IGNORED

Josiah Duggar: Part 5

laPapessaGiovanna

People are commenting about the ring finger being covered up, and though I could be wrong because we never know with the Duggars, I feel like we're just being messed with here lol. I feel like the jacket isn't hiding enough of the hand for there to be a ring on there or we would see something, right? :P

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she's hiding her ring finger, but I'm gobsmacked that they have that thick coat on her lap to keep his arm from defrauding her. Or something. 

11 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I don't find Josiah as a person boring but the lack of updates on his relationship is boring. 

I’m the opposite, I think this courtship has had a lot more updates than Joy and Austin, Joe and Kendra and Jinger and Jeremy. Josiah actually has an Instagram before marriage and has posted about her and we even had paparazzi pics. 

On 2/10/2018 at 9:30 AM, Four is Enough said:

I have a dear friend in Pflugerville..

Me too!

On 2/13/2018 at 6:32 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I don't think she's hiding her ring finger, but I'm gobsmacked that they have that thick coat on her lap to keep his arm from defrauding her. Or something. 

It's there so no one will notice if she pitches a tent :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, halcionne said:

It's there so no one will notice if she pitches a tent :pb_lol:

Why aren’t you posting all over the place, @halcionne?  I miss you!

On 2/15/2018 at 7:24 AM, JillyO said:

Don't they all wear promise rings anyway? I would be surprised if she didn't have a ring on that finger.

From purity ring to promise ring to engament ring to wedding ring, kind of difficult to see the difference.

Do they change hands for each ring? Like Catholics wear engagement rings right and wedding rings on their left hand.

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Do they change hands for each ring? Like Catholics wear engagement rings right and wedding rings on their left hand.

Huh? I wear both my wedding rings, plural, and my engagement ring on the left hand. Always.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:36 PM, Fascinated said:

Why aren’t you posting all over the place, @halcionne?  I miss you!

:hello:

Life's gotten busy and fundies have been boring, I'm sorry to say. Do you follow the Maxwells? There was a surprise wedding that had my attention for a bit, but Duggar social media, etc, aren't doing anything for me. I do check in, but there's just not much to comment on, these days.

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I didn't know that was a Catholic thing...I know a couple girls who did that just because their engagement ring was really ornate or didn't play well with a band so they chose to wear a plain band and move the engagement ring to the other hand.

I don't think it's a Catholic thing at all, LOL. I work at a Catholic school and I don't know a single married person who does that. 

I always thought it was more of an Orthodox thing?

I'm Greek Orthodox and I know that we wear wedding rings on the right ring finger.  I'm not sure about engagement rings, but I always assumed they're also worn on the right ring finger.

I remember when the Jonas Brothers were big and the Disney Channel essentially had all their young stars wearing promise rings. :pb_lol: 

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I remember when the Jonas Brothers were big and the Disney Channel essentially had all their young stars wearing promise rings. :pb_lol: 

Me too! That was wild, man, lol

20 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I thought it was a European thing.

That's what I thought as well. Most European women I know (at least in the country I'm in) don't go for engagement rings anyway, but due to an easy cash grab by Big Diamond the custom is slowly trickling in to mainstream culture.

Those I do know with engagement rings typically wear their wedding ring on one hand (often right, but this isn't actually clear cut) and their engagement ring on the other hand. 

My English in-laws all wear their engagement and wedding rings on their left hand. Maybe it's different on the Continent? I don't recall how my German neighbors wore their wedding jewelry, TBH.

Apparently it really depends on the country you live in. Personally (although I’m single and haven’t ever had one) I wouldn’t want a ring on my right hand, as it would get in the way of writing. 

This article gives a list of some countries that use the left, and the ones that use the right. Interestingly it says that in Germany it can be worn on both. http://news.thediamondstore.co.uk/wearing-engagement-ring-on-which-finger/

The story goes that the ancient Romans and Egyptians believed that the fourth finger of the left hand was where the “vena amoris” or “love vein” started, and that it went to the heart.

4 hours ago, new espadrille said:

Me too! That was wild, man, lol

I lol'd so hard when South Park had that episode where Mickey Mouse was yelling at them and calling them bitches. "You need to wear this ring so people think about your junk!"

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Apparently it really depends on the country you live in. Personally (although I’m single and haven’t ever had one) I wouldn’t want a ring on my right hand, as it would get in the way of writing. 

This article gives a list of some countries that use the left, and the ones that use the right. Interestingly it says that in Germany it can be worn on both. http://news.thediamondstore.co.uk/wearing-engagement-ring-on-which-finger/

The story goes that the ancient Romans and Egyptians believed that the fourth finger of the left hand was where the “vena amoris” or “love vein” started, and that it went to the heart.

That's not true. I have never met anyone in Germany who didn't wear their wedding band on their right hand (although I'm sure there are some people who do it for personal reasons). Traditionally, the woman would wear the engagement ring on her left hand. When the couple gets married, the engagement ring becomes the wedding band and is moved to the right hand. Now that separate engagement rings have become more common, most women wear their engagement ring on their left hand and their wedding band on their right hand. I just checked a couple of sources (in German) and they all confirm this.

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Every time I remember this I end up thinking about that episode of “South Park” where Mickey Mouse beats the crap out of Joe Jonas for not wanting to wear his purity ring anymore. 

Spoiler

734644DA-FBCD-44C9-B0A0-9296E09D2AE0.gif.e86a8ee2394fe00de0e62c3457511341.gif

28 minutes ago, JillyO said:

That's not true. I have never met anyone in Germany who didn't wear their wedding band on their right hand (although I'm sure there are some people who do it for personal reasons). Traditionally, the woman would wear the engagement ring on her left hand. When the couple gets married, the engagement ring becomes the wedding band and is moved to the right hand. Now that separate engagement rings have become more common, most women wear their engagement ring on their left hand and their wedding band on their right hand. I just checked a couple of sources (in German) and they all confirm this.

Ah well. Only going on what I read :pb_lol: always best to get the truth from an actual German!!

22 hours ago, potato said:

I'm Greek Orthodox and I know that we wear wedding rings on the right ring finger.  I'm not sure about engagement rings, but I always assumed they're also worn on the right ring finger.

I'm Ukrainian Orthodox and I wear my wedding ring on the right and engagement ring on the left. For me it's because I have a plain gold wedding band that clashes with my engagement set. I wore my engagement ring on my right hand until we were married. Lots of Orthodox women I know have a wedding set for each hand. Even men often have a ring for each hand. But if they only have one they wear it on their right hand.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived