IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

The Duggars are isolated, even for fundies. I could absolutely see Jana not being impressed with her very limited choices.  I tend to agree with those who think Jana wasn't going for yet another fundie "preacher." (I fully acknowledge that I am speculating.) 

I may be overstating. I am thinking of how cult-like IBLP when I say isolated. Jinger, Jill, and Jessa, did marry someone from outside so obviously that border is permeable. 

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The border is permeable, but Jana might be refusing to do it. I have a friend who is turning 30 this year and has never once been in a relationship. She refuses to try out things like online dating, etc, because she believes if she trusts God enough, He will guide the right man to her. She won't take it into her own hands, and therefore, has had zero opportunities. Jana might be the same for all we know - she believes God will bring the right man to her and so therefore she doesn't go out looking in any form, whether it's expressing casual interest in a friend's friend, or signing up for Christian Mingle, lol. 

Jana has alluded to being very picky. It’s totally possible she’s too picky or has interests outside of settling down. I don’t mind her not being super open, I think it lessons her chances of getting a Derick. Of course that could lead her to a Tim Robertson situation, but gosh I hope not.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:32 PM, eveandadam said:

I think the same about Joy and Austin. They do have social media but they seem the most fundie to me out of the couples. Even more fundie than JB and Michelle. It's just a vibe I get from them. Joe and Kendra just seem very vanilla and fundie for that reason alone. Joy and Austin are diferent. I think they will be extremely fundie in the future and I expect Joy to have the most Duggar grand-children, 12 or more. All the rest of them, I see them stopping at 4-6 children.

I think there was some Reddit AMA where a person who knew the Duggars said Joy was the most conservative/outspokenly fundie of the siblings. Not surprising to me. 

It would probably all take a hard right turn into White Supremacist Crazy-Ville, but I could see her and Austin becoming live-off-the-land homesteaders (with better execution than the Nauglers) and just kinda keeping mostly to themselves on their plot of land, hunting and all that. Hopefully living far enough out in the boonies that only the birds and the bears can hear their batshittery. 

On 4/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

I can see Jinger drinking wine in her future.

I think this may be a given. We know Jeremy has no problem with it.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:22 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

I think there was some Reddit AMA where a person who knew the Duggars said Joy was the most conservative/outspokenly fundie of the siblings. Not surprising to me. 

It would probably all take a hard right turn into White Supremacist Crazy-Ville, but I could see her and Austin becoming live-off-the-land homesteaders (with better execution than the Nauglers) and just kinda keeping mostly to themselves on their plot of land, hunting and all that. Hopefully living far enough out in the boonies that only the birds and the bears can hear their batshittery. 

The thing with Joy though is she is VERY young, and VERY in love - And VERY in love with her life right now. IME, those things all lead to more extreme views on how extremely right you are. Also, IME, just general day to day life and experience smooth some of the edges off of all that. That applies wether your extreme love of how great YOUR worldview is comes from Joy’s 20 year old life -or any other 20 year old who is head over heels happy and certain  of their path. 

I could see them being isolated survivalist homesteader types - but many of the activities they enjoy are more communal / require interaction with the world. My personal opinion, based on nothing, is that they’ll remain super conservative, but won’t spend much time spreading that message - they seem to prefer flipping houses, riding ATV’s, hunting, camping etc.. Really, the only thing that sets them apart in day to day life from lots of other rural young families is no beer, probably no super extreme video gaming and (at least currently) no stated plans to only have 2 or 3  kids.

Spoiler

3F4B3ADA-F087-4064-BDF7-D8A42E2F58E9.thumb.jpeg.5336e14b6ddc3b6c16e8f9bfbdde14ee.jpegE39B8473-791F-405B-8824-00B9115016E8.thumb.jpeg.723e0f729ac8e5a879fe0fa4f783c81f.jpeg

Jana was at Big Sandy for the family conference. On the one hand, yay that she got to spend some time with others closer in age to her (ie. not babysitting)! But on the other, well, it’s Big Sandy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that Jana thought she needed that extra 2 inches of lace on the bottom when her dress was already to her knees.  (see photo above)

38 minutes ago, Purrl said:

I can't believe that Jana thought she needed that extra 2 inches of lace on the bottom when her dress was already to her knees.  (see photo above)

It doesn't look like she added it - it just looks like it's a lined dress and we're seeing where the inside lining stops.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like posts about Laura should be on Jana’s thread. I was looking at who Derick follows on Twitter and she was on the list. Her Twitter bio says that she likes guys with beards.

42 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Her Twitter bio says that she likes guys with beards.

Wait, seriously? Isn't that kind of risque for a fundie maiden (not because liking guys with beards is actually risque, but because expressing a preference for a physical feature in a man is inherently risque for a fundie)? This makes me wonder if she's maybe already in a relationship with a guy with a beard.

Also, did her dad die or are her parents divorced? Looking at her (public) Facebook, she's in a family photo with what look to be her siblings and her mom, but no dad in sight. We're talking about Laura DeMasie, right?

I don’t think that’s the real Laura that the Duggars know. I would be quite shocked if she put something like that. Does she even have a Twitter? Derick also recently made his account private. 

4 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I don’t think that’s the real Laura that the Duggars know. I would be quite shocked if she put something like that. Does she even have a Twitter? Derick also recently made his account private. 

It’s definitely the real Laura- she’s @masiespace on Twitter. I had followed Derick before he went private, so I can still see his account.

Laura once posted a photo of herself with a woman and an older man and a younger man, who looked like father and son and both had beards. They could be her father and brother.

@QuiverFullofBooks Yep, you’re right. I wonder how long she’s had that in her bio? Kinda shocked but I guess not really. She definitely comes from a conservative branch of Christianity, but it’s not quite at the same level as the Duggars. When I was younger and was around highly conservative friends and families, having simple physical preferences for a spouse wasn’t necessarily wrong, but they’d probably find it odd or even inappropriate/worldly to post that stuff on social media. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Jessa posted a bunch of pictures and a video of Jana’s garden on her Instagram tonight and it is absolutely amazing. I’m torn between hoping that Jana really is happy and is choosing the life that she wants, and reminding myself not to be naive enough to believe that she has much choice in anything. It does seem like she must be given a certain amount of free reign and money to be able to build that beautiful garden. 

12 minutes ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

So Jessa posted a bunch of pictures and a video of Jana’s garden on her Instagram tonight and it is absolutely amazing. I’m torn between hoping that Jana really is happy and is choosing the life that she wants, and reminding myself not to be naive enough to believe that she has much choice in anything. It does seem like she must be given a certain amount of free reign and money to be able to build that beautiful garden. 

Showing the work involved in that garden could an interesting plot point. So I know it will never happen, the producers will just throw in a random question about what sort of vegetable Jana would be. Riveting. 

To be real, I'm totally coveting Jana's garden. I'm pretty much a SAHD with a tenth of her responsibilities and mine is a sliver in desperate need of weeding... I also think some of my plants got damaged in the storms we've been having in my area.

I appreciate that Jessa's video and photos cover several different areas of the garden. It suggests that she took the time to go around and properly show her followers Jana's handiwork. Also: Spurgeon.

That garden is beautiful. I can tell much time and effort went into it.

Someone suggested she should make an instagram of her garden and I would totally be down.

12 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Showing the work involved in that garden could an interesting plot point. So I know it will never happen, the producers will just throw in a random question about what sort of vegetable Jana would be. Riveting. 

Beautiful garden, but I guess the excuse for not covering such is that the show is called "COUNTING ON"  and Jana is not contributing to that process. Well, at least in the only way that is valid and noteworthy in that cult.

A simply beautiful garden. Well done. You can tell so much time and effort went into it. It looks so serene. I hope it's a place of genuine peace for Jana, and not a burden. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived