IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Do these ladies really have so little to do that they go to a "cheese party" and kvell over a farmer who says the right buzzwords so that he can charge $35 a pound for cheese?

You hit the nail on the head. I used to work for a luxury food distributor. I went to a number of food shows and would see the next big trend a year or two before it hit stores. Creating new buzzwords for the organic food market is big business. In that particular niche, perception marketing is everything. Often a producer would simply parse the steps taken in normal production, pick an element the sounds good and use it as a selling point.

15 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I keep hoping her readers will catch on to how out of touch Lori is. But, they don't catch on at all.

Maybe they're just aspirational and hoping to lead that sort of well-heeled lifestyle, too? Hopefully, the readers will just open up their weekly grocery store mailers and realize that food doesn't have to be crazy expensive, even plenty of organic food. Especially if someone plans their meals heavily, buys/coupons items on sale and stores them for later, etc.

I'm also amused at the idea of someone driving out of their way to get organic food in a major metro area on the West Coast, too. It'd be harder to find a grocery store that doesn't stock some organic options.

13 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I intend to embark on a policy of wifely submission to my local ATM

There was an ... issue... the last time I tried to submit to the ATM.  No details, of course, but I think the ATM, the security guards and I were all equally shamed.

I don't know if it's because I live in Sin City and we get infected with LA woo, but finding organic is EASY here! It's a bit more expensive (not much), but damn, Smith's, WinCo, Albertson's, Vonn's....ALL have organic shit. I mean, we do have a couple of Whole Paychecks here, but you can get better deals at the grocery stores or even Sprouts and Trader Joe's. I will confess I'm a Trader Joe's junkie...many of their frozen meals are fantastic, easy and relatively inexpensive. Their New York Style Cheesecake is to DIE for!!! The shitty thing is I don't have a freezer right now :( so it's hard to stock up. 

It seems that Lori had even more to say about my daughter:  

5a913aa40a387_lorisdirepredictionsforfemaledoctors.jpg.5898c6b4f53bfc8dfdc81de15f05abf4.jpg

What reasoning skills. Lori:  'I know women doctors and all of them' .... .  except that Lori, you could not possibly know all "women" doctors nor the trajectory of their lives. 

I think Lori is unhappy being a "Godly" woman.  She needs to control and this is just her modus operandi.   What IS sad is the women who "follow her" and believe the nonsense.

Here is Ken's "brilliant" take on women, once again:

5a913bfb05838_BRILLIANTKENSAYS.png.036ce3927bef38059934c0f71da290f1.png

Turning gay?  lol.   And Dr. Spock, Ken, wrote his book in 1947 ... making it at least 2 to 3 generations ago.  But, hey, yeah, let's use "To Train Up a Child" because we know that beating babies really works.  OMG, both of them are so freakin sick.

My mother is a "female doctor woman" and I'm about to finish med school. Most of my uni friends come from a whole family of doctors... We turned out just fine :giggle: We chose to study medicine because we know our parents like their jobs, no regrets. :my_rolleyes:

I am going to resign right now! Lori says if I don't, I will have no friends, and my kids will have been denied something?! Worse, than vague denials, Ken assures me that my kids will start loping off various pieces of themselves, and eating detergent!! Maybe one of them will catch the gay!! Sorry, homeless people with mental health issues, I must quit caring for you and start sitting at home being an asshole on line. Lori and Ken are stupid fuck wits.

7 hours ago, December said:

I keep hoping her readers will catch on to how out of touch Lori is. But, they don't catch on at all.

No.  I am not surprised at all.  They are women who are already Fundamentalist in thinking.  Many have a minimal education and that education may have  consisted of homeschooling.  Education, of course, does not have to be through college .. there are people who are self-educated, BUT, you need to possess a questioning spirit.  You need to ask "is this true", "what do others have to say?"  You need to be able to question "authority" figures.   Sadly, Fundamentalism discourages all of this  ...  at least that is my understanding of it.  I am lucky.  I grew up in a home where both parents were Christians, but they questioned things.   I, in turn did.   I would hear one side and think ... what does the other side/s think?   I was/am a "doubting Thomas".   The good is that I think I am better able to negotiate my life.  On the other hand, I don't have certainty.  

24 minutes ago, cara said:

"cutting off body parts to try and feel whole"

Huh? What does he mean by this??? :confused2:

Dicks. He means dicks.

At least i think he does. I wondered too, then finally it occured to me, that's probably what he thinks MTF transgender people are doing. 

26 minutes ago, cara said:

"cutting off body parts to try and feel whole"

Huh? What does he mean by this??? :confused2:

That's his anti-trans statement, I believe. 

Both of them are nuts. But after years of being stuck with Lori I'm surprised Ken hasn't gone even further off the deep end. Like 20/20 special burning down the house with her in it.  

I get so damn infuriated by people who seem to claim poor life choices and the inability to spend big coin on organic products are why we get cancer. While people’s thoughts immediately go to lung and bladder cancers for smokers and esophageal cancer for drinkers, there are a shit ton more cancers that are not lifestyle-dependent. What could a 3-year possibly have done to have cancer?

Cancer is not a punishment for something done wrong.

I ate well and exercised before my breast cancer diagnosis. I eat well and exercise now. None of my choices caused this. FU Lori. 

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Dicks. He means dicks.

At least i think he does. I wondered too, then finally it occured to me, that's probably what he thinks MTF transgender people are doing. 

Knowing Ken, he's probably equally "concerned" about the tragic loss of pubic boobs for his viewing pleasure when someone transitions female to male.

Lori does another crappy job today of quoting someone else. I guess her whole post is a quote but I originally thought it was just the first part and then the part that started with "my opinion" was her...but no the my opinion is someone else. 

Then I got to this part and knew there is no way Lori would say this. 

I am not saying if you work you don’t love your husband and children or that you don’t cook, etc. No, no, no a million times no. 

Lori absolutely has implied that if you work you don't love your family. 

30 minutes ago, Pammy said:

Knowing Ken, he's probably equally "concerned" about the tragic loss of pubic boobs for his viewing pleasure when someone transitions female to male.

Must...control...impulse to go chop my boobs off so guys like him won't look at me.  :puke-front: 

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

I get so damn infuriated by people who seem to claim poor life choices and the inability to spend big coin on organic products are why we get cancer. While people’s thoughts immediately go to lung and bladder cancers for smokers and esophageal cancer for drinkers, there are a shit ton more cancers that are not lifestyle-dependent. What could a 3-year possibly have done to have cancer?

Cancer is not a punishment for something done wrong.

I ate well and exercised before my breast cancer diagnosis. I eat well and exercise now. None of my choices caused this. FU Lori. 

My father died from esophageal cancer and he rarely drank (once or twice a year and only one drink then). There are two types of esophageal cancer: squamous cell and adenocarcinoma. 

Squamous cell esophageal is associated with drinking and smoking. However, it is not very common in the U.S. It is more common in Asia, particularly in countries where there are more smokers. 

Adenocarcinoma is the most common and on the rise type of esophageal cancer in the U.S. The most common cause is long term issues with acid reflux. Research going on now is linking it to a genetic cause but that has not been pinpointed yet. While most of us want to believe that reflux is completely a result of diet and it is true that some foods can trigger it, there is indication that some of us are born with that valve between the esophagus and stomach prone to opening when it should not creating reflux. Babies fed only breast milk or formula can have reflux--and they are certainly not consuming foods that are triggers. Many, many members of my paternal family struggle with reflux no matter what they eat, myself included. You can also have "silent reflux" which has non-traditional symptoms and can be misdiagnosed. 

My dad was very consistently careful with his diet and exercised regularly for his entire life. He was, frankly, the most consistent person I have ever known about doing both. 

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Dicks. He means dicks.

I thought at first that he was talking about that mental disorder where people will have healthy limbs or organs amputated because they feel like they are amputees/blind/deaf/etc. I remember reading a case of a woman who blinded herself with drain cleaner, because she felt that she identified as blind. But yeah, he's probably talking about transgender people. What a douche.

7 hours ago, Liza said:

Dr. Spock, Ken, wrote his book in 1947 ... making it at least 2 to 3 generations ago. 

Ken, have you actually read Benjamin Spock’s “Baby and Child Care”? I have, and in the original version. IT DOES NOT ENDORSE PERMISSIVE CHILDREARING. Hell, it doesn’t even rule out corporal punishment! Spock just got a bad rap with conservatives back in the Vietnam era because he was a pacifist.

As a millennial, the leaving the church in droves thing is very relevant. And much of it has to do, in my opinion, with the failure to remove hypocrisy from within the church. There's also much less tolerance for sinful church leaders. Many young people don't see the point of "you must respect your elders even if they don't respect you" and therefore tend to question a lot. Older generations often seem to look down on us for this. They don't always want to give us the same respect they want. Gosh the recent internet memes going around that show this perfectly. 

I do also think parents are involved in some ways as well. I wasn't restricted and punished for having differing view. I was encouraged to gain a more thorough knowledge of scripture. Many just expect kids to shut up and listen. 

And I do think it's true that many Youth groups are just fun and games. I spent years in one and I don't know if it left a huge spiritual impact on me. Or maybe it was because my previous church failed to get good youth leadership (shrugs). They don't always help kids navigate the hard questions. Young people have access to a ton of information in addition to the diversification of cultures. This can make forming a belief system a little more complex. 

My cousin'a little boy just was diagnosed with brain cancer. He's only 8, so much time to rack up a "bad lifestyle and poor food choices. " *eyeroll*

I recall there was a post on the Always Learning blog, where Lori slammed women who were getting preventive mastectomies because they tested positive BRCA 1 and 2 genes. Anyway "medical expert" Lori went on her tirade about eating well and exercising will prevent cancer. She doesn't get that people can't change their genetic material. I'm all for eating well and exercising to stay healthy. But, it's not a guarantee that you won't have health problems in life.

5 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I recall there was a post on the Always Learning blog, where Lori slammed women who were getting preventive mastectomies because they tested positive BRCA 1 and 2 genes. Anyway "medical expert" Lori went on her tirade about eating well and exercising will prevent cancer. She doesn't get that people can't change their genetic material. I'm all for eating well and exercising to stay healthy. But, it's not a guarantee that you won't have health problems in life.

Exactly. I absolutely believe people need to have a healthy lifestyle. But don't believe it will protect you against any and all illness, particularly catastrophic ones. 

Of course, it was explained to me by my idiot sister-in-law that my cousin's death from cystic fibrosis shouldn't have happened as the disease could have been prevented by yoga and organic food. And, sadly, I am pretty sure she is not the only person in the world who is that stupid. I'm sure Lori would agree, minus the yoga and throwing in believing like she does in it's place. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived