IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

22 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I recall there was a post on the Always Learning blog, where Lori slammed women who were getting preventive mastectomies because they tested positive BRCA 1 and 2 genes. Anyway "medical expert" Lori went on her tirade about eating well and exercising will prevent cancer. She doesn't get that people can't change their genetic material. I'm all for eating well andhttp://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/05/cutting-off-your-breasts.html exercising to stay healthy. But, it's not a guarantee that you won't have health problems in life.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/05/cutting-off-your-breasts.html

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Anyway "medical expert" Lori went on her tirade about eating well and exercising will prevent cancer.

Prevents cancer but doesn’t stop Lori’s mysterious illnesses! hmmmmmm

Another reason why I call bullshit on Lori's "all the FEMALE DOCTOR WOMEN I know have regrets about their career choice".

Multiple female doctors enjoy hanging out with Lori and the all would have liked to stay home with their kids.

Lori doesn't seem to have any friends, let alone educated working women who choose her company.:2wankers:.

Next thing you know she'll tell us all doctors agree with her wacky ideas about health and  'medical' treatments.

Thou shalt not lie, Lori!

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

Another reason why I call bullshit on Lori's "all the FEMALE DOCTOR WOMEN I know have regrets about their career choice".

Multiple female doctors enjoy hanging out with Lori and the all would have liked to stay home with their kids.

Lori doesn't seem to have any friends, let alone educated working women who choose her company.:2wankers:.

Next thing you know she'll tell us all doctors agree with her wacky ideas about health and  'medical' treatments.

Thou shalt not lie, Lori!

I also call bullshit. I bet she tries to go to male doctors most of the time.  I remember during one of her brain tumor episodes she mentioned going to a female ophthalmologist for a consult appointment to check if her eyes were being effected.  Even then I doubt the ophthalmologist would be telling Lori anything about her wants in life.

I call bs on the female doctors telling her they regret their choice. What sane doctor would tell the patient that they're supposed to be taking care of that they regret becoming a doctor? Maybe another doctor sure but not a patient. As a counselor, I'm not gonna tell my clients I regret becoming a counselor. Ugh I just cringe at the thought of doing something like that. 

I've had female and male doctors over my life Some were great, some sucked. Truth is, I didn't and don't give a damn whether or not they regret becoming doctors, I'm only concerned with having good care from them. 

When I was little, one of my best friends' mother was a dentist. They lived above the office (I think her dad was a dentist too, I'm reaching back about 45 years here), and her mom was ALWAYS there when she got home from school. Her dad would drive her and her sister to school (private school, no bus service) and her mom would usually be in the pick-up line. I don't think those girls suffered b/c of their parents' profession. 

Now, my youngest son will tell you he suffered terribly during the two years I was working full time and going to school full time, but he's an idiot who claims ALL his mental health problems are due to "you didn't play with me mom" instead of his own twisted view of reality. He wanted the Leave it to Beaver childhood...and this is the one who gave his kid to his sister to avoid responsibility. 

8 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori does another crappy job today of quoting someone else. I guess her whole post is a quote but I originally thought it was just the first part and then the part that started with "my opinion" was her...but no the my opinion is someone else. 

Then I got to this part and knew there is no way Lori would say this. 

Lori absolutely has implied that if you work you don't love your family. 

I worked because I DO love my family.  I love being able to keep a roof over our heads, clothes on our bodies and food in those bodies.  I'm the main breadwinner now, but my husband worked up until the lay off 2 years ago and he worked for the same reason. I'd like to slap her silly!

I'm trying to remember when I turned gay.  1962?  1965?  No, wait, that's when I turned back to straight!  Must have been in 1963.  But, then, I saw the Beatles and decided I should turn straight again in 1964.  But wait...I remember seeing The Indigo Girls sometime in the 80's and became gay again.  Of course, later I fell in love with Bruce Springsteen and became straight for the third time in my life.  Still love him but fell in love with K D Lang.  Now I can't decide.  

I"m confused.  Sooo many choices, so little time.

To answer the question to her latest blog post “why are children leaving the church in droves?” It’s because the church as a whole isn’t welcoming. They don’t offer solutions to the problem young people are facing today. I got bullied more in church than any other place I went. I was a nice kid who was friends with anyone who wanted to be my friend. I never felt like they provided any answers to the real questions I had. There solution was read the Bible. Or what does the Bible say. 

Lori's father is a doctor, but she has such a negative view of medicine. Is he a bad doctor? Is this why she doesn't think going to a doctor is worthwhile? I don't know how she came to the conclusion that doctors are bad. Is this her way off getting back at her dad? She is good at being passive aggressive. "I'm going to deny my child medical care because you were a bad father." Way to stick it to the man Lori. 

9 hours ago, smittykins said:

WTF? Yoga can prevent a genetic disease?

Even if that were true, Lori would preach against it. She routinely goes on anti-yoga tears and claims it's satanic. Conveniently, what she is enjoys is godly, but what others like is satanic. Funny how that works out. 

Even if that were true, Lori would preach against it. She routinely goes on anti-yoga tears and claims it's satanic. Conveniently, what she is enjoys is godly, but what others like is satanic. Funny how that works out. 

That’s cos yoga is mediating and meditating leads to demonic possession. This was an actual teaching I heard growing up.

1 hour ago, Exposed Collarbone said:

Lori's father is a doctor, but she has such a negative view of medicine. Is he a bad doctor? Is this why she doesn't think going to a doctor is worthwhile? I don't know how she came to the conclusion that doctors are bad. Is this her way off getting back at her dad? She is good at being passive aggressive. "I'm going to deny my child medical care because you were a bad father." Way to stick it to the man Lori. 

Lori did posts where she said her father was gone from the home a lot because of his work. Maybe, that made her sad as a child and it turned to resentment. It's hard to tell with Lori, her dad, and her views on medicine. She made a crazy claim sometime back that her father never encountered cancer during his career as a pathologist. I wouldn't be surprised if she does clash with her dad over medical topics, but she's not going to admit that on her blog.

58 minutes ago, Koala said:

She's posted about having run-ins with her father in the past...

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/08/letting-him-have-it.html 

Wonder what she was yelling at him about.

Good question. She said here to never give people a piece of your mind. I wonder why? There are ways you can do it lovingly. I understand not just yelling at people and going off on people for the sake of doing it but I know that’s not what she means. I’d say she must have a lot of pent up words but she always get them out in her blog post. 

In as much as Lori's last post had a lot of rants about "female" doctors and about not sending children to college, I posted the following.  Of course, Lori deleted it, but it gave me closure.   

"Hi Lori:

I am the woman who wrote to you quite some time ago that I wanted my daughters to do what they wanted in this life. I see you have written about what I said, but also changed my wording a bit? Yes, my daughter is a doctor, but no, she is not in major debt, she is not sacrificing, etc., etc. She is a very happy and fulfilled woman. She became a doctor at age 28, was already married and does have children. Grandmas make wonderful babysitters!

Unlike you I had no agenda and made no decisions FOR my daughters. I brought them up to love, to care for others, and they do. Most important: they are happy. I gave birth, raised them, but what they did with their lives  …  that was their decision. I do hope your daughters are happy as well and doing what THEY want to do in this life.  Happy Moms make for happy children.
Many women HAVE to work because their husbands simply do not earn enough money to pay the bills (not extras) … the basics: food, clothing, shelter, and medical care?  The best way to mentor women is to LISTEN. Listen and respond with empathy and compassion. There is not just one way to live life … just as there is not one way to serve God. I am quite sure what I say will fall on deaf ears, but thought I would give it
one last try.

I'm going to try and hit everything in one post instead of my usual answering as I read.  I will no doubt forget something.

@Hisey You can use the eats cheese quote under your avatar (or anything you want).  Go to your profile and fill in the location with whatever you want under your avatar.

My mother worked full time until she was dx with MS when I was 13.  She did this because apparently, she liked to have a place for us to live, food on the table, clothes, etc.  Trust me when I say that I have the good sense not to eat detergent or do any of the other ridiculous "challenges" that are going around.    I also didn't "turn" gay or lop off any body parts just for funsies.

Lori talks about her mom eating healthy and "curing" her intestinal problems and that's where she learned to eat healthy/organic foods.  Isn't her mom dying of cancer as we type?   How does she explain this?   Also since she was raised by a mom at home and was fixed nourishing meals of organic food, what's with the brain tumor and the parasites, etc?   Shouldn't she be immune to all those kinds of bad things?

I'd bet my bottom dollar that Lori was yelling at her dad because he was trying to tell her that black salve or some other weird concoction she has read about on the internet is NOT healthy and she needs to see a damn professional doctor man/woman and stop reading about woo on the intertubes.  Or possibly he didn't want to talk to his daughter about anal sex or any of the other totally inappropriate subjects she blogs about talking to him about.

@Destiny Growing up in a Fundie community I caused quite a stir when I wanted to start a yoga club because apparently it was worshiping a false idol and letting Satan into the community. Yes, because of all the things your teenager can do, yoga is one of the most Satanic. 

So Lori doesn’t subscribe to all of the 10 commandments either then. 

You shall have no other gods but Me.

Lori, that means you can’t play God either! 

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything.

Black salve, the Pearls, herself, salad, the delete button to name a few. 

You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.

Pretty sure this includes not using God’s name to beat kids and encouraging abuse in relationships. 

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Holy Lori! Not judge everyone else at church and run home to criticise God’s worshipers on a blog post. 

Honor your father and your mother.

Lori, I have a long fuse so my dad obviously deserved it.. but I’ll blog that I said sorry in case he died 

You shall not murder.

To be fair, I’ll give her brownies points for not murdering Ken during his basketball is way more important than family stage. 

You shall not commit adultery.

I’d bet that at least one of them has! 

You shall not steal.

I’d include voting for politicians who want to take rights away from people as stealing by proxy. 

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

Bahahahahahaha, 

You shall not covet your neighbor's house, wife, or property.

So which neighbor got granite worktops first Lori? 

7 minutes ago, Gemini said:

So Lori doesn’t subscribe to all of the 10 commandments either then. 

You shall have no other gods but Me.

Lori, that means you can’t play God either! 

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything.

Black salve, the Pearls, herself, salad, the delete button to name a few. 

You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.

Pretty sure this includes not using God’s name to beat kids and encouraging abuse in relationships. 

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Holy Lori! Not judge everyone else at church and run home to criticise God’s worshipers on a blog post. 

Honor your father and your mother.

Lori, I have a long fuse so my dad obviously deserved it.. but I’ll blog that I said sorry in case he died 

You shall not murder.

To be fair, I’ll give her brownies points for not murdering Ken during his basketball is way more important than family stage. 

You shall not commit adultery.

I’d bet that at least one of them has! 

You shall not steal.

I’d include voting for politicians who want to take rights away from people as stealing by proxy. 

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

Bahahahahahaha, 

You shall not covet your neighbor's house, wife, or property.

So which neighbor got granite worktops first Lori? 

@Gemini  This is pure GOLD!    

From that 'Letting Him Have It' blog post Koala kindly linked for us:

My dad is a beaver ~ a detail-oriented, perfectionist.  He was a pathologist.  He needed to be a detail-oriented perfectionist.  He was giving diagnosis of life and death to patients.  We need beavers!  Yet, he can get on your nerves some times.  He can go on and on about some things.  So I decided I had had enough and was going to give it to him.

Well, now we know where she gets it from. 

7 hours ago, Koala said:

She's posted about having run-ins with her father in the past...

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/08/letting-him-have-it.html 

Wonder what she was yelling at him about.

She replied to a comment there with 'I agree, Amy, that we shouldn't bury our feelings...'  Either she's lying, or has done a near complete 180 about women and our feelings. 

19 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

She replied to a comment there with 'I agree, Amy, that we shouldn't bury our feelings...'  Either she's lying, or has done a near complete 180 about women and our feelings. 

She probably meant to say, 'I shouldn't bury MY feelings, but the rest of you should just shut up and suck it up.' :roll:

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

From that 'Letting Him Have It' blog post Koala kindly linked for us:

Well, now we know where she gets it from. 

If someone is waiting for a life or death diagnosis from a pathologist they have some pretty big problems 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived