IGNORED

Turpins 3: 2 Monsters, 13 Victims (WARNING abuse and torture)

laPapessaGiovanna

58 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

Bwahahaha!  I might need that one, too.

Buuuuuy iiiiiiiit. And buy me one, too. :kitty-wink:

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I don't follow this family close enough to know a lot about them, apart from the basic stuff, but was the newest SVU episode based on this story or something? Season 19, episode 20. Some things reminded me of it :/

Sorry if this was mentioned before!

14 minutes ago, HeadshipRegent said:

Hi, I don't follow this family close enough to know a lot about them, apart from the basic stuff, but was the newest SVU episode based on this story or something? Season 19, episode 20. Some things reminded me of it :/

Sorry if this was mentioned before!

No worries.

Apparently, yes.  Loosely.  SVU is always topical but not always accurate.  First mentioned here.

And this thread has drifted, but we will be back on track soon. :)

12 hours ago, Jellybean said:

@EmCatlyn - the Rods are Jill & David Rodrigues and their 13 children. David has a print ‘ministry’ and Jill is a grifter extraordinaire. They’ve grifted a house and an RV, among other things, and travel around ‘singing’ for their supper. The children don’t go to school and learn at home, in the loosest possible senses of learn and home. Because most people don’t have 13 children, the Rods have had to make some adaptations to their RV, including two baby cages (one in the floor of the master closet - with a lid so baby can’t pull the clothes - and one at eye level, which used to be a cupboard for crockery, I think). When Jill found out that her unborn baby might have some form of disability, which they thought at the time may have been caused by a stroke, Jill’s instinct was to throw a Pamper Mama party/shower, with a registry that included a kitchen aid mixer, several designer scents, bedding for herself, and a couple of baby items, apparently as an afterthought. In response to criticism of this party, Jill immediately threw her oldest daughter under the bus, allowing her to take all the blame.

Their subforum is here, if you’re not completely disgusted already:

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/413-rvfull-of-grifting-rodrigues-family/

Thanks.  I knew a bit about them.  Didn’t they have some sort of friendship with the Duggars and weren’t they nicknamed the Rodrigi here at some point?  But I didn’t know about the baby cages.  And “the Rods” didn’t ring a bell.  Must check out the thread.

Don’t think the Turpins were grifters, though.  Now the sister, Elizabeth Flores.... yeah, I could see it.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Carry on here:

Archived