IGNORED

Turpins 3: 2 Monsters, 13 Victims (WARNING abuse and torture)

laPapessaGiovanna

17 hours ago, Destiny said:

Shoutout for my favourite word:

Have I shared the mug Shoobydoo got me for Christmas last year?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

Have I shared the mug Shoobydoo got me for Christmas last year?

Is it dishwasher safe?

47 minutes ago, Aine said:

Wow...my little impulsive rant about inconsistencies in belief around a higher power doing His/Her/Their thing here on Earth really escalated quickly :confused2:

I know I'm an Aussie transplant to the Deep South but @Willie T's inability to understand the point that I was making really made me want to say, "Bless your heart." It's the first time ever that saying actually reflexively came into my head and I'm not sure that it's a good thing :P 

What I don’t understand is what led him to the Turpin thread.   

To be sure, there are a lot of parallels between the Turpins and some fundy families.  And it is obvious that some of the roots for the craziness of LT and DT had roots in major disfunction in their “Christian” families of origin.  But the Turpin parents don’t seem to represent any religious group or philosophy.  

So what brought this guy to read the thread at just this precise moment?  Do you suppose God sent him here?   ;)   (If so, why would God do that?  The Lords Ways are surely mysterious.). 

7 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

What I don’t understand is what led him to the Turpin thread.   

To be sure, there are a lot of parallels between the Turpins and some fundy families.  And it is obvious that some of the roots for the craziness of LT and DT had roots in major disfunction in their “Christian” families of origin.  But the Turpin parents don’t seem to represent any religious group or philosophy.  

So what brought this guy to read the thread at just this precise moment?  Do you suppose God sent him here?   ;)   (If so, why would God do that?  The Lords Ways are surely mysterious.). 

I have a hunch the Rods brought him here because in some circles they were being compared to the Turpins.

17 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

tide.jpg.9683c28f188859be4c3be43eb79fa7f5.jpg

7 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

i swear every time i read "penis holder" i imagine menfolk walking around naked, holding their junk out and waving it about, yelling "behold! look upon this greatness that is mine!" i think my imagination might be a little too vivid...

I'm glad it's not just me!

29 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Is it dishwasher safe?

Yes!  @Shoobydoo will have to tell you where she got it, though; I don't think it was on Etsy.

19 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

I'm glad it's not just me!

Yes!  @Shoobydoo will have to tell you where she got it, though; I don't think it was on Etsy.

@Shoobydoo, REPORT! :-P

If I am going to be snarky and well, lets just say I’m in a mood, I would say that Abraham and his decedents were real or not real men or the combination of a few men that were written about in a Jewish book.  Said book was supposed to be used as a lose history, learning tool, set of laws and cautionary tail.  Then, some Christians took it and made it their own and took certain thing way too literally.  Shit went downhill from there. 

Jacob, Jaaaacob and sons, Joseph was his favorite son.  Jacoooobbb......

3 hours ago, zeebaneighba said:

She's at work for another couple of hours.

How dare she be at work when I need her!? It's all about me, of course!

Seriously, it's cool. I just happen to be in the market for a new favourite mug after butterfingers here dropped hers this morning, and that one looks perfect. 

Man, I saw this topic was hot and clicked over only to find a lackluster troll making completely irrelevant comments. Even more irrelevant than usual, even. But I have been summoned, so I must respond despite the lack of real news!

@Destiny, @zeebaneighba I got the mug off of Amazon. From this listing according to my purchase history. Man, looking at that made me realize we buy way too much stuff on Amazon... :tw_flushed: 

9 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

Man, I saw this topic was hot and clicked over only to find a lackluster troll making completely irrelevant comments. Even more irrelevant than usual, even. But I have been summoned, so I must respond despite the lack of real news!

@Destiny, @zeebaneighba I got the mug off of Amazon. From this listing according to my purchase history. Man, looking at that made me realize we buy way too much stuff on Amazon... :tw_flushed: 

Picture has been blurred to comply with listing guidelines. Your mug will show the complete wording. <<<< LOLOLOLOL! seriously though, thank you. I will be purchasing it. :)

Edit: or maybe this one? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P5A2Q16/ref=psdc_9302388011_t2_B01DV71G06

Edit 2: it appears we will never know why Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were important. :(

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Edit 2: it appears we will never know why Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were important. :(

Super Sad Panda over here.  Come back @Willie T!

@Destiny, you've presented me with a small existential quandry. I would love that grammar mug for a Mother's Day gift, but because I am a mom, I can't have one. :kitty-wink:

7 hours ago, pook said:

I have a hunch the Rods brought him here because in some circles they were being compared to the Turpins.

Interesting.  I don’t know anything about the Rods. Can you point me to a summary about them?  (I already looked in the SOTDRT. Did I miss it?)  Where are they discusssed?

Do you think he (Willie T) is a fan of the Rods or what? 

I need both those mugs...I mean, it's my favorite fucking word!!!

Spoiler

Re: The word fuck: One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. 

ETA I hope this link is the right one and actually works... I can’t play videos right now lol! 

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@Destiny, you've presented me with a small existential quandry. I would love that grammar mug for a Mother's Day gift, but because I am a mom, I can't have one. :kitty-wink:

See, I have just come to terms with the likelihood that any child that I might have is going to know the word fuck. I'll just be happy if it isn't the very first word the hypothetical (not planned) child learns. 

@EmCatlyn - the Rods are Jill & David Rodrigues and their 13 children. David has a print ‘ministry’ and Jill is a grifter extraordinaire. They’ve grifted a house and an RV, among other things, and travel around ‘singing’ for their supper. The children don’t go to school and learn at home, in the loosest possible senses of learn and home. Because most people don’t have 13 children, the Rods have had to make some adaptations to their RV, including two baby cages (one in the floor of the master closet - with a lid so baby can’t pull the clothes - and one at eye level, which used to be a cupboard for crockery, I think). When Jill found out that her unborn baby might have some form of disability, which they thought at the time may have been caused by a stroke, Jill’s instinct was to throw a Pamper Mama party/shower, with a registry that included a kitchen aid mixer, several designer scents, bedding for herself, and a couple of baby items, apparently as an afterthought. In response to criticism of this party, Jill immediately threw her oldest daughter under the bus, allowing her to take all the blame.

Their subforum is here, if you’re not completely disgusted already:

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/413-rvfull-of-grifting-rodrigues-family/

7 hours ago, Aine said:

SVU tonight was based on the Turpins...

Loosely, I might add.

Saw the episode. It was loosely based they also mentioned the family. She 

5 hours ago, Destiny said:

See, I have just come to terms with the likelihood that any child that I might have is going to know the word fuck. I'll just be happy if it isn't the very first word the hypothetical (not planned) child learns. 

IME, you don't have to hypothetically worry about your hypothetical child saying fuck as their first word.  People placed bets on fuck being both my kid's first words and it was not.

I will admit that when my daughter was a toddler she could not say the "tr" sound.  So tree = fee and truck = :)    It drove me parents CRAZY.  So they taught her to say semi in place of truck.   The garbage semi is not the same thing!   They bugged her so much about it that she would get really upset if she was asked to say truck so my fun was ruined.

8 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

I got the mug off of Amazon. From this listing according to my purchase history.

I am SEVERELY tempted by the mug that says, "I do not spew profanities.  I enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady."  

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I am SEVERELY tempted by the mug that says, "I do not spew profanities.  I enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady."  

I have a button saying exactly that on my cube wall at work—hidden discreetly behind a map of the company’s service territory, which can be flipped up to display the button to worthy guests.

15 hours ago, Destiny said:

Picture has been blurred to comply with listing guidelines. Your mug will show the complete wording. <<<< LOLOLOLOL! seriously though, thank you. I will be purchasing it. :)

Edit: or maybe this one? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P5A2Q16/ref=psdc_9302388011_t2_B01DV71G06

Bwahahaha!  I might need that one, too.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived