IGNORED

Joy & Austin 20: Baby Gideon is Here

Jellybean

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Is that normally what forceps marks look like? My doc never had to use them.

I thought the same when I saw those marks, but shouldn't they be more on sides of the head and not so close to the eyes?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there something in the virtual water? Did the batshit signal go out to all the trolls this week? Did someone roll a log over? 

1 minute ago, flyonthewall said:

AGREED! As time goes by it becomes more noticeable that most people here are just obsessed. If you're posting here every day, time to take stock of your life, or just get one in the first place.

Duly noted. Thanks. How many days per week is the correct and acceptable number to post here?  Or should we measure in months?  Anyway, I appreciate the advice. Taking stock right now!

LOL one time I posted something about a couple, not criticizing them enough.. I forget the exact comment and someone accused me of being a leghumper, and now people are making lists. When you are on your deathbed looking back at the utterly huge amount of time wasted here and the BS lies you tell yourself about trying to contribute to a cause on this forum, you're going to kick your own a$$. This is so pathetic.

1 hour ago, treehugger said:

I may be wrong, but I believe weight has less to do with difficulty delivering, than head size. My 6lb 12oz daughter was a 30 hour labour and delivery, but she had a huge head. I personally know several moms who have delivered 9 and 10 pound babies with relative ease, but their heads were smaller, and I swear, some people's bodies were made to give birth. My best friend has never laboured for longer than 8 hours, and all her babies were 8+ pounds. 

In healthy babies, heads, chests, weights, lengths are generally in proportion to one another. It would be rare for a 5 lb healthy infant to have a smaller head, chest, length than a 10 lb baby.

1 minute ago, flyonthewall said:

LOL one time I posted something about a couple, not criticizing them enough.. I forget the exact comment and someone accused me of being a leghumper, and now people are making lists. When you are on your deathbed looking back at the utterly huge amount of time wasted here and the BS lies you tell yourself about trying to contribute to a cause on this forum, you're going to kick your own a$$. This is so pathetic.

Oh honey, when I'm on my deathbed I'm not going to be thinking about the time I wasted on the internet. I'm going to be thinking about how much fun I had making Duggar spreadsheets.

18 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Duly noted. Thanks. How many days per week is the correct and acceptable number to post here?  Or should we measure in months?  Anyway, I appreciate the advice. Taking stock right now!

and what does it say about me about my prior stuff I did with the twosome :D 

oh dear. 

My art class starts this afternoon, my mortgage is signed and I am expecting family to come from Europe in three weeks, and the most important thing 4 more episodes of the x-files ever....and DD is in concert in Australia. And my 90 year old's boss gas line almost got turned off yesterday. 

how does my life sound so far :D

should I hide in a corner because I am here :D

NO NEVER - loud and will always discuss the twosome 

and btw there a couple of people here I adore because they make me laugh early in the morning and late at night :D

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps people form genuine friendships on here, and I don't see how that's something that can be considered a waste of time. When you're lying on your deathbed, I think you'll realize that being a judgmental bitch contributed nothing positive to your life, and you'll probably have your own regrets. 

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Is there something in the virtual water? Did the batshit signal go out to all the trolls this week? Did someone roll a log over? 

Is there an ignore button? If not, there should be.

1 minute ago, viii said:

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps people form genuine friendships on here, and I don't see how that's something that can be considered a waste of time. When you're lying on your deathbed, I think you'll realize that being a judgmental bitch contributed nothing positive to your life, and you'll probably have your own regrets. 

People can scoff as much as they want, but being a member of this forum greatly accelerated my journey away from thinking that fundamentalism was a harmless or even net positive thing. I personally view that as a positive both for myself and for society, but hey. Also, I found out about Louise Penny's books here, and now I'm addicted. See? Literature. :pb_lol:

I think it helps if we frame this argument in terms of cults. Which, is exactly what many of these fundamentalists are in. No one joins a cult. No one wakes up one day and thinks I’d like to destroy my finances, subject my children to abuse, and live in turmoil. 

The reason these people joined IBLP is because it presented an easy to follow roadmap to a picture perfect family. Smiling obedient children, a loving husband, with promise of heaven at the end.

The overwhelming majority of studies on the matter show you don’t get someone out of a cult with criticism alone. Far from it. You have to form a dialogue with these people, listen to them, see what they think they’re getting out of their beliefs, and measure what they’re actually getting versus their expectation.

From Jonestown to Branch Davidians to Scientology...no one left as a result of people saying “FUCK YOU YOUR KIDS ARE UGLY, YOR MOM IS AN IDIOT, AND YOUR HAIR SUCKS.”

Just now, singsingsing said:

People can scoff as much as they want, but being a member of this forum greatly accelerated my journey away from thinking that fundamentalism was a harmless or even net positive thing. I personally view that as a positive both for myself and for society, but hey. Also, I found out about Louise Penny's books here, and now I'm addicted. See? Literature. :pb_lol:

Education, YES!- Duggars could use a bit of it.

10 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

When you are on your deathbed looking back at the utterly huge amount of time wasted here and the BS lies you tell yourself about trying to contribute to a cause on this forum, you're going to kick your own a$$. This is so pathetic.

And yet, here you are.

13 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

So you’re holding a grudge then?  Members have been making lists here for a long time, by the way. When I’m on my deathbed I’m sure I will not think of fJ at all. But if I do, it will be with a great deal of fondness for the members. Well, most of the members. 

16 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

AGREED! As time goes by it becomes more noticeable that most people here are just obsessed. If you're posting here every day, time to take stock of your life, or just get one in the first place.

I come here for the same reason I went to Gawker, why I go to Buzzfeed and Wonkette, the commenters. I need my daily fill of snark, I find the Duggar's to be a train wreck that I just can't quit. I've always watched them in that "look at this freak show family" I used to run in fundy/fundylight circles so I knew people like this IRL and was fascinated by how they worked.  Anyway I don't have to justify why I post anywhere, but screw you for telling me we need a life for doing so. Reality fucking sucks, this place is an escape for most of us.

17 hours ago, Fascinated said:

So you’re holding a grudge then?  Members have been making lists here for a long time, by the way. When I’m on my deathbed I’m sure I will not think of fJ at all. But if I do, it will be with a great deal of fondness for the members. Well, most of the members. 

do mean me :D

41 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Criticizing people who post by posting about them posting. Logic pinball machine says TILT.

@SassyPants they can be, but it really depends on the babies positioning and the emergence of the situation. If fetal heart tones aren't present or quickly tanking, you get the baby out first  by any means. Even if it means the forceps placement isn't exact. 

Babies can get wedged in there in some pretty weird positions. My #3 was born with a nuchal hand. His hand was up by his head instead of crossed near his body  like most. 

To paraphrase Michael Scott: They say on your deathbed you never wish you spent more time at Freejinger. But I will, gotta be better than a deathbed.

17 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

We need a "Thanks Mom!", eye rolling response.

Or a "Yeah, well, that's like, your opinion, man" one.

"Sure, Jan" with an eye roll. (From the Brady Bunch)

Maybe I'm just trying to have it both ways, but I mostly like hearing both the views; the angrier "these people are awful!" posters and the spreadsheet makers who keep our facts accurate and our narratives straight. I guess I see it as a push-pull, yin-yang sort of thing? I learn from both perspectives, although I agree that once things fall to name calling, I usually stop hearing their point.

"Can't we all just get along?" ;)

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived