IGNORED

Turpins 3: 2 Monsters, 13 Victims (WARNING abuse and torture)

laPapessaGiovanna

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Anyone else get the feeling that we are getting a "Tuesday Fundie visit" vibe from Willie T?

It's so unfair that I'm in the right timeline for al's drunk drivels but too late for juicy fundie visits. Sob. *whining*

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Destiny said:

On the off chance that @Willie T comes back, I’m going to say this. The Handmaid’s Tale is not meant to be an instruction manual. It’s supposed to be a cautionary tale. Don’t be Gilead. 

I had to come back out of lurkerdom to second this. My username is supposed to be ironic not factual! 

7 hours ago, Destiny said:

Yay mini!quiver for winning.

Mini!quivers entire coaching volunteers are women. 3 of the 4 coaches played all through HS and some in college. And then me, I played little league then ran track and then played co-ed. I am the stats/book coach. I have coached track and XC and love helping kids learn and improve all skills for their interests. With all that being said....

6 hours ago, Destiny said:

I don't think the lil wimmins can ever really know their minds. I think we all need a penis holder to tell us what we think. 

I wonder how we managed to win last night and remind the other coaches (all men) of some rules they accidently broke (it is the first week of the league, stuff happens) and at the beginning of the game both head coaches met to agree to local rules and courtesy. Not 1 person on our bench are penis holders...but a couple of us have been told we own some balls. :)

I now have Father Abraham stuck in my head.

I'm still confused at how exactly he ended here. We can discuss all sorts of crazy religious beliefs with @Willie T all day long, but it sounds like he doesn't want an honest discussion that might show flaws in the belief system he is studying. It sounds like he wants a place where no one will say anything bad about it and he won't be forced to use any sort of critical thinking skills he might have. 

8 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Anyone else get the feeling that we are getting a "Tuesday Fundie visit" vibe from Willie T?

His screen name immediately made me think it was Willie T Roberts (a fundie) because he uses Willie T as his screen name on Instagram. But this guy seems to be older with a different background. 

pretty darn christian.

User title alert... :my_biggrin:

But...are they Def Tones? Or Deft Ones?

Dammit...my posts were merged, now I'm butthurt

10 hours ago, Willie T said:

No, actually I was looking for "Christion Reconstructionism" (sometimes called "Dominionism" or "Theomomy"), a denominational position I know little about, but I like some of the things they seem to stand for.

Aw, shucks.  I think he's left us.  I can't imagine why @Willie T thought he'd find an "honest advocate" for Christian Reconstructionism on Free Jinger.  I mean we have discussed it (and Dominionism and Theonomy) but I'm 99.999% sure always negatively.  And Willie needs to learn to spell Theonomy.

10 hours ago, Willie T said:

I'm curious.  Just off hand, what opinion do you Christians hold of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

I am deeply offended that Willie assumed I am Christian.  Card carrying atheists can quote the Bible too.  And Google is my friend.

9 hours ago, Willie T said:

God help your children if this is what they are learning at the Dining Room Table.

May Rufus help us!  He thinks we are all Fundies!

9 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Anyway, I am still but a wee JingerRoot, still learning the ropes. I love FJ! Now, back to the discussion...

Please keep on posting. You are my kind of wee JingerRoot.  And you write song parodies!:happy-jumpeveryone:

10 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Posts submitted by the same user within a short amount time are automatically combined. It does the same thing for everyone. 

It's 10 minutes as long as no one has posted in between them.  If a post comes in between, they won't merge no matter how long it's been.

9 hours ago, Destiny said:

The mansplaining never really changes, does it? This one really really reminds me of @Gabe and @Ken. There's slight shades of Taliban Tony, but mostly just the mansplaining of those two. 

This one is way better than @Ken  He leaves some words for other people to use.  Unlike Ken who uses as many words and @HerNameIsBuffy and I combined!

The Handmaid’s Tale is not meant to be an instruction manual. It’s supposed to be a cautionary tale. Don’t be Gilead. 

I love this.  We need to use it somewhere.  I've no idea where, but somewhere.

42 minutes ago, Curious said:

This one is way better than @Ken  He leaves some words for other people to use.  Unlike Ken who uses as many words and @HerNameIsBuffy and I combined!

My favorites were probably the Gnostic Christian Bishop and Westchamp.  Westchamp didn't like us swearing at all.  :D

I don’t remember Westchamp. I assume much swearing commenced.

My favourite is Gabe who tried to dictate the terms under which he would deign to talk to us and was astonished that we were not grateful.

"What do you people think about X?"

"How is that relevant?"

"Answer me and I'll tell you."

LOL. No, honey. :pb_lol:

@Destiny said:

For all the fundie's rhetoric of OMG atheists, FJ is actually pretty darn christian. IIRC it's Christians and Atheists tied for first, Jews and Muslims in second, and other / pagan in third. We actually have a ton of christians, and even more former christians who understand the belief system and culture. 

Yes! I started out on FJ as a Christian. Before that I was an agnostic/'spiritual-but-not-religious' type. Now I'm an agnostic-atheist with vague pagan/nature/goddess-based-spirituality leanings. I left Christianity after being involved in the culture and studying in-depth theology, apologetics, church history, and the Bible. That's not to say that I think that studying any of that necessarily leads one to abandoning the faith, not at all! But I'm far from ignorant on the subject. Some of these people trying to school non-Christians have never even read the entire Bible.

i swear every time i read "penis holder" i imagine menfolk walking around naked, holding their junk out and waving it about, yelling "behold! look upon this greatness that is mine!" i think my imagination might be a little too vivid...

31 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

i swear every time i read "penis holder" i imagine menfolk walking around naked, holding their junk out and waving it about, yelling "behold! look upon this greatness that is mine!" i think my imagination might be a little too vivid...

It's more metaphorical than literal, but that's basically it.

I was raised Southern Baptist, married into the Independent Baptists, married again into the Free Will Baptists (that particular church left the FWBs & morphed into non-denominational). Left when they went charismatic & returned to the Southern Baptists, found out they were now way more conservative than when I was growing up, and kicked them to the curb.
Now I tell people I'm an apatheist, because I just don't give a shit about any of it anymore. I'm much happier, & it's done wonders for my mental & emotional health.

47 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

It always reminds me of four year old boys.

14 hours ago, Willie T said:

I used to work in the field of Sex Offending and Child Molesters,

What job is that exactly? My imagination is going wild here.

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

I mean, isn’t that pretty much what they do? ;)

@Willie T, you can't just leave us hanging here! Explain why Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are important!

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Gnostic Christian Bishop

GnosticMan and his powers of copy/paste is a favorite of mine! He got in such a tizzy when we didn't ask questions he had pre-planned answers for and when we showed how he wasn't being a defender of the poor women. He found a conspiracy theory forum that seems to fit him better. 

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

"What do you people think about X?"

"How is that relevant?"

"Answer me and I'll tell you."

LOL. No, honey. :pb_lol:

I wish! He didn't tell us shit. He said "Answer and it will become evident". I went to bed last night with that sentence drifting through my mind in a whispery mysterious voice. "Answer and it will become evident"...ooohhh.... What does it all mean!? I thought maybe I should go out into the night and wonder around in the mist looking for a sign, yelling out "I answered and I am waiting for the truth...where is it?" Maybe a bush would spontaneously com-bust in front of me, or lightning would strike. Perhaps Rufus in his deer form would step trough the trees in a pool of light and ALL things would be revealed to me! I just fell asleep instead.

Also might I suggest a user title : "Googled Theonomy and found myself signed into FJ"

hahahahaha

or something like that. 

I just sang Father Abraham in the shower. DAMMIT FJ!

17 hours ago, Willie T said:

Well, let's see.......  That law says not to cheat people with dishonest scales.  It says to treat strangers well.   And a host of other things.  I kind of find those things appealing.

For the record, cos this bothered me more the more I thought about it, it also says to stone a rape victim, or to sell your daughter to their rapist, or to marry your brother's wife. It says that mixing fibres is an abomination. It says no bacon. (I can do without bacon, but I'm told most people would find that a problem.) It says to sacrifice animals. If the Bible is the inerrant word of god, what's your position on these things?

No, I don't really think he will be back to debate us on the merits, but I had to get that off my chest. 

Oh no, fundie fundie Willie fundie left???? Sucker. 

Do we have any updates on the Turpin 13?  I don't have cable, so no docu for me. 

Wow...my little impulsive rant about inconsistencies in belief around a higher power doing His/Her/Their thing here on Earth really escalated quickly :confused2:

I know I'm an Aussie transplant to the Deep South but @Willie T's inability to understand the point that I was making really made me want to say, "Bless your heart." It's the first time ever that saying actually reflexively came into my head and I'm not sure that it's a good thing :P 

19 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Father Abraham

Had many sons

And many sons had Faaaaaaa-ther Abraham...

Aaaand thank you for THAT earworm!

17 hours ago, Destiny said:

I don't think the lil wimmins can ever really know their minds. I think we all need a penis holder to tell us what we think. 

"penis holder"  *snerk*

Yup, I'm 12.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived