IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

Even if that were true, Lori would preach against it. She routinely goes on anti-yoga tears and claims it's satanic. Conveniently, what she is enjoys is godly, but what others like is satanic. Funny how that works out. 

Which I said. But it wouldn’t surprise me if Lori spouted off that some nonsense or other she believes in could prevent genetic diseases. Like SAHMs.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Gemini said:

Prevents cancer but doesn’t stop Lori’s mysterious illnesses! hmmmmmm

You mean her large nutritious salads didn't prevent her from getting a brain tumor?  She does remember she had a brain tumor, right?

8 hours ago, Curious said:

Lori talks about her mom eating healthy and "curing" her intestinal problems and that's where she learned to eat healthy/organic foods.  Isn't her mom dying of cancer as we type?   How does she explain this?   Also since she was raised by a mom at home and was fixed nourishing meals of organic food, what's with the brain tumor and the parasites, etc?   Shouldn't she be immune to all those kinds of bad things?

Lori will never try to explain that. I might have missed it, but I don't think she has mentioned her mom's cancer battle  in a long time.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:39 AM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

all DELETED now. I forget what fb post it was on, but I went through the past weeks and don't see it. That is her nasty passive aggressive move. She responded to the woman than deletes her then teases her in a doodle

Not only that, she calls her a “Christian”—questioning the genuineness of her salvation/conversion/conviction/walk, I guess. It’s what “christians” do to shred someone else’s cred.

On second thought, it strikes me as a typical “mean girl” move, a way for the queen bee to underline for her quivering followers, “she’s not one of us!

On 2/20/2018 at 11:40 AM, AuntKrazy said:

Now I realize I need to repent and begin saying a prayer of Thanksgiving for it, along with my daily prayer of Thanksgiving for coffee.

Amen.

(not for the toaster oven, which I don’t have anymore—takes up too much counter space—but for the coffee)

Her latest doodle says to pray for political leaders because talking negatively about them doesn't do any good. Well then, shouldn't that same logic apply to talking about feminists or women who have careers. Lori, how about you pray for the feminists instead of talking negatively about them?

Edited to add-- she is admitting her blog doesn't do any good then because all she does is talk negatively about women.

I'll never forget the time I was in my Yoga class and, all of a sudden, I started shouting gibberish.  Half the class ran towards me, sure that it was the Holy Spirit, and began praying loudly, clearly in ecstasy.  The other half tore out of there, screaming, certain they had witnessed something Satanic.  Some of those even declared they saw my head spin and I was lifted off my Yoga mat. 

There's a fine line...

3 minutes ago, Carol said:

I'll never forget the time I was in my Yoga class and, all of a sudden, I started shouting gibberish.  Half the class ran towards me, sure that it was the Holy Spirit, and began praying loudly, clearly in ecstasy.  The other half tore out of there, screaming, certain they had witnessed something Satanic.  Some of those even declared they saw my head spin and I was lifted off my Yoga mat. 

There's a fine line...

Wait, don't just leave us hanging!

On 2/21/2018 at 12:18 PM, usmcmom said:

One of my Facebook friends recently asked another "Didn't he become a male nurse...?" I so badly wanted to chime in "No.  He became a nurse. He's always been male," but I just unfollowed him, instead. 

Off to read that "No Longer Quivering" post.  

Oddly enough, only a bit more than a century ago, all nurses were male nurses. As were secretaries.

I don’t really know what point I’m trying to make, except to agree that “male nurse” and “female doctor” sound stupid to me.

Maybe my point has something to do with people like Lori insisting that things done properly were always done Lori’s way.

So why don’t she and Ken wear long “dresses” like people wore in bible times? Does Ken have long, flowing, unbound hair and a long beard? I haven’t seen any pictures of him.

Why isn’t Lori eating dates and roasted goat and olives and whatever else they ate in Jesus’s and Paul’s time.

Is salad biblical? I’m asking for a friend.

4 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori will never try to explain that. I might have missed it, but I don't think she has mentioned her mom's cancer battle  in a long time.

she just calls her mom her "old, sick mom" now it seems like vs saying her mom has cancer. 

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Nail polish. Evidently nail polish caused her mother's cancer. https://thetransformedwife.com/?s=Nail+polish

My mom was insane about her nails.  She did them herself and it was a multi-hour process involving many layers (with drying time in between during which time she could do NOTHING lest she get a ding in one of her nails.).    I guess she was just lucky that she never got cancer.

I chew my fingernails ... a lot, so was never very interested in nail polish.  I also hate the way it feels on my nails, so it never lasted very long when mom could talk me into letting her paint my nails.

Because it is a concern, there are many non-toxic polishes and polish removers nowadays.  I'm  pretty skeptical about this actually being the cause of her mom's cancer, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

A quick google search shows the biggest risk factor for multiple myeloma is age

People who work in nail salons are at risk for a number of health problems, mostly respiratory and/or neurological, from chemical exposure (per OSHA), and maybe there's a cancer risk as well, but that's with long hours in often badly ventilated settings. It would be tough to approximate that risk as a casual customer.

I have lost two middle-aged friends to multiple myeloma. Both were high school teachers, one chemistry and one art, so probably exposed to various chemicals at work. But as I was recently reminded, the plural of anecdote is not data, so who knows.

8 hours ago, Curious said:

the biggest risk factor for multiple myeloma is age

Apparently, I should be a 70 year old African American male.  No, I don't have MM, but I have the precursor, MGUS.  

There are many risk factors for MM.  The causes are now unknown.

https://www.medicinenet.com/multiple_myeloma/article.htm#what_are_risk_factors_for_multiple_myeloma_is_multiple_myeloma_hereditary

If I am off my mark, please correct me.   I have been researching the hell out of this for months.

"require them to work 60 hr weeks"

Bullshit, Lori. You say women must have children and the husband is the only one allowed to work to provide for them, even if it takes two jobs and 60-80 hours for week. You have publicly scolded beautiful women who work part time and limit the number of children they have so their husbands don't have to work 60 hours a week. Shut the fuck up. 

Her post today is a disjointed bunch of nonsense and I can barely make sense of it. 

I have pretty much always made more than my husband-  yet we have been married for more than 18 years. I have no intention of divorcing him. While I could manage things without him, I don’t want to. I love him and he is my best friend. We won’t divorce when our kids are 18 and out for the house because we’ve built a life together. 

3 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Her post today is a disjointed bunch of nonsense and I can barely make sense of it. 

She recommends The Tightwad Gazette.  I'm restraining my impulse to burn my copy now. 

5 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

She recommends The Tightwad Gazette.  I'm restraining my impulse to burn my copy now. 

It's ok, @delphinium65, she might recommend The Tightwad Gazette, but I doubt she's ever read it or used any of its suggestions. Can you imagine Lori washing out zip-lock bags, or having a "leftover stew" container in her freezer?

5 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Marriage in and of itself causes weight gain? What?

Seriously. This post is so idiotic, and she sounds so deranged, it's too much to take in on one reading--and I really don't want to read it again.

29 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

She reads a lot of books that I've read and often have enjoyed. It makes me feel so icky lol 

29 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Marriage in and of itself causes weight gain? What?

My Memaw always said marriage made people gain some weight. She says it was because sex make you hungry. Hahaha I miss her. <3

24 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Seriously. This post is so idiotic, and she sounds so deranged, it's too much to take in on one reading--and I really don't want to read it again.

I am not one to internet diagnose, but is there a chance Lori is suffering from some early dementia or something similar in nature? She is becoming more and more hateful and nonsensical, it is kind of frightening. 

I asked one of the counselors at my internship (A Christian counseling center btw) about the women divorcing first thing. She said it might be true; however, she found it's usually the guy who "checks out" of the marriage first. She mentioned that often men seem to be more willing to sit in or ignore a bad marriage. Often the women go to great lengths to save their marriage (counseling, changing themselves, etc) before giving up. Of course I don't have my hands on research for this at the moment but I can definitely see this happening. Of course, I've also seen it the other way around as well. So perhaps before Lori judges the women she should take the time to find out what happened first. However, she has a tendency as evidenced in this recent post to make men into complete victims, as if they don't also gain weight and become bosses themselves . 

This whole exchange is just crazy. Someone reasonably points out that sometimes the husband is at fault and Lori just keeps stomping her foot and screaming "Nyuh-uhhhh! It's the wife. Always the wife!" 

Because "All the young women she knows....".  This woman is nuts! 

IMG_9850.PNG

13 minutes ago, LimeKitty said:

I am not one to internet diagnose, but is there a chance Lori is suffering from some early dementia or something similar in nature? She is becoming more and more hateful and nonsensical, it is kind of frightening. 

I have wondered this. There are some times in her videos where she will make the strangest mistakes. Once, she said ‘I’m just sitting here on this sunny day, I mean this rainy day’  

It struck me as an odd mistake to make. There have been other times where she hasn’t s then the opposite of what she meant and then corrected it. But I can’t think of any specific examples. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived