IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

46 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Why not Josie? She deserves as much as any other little Duggar child. She didn’t ask to be born into her circumstances anymore than they did.

Because JB and MEchelle would notice if Josie disappeared, and call the cops.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s not an answer but whatever. 

It's not that Josie deserves less (time, energy, attention, adoration...), it's that all the others deserve (ed) MORE. Not more than Josie, just MORE and for some (Jordyn, Jenny) any attention at all-

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Why not Josie? She deserves as much as any other little Duggar child. She didn’t ask to be born into her circumstances anymore than they did.

Oh, it's nothing against Josie, sorry that it came out that way! The logic within it is that JBoob and Michelle grip on her so tight that Jana just can't get her.

My heart aches for Jana. Now Jabbie is happening I doubt she will hear two words of sense spoken together for weeks at a time :(

1 minute ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

My heart aches for Jana. Now Jabbie is happening I doubt she will hear two words of sense spoken together for weeks at a time :(

Exactly. I just keep hoping this IS what she wants, but I can't lose the feeling that she was too picky. That JB found the "perfect" guy but unlike Jill she rejected him and maybe even a 2nd one. And now that JB is set the Bates have 2 guys needing wives, but will the two TV networks allow that?

The only thing worse is if she now has a pressure match and I really would not put it past JBM to push her into a match to save face. 

1 minute ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Exactly. I just keep hoping this IS what she wants, but I can't lose the feeling that she was too picky. That JB found the "perfect" guy but unlike Jill she rejected him and maybe even a 2nd one. And now that JB is set the Bates have 2 guys needing wives, but will the two TV networks allow that?

I’m 30 years old, I’ve been ‘out in the world’ far more than Jana, and I’ve never met a man I’ve been remotely interested in marrying. I’ve barely met any men I’ve even been interested in dating. It happens. Not saying it’s the case for Jana, but it’s just as likely as her being ‘too picky’.

5 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Now this just sounds like a start of a Romeo & Juliet adaption in the making...

(bolding mine)

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I’m 30 years old, I’ve been ‘out in the world’ far more than Jana, and I’ve never met a man I’ve been remotely interested in marrying. I’ve barely met any men I’ve even been interested in dating. It happens. Not saying it’s the case for Jana, but it’s just as likely as her being ‘too picky’.

Oh, I agree! I just hope she really is where she wants to be.  I had a bad marriage--I LIKE being alone lol. But her world is so radically different from mine that I think she must have some feelings of wanting to at least be seen as an adult. And it will take marriage for that to fully happen. Yes, she's trusted to run things--but always with John when the folks are away. Or with Grandma. 

1 minute ago, finnlassie said:

Now this just sounds like a start of a Romeo & Juliet adaption in the making...

(bolding mine)

Doesn't it? It's one thing to have a Duggar as a nameless face in the crowd or in the wedding of a Bates but to be the BRIDE? I don't know what UP Net would do. They obviously don't want the taint of dear Joshy

I’m the same age as Jana and haven’t dated anyone serious for a long while. 

Good men are hard to come by. I might be too picky but I will not settle. Marriage is hard work even if it’s an ideal pairing. 

On 6/27/2018 at 9:05 AM, habert said:

I’m very interested in gardening with my absolute 0 experience. But I live in a small apartment in Chicago, and I’m constantly working :(. I suppose it’s more of a long term goal for me. 

You could do boxes on the windowsills

On 7/10/2018 at 11:37 AM, finnlassie said:

Oh, it's nothing against Josie, sorry that it came out that way! The logic within it is that JBoob and Michelle grip on her so tight that Jana just can't get her.

She wouldn't leave without Josie, though.  Josie's her baby, she raised her.  Tbh I think the reason she hasn't married is that that would basically mean leaving her eight-year-old daughter behind.

Now, if there was some way to convince JB and Michelle to let Josie go live with Jana once she's married...

I honestly don't think Jana has raised Josie (seizure incident notwithstanding). Josie is Michelle's only child.

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I honestly don't think Jana has raised Josie (seizure incident notwithstanding). Josie is Michelle's only child.

Michelle may be obsessed with Josie and may enjoy "loving on" her, but I think it was Jana who's done all the nitty-gritty stuff like diaper changes, teaching, and comforting her when she's upset.

Michelle is all about the youngest child and always has been.   The babies buddy.  Josie would have been bumped by Jubilee, just bet on it. 

13 hours ago, bekkah said:

I’m the same age as Jana and haven’t dated anyone serious for a long while. 

Good men are hard to come by. I might be too picky but I will not settle. Marriage is hard work even if it’s an ideal pairing. 

Exactly. If I were Jana the thing making me the most miserable in life would be all the constant “poor Jana” talk - from ALL sides. 

I mean really, we constantly go on about how women shouldn’t be defined by men or children, but then that’s exactly what we do. Yes, it’s different because she lives with her parents and doesn’t have a paid full-time career, but she has hobbies, she has friends, she more than contributes to running a household. Except for the monumental family size - her life isn’t that different from many women all over the world. 

I wouldn't feel sorry for Jana IF she was in her own little apartment alone (or with a roommate if she wanted), had a job & a life that she wanted BUT having been raised very similar to her I know that none of that is even an option for her. She is there until she marries & that makes me sad for her.

9 hours ago, RavenclawPajamas said:

Michelle may be obsessed with Josie and may enjoy "loving on" her, but I think it was Jana who's done all the nitty-gritty stuff like diaper changes, teaching, and comforting her when she's upset.

Jana doesn't particularly look closer to Josie than to any of the other younger ones. In fact I don't think she looks all that close to JD either, not like there's a special twin connection. She seems closer to her sisters.  When she said she hoped to be friends with JD's future wife I think it was after the interviewer asked her a leading question like "do you want to be best friends with his future wife?" And she answered "sure". All these reasons people are looking for, for why Jana is staying , are reasons others are projecting on her. I think she'd be out of there in a heartbeat if she met the right guy. 

12 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I think Josie was mostly raised by Jill, especially her first couple years

9 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Michelle is all about the youngest child and always has been.   The babies buddy.  Josie would have been bumped by Jubilee, just bet on it. 

But as an infant, Jill was left behind with Josie A LOT. I mean, Jana was needed to help manage the howlers and lost girls. But Jill was very involved in the first year or two. 

If those kids got any raising and care at all it was Jana and Jill’s doing. They were scared of Jana:)  Jessa was the Homeschool  autocrat and made that her occupation because she was very good at it and Jinger just seemed doing the bare minimum expected domestically. There was some discussion years ago now about how Jana and probably  had got Jim Bobs hustler/hard worker Duggar genes and her next youngest sisters got Michelle’s traits.

9 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Michelle never seemed to care about any kid other than the "next" one.

58 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle never seemed to care about any kid other than the "next" one.

I could not help myself but think of the "NEXT!!!" lady 

2dvgk9.jpg

17 hours ago, Greendoor said:

And she only hung onto that one for what? SIx weeks/six months then weaned him/her to get pregnant again! I think she has been more VISIBLE with Josie and probably has given her more one-on-one time due to doctor visits and things like that where it would look very bad for a sibling to take the child. Like any mother with live-in help she can play Mommy when she wants and forget about it when she doesn't want. After all there's her adult kids (nanny and housekeeper Jana, the surrogate Dad, John David, the one with "wisdom" if needed (Grandma)). 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived