IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

Just now, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Remember:  Lori  -- who went to college for 7 years -- says she can't remember any of her classes in college or what they were about.  It's obvious Freshman Composition is one of those she forgot.  

The fact that such a willfully ignorant woman was a teacher for a few years is horrifying. I hate to think of the damage she inflicted on her students.

I think as a current student and someone who generally likes academic, this is one of her attributes that bother me the most (her teachings aside). I believe she hardened her heart against education quite early in college and therefore just didn't bother to learn. And it remains obvious with her inability to stand correction or tolerate any other view points. She also refuses to use proper resources to back up her statements. Conspiracy theorists and middle school websites don't make the cut. 

Also small side rant: With the recent shooting in Florida I've see a lot of people sending stuff around about young people being disrespectful, lazy, and undisciplined. Also the shooting happened because they took God out of school, which is bad theology. Both of those things are driving me crazy. Yep young people just died! Let's making blanket statements criticizing them because that will make them feel good! 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Supposed women in the Bible who were preachers" reads to me like maybe they weren't really women. Were they men?? Hobbits?? Aliens??

I think Lori was really trying to say "women in the Bible who were supposedly preachers."

Sentence structure matters.

Lori:

You would think I was evil for teaching younger women to be keepers at home

No, I would think you were evil for telling (already) abusive parents to hit harder.  

I would think you were evil for encouraging women to stay in horrific marriages, by implying that their husband's salvation rests upon their shoulders.

I would think you were evil for deleting the suicide hot-line number, when it was posted for a struggling reader.  

I would think you were evil for crowing that your children were afraid of you, bragging about hitting them with a leather strap, and shaming them to the point of eating disorders.

I would think you were evil for sabotaging your birth control to get your way.

There are plenty of reasons to "think you were evil".  The "keepers at home" bit is just repetitive and annoying.

They must not believe children are better with their mothers. They must not trust God enough to provide for them if they come home.

That's so ignorant and arrogant.  Don't presume to know these people, Lori.  That's why a "godly" older woman should be mentoring in her family and community.  You have NO CLUE about the women you "mentor" online.  No clue at all.  

Is this cruel of me to have concern for the children?

You have no concern for children, or you wouldn't encourage their parents to inflict pain on them.  

What's cruel, is insisting that women don't trust God if they refuse to quit their jobs and allow their children to starve.  Meanwhile, you sit in a million dollar + house, spending money hand over fist.

Well, I will stand before God someday and He is the only one that I will have to give an answer for what I teach women.

Oh, how I wish that were true...

That said, keep that sentiment in mind the next time you're insisting that it's "good" for you to hold other bloggers accountable.

And as if today's post wasn't enough:

"God's commands have never bothered me."

"I trust that the Lord's ways are best."

"I love this command and obey it willingly."

"I have always known that God's ways are perfect." 

From yesterday:

"I have suffered through a lot of physical pain but through all of it, I never questioned God."

"I trusted that God had it all under control."

"I have always believed God at His Word."

"I choose to believe God."

"I chose my Redeemer and have been transformed."

:clap:Should I clap more, or is once enough?  I guess if I clapped for each time she'd bragged on herself in the last 2 days, that'd be 9 times!  :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Who is she trying to impress?  Does she think the good Lord reads her blog every morning?  I mean really.

She reminds me of a very snotty and self satisfied Nellie Oleson, trying desperately to remind the teacher of how perfect she is.  

Every single female doctor woman that I personally knows wishes she could be home full time with her children

What exactly is a "female doctor woman"?  A doctor with two vaginas? How are they different than Male Doctor Women? In any event, how sad that these Female Doctor Women are dissatisfied with their careers.

and it gets worse

"that I personally knows" . . . Nice grammar, Lori. I can see why you "taught" your children by having them read books. You had nothing to teach them yourself.

This morning:

One woman wrote me and told me to stop teaching women to be keepers at home because no one is listening and no one cares. Another woman wrote an entire post on her blog about how far off I am for teaching this. 

1 hour ago:

I have learned to ignore the naysayers and focus upon truth since it’s the only thing that gives life!

Less than an hour ago:

I ignore those who slander me and have no desire to know truth. 

How funny!  I usually "ignore" people by writing a blog post about them, too!  Oh, that's right...no I don't.  :roll:

Okay y'all you know what some of her posts remind my of? Mother Gothel's song "Mother Knows Best" from Rapunzel.  Most have Disney of the brain right now. 

59 minutes ago, Koala said:

This morning:

Another woman wrote an entire post on her blog about how far off I am for teaching this. 

Anyone have an idea who wrote this? I've seen some Christian (or, as Lori would say, "Christian") bloggers write things that I'm pretty sure are criticisms of Lori and her ideas, but they don't mention Lori directly. I don't blame them. Writing about Lori is just asking for her to rip your life apart, peek into your windows, judge your clothing and children, and point out how all that time blogging is taking away from their real responsibilities. :roll:

On Feb. 7th, a blogger called her out on FB.  Whether or not that's who she's referring to, I don't know.

If you search The Transformed Wife on FB (under "All") it's the second entry down).

Spoiler

Sorry The Transformed Wife - breaking your child's will is abuse. Telling adults they are to have no will of their own and simply obey and comply is abuse.

This kind of toxic belief being spread through the Church frustrates and angers me.

God gives us children so that we may guide and help them in becoming independent adults - not to abuse them, stripping them of all that makes them unique and beautiful, only to set them up for more abuse (potentially) later in life.

I wasn't able to find that on FB. I wonder if she is referring to this post yesterday on Spiritual Sounding Board? Or this one at No Longer Quivering?

When she wants to rip apart what any other writer has said, she tells us exactly who she's talking about (or gives a lot of very specific clues) and even links to the article. When she is the one being attacked, she gives us nothing. I'd think she would want her fans to go to those other sites and defend her. 

I guess Lori needs her fan girls to stroke her and tell her they love her today. Sometimes it feels like she plays the victim even when she seems to victmize other women. If you truly want to be a good biblical preacher, then you shouldn't need that much validation like she does.

"While you are having a daughter who is a doctor, I would much rather have a daughter who is having children and is home full time with them."

I am not "having" a daughter.  I am having a RELATIONSHIP with my daughter who will soon be an adult and can choose to spend her life as she wills.  It's exactly what YOU have, you controlling bitch, whether you like it or not.

And I guess that's a "screw you" to Alyssa.

With regard to "Keepers at Home" teaching she doodles about today - the reason I think she should stop teaching it is:

Revelation 22:18-19

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

Deuteronomy 4:2

"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:6

Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

Deuteronomy 12:32

"Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

Matthew 22:29

But Jesus answered and said to them, "You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God.

Mark 7:13

thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that."

In others words, Lori, I object to you adding your words and opinion to the Bible and calling it "from God."

39 minutes ago, molecule said:

I wasn't able to find that on FB. I wonder if she is referring to this post yesterday on Spiritual Sounding Board? Or this one at No Longer Quivering?

When she wants to rip apart what any other writer has said, she tells us exactly who she's talking about (or gives a lot of very specific clues) and even links to the article. When she is the one being attacked, she gives us nothing. I'd think she would want her fans to go to those other sites and defend her. 

NLQ absolutely destroyed her yesterday: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2018/02/lori-alexander-new-bad-idea-day/

No wonder she's lapping up the sympathy posts in her com boxes today.

10 minutes ago, Anna Arkadyevna said:

"While you are having a daughter who is a doctor, I would much rather have a daughter who is having children and is home full time with them."

I am not "having" a daughter.  I am having a RELATIONSHIP with my daughter who will soon be an adult and can choose to spend her life as she wills. 

Thank you! 

I would much rather have a daughter who is happy and makes her own choices!  I would be crushed if my children felt their purpose in life was to carry my beliefs/values/morals into the next generation. 

And you know what?  My kids don't always agree with me, but I am 100% okay with that!  They THINK, and that's what we want them to do.  I know for certain that I am living my best life.  I wake up every day, so thankful for the life I have.  I also know for certain that what works for me, won't necessarily work for you.  

One of my greatest joys in my elderly years, would come through seeing my children living happy lives that THEY chose.

Lori?  Lori just wants her kids to be replicas of her. 

Pet peeve- It drives me nuts when people say, "Well, if you've taught your kids well, you should be able to trust them to stick to your values." <---this is talking about adults! 

I always want to say, "Nope.  If you've taught your kids well, you should trust them to stick to their OWN values.  Those values may be different from yours, and you have to accept that, and be glad they're strong enough to think for themselves!"

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

What exactly is a "female doctor woman"?  A doctor with two vaginas? How are they different than Male Doctor Women?

Just like anyone else who specifies that they had a "female doctor" or a "woman lawyer"... it feels like a novelty to them, so they emphasize it, even if it's super normal to the rest of us.

30 minutes ago, December said:

Just like anyone else who specifies that they had a "female doctor" or a "woman lawyer"... it feels like a novelty to them, so they emphasize it, even if it's super normal to the rest of us.

One of my Facebook friends recently asked another "Didn't he become a male nurse...?" I so badly wanted to chime in "No.  He became a nurse. He's always been male," but I just unfollowed him, instead. 

Off to read that "No Longer Quivering" post.  

12 hours ago, Curious said:

I have a friend who has one of those things and swears it is the best money he's ever spent

Friends were swearing by it for post-partum, which is why they passed it on to me.  So far, DD (6 years old) thinks it is AMAZING and only wants to use my bathroom.  I'm waiting for a flood.

Finally caught up, stirring the pot before I begin my afternoon road-runnin':   

Yooouuuu shameless hussies and your fancy schmacy reclining tubs and toaster ovens, feeding the kids de peanut butter!  Back in the days of old there were no allergies and tiny ovens!!!  People prayed every illness away and allll the babies got born without a single issue, ever ever.  (Did I catch everything?)   :potstir:

Also:  Lori is a snobby little shit with way too much time on her hands.  She reeaaallly needs to leave SoCal and go see something outside her own backyard.  Ok, off to pick up my little feminist in training from public school and round up some found objects for my evil college art class. Carry on FJ, carry on.

PS: @Koala Spot on with the Nelly Olsen reference!  

1 hour ago, December said:

No, no, no! Don't you see the double-femaleness of her statement. "Female doctor woman" ?? 

I would expect Lori to specify that a doctor is a "woman doctor" because it is so foreign to her. But to indicate it twice in one sentence cracks me up.

19 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Friends were swearing by it for post-partum, which is why they passed it on to me.  So far, DD (6 years old) thinks it is AMAZING and only wants to use my bathroom.  I'm waiting for a flood.

Funny how our kids love those kinds of things. We got our big ol' tub when we built the house because USMCDAD had big dreams about...well...lots of fun tub activities. Turns out the only one who had fun in it was our daughter. Every time I cleaned it, I'd say to him "Yeah, well, who's cleaning this tub you had to have? And what do we do in it? NOTHING! That's what!!"  

Turns out being in the midst of raising kids was not the honeymoon phase he thought we were in. Anyway, I used to put our daughter in her swinsuit, fill it with warm water and bubbkes and give her a sponge. She cleaned it for me and loved it. I'd give it a deeper clean every two or three weeks, but her hour of bubble play each week was good enough for me.  Now she still takes long baths in that tub when she comes home. 

@Imrlgoddess "shameless hussies....with tiny ovens," for some reason, is the funniest thing I've read all week. Thank you! 

Lori got two things right today:

"I don’t get it."

Nope, she sure doesn't.

"I will never understand..."

Right again! I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day. Go Lori!

A woman mentioned that her daughter had molested. This is part of Lori’s reply:

I believe a very important reason God wants mothers to be home full time with their children is to protect them from harm and evil. Hopefully, other mothers who read your comment will do what they can to be home with their children so the same thing won’t happen to them. It’s so prevalent in our highly sexualized culture and it’s tragic.

I understand our children should be protected, but saying they might get molested if their mother isn't home with them? What the heck! As a previous survivor of that, her implied idea is bull! Rape and molestation can happen anywhere and can be common at homes with families—particularly fundies. This can happen whether the mother is home or not!!!

I'd like to take her "it's tragic" and jam it up her eye sockets.  She wouldn't know true tragedy if it bled and died in her lap.

1 hour ago, jumpingjill said:

A woman mentioned that her daughter had molested. This is part of Lori’s reply:

I believe a very important reason God wants mothers to be home full time with their children is to protect them from harm and evil. Hopefully, other mothers who read your comment will do what they can to be home with their children so the same thing won’t happen to them. It’s so prevalent in our highly sexualized culture and it’s tragic.

I understand our children should be protected, but saying they might get molested if their mother isn't home with them? What the heck! As a previous survivor of that, her implied idea is bull! Rape and molestation can happen anywhere and can be common at homes with families—particularly fundies. This can happen whether the mother is home or not!!!

Like the Duggars?  Michelle wasn't working when Josh molested his sisters.

Also, way to shift the blame on to the woman making the comment, Lori.  :my_angry:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived