IGNORED

Joy & Austin 20: Baby Gideon is Here

Jellybean

52 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Duly noted. Thanks. How many days per week is the correct and acceptable number to post here?  Or should we measure in months?  Anyway, I appreciate the advice. Taking stock right now!

YES YES! I confess to be obsessed. Up here EVERYDAY and ain't ashamed of it.  This forum is better than reading a novel! Don't worry, I still take care of family, home, and personal needs. I'm kind of an introvert. Very close with family. Very few friends by choice. So I can't say I'm neglecting anyone. I mean I don't think about FJ every minute of the day. Just and excellent place to read and kill time!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always think about the 180 that Michelle and Jim-Boob did when they were younger.  Joy and Austin were young married and people change a lot.  Having a kid changes a lot of your perspective. Keep that in mind. They grew up with the Pearls but it is different when it is your kid and I hope that Gideon gets two loving parents who care for him. 

No child deserves a shit life. He is here. 

@bekkah, I really hope that it works that way for Joy and Austin; that they fall in love with little Gideon and start reevaluating their beliefs. I try not to get my hopes up too high, though. People genuinely suck far too often. :(

9 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@bekkah, I really hope that it works that way for Joy and Austin; that they fall in love with little Gideon and start reevaluating their beliefs. I try not to get my hopes up too high, though. People genuinely suck far too often. :(

On Scrubs, Dr. Kelso telling Dr. Cox that people are generally "bastard covered bastards with a bastard center". :(

We Won’t ever know for sure in any case. They are far to media savvy now to announce if  Henry got a spanking for disobeying or Samuel got a switch.   At the least None of them will go in for relaxed parenting and letting a young child have much of a say in anything. Old school parenting: A child talks back a hot butt will cure them quick. It’s for their own good, respect the elders  and the usual line. 

29 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Yes. People do suck,  even  if they did small changes to their beliefs that is a huge step forward. I feel mostly sad for Joy because she is so young where her sister Jinger got a year to figure out how to be married and stuff. Joy and Jinger are young. Here's the deal tho, there are  plenty of secular people who have children within a year of marriage. I most likely will but I have had different life experiences than they have and will not feel like I missed anything. 

I’ve glossed over most of the shit-stirring posts, but I really think FJ needs an eye-roll reaction sometimes. What would be the nearest equivalent??

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I’ve glossed over most of the shit-stirring posts, but I really think FJ needs an eye-roll reaction sometimes. What would be the nearest equivalent??

Probably the 'bless your heart' reaction.

19 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Not necessarily. My brother was 10 lbs 5 oz, then was one of the smallest guys in his 7-9 or 10 class. He's now 5'10" and medium build. As I remember, he was a small tight end (I don't think he was a wide receiver), but never would have been a regular (center, guard, tackle) lineman.

Yes!My middle son was 9lbs 7 and 3 3/4oz.He's 5' 9",but has a large build,my husband and all my sons do,and did.My husband was 10lbs 6 oz and he is also 5' 9".My oldest is about 5'11",he was 8lb 15oz.My youngest son was 10lbs 4oz,he was over 6 feet tall.

6 hours ago, mollysmom said:

That's what I was thinking....would she be able to sit like that with her legs crossed if she just had a csection? I've never had one but I did have a hysterectomy and I definitely could not sit like that for a while!

To be fair, I don't think I was able to sit like that after my vaginal birth and labor was the easiest part (and the best part) of my whole pregnancy. Some women are just amazing and have the ability to move/sit/stand/walk/be alive after giving birth. The human body is an amazing thing!

I’ll be the first to admit I probably spend too much time on FJ but if I had to choose between that or feeling depressed, anxious, or lonely, I’ll take FJ any day. 

Plus I like hearing different people’s perspectives based on their varying backgrounds. I also like not being told what I’m doing right or wrong by anyone but my doctors so

BITE ME:boom:

2 hours ago, Fascinated said:

So you’re holding a grudge then?  Members have been making lists here for a long time, by the way. When I’m on my deathbed I’m sure I will not think of fJ at all. But if I do, it will be with a great deal of fondness for the members. Well, most of the members. 

Well shit, now I feel unloved.

ETA: Oh phew, you didn’t leave out the possibility of thinking about us. That’s what I get for having brain farts and not reading properly.

22 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

To be fair, I don't think I was able to sit like that after my vaginal birth and labor was the easiest part (and the best part) of my whole pregnancy. Some women are just amazing and have the ability to move/sit/stand/walk/be alive after giving birth. The human body is an amazing thing!

I had a vaginal birth, and there are pics of me, sitting cross-legged in the hospital bed, with GryffindorDisappointment.

1 hour ago, bekkah said:

I always think about the 180 that Michelle and Jim-Boob did when they were younger.  Joy and Austin were young married and people change a lot.  Having a kid changes a lot of your perspective. Keep that in mind. They grew up with the Pearls but it is different when it is your kid and I hope that Gideon gets two loving parents who care for him. 

No child deserves a shit life. He is here. 

Let's just hope they don't blanket train him or practice any of the Pearl methods on him.

2 hours ago, nst said:

do mean me :D

I do. 

I think I’ve learned a lot from spending time on FJ. From thread drifts to learning how different our experiences are. Also gleaning knowledge when posters kindly bestow it. I’ve also learned to argue my points more clearly and FJ can be a cathartic space to rant, offer support, and be supported. 

Most importantly, I’ve learned the difference between duvets, comforters and blankets. 

18 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I had a vaginal birth, and there are pics of me, sitting cross-legged in the hospital bed, with GryffindorDisappointment.

As a fellow Slytherin, no matter how many times I read “GryfinndorDissapointment,” I laugh. I love it. You’re doing the lords work.

21 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Well shit, now I feel unloved.

ETA: Oh phew, you didn’t leave out the possibility of thinking about us. That’s what I get for having brain farts and not reading properly.

I love you, @HarryPotterFan.  I will love you till my last breath. 

On 2/27/2018 at 11:25 AM, SorenaJ said:

Why all the homebirths? Michelle didn't have homebirths (she had a couple, but the majority of the kids were born at hospital). 

If some of them are like me, and I hope theyre not because I don't want to be similar to a Duggar, maybe they opt for homebirths because they can't stand to be touched by people they don't now they can trust- let alone a stranger. 

I think of FJ has a hobby. My husband plays some game on his phone, I read FJ. As other said, I learn a lot about varying topics- literature, culture, different perspectives on current events, and yes duvets vs comforters. Maybe someone goes home at the end of a long day and watches a film or reads a book. Maybe they meet a friend for coffee and have a conversation. I'm not saying I never do any of those things, but sometimes instead of playing my piano, or reading a book, or drawing, I like to learn on FJ about a wide variety of topics. 

I do somewhat see where some of you are coming from. Sometimes I take a step back and wonder why I really care WHEN Joy has her baby and why I want to be on FJ when it happens (honestly it's mostly so I don't log in one day and have to catch up on 20 pages!). I wonder why I do spend most days engaged in some conversation about these people (fundies) whose lives are so different than my own, who I will never know. But thread drift, and e-friendships, and everything else that FJ is makes it all worth it to me.

4 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

If some of them are like me, and I hope theyre not because I don't want to be similar to a Duggar, maybe they opt for homebirths because they can't stand to be touched by people they don't now they can trust- let alone a stranger. 

I guess I'm kind of your opposite, then. I never really considered a home birth because I don't mind strangers too much "out there", in public-type places, but I hate having people outside of close friends or family in my house. I daydream of having a house where I might feel comfortable doing more entertaining, but I still wouldn't like to have people I don't really know in my home. I'm glad we each have/had a choice in our births. :)

56 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

Sometimes I read about people's experiences with pregnancy and birth and it makes me a little (ok A LOT) scared to have children one day... Gosh, we women really don't have it easy...

I'm going to share why FJ is important to my. 2017 was the worst year for me. My eyes went bad last February with dry eye syndrome. Imagine that your eyes are on fire and there's nothing you can do to make it feel better. It took 6-7 months for me to recover. Then, last December, I lost my job and my marriage fell apart on the same day. THE SAME FUCKING DAY. Talk about hitting rock bottom.

Thank god for FJ. It was my place of escapism from my physical and mental anguish. Yes, I came here originally years ago because the Duggars intrigued me, and I learned more about their destructive Quiverfull lifestyle. But, I have consistently stayed active on this forum and posted because of the vast community of members. Every one of you is unique and has an important story or viewpoint to tell. I learn so much from you. I am inspired by you. Hell, I laugh so much at the funny things you post. And, god knows, I've needed many a good laughs in the last few months.

Thanks for being there FJ members. You didn't even realize it, but you've helped me out so much in my trying times. Rufus Bless.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived