IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

Every time I see a new picture of Jana, I am just in awe of how gorgeous she is. She deserves only the best. I hope that when she is ready, she finds a winner of a partner. I truly think she is being selective and is purposely rejecting offers of ones that are duds. She is shy and QUIET (I’ve met her in person) and probably is not going out of her way to find someone. I am inspired by her independence and willingness to not give into the peer pressures of fundamentalist super young marriage! She has raised the younger Duggars very well and is probably not motivated to have 10+ kids of her own. 

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I am inspired by her independence

The last thing she is, is independent. :(

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

A simply beautiful garden. Well done. You can tell so much time and effort went into it. It looks so serene. I hope it's a place of genuine peace for Jana, and not a burden. 

She deserves some peace. I don't even think her parents know how much she does for the family.  

I really wish they would showcase the garden more. They could do entire episodes on how they are building things for the garden and planting. They could give advice and tips on how they’re doing it. I’d rather watch an episode on this. 

I think Jana deliberately wants to keep it private. They have probably offered to do an episode on her garden and I don’t think she wants to be in the spotlight. 

JB and Michelle may not appreciate everything Jana has done but you can tell Jessa does. Jessa is always raving about Jana. Now that Jessa’s older and a mom herself, she probably realizes that Jana was more of a mom than Michelle and feels bad about it. 

I would watch Counting On if the whole season was about that garden only. And are those chickens and ducks? I would love something like that. Alas I live in a condo and this year's crop will be chives, basil, and rosemary.  Oh and I have solar powered flamingo lights. That's  got to count for something.:my_biggrin:

11 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

And are those chickens and ducks?

That's what I see. (Well, ducks and a sign that says "Chick Inn".) And 3 bunny rabbits. :face_rabbit::face_rabbit::face_rabbit:

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Too bad she can't move into that little house-

I hope she has a secret phone and some popcorn stashed there so she can watch Netflix on her own while she is busy 'gardening'.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Too bad she can't move into that little house-

I would complain a lot less about Jana's situation if she were re-locacted to a guest house or small house or some such adjacent property. A 28 year old woman having to share a bed-room with children that aren't hers will never be anything but outrageous to me.  

Jana has been an adult for over 10 years. She should be able to do live, spend, pursue, study, worship, date anyone or anything she wants. If her life choices and situation are of  her choosing, great, but if it not, this is criminal treatment for a neurotypical adult. Same could be said for the Maxwell  girls.

Wasn't there a rumor that Jana and a friend lived in a separate little house that was still on the compound?

@CarrotCake I had this scenario planted in my head where one of the kids pass by her on her phone and she's watching those movies about Jesus and then once they leave she switches back to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 

7 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

@CarrotCake I had this scenario planted in my head where one of the kids pass by her on her phone and she's watching those movies about Jesus and then once they leave she switches back to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 

Maybe she got the gardening as a cover for doing sneaky things idea from Orange Is The New Black :bananna-demon:

Mmm, I wonder if Jana is growing any of the "devils parsley" in her garden? (A Monk reference.) 

14 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I would complain a lot less about Jana's situation if she were re-locacted to a guest house or small house or some such adjacent property. A 28 year old woman having to share a bed-room with children that aren't hers will never be anything but outrageous to me.  

That is the thing that gets me the most about her situation. Nothing wrong with living with/close to your parents and your siblings at 28 and taking care of your family instead of working outside. It's the lack of choice she has and the fact that she probably doesn't have her own room in that huge house that get's me the most.

24 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

the fact that she probably doesn't have her own room in that huge house

From what I remember, that huge house has very few bedrooms.  I could be wrong, though.  

3 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

From what I remember, that huge house has very few bedrooms.  I could be wrong, though.  

But Grandma Duggar had her own room and she moved out. You would think that either she or John-David could get the room.

I think id rather share a room with a younger sibling vs a room off the laundry room. Its almost guaranteed she’s picked up all of those jobs anyway being the only grown up daughter on site. Boob has been very clever in this regard. Keep one grown daughter in the house to keep the littlies in line, do all of the household tasks and generally play “mum”.

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

I think id rather share a room with a younger sibling vs a room off the laundry room. Its almost guaranteed she’s picked up all of those jobs anyway being the only grown up daughter on site. Boob has been very clever in this regard. Keep one grown daughter in the house to keep the littlies in line, do all of the household tasks and generally play “mum”.

Actually,  I think it's Michelle that wants to keep Jana around more than Boob, because she would have to pick up the slack if she left.  Boob has made several comments/jokes about Jana being single, and I don't think he would have said anything like that if he was preventing her from marrying.  He would marry her off in a hot minute if it looked like TLC was going to call it quits.

I wish I had her garden skills, I love the idea but I have brown thumb I can do a small herb garden some peppers and tomatoes, but even with that I need dh's help because I'm useless in trying to grow things. Unless it screams and asks to be fed, I kill it, it seems. :confusion-shrug:

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wish I had her garden skills, I love the idea but I have brown thumb I can do a small herb garden some peppers and tomatoes, but even with that I need dh's help because I'm useless in trying to grow things. Unless it screams and asks to be fed, I kill it, it seems. :confusion-shrug:

You know I thought I had a brown thumb but I started a garden this year, and it is beautiful!!!!!! It just takes a lot of time/ effort that I didn’t have before! 

• 3 weeks later...

I just got this reply on the engagement announcement. The subject at hand was whether Jana had her own room or not. This person has “been to their house”, I’m not sure in what manner. Thoughts?

3CAD14A7-61CE-496A-B600-BDBB0B9970B7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

I just got this reply on the engagement announcement. The subject at hand was whether Jana had her own room or not. This person has “been to their house”, I’m not sure in what manner. Thoughts?

3CAD14A7-61CE-496A-B600-BDBB0B9970B7.jpeg

Technically It was a courtship announcement, not engagement. Alas, they’ll be engaged in 2 months anyway lol

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

Technically It was a courtship announcement, not engagement. Alas, they’ll be engaged in 2 months anyway lol

Yes. I typed the wrong thing. I was distracted by real life. The real meat of my post is the picture though. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived