IGNORED

Children Stacked Like Cordwood: Upcoming Babies 10

Bethella

3 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Apparently it comes from the Latin Quade.

That's if you go off of Nameberry, which likes to invent name origins and isn't accurate at all. Quartus would mean fourth in Latin. 

Cade itself an English last name. If they just want to call him that fine, but no need to make up a meaning that doesn't exist. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That's if you go off of Nameberry, which likes to invent name origins and isn't accurate at all. Quartus would mean fourth in Latin. 

Cade itself an English last name. If they just want to call him that fine, but no need to make up a meaning that doesn't exist. 

But they're not the ones making up the name. It's out there on the various naming sites as a name for a "IV"

3 minutes ago, Bethella said:

But they're not the ones making up the name. It's out there on the various naming sites as a name for a "IV"

It's still inaccurate, which a small amount of research would be able to figure out. 

Sorry, this sort of thing is a pet peeve of mine, and the Bateses do it a lot. 

47 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

It's still inaccurate, which a small amount of research would be able to figure out. 

Similar to Carson. Which means Son of Carr. If they wanted to go with a name that means son of Charles, they would have better luck going with Charleson or Carlson. 

I know someone who is named Adam with a son named Addison because it literally means son of Adam. 

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Similar to Carson. Which means Son of Carr. If they wanted to go with a name that means son of Charles, they would have better luck going with Charleson or Carlson. 

I know someone who is named Adam with a son named Addison because it literally means son of Adam. 

See, now that I respect.

Lauren Swanson's little brother's name is Duke. confirming they do D's for boys L for girls he's two days apart from Gid

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Adam savage of myth busters did that.

16 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I feel ya. I get irrationally angry when people name their daughters Addison, Madison, Emerson, etc. cause they all mean "son of ___" so like, you're naming your daughter son. 

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Lauren Swanson's little brother's name is Duke. confirming they do D's for boys L for girls he's two days apart from Gid

Is Duke his actual name, or a nickname?

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Is Duke his actual name, or a nickname?

I believe it’s his actual name. They name their boys with D names while their girls have L names. Like the Holts. They do S for boys and K for girls. The Query’s only have 4 children but their girls all have names starting with A while their only son does not. It also seems the Wallers might be doing this. D for girls and P for boys. But they only have three children so they might change.

God, with both of them from families that do the letter name thing, I wonder how likely they are to do the letter thing. I really hope they don't.

What are the names of Lauren's other siblings, does anyone know?

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

No, as far as I'm aware we don't know the names of Lauren's siblings.

21 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

God, with both of them from families that do the letter name thing, I wonder how likely they are to do the letter thing. I really hope they don't.

One of her sisters is Lily, and one of her brothers is David. I found out about Lily because Lydia Patton posted and ig story wishing her a happy bday (don’t have a screenshot though sorry). And FJ found out about David because he ran a race with Jer Duggar and was on a list published online (# 30)

https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/?raceId=44761#resultSetId-108354

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

And FJ found out about David because he ran a race with Jer Duggar and was on a list published online (# 30)

https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/?raceId=44761#resultSetId-108354

I thought that was still speculation. Is there proof that he's related to Lauren?

9 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I thought that was still speculation. Is there proof that he's related to Lauren?

Lydia Patton posted a pic (private) the day of the race and and a guy in that picture matches Lauren’s brother in this pic we have of her fam (the guy on the far right). I’m 95% sure it’s the same guy

A8C40BD5-E47B-4E24-A9EE-A845A20D6E9D.thumb.jpeg.78d07351fcd7049cfec62ecaab79a714.jpeg

And he has a ‘D’ name which adds up with the boys having ‘D’ names because of their dad (Dwain) and the girls ‘L’ names because of their mom ‘Lana’

It’s crazy how many babies will be born in the next month. Two sets of sisters (Bowers/Washburn) and I don’t think any of them know the sex of any of the fetuses. Jinger of course. I think Kori Wissmann is past due so any day now. Plus a few others. 

It’s a fundie baby fest. 

Kori Wissmann gave birth to Wyatt Andrew today (June 25th)

7 lbs and 20.5 inches long!

Also, does anyone know if Lise Morton had her baby? I think she was due last Wednesday and Addie posted an Instagram story video the day before and Lise looked about to pop! 

17 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/

Looks like it's officially baby watch time for the Bowers-Bontrager girls.  

I read the blogpost, and this part had me roll my eyes SO HARD:
"Everyone asks: boys or girls or one of each? And WOW! We don't know!
Apparently patience from some unknown source was bestowed on BOTH of them.
Baby stuff is DECIDEDLY pink or blue so our nesting and collecting tiny things has been minimal."

Uhm, no. Baby stuff does not only come in "decidedly pink or blue" colors. It comes in all kinds of colors. It is just that you, personally, have decided that you only want pink or blue baby stuff. That's on you. Most parents who decide to not find out the sex of the baby before birth take a more sensible approach with regards to baby stuff, and go for more neutral colors, or just colors they like. But most of them do not NOT purchase anything because of some ridiculous conviction that all baby stuff has to be either pink or blue. That's all you.

Ugh, fundies and their ridiculous fear of someone mistaking their baby boy for a girl or the other way around :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Marly said:

I read the blogpost, and this part had me roll my eyes SO HARD:
"Everyone asks: boys or girls or one of each? And WOW! We don't know!
Apparently patience from some unknown source was bestowed on BOTH of them.
Baby stuff is DECIDEDLY pink or blue so our nesting and collecting tiny things has been minimal."

Uhm, no. Baby stuff does not only come in "decidedly pink or blue" colors. It comes in all kinds of colors. It is just that you, personally, have decided that you only want pink or blue baby stuff. That's on you. Most parents who decide to not find out the sex of the baby before birth take a more sensible approach with regards to baby stuff, and go for more neutral colors, or just colors they like. But most of them do not NOT purchase anything because of some ridiculous conviction that all baby stuff has to be either pink or blue. That's all you.

Ugh, fundies and their ridiculous fear of someone mistaking their baby boy for a girl or the other way around :rolleyes:

I agree. I didn’t find out with my children. Yes, it’s harder to find neutral baby clothing these days but it’s not impossible. I found plenty of things in white, yellow, grey, green, orange, tan, and red. Those colors are all thought to be gender neutral by most people. And after they were born, when people came to visit, they would often bring an outfit that was more gendered. So I had plenty of baby clothing even though I didn’t know until the birth. 

Its odd that they haven’t bought much. Since we know they will probably have many children, you would think they would buy both pink and blue outfits. They will be used eventually. And of course they always know someone with a new baby so they can just give it away. Fundies are so weird sometimes. 

13 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Also, does anyone know if Lise Morton had her baby? I think she was due last Wednesday and Addie posted an Instagram story video the day before and Lise looked about to pop! 

She's been commenting on other people's posts but hasn't posted anything herself since Father's Day, so I'm guessing she hasn't had the baby yet.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, teachergirl said:

I wonder if Amanda really didn't want that many and so Russell's age makes it a covenient reason why they won't have many, but then I wonder too that they see their mothers/friends give birth well into their forties and so they just think it won't be an issue. I mean, they really TRULY believe God is up there opening and closing wombs so do they accept that theirs isn't opening?  Do we know the official ages of Amanda and Russell now?

Amanda posted this recently. I’m guessing she does want children but if they don’t have one in the next five years, they probably never will.

C199C472-E8B8-4B45-85D8-DD9773B3C33D.jpeg

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived