IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, AuntKrazy said:

If there were a hug emoticon I would use it here. My husband would have simply wanted to help you find a way to achieve your dreams. The students that bother him are the ones who can't grasp that they don't understand. It's that those who get less than a 20 didn't even email him for additional help, and are still going to class when they could have dropped.

I have no idea why I don't understand it. Two tries, two drops. Oh well, I'm happy as a computer nerd designer (who's trying to remember how to draw isometric figures, it's been so long I've forgotten). 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I can just picture Ken muttering under his breath "gotta try and make us look normal..... Again", as for the millionth time he tries to defend what Lori said but tone it down at the same time. Now I don't really feel sorry for him but I can't help but wonder how many of the women that he has worked with have gotten wind of Lori's teaching and he had to deal with the mess. 

Ken does not gaf whether women work or not.  He is not insane, unlike his wife.  He knows that there are nowhere near enough men working to fill all the spots women would leave.  He works with a majority female (dental hygienists) profession.

I just have a regular dentist.  I have been going to him for so long he was not even a partner in the office he was in and now he's been in his own office for at least 13 years if my math is right.

In all that time, in 2 different offices, he has had ONE male hygienist.  I don't think he even lasted a year because I see him every 3 months for periodontal care and I saw the guy 2-3 times.  He was good at his job and I had no complaints the few times he worked on me, so I am assuming he left of his own desire and wasn't fired.

Ken "lets" Lori have her fun because it keeps her out of his hair most of the time.  Yes, once in a while he has to ride in on the horse of TRUTH, but that's a small price to pay to keep Lori on up out of his ass 24/7.   

Can you imagine what living with her with no distractions for her would be like? 

The only times Ken seems to get really involved is when he starts worrying about how her behavior will affect his business/bottom line.  He pretty much admitted that was why he came here in the first place.   I wish he'd come back and talk to us again.  Despite the mansplaining, I found some of the "admissions" about Lori pretty interesting.

At that time, he also told us she was not being negatively impacted by the brain tumor.  I wonder if he would have the same answer today.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to live with Lori. Never mind her ridiculous thoughts on god and his ways, her ‘ticks’ would drive me up the wall. Her little head shakes and mannerisms while she speaks. Ugh. 

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

Why yes, Kittie, yes, you DID explain yourself properly. Lori just likes to argue. And she does NOT like to be disagreed with.

She doesn't even like to be AGREED with, ffs

@feministxtian sometimes, if a class is confusing it's the way the material is presented. I wish that you had the opportunity to take Calculus again with a different professor, I am sure you could be successful!

9 minutes ago, Curious said:

She doesn't even like to be AGREED with, ffs

QFT

47 minutes ago, Curious said:

Ken does not gaf whether women work or not.  He is not insane, unlike his wife.  He knows that there are nowhere near enough men working to fill all the spots women would leave.  He works with a majority female (dental hygienists) profession.

I just have a regular dentist.  I have been going to him for so long he was not even a partner in the office he was in and now he's been in his own office for at least 13 years if my math is right.

In all that time, in 2 different offices, he has had ONE male hygienist.  I don't think he even lasted a year because I see him every 3 months for periodontal care and I saw the guy 2-3 times.  He was good at his job and I had no complaints the few times he worked on me, so I am assuming he left of his own desire and wasn't fired.

Ken "lets" Lori have her fun because it keeps her out of his hair most of the time.  Yes, once in a while he has to ride in on the horse of TRUTH, but that's a small price to pay to keep Lori on up out of his ass 24/7.   

Can you imagine what living with her with no distractions for her would be like? 

The only times Ken seems to get really involved is when he starts worrying about how her behavior will affect his business/bottom line.  He pretty much admitted that was why he came here in the first place.   I wish he'd come back and talk to us again.  Despite the mansplaining, I found some of the "admissions" about Lori pretty interesting.

At that time, he also told us she was not being negatively impacted by the brain tumor.  I wonder if he would have the same answer today.

I agree with a lot of the things you have said about Ken. He's not as crazy as Lori and realizes there is a need for working women. I also think he sometimes has to a put an act on to keep Lori happy. There was a woman  who posted an email correspondence she had with Ken on Facebook or another social media site.  Ken stated in his email that he believed that if more women didn't work men would be paid more. I wonder if he wrote that in case Lori somehow found out about his correspondence with that woman.

Ken probably does enjoy that Lori stays busy with her blog and FB. But, on the other hand he worries about her doing things that could I fuck up his business if one of his clients found out some of the shitty things he and Lori have posted on the blogs on FB.

I will say that there are some bad public schools and there are some bad teachers out there. Lori and her fangirls  act like they can point out bad things that go on in some public schools. Yet, they get pissed when people point out issues with some homeschooling parents. I laugh at the claims about kids in public schools not being polite or having behavioral issues. Kids who are rude and have other behavioral problems come from various backgrounds. There were times on 19kac, that I thought some of the younger Duggar kids didn't behave all that well in public and some of the older kids came off as rude in some of those travel episodes.

Lori didn't homeschool all of her kids K-12. She homeschooled the two sons during their middle school years and IIRC, Alyssa was homeschooled for three years in high school. I don't think Lori has ever said anything about Cassi being homeschooled. It's hilarious how those fangirls mainly Lindy are jumping up and down to agree with Lori. Lindy is just a desperate ass licker who either ignores or doesn't know that Lori didn't all the things she pushes for her fangirls to do.

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

THANK YOU! I knew that I remembered there being a story that specifically mentioned Jesus studying in the temple with the teachers there. Of course, this story doesn't contain much she can use to browbeat her readers with, so I'm not surprised she just skipped over this bit. It's even his MOTHER who is the one who scolds Jesus, rather than meekly letting Joseph do the disciplining.

I also found myself thinking about Jesus just staying behind, leaving his parents to spend days looking for him. Can you imagine if they lived in our time? There'd be a tearful press conference and an Amber Alert, and posters up everywhere. I wonder if they were frantic and frightened, or if they were like "Seriously Jesus, son of God or not, you need to TELL US where you are going because we are your parents here right now!"

Lol

There is a whole mystery of the rosary devoted to this story, "The finding in the Temple", so we did a lot of talking about it and meditating on it.  At church, at CCD, at home, the take was that Mary and Joseph were absolutely beside themselves  - they didn't just lose their kid, they lost GOD, can you imagine??? - and that they really let him have it when they found him.  The lessons were Jesus was fully God and wanted to start spreading the word, Jesus was fully human and that included thinking he knew it all at 12, kids, don't worry your parents, and parents, go easy on yourselves and your kid even Mary and Joseph didn't have a kid that always listened and obeyed.  As long as they go to confession and be better in the future it's good.

We also had a book that detailed Jesus's childhood...The Gospel of Thomas?  I remember it was one of those things sold as "a secret the church doesn't want you to know about" but we bought it on promo at a big Catholic bookshop :my_rolleyes:  we weren't supposed to take it as gospel but it was interesting in how not perfect and sometimes even mean Jesus could be https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infancy_Gospel_of_Thomas  like any other kid only with supernatural powers.

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

I will say that there are some bad public schools and there are some bad teachers out there. Lori and her fangirls  act like they can point out bad things that go on in some public schools. Yet, they get pissed when people point out issues with some homeschooling parents. I laugh at the claims about kids in public schools not being polite or having behavioral issues. Kids who are rude and have other behavioral problems come from various backgrounds. There were times on 19kac, that I thought some of the younger Duggar kids didn't behave all that well in public and some of the older kids came off as rude in some of those travel episodes.

Lori didn't homeschool all of her kids K-12. She homeschooled the two sons during their middle school years and IIRC, Alyssa was homeschooled for three years in high school. I don't think Lori has ever said anything about Cassi being homeschooled. It's hilarious how those fangirls mainly Lindy are jumping up and down to agree with Lori. Lindy is just a desperate ass licker who either ignores or doesn't know that Lori didn't all the things she pushes for her fangirls to do.

Cassi was homeschooled in middle school. It's on her old blog. However, Lori says that Cassi, by 8th grade, was sick of being home alone with Lori (no surprise).

Did they send her to the private Christian school her brothers were attending? No, that would be money wasted on a girl. They tried her in the public school instead. After a bit, though, they pulled her out, feeling her public school friends (by definition, Jezebels) were having a bad influence on her. THEN they put her in the Christian school, even though the price was not worth it for a girl.

Alyssa didn't go to the Christian school either, not until 12th (probably because they wanted her to get a real diploma). They tried her in public HS as a freshman, then they either pulled her or she wanted to stay home to go to dance class all the time.

I agree I think there are some bad public schools and bad teachers. I've definitely had bad teachers. I remember my bio/ Anatomy and physiology as being pretty sexist. Imagine my delight when I found out that my second-semester Anatomy and physiology class was going to be all girls for a semester-long dissection.  He was not super excited for that but had to put up with it. Overall, he was a really good teacher sexism aside. However, I had one teacher that I suspect drank alcohol from his thermos on a regular basis.. or he just didn't know the material at all.

But overall, my schooling was pretty good. I attended both private and public schools. I'd say both had their merit. I struggle with grammar sometimes but I wouldn't really blame that on my schooling. My brain simply doesn't understand it so I have to work really hard at it. 

My brother attended a pretty bad public school before he dropped out at 16. They just let him walk out of the building even at 15. My brother was/maybe still is incredibly gifted at math. That one person who can solve problems in his head, have the right answer, and not know how to write it out. My parents tried desperately to get him into programs that would help him but he refused everything. That's what kids do, they make their own choices. Ultimately they're going to go out in the real world and will they be prepared? Honestly, I've met students in college who never got "the talk". 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived