IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 32: Another Year and How Many New Duggars?

Coconut Flan

lmao, What is this woman doing signing Duggar books? Nobody knows who she is??? This is gold! I love it!

So, I'm fairly certain, based on five minutes of google sleuthing, that Lauren Swanson is not the daughter of batshit insane pastor Kevin Swanson. But I think I know who her father is: Dwain Swanson. He's been involved with ATI in the past, speaking at events. He runs some kind of ministry called 'Courageous Men of the Word'. He "mentors more than 150 men in 41 states by using a special headset while riding a lawn mower as he runs his landscaping company" which is based in Georgia.

I can't find his children's names, but I did find this family pic, and it sure looks like the girl on the left could be Josiah's Lauren:

lauren2.thumb.jpg.3f9506bf079ce04ac20a1ba7ae1d957e.jpg

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a Lauren Swanson, eldest daughter of Dwain Swanson who you can see here:

http://courageousmenoftheword.com/

Their photo looks like it could be at Jingers wedding?

According to Pickles, they also featured in the 19KAC episode as the Bontragers.

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1515820295880.jpg.f9d6015057dd85d978dcf8e6ab10d048.jpg

So she's a nice IBLP skirt wearing choice of "friend"

Top left—> they signed it Lauren and Josiah...

8F8790BB-853E-4310-8A02-E8BF5EAA2C59.png

Lmao tlc and people are gonna be so pissed when they find out that a girl on insta rouined their exclusives 

Just now, singsingsing said:

Okay, I'm convinced. Engagement announcement incoming in 3... 2... 1...

When is the new season due to start?

We'll get a courtship announcement between now and then!

Also seriously of they wanted to keep it secret, don't bring your son's maybe fiance/special friend to Australia with you!!

Just now, Kangaroo said:

When is the new season due to start?

We'll get a courtship announcement between now and then!

Also seriously of they wanted to keep it secret, don't bring your son's maybe fiance/special friend to Australia with you!!

I'm thinking they no longer care about keeping it a secret. They wouldn't trot her out to sign books with Josiah if they wanted to keep it under wraps. That's why I'm speculating that they're already or almost engaged. This fits with the timeline of him randomly getting back on Instagram last summer, too. If they started courting in June or July or even August, they could easily be engaged by now (or any minute now). 

Just now, singsingsing said:

I'm thinking they no longer care about keeping it a secret. They wouldn't trot her out to sign books with Josiah if they wanted to keep it under wraps. That's why I'm speculating that they're already or almost engaged. This fits with the timeline of him randomly getting back on Instagram last summer, too. If they started courting in June or July or even August, they could easily be engaged by now (or any minute now). 

Better not propose in Australia! However will her family get to watch??

(I happily volunteer to yell annoyingly in the background of it makes for good TV)

5 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Don’t worry! They can watch the proposal on Counting On in roughly two years when it finally airs!

47 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I found the girl who posted those videos on her Instagram story and she posted this pic:

AF847E37-EEBE-409D-B285-5A2F906A5008.thumb.png.c5caa810088573b5d85f55a06de0a890.png

seems serious if she’s signing books!

also: Laura DeMasie was also on stage with them and Michelle briefly mentions her in the video as well. I wonder is something is  up with her too

Who's Laura DeMasie? And how old is she? I ask because depending on her age, she could be looking to start a courtship with  JD or Jed/Jer. Them and Josiah are the only guys available. And it looks like Josiah is taken. However she is, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something going on with her too.

You go to shower and you miss a lot. I agree with others. All the evidence points to Josiah and Lauren currently being in a courtship. I'll give them till next Friday to announce it. I wouldn't be surprised if her family wanted to keep quiet until it got really serious like the Bontrangers. Does anyone know how old she is?

20 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

(I happily volunteer to yell annoyingly in the background of it makes for good TV)

He won’t TLC won’t be there. Tlc has been hiding the ATI connection since Counting On. 

I wonder how long they kept Josiah in the 'friend' stage before officially courting to make sure it would stick this time? 

My parents would never ever ever have allowed me as a teen to date a reality star. As an adult, max parental pressure to desist. I wonder who thinks 'this would be great for my kid'! (Of course some might not be happy about it but worry saying no might just lead to sinful sinning).

13 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Who's Laura DeMasie? And how old is she? I ask because depending on her age, she could be looking to start a courtship with  JD or Jed/Jer. Them and Josiah are the only guys available. And it looks like Josiah is taken. However she is, I wouldn't be surprised if there's something going on with her too.

You go to shower and you miss a lot. I agree with others. All the evidence points to Josiah and Lauren currently being in a courtship. I'll give them till next Friday to announce it. I wouldn't be surprised if her family wanted to keep quiet until it got really serious like the Bontrangers. Does anyone know how old she is?

Laura DeMasie is Jana’s friend who lived with the Duggars for a while and was the wedding coordinator for Joy and Austin and Joe and Kendra

she’s 32 though, so JD seems like the only possible match

ill try to find out how old Lauren is and repost back.

Yeah the book signing  convinced me too. He’ll probably propose in Australia. A la Jinger style with Michelle closeby on some Australian romantic site. 

What I think is interesting is (If I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong!)  that originally we had heard CO was returning in early January. I think I remember seeing it on TLC's Facebook even. But now they've bumped it to Feb 26th. So are they hoping VSA for the Forsyth arrival for the premiere? Or time to create a VSA for 'Siah's courting/proposal? Or not wanting to compete with everyone else's returning shows from the holiday break?

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

Laura DeMasie is Jana’s friend who lived with the Duggars for a while and was the wedding coordinator for Joy and Austin and Joe and Kendra

she’s 32 though, so JD seems like the only possible match

Thanks. Wouldn't be surprised if her and JD happen. I'm sure the Duggars and Bates are starting to realize that it's time for the boys to get married. The only Duggar girl available is Jana. After that, there's 8 boys. There's no Bates girl available since Carlin and Josie are in relationships and Katie is still too young. That leaves Lawson, Nathan and Trace as the only Bates old enough to start courting and get married.

The Duggars are heading to New Zealand as well. They have a speaking engagement on the 18th. I expect them to announce Josiah and Lauren's courtship by then.

Laura DeMasie has been around forever. Not saying it’s impossible, but I feel like if something were going to happen between her and JD it would’ve happened already.

I don’t recall hearing that Counting On was coming back in early January. I remember speculation about whether it would be back at all, a few photos of them filming, and then the announcement that it was coming back end of February. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were timing it in the hopes of getting a Joy birth special in there as well. Now it’s looking like Josiah might be engaged by then too. All we’d need at that point is a pregnancy announcement from Jessa and we will have reached critical Duggar saturation point.

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

I also volunteer to yell annoyingly. Most of what I say will need to be censored due to my swearing habits tho...

Since the Duggars are in the Melbourne area, "The Apostles" would make a beautiful setting for an engagement. Suitably religious name, too.

IMG_1721.JPG

I knew Josiah would be next! If they weren't planning on announcing just yet, they certainly will now. Curious to see if this courtship is any different (i.e. super short or something) because Josiah already had a failed courtship once before. This girl looks pretty cookie cutter fundie-- long skirts, long hair, large family, parents involved in some weird 'ministry.'

15 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

This girl looks pretty cookie cutter fundie-- long skirts, long hair, large family, parents involved in some weird 'ministry.'

I was wondering myself if they went for a "sure thing" type of relationship for him... not who I would have pictured him with but hopefully they are happy together.

Yeah, I feel like they may have gone a more conservative route after jeans-wearing, ambitious-for-a-fundie-girl Marjorie. But I guess we'll know more in the coming weeks.

So in the next Weeks we will have probably jessa's pregnancy announce, Joy's delivery and 'Si courthisp/engagement announce. What the show will be feutur? Oh right old wedding and baby announce, so boring as usual

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived