IGNORED

Children Stacked Like Cordwood: Upcoming Babies 10

Bethella

On 6/7/2018 at 3:45 PM, albireo said:

Young marriage. I think she was 18 when they got married?

Also, looks like they're trying to be missionaries to Alaska? Very Buckinghale-esque. https://www.facebook.com/followthebakers/

Anyone else think this family needs their own thread?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bakers to Alaska

Everyone, please feel free to start threads when topics like this come along!  Thank you!

33 minutes ago, WhiteRun said:

Courtney had baby #9. Born at 12:15am today , weighing 7lb 10oz and 19in long. 

She said this was her first to be born on their due date. Let’s hope this trend keeps up. I know she had some premature babies. 

37 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Wonder what they will call her. 

I’m dying to know too. The other two girls are Callie and Calena. I’m hoping the next is Cora but I bet it will be Callista.

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m dying to know too. The other two girls are Callie and Calena. I’m hoping the next is Cora but I bet it will be Callista.

Those are nice names I wonder if she will pick of them. 

I keep thinking that Courtney will run out of names one of these days.  I don't see her stopping having babies until she ages out of fertile years.  She did say that this is the first one born on the due date, I'm wondering if she maybe had a c-section? That can affect the number of pregnancies.  As many times as she's been pregnant, and as short a time between pregnancies as she has, her health must be very delicate.

13 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Wonder what they will call her. 

Lately she only refers to the kids by their birth order. I have a feeling she won't be sharing the name of the newest blessing.

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Lately she only refers to the kids by their birth order. I have a feeling she won't be sharing the name of the newest blessing.

I've been having that feeling, too. Boo. 

I would love for her to stop the C-thing and just give her kids from now on normal names. But at the same time I don't want her future babies to feel left out.

Sarah O'Neill from heartsdesire had her sixth, Eleanor Hope on June 9. She was a big baby, 10lbs 7 oz, born at home.

1 minute ago, hasunah said:

So when are we expecting Courtney to announce number 10 ? September, October ?

Her current average between children is 14 months (although that includes a miscarriage). Based on that I'd predict baby 10 in August 2019. Assuming I'm right, I wouldn't expect an announcement until early 2019.

I hope she has a little more space between Baby #9 and Baby #10, but I imagine #10 will come before her 11th wedding anniversary. 

16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I hope she has a little more space between Baby #9 and Baby #10, but I imagine #10 will come before her 11th wedding anniversary. 

16 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I wish that Courtney would give her body a break. 

I agree with both of you, but at the same time I'm thinking that IF anybody seems to be made for this lifestyle it is Courtney. She really seems to thrive and having so many kiddos seems to suit her. I know, I know, social media can be deceiving, but it's a feeling I have developed about her over the years. This lifestyle is of course still damaging to her and her kids!! 

Deborah (Smith) Hale is expecting her second. Big sister Caitlyn will turn one next month, I think.

53 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Deborah (Smith) Hale is expecting her second. Big sister Caitlyn will turn one next month, I think.

Close, in August 14th

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

I’m not too worried she will end up with 11 Smiths. She got married a little later than most fundies so she may not have enough time to make it to 11. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not too worried she will end up with 11 Smiths. She got married a little later than most fundies so she may not have enough time to make it to 11. 

Isn't she only in her mid 20's? Maybe you're thinking of her sister Amanda who got married a few months before her. Courtney similarly married at 24 and already has 9 at 34. You never know.

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Isn't she only in her mid 20's? Maybe you're thinking of her sister Amanda who got married a few months before her. Courtney similarly married at 24 and already has 9 at 34. You never know.

Someone has her listed as December of 1989 being her year of birth. If so, she is currently 28.5. Still young enough to have a bunch, but it’s hard to squeeze in that many kids when you get a bit of a late start. 

I'm not surprised that Deborah's having a second child, especially now that her first is almost a year old, but what is honestly surprising is that there haven't been more Smith grandchildren than just the (to be) current six right now. Anna I know can't have any besides her two, but apparently, Melissa hasn't had more than Hugh and Katherine. Amanda and Russell haven't had any. (not that Russell really needs to be dealing with his own tots at that age) David and Rachel have been married since 2014 and they haven't had any, either, and I'm not going to assume that any of them are actively preventing.

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived