IGNORED

Josiah Duggar: Part 5

laPapessaGiovanna

On 2/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, Texas Heifer said:

Burnet! My dad was born there. "Burnet, durnit, cain'tcha learn it?"

Oh, Pflugerville! Why anyone would give a town a name that sounds like phlegm + loogey village, I will never understand! Gross! Lol

I come from Van Vleck. About 10 miles from Old Ocean, gotta love Texas towns.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sansan said:

I come from Van Vleck. About 10 miles from Old Ocean, gotta love Texas towns.

I'm pretty sure my school district used to play football with your school district.  

Living here in the desert, you see a lot of interesting sights. When I lived in PHX, in the "winter" you'd see people wearing parkas, scarves, boots and gloves if the temp was 50 degrees. The seasons there are nice, hot, hotter, and OH MY GOD ITS THE FUCKING SURFACE OF THE SUN. Here in LV it's chilly, nice, hot and OH MY GOD ITS THE FUCKING SURFACE OF THE SUN. There's not a helluva lot of difference between 100F and 115F. It's just HOT. Last week we had high temps in the upper 70's F. Today? 55F. It'll be like that until about mid-March...nice and chilly alternating. 

We have half a meter of snow and it’s awesome. I made snow angels in the yard with Miniway yesterday. Thank Rufus we have roofed parking though! 

Spoiler

55275361-35A8-4C4D-AE41-9EA26E79CF18.jpeg

Ice storms suck. I grew up in Walmart country too - everybody else got beautiful, fluffy snow. We got ice + power outages + broken trees.

That 2009 storm was awful. We didn't have power for a week and cleanup took months. Two of my brother's friends also died that week in a fire caused by a generator.

Here I am in jolly old London, where it's warmer than New York but still cold as shit, dark at 4:30pm, and no snow to show for it! I'm really looking forward to spring and summer, when it's really nice (when it's not raining). The last summer I was in London, I basically spent all my time outside at pubs with outdoor seating, wandering the city, or doing my MA thesis in parks and gardens. I'm counting down until the weather's like that again. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

outside at pubs with outdoor seating, wandering the city,

I'm heading back there in the spring. I can't WAIT.

I can't wait for spring! Here the temp fluctuates around 0 C, making everything into slippery iciness. A month or two with the same to go... We have had a few cold spells with temps about - 20-25 degrees Celcius, and that is too cold for me, except at night. I always sleeps with the bedroom window open, no matter the cold. Warm nights make me cranky. If I could live a place with minus 5 degrees in night, and 15-25 degrees during the day, with the garden flowering away during the day time, that would be my idea of paradise. I suspect I've a southern ancestor somewere, no true norwegian loathes winter :D

My preference would be 15-25 degrees celcius. Warm weather makes me sluggish and lethargic, and sun triggers migraine.

It's been 30-40 degrees here lately... and Thursday is going to have a high of 70. I don't mind the hot or the cold, I just want the weather to be consistent! 

On 2/12/2018 at 12:44 AM, feministxtian said:

Living here in the desert, you see a lot of interesting sights. When I lived in PHX, in the "winter" you'd see people wearing parkas, scarves, boots and gloves if the temp was 50 degrees. The seasons there are nice, hot, hotter, and OH MY GOD ITS THE FUCKING SURFACE OF THE SUN. Here in LV it's chilly, nice, hot and OH MY GOD ITS THE FUCKING SURFACE OF THE SUN. There's not a helluva lot of difference between 100F and 115F. It's just HOT. Last week we had high temps in the upper 70's F. Today? 55F. It'll be like that until about mid-March...nice and chilly alternating. 

We had a 60- degree day in PHX yesterday, and I needed to pull out my heavy sweatshirt. Still waiting on the "February Freeze" that usually happens. A cold snap where overnight temperatures drop to frost levels. If it doesn't happen, we've gone a whole winter season without overnight freezing temperatures.

At sixty degrees, I'm wearing sandals.  Metro Chicago here, it just snowed nine days in a row, 18 inches on my property, no where to put any more. Ugh.

3 hours ago, keen23 said:

We had a 60- degree day in PHX yesterday, and I needed to pull out my heavy sweatshirt. Still waiting on the "February Freeze" that usually happens. A cold snap where overnight temperatures drop to frost levels. If it doesn't happen, we've gone a whole winter season without overnight freezing temperatures.

I have three hoodies. Thin, medium and heavy. The heavy one is my "winter" jacket. I LOVE living in the desert!!!

2 hours ago, kachuu said:

The fact that Josiah is so boring.... and we are literally discussing the weather :pb_lol:

Fingers crossed they are keeping interesting news for the start of the new season.

We are definitely in desperate need of an update on the entire SiRen situation!

23 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Im worried they are going to “save” the whole courtship situation for next season. 

They'll be married & expecting by then :roll:

That 2009 storm was awful. We didn't have power for a week and cleanup took months. Two of my brother's friends also died that week in a fire caused by a generator.
I remember the fire. And also the way neighbors helped neighbors.

It was so cold. We used our gas fire place for warmth and cooked dinty moore beef stew on a camp stove. New subdivision at the time so no damage from falling limbs.

I'm glad SiRen are boring! Let them be young and in fundie-love.....lord knows they'll be married and baby-obsessed soon enough. Is it too early to make wedding dress/date/etc/detail predictions? :my_angel:

On another note, from the few pics we've seen of the Swansons, anyone have a stab at how old the other 7 siblings are? / how Quiverfull the parents may be?

I don't find Josiah as a person boring but the lack of updates on his relationship is boring. I hope him and Lauren are happy, he has the added pressure of having a failed courtship. I think they will be engaged soon and a the next Duggar courtship will be announced.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived