IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

Anyone in the UK turn to channel 4! A family with 20 kids...I can hear Meechelles tears. Heathens and ‘blessed’ with 20 children, the Duggars would vomit 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus their eldest has at least one child out of wedlock and is living/has lived in the family home with said child ( and I think with her boyfriend at one point).

Still not a normal family though.

The kids go to school, and they're not rigid about gender roles, but its very obvious that the big kids still do a lot of parenting when not in school.

On 04/01/2018 at 3:32 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Aren't JoKen on a ski trip right now? That would explain their absence.

Is it a wise idea to go on a ski trip while pregnant?

Doesn't seem like it is...

5 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Is it a wise idea to go on a ski trip while pregnant?

Doesn't seem like it is...

Here we go again! lol

Josiah has facial hair now and that threw me off a bit. He looks way too much like Smugger in this photo.

tumblr_p23xeqalsX1tjhh0ao2_1280.jpg

Looks like he went out with Jana for lunch. Some fans posted photos of them together. 

I agree, I was immediately struck by how much he looked like Josh. And I've always thought their personalities were really similar, too. He seems to pull off the facial hair pretty well, though. He does look kind of scruffy, like he's going to go pull up some tree stumps with his pickup truck while listening to some top 40 country music after scarfing down that burger. Doesn't really seem to fit his personality, but maybe that's what he's going for.

I'm vaguely psychoanalyzing Josiah based on a selfie with a hamburger. I need more caffeine. 

I’ve always thought Josiah looked a lot like Josh and he talks just like him too. I don’t think it’s the voice necessarily, maybe just his timing and word choice. It icks me out and sadly makes me not like Josiah (and I know he’s not actually josh, my mind just can’t separate them sometimes because of the superficial similarities). I pray to God he’s not anything like Josh on any kind of deeper level.

I follow Marjorie on IG and I can’t figure out how she got caught up in the Duggars’ silly courtship mess. She’s a jeans-wearing, college-attending, published author who seems to thrive in social settings* (and maybe wouldn’t love being a SAHM to eleventy blessings). As a Christian, I see the Duggars as not of the world and also not in the world. Marjorie seems determined to shine her light IN the world, making her a little dangerous by Duggar standards. After all, Josh attempted to shine his light IN the world and wound up becoming OF the world.

*I know she wasn’t published yet and wasn’t in college at the time, but it was very clear that her personality didn’t fit the Duggar mold for women. I wonder if her parents may have intervened in that courtship because they wanted more for her.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Looks like he went out with Jana for lunch. Some fans posted photos of them together. 

I call it. One of them chaperoning the other. Or double date!!

14 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I call it. One of them chaperoning the other. Or double date!!

Yup!!!! Agreed!

He very much looks like Josh here! I honestly think he is very close to Josh (in a good sense!) and I always felt like Josiah seemed lost in this family. He seemed more sensitive, more "feminine" and artsy than his brothers (see "burnt orange and burnt yellow" he requested for  his graduation party, the kitten rescuing when they cleaned the old house, the outfits he wore (not anymore), the pranks he pulled on the film crew,...). I'm not saying he is gay, actually I don't think he is, he is just more artsy and sensitive than his brothers. There are other candidates in this family that I would say are gay but not him. I think he is using Josh as guidance into adulthood because the qualities Josiah orinally used to have are not desired for a man in his famiy, sadly. He would have made a woman happy with his cute personality. I hope it's still left somewhere in him.

Josiah, please don't change to fit this hypermasculine ideal! Be yourself and proof to your family that your personality still can fit in the way your family raised you. It's not a contradiction. There are women out there who will love you for exactly those characteristics!

If one of them is chaperoning the other, I'm going to go with Jana chaperoning Josiah. John-David seems fairly placid, easy-going, good-natured, and like he doesn't cause any trouble, so I could see Jim Bob being okay with him still being single for now, but I can't see him feeling the same way about Josiah. I bet the push is on to get Josiah married off ASAP.

If Josiah gets married to some fundie gal and settles down to have a million fundie babies and run a fundie car lot, I'm going to feel like a lot of people here did when Jinger got married. Depressed. Discouraged. I actually don't even particularly like Josiah, I just think that he has a boatload of potential, and what could be great strengths out in the real world might really hamper him and end up bringing him down in the fundie world. Out of all of them, he seems (so far) like the least suited to this lifestyle. I think there's a reason he went for a girl like Marjorie. I would love to see him enroll in some kind of higher education. He seems to have some innate intelligence, creativity, and an outgoing/somewhat charismatic nature. He could really use that to his advantage in a career. I think like Josh he will not be content with the wife-kids-cars fundie life. I would hate to see him leading a life of quiet misery. But let's be real, that's probably how it'll go.

On 1/4/2018 at 5:44 PM, BlessaYourHeart said:

Anyone in the UK turn to channel 4! A family with 20 kids...I can hear Meechelles tears. Heathens and ‘blessed’ with 20 children, the Duggars would vomit 

Aren't a bunch of them reversals, too?  Stevehovah must be so jealous that some other dudes reattached plumbing fathered more reversals than he did.  

5 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Aren't a bunch of them reversals, too?  Stevehovah must be so jealous that some other dudes reattached plumbing fathered more reversals than he did.

If it’s the Radfords, I think I read he had a vasectomy (and then reversal) after child #9!

They don’t appear to be religious; just wanted a lot of kids.  She was a teen mother (15 or 16 I think).  She married him and is still married to him.

Again, if it’s the Radfords, someone above mentioned the oldest daughter having a child out of wedlock.  She did have a child young but last I saw, has three children, is married to their father, and living out of the home.

The pic of Josiah eating the burger and Josiah and Jana meeting fans are two different occasions. In the burger pic, he uses the hashtag Angus Jack which is a restaurant near their house. The other pic is at Raising Cane's restaurant, and the OP of the pic posted it on Dec. 28. I believe it's the same visit to Raising Cane's where Jackson takes a pic with a Razorback basketball player, which Josiah posted on Dec 27. If anything they should be chaperoned by a doctor. They eat out so often!

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

The pic of Josiah eating the burger and Josiah and Jana meeting fans are two different occasions. In the burger pic, he uses the hashtag Angus Jack which is a restaurant near their house. The other pic is at Raising Cane's restaurant, and the OP of the pic posted it on Dec. 28. I believe it's the same visit to Raising Cane's where Jackson takes a pic with a Razorback basketball player, which Josiah posted on Dec 27. If anything they should be chaperoned by a doctor. They eat out so often!

Thanks for the correction. He was wearing the same clothes and the tumblr I saw them on had them right after each other so I just assumed.

re: Josiah, i suppose he was as close as I got to a "pet fundie" here. I always really liked him. I felt bad for him when he was sent to ALERT for a year, and I always got the feeling Boob hated him. Then he got thrown into that relationship with Marjorie so quickly I assumed Boob had other motives there. So yes, it would probably bother me greatly if Josiah became more Josh-like. 

6 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Who of the adult unmarried Duggar children would be your ideal next courtship/engagement/wedding and why?

Jana. I don't want her to end up with someone like Tabitha Paine's husband because "she waited too long"

When did facial hair become OK for the Duggar men?  I feel like Dwreck was the first to break that barrier, but not sure when all the others took the plunge.  I thought it was taboo, or at least frowned upon, like short hair for women.  And now saying that--when did straight hair become OK for the women and girls? 

There's nothing against facial hair in the Bible, I know facial hair and long hair for men became societal no-no's because the Romans forbid it on men in military service as it made them easier to kill. Also, I think the Duggars might have had a more exciting New Year's than I did, I was stuck home babysitting my mother's Fundie spawn. 

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Jana. I don't want her to end up with someone like Tabitha Paine's husband because "she waited too long"

Jana or John David! Purely because I think it's their turn

On 1/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, Carm_88 said:

Born in Fire! I've been on a wicked Nora Roberts kick lately! :) 

Love that trilogy! Nora Roberts is one of my faves, and her J.D Robb "In Death" series too :)

5 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Who of the adult unmarried Duggar children would be your ideal next courtship/engagement/wedding and why?

I would like to see JD bring home his version of Whitney Bates. 

Jana just because someone pushing 30 sharing a room with a bunch of grade school kids is beyond depressing.

Or Josiah because he just needs to be away from the clan.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived