IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

But are God-given rolls delicious and organic?  Can you eat them with cheese raised by cows?

And sadly, we've all been reading Lori long enough to know who's responsible for children getting cancer...their mother, or random feminists.

@EowynW, I'm sorry your parents put you in a horrible box, but glad you're getting out of it!

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, desertvixen said:

But are God-given rolls delicious and organic?  Can you eat them with cheese raised by cows?

And sadly, we've all been reading Lori long enough to know who's responsible for children getting cancer...their mother, or random feminists.

@EowynW, I'm sorry your parents put you in a horrible box, but glad you're getting out of it!

I'm sorry, too, EowynW. If it helps, my mother got absolutely no financial help for college from her non-religious parents, even though she was a brilliant student. They just didn't care and didn't want to contribute any money. (On the plus side, she was very proud of what she did accomplish, completely on her own.) So it's not just fundies who stifle their daughters.

@EowynW I am sorry that you had such a stressful and upsetting experience. When the people who should love and care the most don't, it is devastating. Continue to grow and thrive in your own way.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:10 AM, delphinium65 said:

She replied to a comment there with 'I agree, Amy, that we shouldn't bury our feelings...'  Either she's lying, or has done a near complete 180 about women and our feelings. 

I think she HAS done a 180. It’s amazing how different the tone is of that post that was written over 6 years ago to her posts today. Then she admitted she still had struggles, that she had faults; now she is God’s omniscient mouthpiece on Earth. 

Not that I think she was at all likeable in 2011. I just think she’s even worse (if that’s possible) today. 

You know me always learning on the always learning page. Turns out expecting or wanting men to ever apologize is a social construct. Here's the thing: to expect almost nothing from a person is to assume the absolute worst about him. As if men aren't capable or apologizing, reflection or caring. 

Lori's got a doozy of a question hanging around in a post: "Did your daughters go to College or work outside your home before they were married Lori? My daughter is nearly to this stage in life and we have been discussing it recently." Yeah, she hasn't touched it. ;-) 

And another thing. A number of godly "ladies" got into verbal skirmish of the proper way to celebrate Easter. Egg hunts are of Satan, donchaknow? You wouldn't believe the in-fighting over Christmas. It was downright unchristian. 

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I’ve said this before on here and to Lori. My dad worked and full time job and a part time job, 6 days a week, so my mom could be a home maker. She still had to work part time to help out because my dad wasn’t making enough. We didn’t have expensive cars or go on expensive vacations and I grew up wearing hand me downs. My parents didn’t like being in debt so they worked hard to pay everything off. We only really ate out if my grandma took us out to eat. My mom cooked all of our meals. Not everyone can have her life. 

Either Lori or Ken knows this. Why else would it be so important for them to educate their sons well and at least one daughter halfway decently? The other joined a ballet troupe, as I think most know, so she opted out of college. Lori seems very proud that Cassi married a man who's going to be a dentist and not merely a pharmacist, and her beloved Steven is an orthodontist. Cassi can afford to have ALL the babies, as can Emily. Lori didn't actually homeschool for real. She took her boys out when she was worried they were going to be tested and found to have learning disabilities or some issue like that. She doesn't live poorly or actively wish that on her children. I don't blame her for those things, but she really shouldn't preach to others to live that way. She does not know the first thing about being poor or marginalized or meek and gentle. 

Ken throws Lori under a bus in the comments of her 'She'll Get Fat' post

She has a bit of over and back with Ruth

'Sometimes men do this...', 'No!! only women', 'Yes but sometimes men...', 'Yeah but mostly women'

Ken

Sin has no gender and comes from both men and women not wanting to do things God's ways. 

That's got to hurt 

I can just picture Ken muttering under his breath "gotta try and make us look normal..... Again", as for the millionth time he tries to defend what Lori said but tone it down at the same time. Now I don't really feel sorry for him but I can't help but wonder how many of the women that he has worked with have gotten wind of Lori's teaching and he had to deal with the mess. 

Sometimes I think arguing is the one (and only) thing that Lori is capable of loving.

I was reading the comments on yesterday's doodle, and she will literally argue with people who are agreeing with her.

Reader 1:

Feminism is a disease.

Perfect.  What more could Lori want in a comment?  It sounds like something she wrote herself.

But nope...she absolutely can't resist the urge to correct the woman who's agreeing with her.

Lori:

It is rebellion which is far worse than a disease.

Another reader (foolishly) chimes in the agree with she who MUST be right:

God has given woman certain roles and responsibilities. Fulfilling those responsibilities doesn’t make her inferior to a man. She is equal to man and both are equal before God.

Now one would think, that there's literally nothing here for Lori to argue with.  But this is Lori we're talking about.

Lori:

We are equal in value and worth but not equal in roles nor abilities. When feminists fight for equality, they are fighting to be the same which is against God’s ways since He created us with different roles and abilities.

The reader chimes back in to assure Lori that she agrees with her:

yeah I agree with you. Our roles and responsibilities are different but that doesn’t lower/reduce us. Only we can fulfill what God has entrusted us and understanding that is a great wisdom. Also there is a great joy in doing it.

Lori (who reallllllllyyyyy wants to argue) doubles down:

(Reader's name redacted) of course it doesn't lower/reduce us. Just because children are told to obey their parents doesn't make the children any less than their parents. Just because employees work for their employers doesn't make employees less than employers. The sad fact is that the enemy only wants people to falsely believe that women's roles are lesser/lower than men's and this is not true. They are different but perfectly suited to women.

She started arguments with those two readers for no reason at all.  THEY AGREED WITH HER for heaven's sake.

Dearest goodness, I hate the whole "our roles aren't equal but we still have the same value in God's eyes"nonsense. I've seen Matt Walsh do a post like that ( I think that was one of the first posts I've read from him, it was so whiny). I'm beginning to think they're being deliberately obtuse. I've not met one person that when they talk about gender roles being equal do they mean the same roles. They typically mean of equal value in the eyes of God. Also Lori... It stands to reason that if they aren't equal..... then they're unequal...like lesser. Unless I'm mistaken about how the world works, I'm only a lowly feminist, grad-school going, fabulously fluffy, working, millennial female after all. And it's early in the morning and as many  would have you believe, millennials can't start their day unless they've gotten their participation trophy (what? you thought we just drank copious amounts of coffee to wake up?) and I haven't gotten mine yet. 

Comment on today's post:

That’s why I don’t home school! Because I struggle with all that myself I’m not gonna spread it to my kids! I can’t even help them with school work I have to get tudors because I don’t understand any of it.

:laughing-rolling:

Spoiler

That has to be an FJ member! :laughing-rolling: 

Alyssa posted a cute video on her Instagram story. She and her husband were walking and he asked her what her best marriage advice was (their 7th anniversary is apparently coming up). SHE SAID NOTHING about submission or "God ordained rolls (sic)" or anything of the sort. She said "marry the right person." 

God where is she going with this?  Where is she educated? Women aren't suppose to be educated, so why is she asking. 

Joy Burns That’s why I don’t home school! Because I struggle with all that myself I’m not gonna spread it to my kids! I can’t even help them with school work I have to get tudors because I don’t understand any of it

Manage

LikeShow more reactions

· Reply · 19m

Leisa Swain Lee So the beauty of homeschooling is with the use of curriculum you learn along side your children!

Manage

LikeShow more reactions

· Reply · 6m · Edited

The Transformed Wife Where were you educated, Joy?

OMG LOL, I didn't even catch that about tudors when I posted the above. You are so right @jerkit

Another comment; this one deserves a :clap: Instead, it will probably be deleted, or Lori will argue with her. 

Christian Homeschooling is no excuse for a poor education. It can be done well, and it should be done well. We owe it to our children. It is just common sense. It's very hard to get decent jobs with a resume full of poor spelling and grammar. And many jobs need a good grasp on spelling & math. You can raise your children to love Jesus and be well educated. They are not mutually exclusive.

ETA: @EowynW, we were posting at the same moment! :pb_lol:

9 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I think she HAS done a 180. It’s amazing how different the tone is of that post that was written over 6 years ago to her posts today. Then she admitted she still had struggles, that she had faults; now she is God’s omniscient mouthpiece on Earth. 

Not that I think she was at all likeable in 2011. I just think she’s even worse (if that’s possible) today. 

I agree.  She's gotten much more hateful and arrogant. Her way is GOD'S way, and if you disagree you hate GOD'S PERFECT WAYS!!!  

29 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Anyone else feel the urge to proofread everything Lori says or quotes from others? 

Her posts form early on (2011-2012) are a trip. They make her seem very child-like. It reads like a young teenager’s diary. Somewhere along the line, she switched from a more passive writing style to constantly being on the offensive. And I don’t even mean the content – I mean the writing style.

@Loveday sadly I don’t think that poster is an FJ member. I’ve done some peeking on her page. She’s the one whose husband left her- she has said she was a submissive keeper at home. Her ex-husband’s fiancée is well educated and works in higher ed. I feel sorry for that poster though. She needs love and support yet she’s somehow latched onto lori. 

Didn't we discuss the whole homeschooling issue yesterday?  I wish Lori would just join us here so we can have direct discussions instead of using her blog as the middle man. 

Either way, I am thrilled she felt the need to respond to something she ABSOLUTELY DID NOT READ ON FREE JINGER. Huh-uh!!  She does not read here. 

4 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

@Loveday sadly I don’t think that poster is an FJ member. I’ve done some peeking on her page. She’s the one whose husband left her- she has said she was a submissive keeper at home. Her ex-husband’s fiancée is well educated and works in higher ed. I feel sorry for that poster though. She needs love and support yet she’s somehow latched onto lori. 

That is sad. Now I feel bad for laughing at her. :my_confused:

If Joy isn't from here did she say Tudors then in all seriousness! Wouldn't that be a hoot if both her and Lori got it wrong! Not that I am laughing at her but it shows how these women are so similar in their lack of education.

Ugh Lindy...let's see does Lori have tact?

I love this oft-repeated stance from some homeschooling mothers, and, by the way, they certainly don’t mean to brag, BUT, they just get SO MANY compliments on how well-behaved their children are. And when people come into their home they just FEEL THE LOVE. This is, of course, proof as to the superior mothers, teachers, families that they are.  Because non-homeschooling kids are always a disaster and, frankly, the rest of us don’t even love our children at all. 

On Sunday we had our family over to celebrate our grandaughter’s first birthday. All three of our sons and their partners, and our five grandchildren, aged four and under. Good god, it was chaos. It always is. Exactly as it should be.  And there was no love in that room at all.  Not sure why my heart was bursting though. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived