IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a pretty good night’s sleep and feel a little calmer now. It is astonishing how angry I get reading this ridiculous woman and her pathetic followers.  The only other who does this to me is the PP.  The rest of the horrible people we discuss annoy me, but not to this degree.  These people are scary. They scare me.  Now I’m getting worked up again. Maybe I will implore my husband to run me a sink of bubble water. It’s Valentine’s Day after all.  

@Hisey the original company was named Millennium Management. At some point (maybe 2015) it changed to Alexander and Sons. I thought MM was owned by others as well but can’t seem to find that anymore. I could be confused with something else. What’s interesting to me is how Ken with no dental training or business training has managed to create a successful career in orthodontic consulting. 

Here is a link to the MM page that lists Jon as an employee (I think he’s probably doing well in his current career and wonder why he even left that to join Ken): 

http://www.orthomms.com/about-us.html 

Ryan at least is hitting DC in May to speak at a conference for the AAO. His conference summary says he has financial interest. Will have to look into that. It’s a staff lecture, presumably for staff and not doctors  

DC is too close to me!!

51 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

@Hisey the original company was named Millennium Management. At some point (maybe 2015) it changed to Alexander and Sons. I thought MM was owned by others as well but can’t seem to find that anymore. I could be confused with something else. What’s interesting to me is how Ken with no dental training or business training has managed to create a successful career in orthodontic consulting. 

Here is a link to the MM page that lists Jon as an employee (I think he’s probably doing well in his current career and wonder why he even left that to join Ken): 

http://www.orthomms.com/about-us.html 

There was a speculation that Jon may joined up with Ken during a period when he wasn't working on construction projects. I don't know much about project managers, but I wonder if they ever hit times of unemployment when bids don't go through or projects get stalled etc. Or, it could be that Jon had some interest in Ken's business and wanted to be a part of it and he tried it and didn't like it. I think Jon and Ken get along well so there might not have been drama when Jon worked for him.

Jesus...this again.

Lori:

Most women don't try to control what other adults eat.  That's a weird you thing.  They certainly don't pursue it to a level that it drives a "deep wedge" in their marriage.  That's just a sign that YOU have a problem.  As in, you...cause like I said, I don't even know any adults who do that.

Do you know what the last interaction my husband and I had concerning food was?  It went like this:

Me: "What do you want for Valentine's Dinner?"

Him: "Whatever you want."

Me: "I want to stay in.  What would you like me to make?"

Him: "Okay, how about manicotti, salad, and garlic bread?  I'll pick up some brownies at (insert our favorite bakery) on the way home."

Me: "Sounds great!"

That's how a normal couple interacts.  It does not have to be a battle or some strange "here's how I trick my stupid husband into doing what I want him to do" thing.  

Finally, if your readers follow your "piss poor homeschool/no college/early marriage/tons of babies" advice, then they likely won't have the extra funds to waste on Primarily Pure or Beauty Counter.  $46 for body oil???  I don't think so.

In fact, they probably won't have the funds to be too picky about which foods they eat, so again, this post is pretty much pointless. 

14 minutes ago, Koala said:

Jesus...this again.

Lori:

Most women don't try to control what other adults eat.  That's a weird you thing.  They certainly don't pursue it to a level that it drives a "deep wedge" in their marriage.  That's just a sign that YOU have a problem.  As in, you...cause like I said, I don't even know any adults who do that.

Do you know what the last interaction my husband and I had concerning food was?  It went like this:

Me: "What do you want for Valentine's Dinner?"

Him: "Whatever you want."

Me: "I want to stay in.  What would you like me to make?"

Him: "Okay, how about manicotti, salad, and garlic bread?  I'll pick up some brownies at (insert our favorite bakery) on the way home."

Me: "Sounds great!"

That's how a normal couple interacts.  It does not have to be a battle or some strange "here's how I trick my stupid husband into doing what I want him to do" thing.  

Finally, if your readers follow your "piss poor homeschool/no college/early marriage/tons of babies" advice, then they likely won't have the extra funds to waste on Primarily Pure or Beauty Counter.  $46 for body oil???  I don't think so.

In fact, they probably won't have the funds to be too picky about which foods they eat, so again, this post is pretty much pointless. 

Because just one upvote can't express how much I love this post, I'd like to add a hearty "YES!", and also an "Amen" or two.

24 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

There was a speculation that Jon may joined up with Ken during a period when he wasn't working on construction projects. I don't know much about project managers, but I wonder if they ever hit times of unemployment when bids don't go through or projects get stalled etc. Or, it could be that Jon had some interest in Ken's business and wanted to be a part of it and he tried it and didn't like it. I think Jon and Ken get along well so there might not have been drama when Jon worked for him.

Good point. Ken’s website says they do space planning so that might have appealed to him- it may not have turned out to be what he anticipated. 

This has me laughing today: 

7F1F5CEA-BC9D-40DB-B040-90083E083902.png

39 minutes ago, Koala said:

Agreed. Also, most adults I know would just talk with their spouses about eating healthier if there was any concern like medical issues. Not because they're trying to force their spouse to change, but because it's a normal thing to express and listen to concerns of your partner.

Hey honey guess what there is a wonderful thing it's called punctuation if you are going to write endless lines of nonsensical sexist crap please at least find out where the little dots go just some advice from a typical controlling woman wanting to nag and be the boss of you

34 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

7F1F5CEA-BC9D-40DB-B040-90083E083902.png

Lori has now added this bit:

but new ones will come and continue to laugh at God’s ways and this is to be expected. We are aliens and strangers. This is not our home.

Did I miss something?  The person said, "Is there any way to get rid of the person who laughs at YOUR posts?" 

Is Lori, God now? Because I am pretty sure it's the height of narcissism to assume that people are laughing at God, not you.  

On the flip side, maybe she equates herself with God to such a degree, that anyone who laughs at her, might as well be laughing at God.  Hell, maybe she thinks she is God.  

1 hour ago, December said:

Agreed. Also, most adults I know would just talk with their spouses about eating healthier if there was any concern like medical issues. Not because they're trying to force their spouse to change, but because it's a normal thing to express and listen to concerns of your partner.

I recently re-read all the posts from Ken's visit to FJ because I was a lurker then and didn't read here as often as I do now, which is way too often if I'm being honest.

Anyway, yes, I agree, and my re-read confirmed that it isn't just Lori. Neither she nor Ken can grasp that there is a wide middle ground between a relationship where you fight for control over every little thing, and a relationship where one person decides and the other silently submits.  And that this middle ground is the space occupied by people who are emotionally mature, free of personality disorders, and who honestly want to be kind, considerate, and loving towards the other person.

So I looked up the brands that the woman Lori quoted (because she can't use her own experience) and dang beauty counter seem completely unattainable to the average consumer. I love makeup but can't afford this.

The primarily pure had a more varied budget and I might actually purchase some of the stuff if I needed some face products. However, I'm sure some of it can be made at home.  The products are things like essential oils, apple cider vinegar, and witch hazel. I personally use organic rose water for face moisturizer and organic coconut oil (yeah Aldis!) to remove makeup. They work well, are about 12 bucks combined and last me forever. And it's organic lol! 

Her DIL sells Beauty Counter.  They have no concept of what is attainable for the avg. family.  Lori's used to spending money right and left, and she's not smart enough to realize that not everyone has that luxury.  If it's "healthy", then you can't afford not to do it!  :roll:

1 hour ago, Carol said:

More genius advice from one of Lori's posters with frightening writing skills.  Word salad on uppers.  

What the HELL was that response?  Thanks for sharing...i'll have to go check it out just for comedic value.  Dude...just spit it out. I can tell he's MASTER in his house...

@Koala Last night's dinner discussion here went about the same. Honestly I feel like shit most of the time these days, the nerve blocks didn't work very well so a headache is my daily friend. 

Anyway...we were both hungry. I feel like crap and hub and his insulin pump aren't getting along so well these days. 

Him: What's for dinner?

Me: well, i can make some chicken and rice and veggies...

Him: that takes too long 

Me: We have a bag of frozen ravioli, I can boil that up, put some sauce on it. Oh shit...we're out of Parmesean cheese!

Him: So what...just put some of that grated cheese on it (I always have a bag of cheddar/colby/jack on hand). 

Then he got the pot out for me (its in a lower cabinet and bending over HURTS), filled it with water for me. I took care of the rest including computing the carb count for him. Later I did the cannula change for him (insulin pump, the cannula goes in his little tushie because he doesn't have enough meat elsewhere). 

Not a single argument. Dinner got made. His cannula got changed. We both did what we're better at. 

Oh come on about the laughing smiling face! One laugh out of 50 or so hearts and likes and that woman is offended. I thought godly ladies weren't suppose to take offense so easily.  I can't see that guy's profile. The laugh thing is still up but I don't see his name.  Did anyone get a look? 

Check this out. Does this imply that if you mistakenly marry a bad man, then you are a bad mom? Lots of women make mistakes in who they chose...or he becomes bad later on. Our ability to be a good mom is based on our man. Who knew!

Thank him because YOU chose him? Um, okay.

OT, regarding wives employed outside the home:  How many of us here have encountered (or been in) marriages that have foundered because the wife has a lot more “hustle” than her husband does?  I know lots of women who started out with entry-level jobs and slowly worked their way upward, or who do all the overtime they can get their hands on, or who work an extra part-time job, or who run a side business. Some of us have done this because it’s our nature, or because we have a passion or interest that can’t be fulfilled in our 9-to-5, or because Hubby isn’t exactly a go-getter.

I’ve met quite a few women who, when asked what caused them to divorce their husbands, simply said, “He was lazy, and I couldn’t stand having to carry most of the weight in our marriage” (men satisfied to do the bare minimum on the job and at home).  If my first marriage hadn’t ended for other reasons and I’d become the major breadwinner, I can see my first husband being content to serve as a couch potato 24/7/365.

What must Lori’s fangirls endure, if Hubby is happy working the bare minimum for a job that pays peanuts?

55 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh come on about the laughing smiling face! One laugh out of 50 or so hearts and likes and that woman is offended. I thought godly ladies weren't suppose to take offense so easily.  I can't see that guy's profile. The laugh thing is still up but I don't see his name.  Did anyone get a look? 

Check this out. Does this imply that if you mistakenly marry a bad man, then you are a bad mom? Lots of women make mistakes in who they chose...or he becomes bad later on. Our ability to be a good mom is based on our man. Who knew!

One of my dearest friends on the planet has a husband who has a rare condition where the first symptom was a nearly catastrophic stroke when he was in his early 40s.  His brother died a couple of weeks prior to this, then my friend had breast cancer.  Now that they are emerging from that crisis, her husband has been diagnosed as schizophrenic, because his brain chemistry is so severely altered.

He has threatened to harm himself and her at times; but has not acted physically.  She recently found out that he has been engaged in behaviors that can best be described as emotionally manipulative, abusive, and intended to "punish" her for no particular reason.  She recently went to work outside the home and I see his behaviors as intended to isolate her in other ways.  He for sure is at minimum, gaslighting and working to make her doubt herself and her own perceptions.

This type of propaganda actively dissuades her from taking the children and leaving.  But the reality is that a lot of us who care for this family are scared that even 1 instance of violence would be catastrophic implications due to the impact the stroke had on his personality and even grasp of reality.

49 minutes ago, Hane said:

Thank him because YOU chose him? Um, okay.

OT, regarding wives employed outside the home:  How many of us here have encountered (or been in) marriages that have foundered because the wife has a lot more “hustle” than her husband does?  I know lots of women who started out with entry-level jobs and slowly worked their way upward, or who do all the overtime they can get their hands on, or who work an extra part-time job, or who run a side business. Some of us have done this because it’s our nature, or because we have a passion or interest that can’t be fulfilled in our 9-to-5, or because Hubby isn’t exactly a go-getter.

I’ve met quite a few women who, when asked what caused them to divorce their husbands, simply said, “He was lazy, and I couldn’t stand having to carry most of the weight in our marriage” (men satisfied to do the bare minimum on the job and at home).  If my first marriage hadn’t ended for other reasons and I’d become the major breadwinner, I can see my first husband being content to serve as a couch potato 24/7/365.

What must Lori’s fangirls endure, if Hubby is happy working the bare minimum for a job that pays peanuts?

So. Much. This.  

My first marriage was that nightmare.  I began working to (as I believed) fill in the gaps and not leave us with nothing after bills were paid.  He job jumped until he got fired from a good one, landed a counter position at an auto parts place and stayed doing that for the vast majority of our marriage.   At one point we were living in a trailer that his manager owned, barely making ends meets.  That's when I joined up.  I couldn't take it.  I couldn't work enough hours to compensate for his what his check lacked.  I was always having to leave work to pick up our daughter for having the sniffles at day care.  At that time our parents were all working full time themselves, so family help wasn't an option.  Like you, our marriage dissolved because of other reasons, but he was very content to work his 8 hour shift, make less than $10 an hour and let me put in a 50 hour week in a hot warehouse.  When we sat down for child support, my income literally doubled his.  Not to mention being expected to come in and cook when I got home, being fussed at because the laundry wasn't "finished" every single week without fail.  

There's no way we would have made it on his check alone.  He made just enough to keep us from being able to obtain food stamps or section 8 housing but not enough to maintain rent on a regular place.  And owning a home on that income is totally out of the question.  Period.  Mobile home or otherwise.  These people fantasize about a life that isn't real.  They romanticize it and make it almost a fetish...live simply, one worker outside, one inside, don't squander anything.....while I get the basic idea, it's simply not practical for everyone. 

I made more $$ than my hub for most of our marriage. Nothing to do with ambition and everything to do with skill level. However, that man has more gumption in his little finger than most folks (including me) have in their entire body. There was a stretch where he had three jobs. His regular full time job, a pizza delivery job and Navy reserve duty one weekend a month. When he got sick, he had already retired from the Navy and had to give up the delivery gig because it was all he could do to work his regular full time job. I NEVER ONCE said shit about it. Now, he's the main breadwinner and i'm the slack ass. he doesn't say anything to me about it. 

BUT...it's always taken BOTH of us to make this train run. 

@feministxtian, but that’s the key—your husband had hustle, despite his earning power, and you pulled together. 

Back around 1960, we lived in a neighborhood full of SAHMs. One of them was married to a perfectly nice guy who wanted to put in his 40 hours a week at the plant, and that was it. His wife wanted more—travel, college education for their kids—so she got an office job during the day and used her pay to commute to the nearby teachers’ college and got her degree. (Back then, it was possible to do that—tuition was maybe $50 a semester.) She became a public school art teacher, and was awarded city Teacher of the Year her very first year on the job. Years later, she mentored my baby sister in her own teaching career. 

I always admired her for that:  she never put her husband down, but she didn’t settle for less in her own life.

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Is this the best she can do for Valentine’s Day?  How romantic. 

Dear author extraordinaire, Lori,

Rather he saw my discipline and how eating healthy and non-toxic products influence me so much that he wanted in."

‘he wanted in’?  That is nonsensical.  He wanted to join in?  He wanted to participate in your phenomenal eating habits?  You need a few more words there. 

You’re welcome.  

@AlwaysDiscerning, I did! The gentleman in question seems to be living a lovely life with his boyfriend or husband. No wonder Lori's Leghumpers were so offended!!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived