IGNORED

Lina's back!!!!

helloemi

It is offensive to me that my husband and I are seen as a threat to the Jewish community. There is a reason why we are not vocal about our beliefs. We know that at the mere mention of the name Yeshua, people close up, immediately coming to the conclusion that our practice of Judaism is just a façade meant to deceive them into welcoming us into their community.

Lina, you might want to spend some time studying history and reflecting on why that might be so.

Also, sounds like an admission that she was deliberately trying to be secretive about her Yeshua-belief. Trying to be secretive only makes people more suspicious.

There have been many reports of prominent rabbis or simply Orthodox Jews who believe that Yeshua was the Messiah, yet never bring their belief out into the open for fear of rejection and excommunication. I wish it didn’t have to be this way.

Citation needed.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris·tian   [kris-chuhn] Show IPA

adjective

of, pertaining to, or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings: a Christian faith.

of, pertaining to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ: Spain is a Christian country.

of or pertaining to Christians: many Christian deaths in the Crusades.

exhibiting a spirit proper to a follower of Jesus Christ; Christlike: She displayed true Christian charity.

decent; respectable: They gave him a good Christian burial.

noun

a person who believes in Jesus Christ; adherent of Christianity.

a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ: He died like a true Christian.

And if she really is a Yeshua follower, then why is she so ashamed of him that she has tried to hide her belief in him?

What would I describe my husband and me as? We are simply two people practicing Orthodox Judaism while holding on to our belief in Yeshua as the Messiah.

Okay, I'm not an expert on this but... you can't just decide to be Jewish. You can decide to practice some of the practices, but just calling yourself a Jew does not make you one. Neither of them is Jewish by birth, as I understand it, and they have not gone through the conversion process. It's not like an Evangelical church where you can just go and get saved (which I think is part of the problem - evangelicals not understanding that just saying you are something does not MAKE you something automatically, and that other churches have a degree of organization that they do not). And last I checked, belief that Jesus was the Messiah is a pretty big "Not Jewish" flag.

It's like you can't just walk into a Catholic church and decide now you're Catholic. The Catholics have an actual year long process (RCIA) that one has to go through. I did it myself, because although I was baptized as a Catholic, I was not confirmed until I was an actual adult.

Did anyone notice this comment on the Crazy Jewish Convert blog:

moses said...

you guys need to quit comparing your faith. Like kids talking about how awesome their cars are. Just like the jews. Using your ancestry to push people around. What you should do is; be glad...

I wonder if there will be a backlash when all the various flavors of Messianic realize that the Jews are still not gonna believe in Yeshua, even when you say pretty pretty pretty please with a kippah on top.

I get the feeling that they want to be God's most super-special snowflakes EVER!!!!! Calling themselves Christians or even Messianic Jews is just way too mainstream. So they are just going to be fake Jews. Cause there is no well in hell they can be considered real ones.

THIS!!!!!

Lina even writes: "Our belief in him does not change our observance of the halachot in any way. If anything, it makes us even more zealous and dedicated to fulfilling the mitzvot."

No, Lina, you are not a speshul snowflake of God/Jesus/Yeshua/Jehovah/the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You are not extra "zealous and dedicated." You are a willfully ignorant and disrespectful CHILD. Just because you have a speshul Hooked on Hebrew audio tape doesn't make you Jewish. Covering your head, watching TT pray and eschewing cheeseburgers doesn't make you Jewish. A swimming pool is not a mikveh. And, most importantly, believing in Jesus makes you NOT Jewish. I'm an atheist with no religious knowledge and even I know that much.

What a slap in the face of Jews all over the world who have maintained and sustained their religion in the face of unprecendated persecution for Mrs. TT to declare herself and her sociopathic husband better Jews for believing in Jesus. What astonishing arrogance.

I asked her how calling herself orthodox is very misleading when she hasn't undergone a conversion process with a formal biet dien and how she plans on calling herself a Jew when a big part of Orthodox is being part of an actual community. No matter how she spins it Jesus is a Christian concept. I don't know how many bloggers comments it will take for her to get it through her head that is not a Jew and will never be one while clinging to Jesus. She hasn't said weather they are undergoing an actual conversion, but she is in for a rude awakening if they try to lie to an actual biet dien and congregation because she will be found out one way or another especially with her paper trails he has left on the internet on her previous post and other messianic bloggers. Girl is digging herself deeper into a hole and is running out of excuses to justify her dishonesty.

She's also taken down the link to the Crazy Jewish Convert blog that called her out. Can't wait to read CJC's rebuttal of Lina's latest.

I get the feeling that they want to be God's most super-special snowflakes EVER!!!!! Calling themselves Christians or even Messianic Jews is just way too mainstream. So they are just going to be fake Jews. Cause there is no well in hell they can be considered real ones.

Ok, we need a LOLLina. Someone 'shop a pair of hipster glasses, a star of david and a crucifix on one of her pics and caption it "Jewish Conversion? Too mainstream"...

Ok, we need a LOLLina. Someone 'shop a pair of hipster glasses, a star of david and a crucifix on one of her pics and caption it "Jewish Conversion? Too mainstream"...

YES! :lol:

I've never said anything mean about her and she still hates me and won't publish my comments even if they are nice. >_>

Guest Anonymous

Congratulations! You win the internet. Where would you like it to be delivered?

2i7mo8i.jpg

I really hope all of this badgering she's been getting doesn't drive her to take down her blog. Her blog is the most fascinating thing I've read in ages....

Guest Anonymous
"Azariah" commented on her latest post!

Sweetheart!

A most excellent post! You are an exceptional writer, pure and true! I Love you!

It is good that you quoted Rabbi Yisra'el Meir concerning Lashon Hora. It is shocking at times to see how serious the Halachah is surrounding the issue of speech!

B"H those that may have spoken what is untrue about our family will judge us favorably next time and refrain from writing what is hurtful and offensive...

I'm thinking that Tony needs to remove the plank from his own ass eye before he starts praying to Hashem for other people not to offend his delicate sensibilities. What did people write that was untrue? That they're Christians? They are! I'm gobsmacked that he considers that to be a smear on him and his precious bride. Ooops, I mean, his precious kallah.

Grow the hell up, Tony!

*cough* I did it. srsly. Tried to PM it to you but couldn't figure it out. Will upload it somewhere if you wanna see. :)

*cough* I did it. srsly. Tried to PM it to you but couldn't figure it out. Will upload it somewhere if you wanna see. :)

I think we all want to see :D

Guest Anonymous

I think you need a certain number of posts to PM, but you can upload to tinypic without having to register.

Guest Anonymous

Todays installment from my favorite shiksa

Hi Amil,

The truth is, we are unable to use the mikvah so I immerse in a natural body of water.

I apologize for announcing my mikvah via the internet. I've always known that it is a private matter, but I didn't think twice about mentioning my mivkah experience as a bride-to-be.

-Lina

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Amil Zola wrote:

I appreciate your quick reply. I'm still unclear as to whether your blog will continue to feature Christian reading or will refer to a variety of the very high quality Jewish blogs available.

I'm also curious about your mikvah. I was unaware of any Orthodox communities that provided mikvah to non Jews. How did you manage to get past the attendant. And does your Rabbi think it appropriate that you announce your mikvah to folks via the internet? It strikes my curiosity since, I was always taught that mikvah was a private matter between the woman, husband and attendant.

To further explain my questions; although my biological family had Jewish origins, and I qualified as a Jew under the Law of Return, I was not raised in the faith. Like you I was raised Christian. I made a choice in my adulthood to reaffirm the faith of my family by undergoing instruction by a Rabbi. I do know that my Rabbi, and Beit Din was adamant that I renounce the Christian faith.

Thanks again for your time. I love to learn about how folks choose to grow in the faith.

Just catching up on the "Days of our FakeJew Lives." (Just like the soap - same story, rotating wardrobe).

Upon reading her post my first thought was that she clearly has (had?) an intention of lying to an Orthodox rabbi in order to have an official conversion. After all, many people have had to hide their believe in JC over the years - G-d bless their persecuted souls.

If you were reading that for the first time you'd think she was an expert in Jewish tradition and marriage. How on earth can she comment on how many days they are separated per month or how they manage her mikvot, etc, if she hasn't been married long enough to even have a period yet??

I'll be sure to go to her for advice on marriage the next time I have a question.

How on earth can she comment on how many days they are separated per month or how they manage her mikvot, etc, if she hasn't been married long enough to even have a period yet??

I thought that too! omg, what a self-righteous hussy.

She is really going to have to do a better job of scrubbing her blog! I was reading some of the featured posts and they are all, "even if you are not a Christian, (insert advice or idea that she knows so much about)".

But scrubbing her blog makes her look guilty as sin. If she has had a change of heart or if she just cannot get past her Jesus addiction, why hide it? Why add "big fat liar" to "fake Jew" on the CV?

Nobody's mentioned it yet, so I'll just note that Lina and Love appear to attend Beit Shalom in Austin. Beit Shalom's mission is to "create a strong Orthodox Jewish community in Central Texas that is centered on Torah and focused on Messiah." Their messiah, in case you didn't already guess, is "Yeshua of Nazareth."

The website lists "attending a 10-week course taught semi-annually by members of the congregation" as a requirement of membership. I suspect Lina and Love are taking one of those courses and claiming that it's an Orthodox conversion class.

Archived