IGNORED

Children Stacked Like Cordwood: Upcoming Babies 10

Bethella

3 hours ago, AliC said:

I'm not surprised that Deborah's having a second child, especially now that her first is almost a year old, but what is honestly surprising is that there haven't been more Smith grandchildren than just the (to be) current six right now. Anna I know can't have any besides her two, but apparently, Melissa hasn't had more than Hugh and Katherine. Amanda and Russell haven't had any. (not that Russell really needs to be dealing with his own tots at that age) David and Rachel have been married since 2014 and they haven't had any, either, and I'm not going to assume that any of them are actively preventing.

People often don’t realize that male fertility goes down with age too. So it’s starting to look like Amanda won’t be having any children. And if they do, it definitely won’t be a large number. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, AliC said:

I'm not surprised that Deborah's having a second child, especially now that her first is almost a year old, but what is honestly surprising is that there haven't been more Smith grandchildren than just the (to be) current six right now. Anna I know can't have any besides her two, but apparently, Melissa hasn't had more than Hugh and Katherine. Amanda and Russell haven't had any. (not that Russell really needs to be dealing with his own tots at that age) David and Rachel have been married since 2014 and they haven't had any, either, and I'm not going to assume that any of them are actively preventing.

Some people don’t wanna have kids.....I’m one of those people. ;)

13 minutes ago, DavidJSmith said:

I don’t blame you. Kids are a crazy amount of work. 

1 hour ago, DavidJSmith said:

Can't blame you there. I've decided a while back that being an aunt to my brother's kids, an honorary aunt to my friends' children and being a pet parent has well fulfilled any motherly urges I might have! lol

I wonder if Amanda really didn't want that many and so Russell's age makes it a covenient reason why they won't have many, but then I wonder too that they see their mothers/friends give birth well into their forties and so they just think it won't be an issue. I mean, they really TRULY believe God is up there opening and closing wombs so do they accept that theirs isn't opening?  Do we know the official ages of Amanda and Russell now?

2 hours ago, DavidJSmith said:

Is your wife also one of those people? Obviously you don't have to answer but I was just curious. 

21 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

I wonder if Amanda really didn't want that many and so Russell's age makes it a covenient reason why they won't have many, but then I wonder too that they see their mothers/friends give birth well into their forties and so they just think it won't be an issue. I mean, they really TRULY believe God is up there opening and closing wombs so do they accept that theirs isn't opening?  Do we know the official ages of Amanda and Russell now?

David could probably answer better but I believe Amanda is mid 30s and Russell is in his 60s. 

3 hours ago, teachergirl said:

Amanda is 36 (or will turn 36 by the end of the year). I don't have an exact age on Russell but guesses from various sources put him between 60 and 66. 

16 hours ago, AliC said:

Can't blame you there. I've decided a while back that being an aunt to my brother's kids, an honorary aunt to my friends' children and being a pet parent has well fulfilled any motherly urges I might have! lol

I told my mom that all she was getting was grandcats.  She was fine with it. :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, smittykins said:

I told my mom that all she was getting was grandcats.  She was fine with it. :pb_lol:

I have a grandcat and I'm happy with that. I don't think we will have human grandkids, they will probably all have fur and 4 legs.

@Bethella She had a baby boy on 2nd June, named after his father and grandfather.  Kary Bernard Collier III. Although he’s going by his middle name Bernard. 

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Kimberly Palazzolo had Alyssa Lauren on June 9th

Look at that hair! :5624795ee9ceb_32(37):A newborn with tons of hair is one of the very few things that will make my ovaries ache. 

2E696188-BD5C-4D06-8EC8-D00CC7609D2E.png

Cade? Where do the get that from in his formal name? At least Carson seemsnlike it comes from his formal name.

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

Cade? Where do the get that from in his formal name? At least Carson seemsnlike it comes from his formal name.

it's strange the only letter it has in common with the formal name is the E. odd. 

If you want to call him Cade then just name him Cade for fucks sake! This is almost as bad as Spurgeon. 

There are so many nicknames different from Bobby. 

Robby, Rob, Bob, Bert, Bo, Ellis, El, and even Four would make more sense than Cade! I just can’t with these fundies.

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you want to call him Cade then just name him Cade for fucks sake! This is almost as bad as Spurgeon. 

I think they wanted to name him Cade but didn't want to break the tradition. I can see it in a weird way. at least the kid can go by Cade Robert (Any nickname for Robert) or Ellis but Spurgeon well I guess he could go by Elliot is still forever stuck as Spurgeon and his paretns call him Spurg  and Spurgie  so he's just screwed. poor kid. 

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think they wanted to name him Cade but didn't want to break the tradition. I can see it in a weird way. at least the kid can go by Cade Robert (Any nickname for Robert) or Ellis but Spurgeon well I guess he could go by Elliot is still forever stuck as Spurgeon and his paretns call him Spurg  and Spurgie  so he's just screwed. poor kid. 

But they know they will have plenty more kids. So I’m sure they will have a chance to use Cade at some point. If they were only having one child you would have a point. But we know they will have more than average. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But they know they will have plenty more kids. So I’m sure they will have a chance to use Cade at some point. If they were only having one child you would have a point. But we know they will have more than average. 

As someone on the Tori and Bobby thread said this was probably two fold compromise.  1 Tori wanted Cade but had to give in to the family tradition and 2. they probably ran out of nicknames for Robert that they liked she's he's the fourth one. so Bobby gets his way and Tori gets her way and I guess everyone is semi happy.

plus they could have fifteen more kids after this no guarantee they will have another son.   

I've mentioned it before when we discussed Carson-- my mom was in this situation, where her legal name was totally different from the name everyone actually used, except for the first initial. In her case it wasn't a family name, it's just that my Catholic grandparents thought that their kid really needed a saint's name. She had it legally changed as an adult because it was so damned inconvenient. My brother and I used to sort of tease her about it ("that's not your *real* name!") and she would just sort of sigh, like she was thinking "ugh, my stupid parents."

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

On the live Callie says they are calling him Cade because it means the fourth generation.

Apparently it comes from the Latin Quade.

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived