop to Joseph because of how badly Joseph took Josh's scandals and because Mason was born so close to Joseph's wedding. And David is only being used as a middle, which I isn't uncommon in some families. My mom's side has two common middle names for girls. 

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived