IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

and for the commenter who had her words twisted and changed by Lori after deletion, here is another example

https://thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com/post/167017852854/lori-alexander-grossly-takes-a-comment-out-of

@AlwaysDiscerning   Thank you for this.  She is really something else.  It takes a lot of nerve to misrepresent people.   I have found that fundies often believe they speak for God so she probably thinks that differences of opinion/criticisms come from the "lost" and she takes comfort in knowing that she is doing all of this for God.   People are persecuting her but that is to be expected when you speak the truth.  

9 minutes ago, Florita said:

cheese.JPG.eda700539f6448001e4bd9298bd4eaaf.JPG

The guy raises cheese!?! Or do the cows raise the cheese?!? Either way, that's damn incredible. 

With God nothing is IMPOSSIBLE!

18 minutes ago, Florita said:

The guy raises cheese!?! Or do the cows raise the cheese?!? Either way, that's damn incredible. 

Christ, Lori is a dumb as a stone boat!

1 minute ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Christ, Lori is a dumb as a stone boat!

I will be stealing this and using it as soon as opportunity presents itself. Which, considering certain members of my extended family, will probably be very soon.:laughing-rolling:

36 minutes ago, Florita said:

You can't say "no drugs" because sometimes your animal needs something for an infection or illness. Even pastured raised organic people know that. It's part of being a good steward. As an animal person who has raised beef before, that pisses me off. 

Does she mean a WINE and cheese party? Now admittedly I'm not "cool" enough to be invited to one of these things ( that and I don't like cheese unless it's melted) but don't they usually have wine at these things? 

5 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Does she mean a WINE and cheese party? Now admittedly I'm not "cool" enough to be invited to one of these things ( that and I don't like cheese unless it's melted) but don't they usually have wine at these things? 

Well, see, wine today is not like the wines of old. What we consider wine today is actually what used to be referred to as God's weed killer. Biblical godly wine was actually grape juice so if it were a godly party it would be a grape juice and cow raised cheese party. If you disagree, I understand. Some people just don't care about God and His ways.

I like this part:

Yes, people complain about the cost of grass-fed organic meats, dairy, and cheese but do you know that in generations past, they spent half of their salary on their food? Most of us don't spend nearly that amount because we have so many other things to spend our money on but eating food the way God intended for us to eat it is like eating pure vitamins and nourishment for our bodies and help prevent disease. Do you all know how expensive cancer and heart disease are? 

Homeschool, no college, early marriage, have as many children as humanly possible, and then buy AllTheExpensive food/vitamins/cleaning products/skin care/make up, because DUH, how can you afford not to?!?  

Lori?  Your readers don't have the money.  Just go ahead and rub it in their faces that while they are eating Hamburger Helper, you're at a wine and cheese party.  Remind them that you have money to spend on things like internet attention and vacations that literally last months.  You'll feel better, they'll feel like crap, and then in the unfortunate event that they do get cancer, you can remind them that it's all their fault and you warned them.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

You can't say "no drugs" because sometimes your animal needs something for an infection or illness. Even pastured raised organic people know that. It's part of being a good steward. As an animal person who has raised beef before, that pisses me off. 

THANK YOU. I spent the first 20 years of my life raising cattle. We would never let a sick animal suffer just to say we never used drugs. Of course, we also vaccinated our cattle, so do with that what you will. :)

Slightly OT, now I'm imagining Lori on a ranch and having to pull a calf....I'll be chuckling for the rest of the night.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She says this cheese party was at her sister's house. Is this the sister whose house had a fire? 

I'm guessing it's the other sister. She has done posts where it seems implied that both sisters are close by and they attend the same church as Loriken.

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

THANK YOU. I spent the first 20 years of my life raising cattle. We would never let a sick animal suffer just to say we never used drugs. Of course, we also vaccinated our cattle, so do with that what you will. :)

Slightly OT, now I'm imagining Lori on a ranch and having to pull a calf....I'll be chuckling for the rest of the night.

She'd be too busy lecturing the cow on staying home and letting the bull go make a living.  Also, I can't see her doing anything that she might get dirty and that would be pretty messy!

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

If an animal has been given antibiotics or other medication like that, the farmers tag the cow so they know it's no longer "organic."   Those cows are handled differently than the organic ones at the time of sale or slaughter.

Farmers take care of their livestock.  It's the source of income and they don't want to lose any of them.

If she truly took the Bible as a whole and not in part she wouldn’t be teaching like she is. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a home maker and taking care of your family just like there is nothing wrong with having a job and taking care of your family. You do what you have to do. 

She's lecturing people on eating organic and spending half their pay check on food while drinking wine and eating cheese most of her readers can't afford.......hmmm. Seems out of touch. 

Also lets not forget food deserts. My organic comes from aldis and Walmart when I can find/ afford it. But some people barely are able to access veggies let alone organic. How about encourage people to do the best they can and post easy healthy recipes that can be done with or without organic? That way all those mothers with 7 kids can make easy affordable meals. 

Gosh darn she's out of touch. I wonder what would happen if a poor friend invited her over and served Mac and cheese or something. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori?  Your readers don't have the money.  Just go ahead and rub it in their faces that while they are eating Hamburger Helper, you're at a wine and cheese party.  Remind them that you have money to spend on things like internet attention and vacations that literally last months.  You'll feel better, they'll feel like crap, and then in the unfortunate event that they do get cancer, you can remind them that it's all their fault and you warned them.

Funny you should write this. So, Lori is on her soapbox about women not working and one poor woman just wrote "Is is wrong to pray for the rapture because we don't know how to pay the monthly bills?" Naturally, Lorbags reminded her she was "richer than kings of old."

Another poor women is taking back her sorry spouse who now has a brain tumor. One helpful lady, proud member of the flat earth society, advised her: "If he does a 30-40 day fast that should starve the cancer and kill it. You may want to look into it." Holy crap. These women are LUNATICS.

Boy, Lori is full of sass on today's post: "I expect most women to be wise enough to know that they shouldn’t obey their husbands if they ask them to participate in something that is evil or harmful to them." 

But Lori.....I thought women were not as wise as their husbands and were easily manipulated. How would they know if they should participate or not? Women's reasoning skills are not like men's.

4 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

A friend of mine just had to euth a perfectly lovely first time freshener after a freak accident during labor. Lost the calf earlier this week. Finally had to call it on the mom today. It's been pouring rain here for two weeks. Raising animals is not for the faint of heart. 

One of my dreams is to one day have a small farm where we can sell some grassfed beef and quality pork and chicken. And have huge gardens where we donate lots to the local food banks. And host classes where we teach people to garden. Just a pipe dream but maybe one day. 

Do these ladies really have so little to do that they go to a "cheese party" and kvell over a farmer who says the right buzzwords so that he can charge $35 a pound for cheese? And then congratulate themselves because they eat so healthily compared to the rest of humanity? (sorry, I mean "eat healthy")

Do they really think that some people WANT preservatives and stabilizers added into their foods? Do they really think they are the first people to realize that whole, clean food is healthier than processed? I can remember reading Laura Ingalls Wilder's writings, where she comments on how eating an apple was so much healthier than eating apple pie (and easier for the cook in the family, too!). It's not news!

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

She's lecturing people on eating organic and spending half their pay check on food while drinking wine and eating cheese most of her readers can't afford.......hmmm. Seems out of touch. 

Also lets not forget food deserts. My organic comes from aldis and Walmart when I can find/ afford it. But some people barely are able to access veggies let alone organic. How about encourage people to do the best they can and post easy healthy recipes that can be done with or without organic? That way all those mothers with 7 kids can make easy affordable meals. 

Gosh darn she's out of touch. I wonder what would happen if a poor friend invited her over and served Mac and cheese or something. 

I keep hoping her readers will catch on to how out of touch Lori is. But, they don't catch on at all. Whenever Lori talks about organic eating, she doesn't give out practical or financially sound  advice. For example, many chain grocery stores like Albertsons, Safeways, Kroger etc sell organic food at cheaper prices than Whole Foods, or independently owned health food/organic stores. Lori did that big brag post about she drives out to some health foods store 30 minutes away and she drives out to farms to buy products. There is a farmer's market held on Wednesdays in the area Lori lives in. She could have saved gas and just waited for Wednesdays to roll around to buy certain things. Lori doesn't give a shit about her readers. I still remember that time a fangirl posted  a pic of an almost empty fridge and they were waiting until the husband's payday. Lori didn't comment at all.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived