IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

She may genuinely pity us heathens who have to make our way in the world without abheadship to cover and protect us.

I'm guessing this is the case. So far every Duggarling that we've speculated may be a rebel in some way shape or form has remained fundie. They've been heavily indoctrinated since birth, they live in a bubble that constantly reinforces their beliefs, and they have very little incentive to want to change because they currently lead very privileged lives. Some of them have made minor positive changes, which is cool, but I don't see any of them actually pining for the secular world in any real way, at least so far.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm guessing this is the case. So far every Duggarling that we've speculated may be a rebel in some way shape or form has remained fundie. They've been heavily indoctrinated since birth, they live in a bubble that constantly reinforces their beliefs, and they have very little incentive to want to change because they currently lead very privileged lives. Some of them have made minor positive changes, which is cool, but I don't see any of them actually pining for the secular world in any real way, at least so far.

Beyond maybe JD, non of the Duggars have the skills or tenacity to function in the secular world. Without JB Duggar, they would all be sunk. In this regard, the lack of parental wealth worked in the Bateses' kidults  favor. 

Disclaimer- maybe some of the kidults do have those skills and just choose not use them.

I do think being on the show may warped some of their thought processes. There might be a few who genuinely expect a paycheck for just existing and being godly. John David may very well have a decent work ethic. Jana works hard enough for 10. However, no one born a Duggar has truly lived indepently of Jim Bob pre-marriage or had a 40 hour plus work week having to answer to someone other than Jim Bob. John David's plane was bought with TLC money or Jim Bob's savings. I would consider Jim Bob more so than John David the owner of that plane. 

I think once the thrill of sex and childbirth wears off there will be more rebellion than simply more wearing jeans or leggings. It is almost inevitable that SOMEONE will divorce, for example. I think, too, someone as an adult, will go to college. Those kinds of things can take time. Most of the Jkids are still so happy to be out of the house and doing chores just for themselves/hubby that something like faith (however twisted and not Biblical much of it is) is just down the list too far after binge-watching Chip/Joanna and listening to formerly forbidden CCM and Country music.

I look at those girls like the housewives of my Mom's generation (had kids in 1950s/early 60s) they had to have a voice to articulate it for them. When that happened, they responded. It will happen

6 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I think once the thrill of sex and childbirth wears off there will be more rebellion than simply more wearing jeans or leggings. It is almost inevitable that SOMEONE will divorce, for example. I think, too, someone as an adult, will go to college. Those kinds of things can take time. Most of the Jkids are still so happy to be out of the house and doing chores just for themselves/hubby that something like faith (however twisted and not Biblical much of it is) is just down the list too far after binge-watching Chip/Joanna and listening to formerly forbidden CCM and Country music.

I look at those girls like the housewives of my Mom's generation (had kids in 1950s/early 60s) they had to have a voice to articulate it for them. When that happened, they responded. It will happen

I agree. It may not be a lot of them, but a few. There are just too many of them for no one to 'rebel' in any kind of significant way. I totally get how serious the indoctrination is, and I'm the first to say that they've got that combination of brainwashing + privilege going that's probably keeping them pretty content with the status quo... but there are 19 of them. The world is a big place and it's more connected and open than ever, even for fundies. And life is unpredictable. Most of the married couples have already deviated in small ways from the way they (at least on the Duggar side) were raised. I'm just waiting to see who's going to deviate in a major way.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There are just too many of them for no one to 'rebel' in any kind of significant way. I totally get how serious the indoctrination is, and I'm the first to say that they've got that combination of brainwashing + privilege going that's probably keeping them pretty content with the status quo... but there are 19 of them. The world is a big place and it's more connected and open than ever, even for fundies. And life is unpredictable. Most of the married couples have already deviated in small ways from the way they (at least on the Duggar side) were raised. I'm just waiting to see who's going to deviate in a major way.

I'm also waiting for someone from Jackson on down to grow up and see that, like child actors, they were robbed of a childhood.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I agree. It may not be a lot of them, but a few. There are just too many of them for no one to 'rebel' in any kind of significant way. I totally get how serious the indoctrination is, and I'm the first to say that they've got that combination of brainwashing + privilege going that's probably keeping them pretty content with the status quo... but there are 19 of them. The world is a big place and it's more connected and open than ever, even for fundies. And life is unpredictable. Most of the married couples have already deviated in small ways from the way they (at least on the Duggar side) were raised. I'm just waiting to see who's going to deviate in a major way.

How has Joy rebelled even in a small way?  Maybe I'm missing something but she seems 100% on board with the Duggar message.

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

How has Joy rebelled even in a small way?  Maybe I'm missing something but she seems 100% on board with the Duggar message.

Right, that's why I said most, not all. We've seen Josh and Anna, Jill and Derick, Ben and Jessa, and Jinger and Jeremy make small deviations from the 'Duggar way' (for lack of a better term). The only two couples I haven't seen any such deviations from so far are Joe and Kendra and Joy and Austin, who also (maybe coincidentally, maybe not) happen to be the most lately married couples.

36 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Right, that's why I said most, not all. We've seen Josh and Anna, Jill and Derick, Ben and Jessa, and Jinger and Jeremy make small deviations from the 'Duggar way' (for lack of a better term). The only two couples I haven't seen any such deviations from so far are Joe and Kendra and Joy and Austin, who also (maybe coincidentally, maybe not) happen to be the most lately married couples.

we don't see much of Joken I find it interesting that so far they are the only couple to not have any form of social media. I say good for them but it does make me wonder if they are deviating from the Fundy hard line in certain ways and just keeping it very under wraps. it will be interesting to see the episodes of them post marriage. 

I agree that with so many children it is simply not possible for ALL of them to stay fundie. 

I am not even talking about Josh, that has broken a few fundie rules as well as some non-fundie rules. Even if you do not consider him, 18 people, all raised fundie... from my point of view it is highly unlikely that ALL of them remain fundie forever. 

4 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I say good for them but it does make me wonder if they are deviating from the Fundy hard line in certain ways

Slight thread drift from Jana....I think JoKen are hardcore, full frontal fundies, and the fact that they don't have social media supports that even more. Like, they're so fucking young and sheltered by their parents, the outside world is still way evil, big, and scary to them.

On 11.4.2018 at 3:51 AM, snickers34 said:

Slight thread drift from Jana....I think JoKen are hardcore, full frontal fundies, and the fact that they don't have social media supports that even more. Like, they're so fucking young and sheltered by their parents, the outside world is still way evil, big, and scary to them.

I think the same about Joy and Austin. They do have social media but they seem the most fundie to me out of the couples. Even more fundie than JB and Michelle. It's just a vibe I get from them. Joe and Kendra just seem very vanilla and fundie for that reason alone. Joy and Austin are diferent. I think they will be extremely fundie in the future and I expect Joy to have the most Duggar grand-children, 12 or more. All the rest of them, I see them stopping at 4-6 children.

3 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I think the same about Joy and Austin. They do have social media but they seem the most fundie to me out of the couples. Even more fundie than JB and Michelle. It's just a vibe I get from them. Joe and Kendra just seem very vanilla and fundie for that reason alone. Joy and Austin are diferent. I think they will be extremely fundie in the future and I expect Joy to have the most Duggar grand-children, 12 or more. All the rest of them, I see them stopping at 4-6 children.

I don't disagree with you about Jostin and being super Fudy but after seeing how her last birth played out it's scary to think of her attempting pregnancy that many times. especially since she has such shoddy care. 

Barring education, real prenatal care and some restraint, Joy will not be having 12 babies. She is a 20 YO who just had a 10 lb, first baby via a c-section. In order to have a mega family, many things will need to change. I'm not seeing that happening any time soon-

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Jana is in a situation like Michaela was. Michaela only wanted Brandon, prayed and waited for him and it worked out for her. If Brandon had never approached her I imagine she would have remained single. 

ETA . This feels like it’s in the wrong thread.

9 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I wonder if Jana is in a situation like Michaela was. Michaela only wanted Brandon, prayed and waited for him and it worked out for her. If Brandon had never approached her I imagine she would have remained single. 

It’s the current Jana thread. I would be curious if anyone else has thoughts on this. 

1 hour ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

It’s the current Jana thread. I would be curious if anyone else has thoughts on this. 

Thanks, somebody moved it here for me!

18 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Did we know who Brandon was before he entered a relationship with Micheal? If this is the case with Jana, we might never know, but it's possible

2 hours ago, seraaa said:

Did we know who Brandon was before he entered a relationship with Micheal? If this is the case with Jana, we might never know, but it's possible

I’m not suggesting Jana was in a relationship with Brandon. I’m comparing how Michaela was set only on Brandon and was all or nothing about him. She waited and prayed for him for a few years before he noticed her.

The Duggars are isolated, even for fundies. I could absolutely see Jana not being impressed with her very limited choices.  I tend to agree with those who think Jana wasn't going for yet another fundie "preacher." (I fully acknowledge that I am speculating.) 

1 hour ago, TeaELSee said:

I’m not suggesting Jana was in a relationship with Brandon. I’m comparing how Michaela was set only on Brandon and was all or nothing about him. She waited and prayed for him for a few years before he noticed her.

I know, I was comparing him with a hypothetical equivalent! Sorry if that was confusing

Yeah. Maybe she hasn’t met a guy she likes yet. Maybe she doesn’t want to turn her uterus into a clown car at 28. Maybe she likes being special. Maybe she’s shy or afraid. Maybe she is gay. Maybe she’s a total bitch and nobody likes her. There are a million possible reasons Jana is single. I just wish she could self actuaize because she is a full on ADULT WOMAN. 

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

The Duggars are isolated, even for fundies. I could absolutely see Jana not being impressed with her very limited choices.  I tend to agree with those who think Jana wasn't going for yet another fundie "preacher." (I fully acknowledge that I am speculating.) 

How so? They are either friends or acquainted with the “better” sort of Fundie families through ATI and all the various get togethers and mission trips.Family’s regularly send their children to stay with them. Young men seek out Jim Bob. I would argue Jana has a lot more options than most of them.

It could be that 'the Brandon-equivalent' has not noticed her OR that he has not been approved by Jim Bob.

Although my guess is that Jana is not interested (yet) in any of the guys around her.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived